Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Your name calling and rhetoric is getting old. Why not just STFU and let it go.

Don't be such a cry baby. Who started the name calling, accusations, and assumptions? Mrs. Oldelkhunter! We're just having some fun.

Oldelkhunter asked for info on Tikka shrouds getting blown off, and I provided the links. But rather than discuss them, or rifle "design" the subject got changed or dismissed. She even stated that I was the gunsmith sponsor at the Alaska forums bad mouthing Tikkas. WTF?!

Defend your hero as you wish. But when someone does hit-n-run with name calling, avoidance, and accusations I'm not going to "STFU" because you don't like it.

Jason

So now you attack me for suggesting you do what you should have already had the sense to do, if you were even half as smart as you seem to think you are. Guess you are wrong. Really not very smart. Give it your best and don't let me get under your skin while you do. At least you can spread the name calling around and give someone else a break while you gain more respect and integrity... Congratulations?

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore

He's still thumbing through the Stickionary for more to say. Should be a "bless your heart" coming along anytime now.

Ahhh, no. That's been your forte for quite awhile. But I love how you roll Stick into the equation.

So why the metal shroud 16Bore? If the OEM co-polymer is sufficient, why upgrade? Just paint the plastic 'red'.

Should I collect photos of the (5) Tikklers and describe why I bought each one? I know you'll divert to this instead of answering the above, or discussing the "design" of a rifle.

Thanks!

Big Stick, AKA Boxer is a real PITA with his constant, foul, diatribe (you can google that word), however, to his credit, he has forgotten more things rifle than you will ever dream of knowing.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why the Boyd's on the RAR? Keep digging.

To fix the flop. Some are worse than others. Have a look, as this has already been posted...

Link to Floppy

But also to add some mass to the system. This was the first Prairie Hunter for me, and truth be told, I was hoping for a chunkier stock. But for $113 I can't complain too much.

But what does the Boyd's have to do with the red metal shroud on your Tikkler?!

So, why the metal shroud?

J

Last edited by 4th_point; 04/11/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why the Boyd's on the RAR? Keep digging.

$40(?) Mag ass gaskets

And what is a "Mag ass gasket"? The extended mag by Cotis and Shortactionsmoker? If so, its a dang nice option for the 223 RAR.

The more you write, the better it gets. You've dug a hole so deep that you need to type louder so we can hear you! Be careful as you're one of the very few that can hang them-self from the thinnest of spider threads in that deep hole grin

Why not paint the plastic shroud red?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So now you attack me for suggesting you do what you should have already had the sense to do, if you were even half as smart as you seem to think you are. Guess you are wrong. Really not very smart. Give it your best and don't let me get under your skin while you do. At least you can spread the name calling around and give someone else a break while you gain more respect and integrity... Congratulations?

Your name calling and rhetoric is getting old. Why not just STFU and let it go.

I don't recall addressing you, or calling you out directly in this thread or any other. I do recall you starting the conversation with me,in this thread, using "STFU".

Perhaps give me a sermon on casting stones and such?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually, I'd appreciate a sermon on "catching stones thrown" from such a righteous man such as yourself.

Thanks.

PS - "STFU" isn't the best way to start a dialogue, but I could be wrong!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually, I'd appreciate a sermon on "catching stones thrown" from such a righteous man such as yourself.

Thanks.

PS - "STFU" isn't the best way to start a dialogue, but I could be wrong!

And good dialogue does not include name calling, thus the obvious I pointed out. The advice was, and remains, sound. Care to voluntarily provide more proof of your character, or are you finished?

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And good dialogue does not include name calling, thus the obvious I pointed out. The advice was, and remains, sound. Care to voluntarily provide more proof of your character, or are you finished?

Please address my concern of using "STFU" in your initial dialogue with me as this hurt my feelers. Then, I will comment on your comments.

Or, do the "ends Justify the means" in the Righteous-World?

Please give me some time as I'm formulating my response to your next question, as I know you will not address the original question about "STFU".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Please address my concern of using "STFU" in your initial dialogue with me as this hurt my feelers. Then, I will comment on your comments.

Or, do the "ends Justify the means" in the Righteous-World?

Please give me some time as I'm formulating my response to your next question, as I know you will not address the original question about "STFU".

Actually I did. Syndromic intellectual disability? Possibly I should apologize. Take all the time you need.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

J

Because it's red, stupid.

But what does the Boyd's have to do with the red metal shroud on your Tikkler?!

J

Because plastic is inferior and it's red, stupid. Same reason you bought the Boyd's. Same reason I put a McSwirly on my 7mag. Same reason I have a Ti take-off on my 260. Nothing new with replacing inferior parts with better. It happens.

What's funny is watching a little poodle bark his ass off at a mailbox and think he's a pitbull. You ain't. You're a jumpy little punk that thinks he's going to "skool" somebody because he copies verbatim what's already been said over and over again. Your (5) Tikka story (notice the parenthesis a la a Stick post, which I'm sure is where you came up with it) is pretty funny. Reckon you sold them once you lost out in the "cool" club 'cause Tikka's ain't cool. But wait, you did buy a Kimber. Good boy, that's a gooood boy. I don't think much about them. Whoops? Did I really say that? OH SCHIT. Damn, now I guess I have to explain why didn't like it. I'll let you just wallow in "16B doesn't know nothing about rifles". Shucks, I got punked by a poodle.

Keep yapping at the mailbox and thinking you might just grab a pant leg and hump a little. Or better yet "keep going on with the vagina monologue and don't let the couch get your kkunt"

(I figure you would probably understand Stickenese a little better)

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hope so. Seems to be lost on clear English.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Otter6,

That was one heck of a "test". Luckily you were shooting a 7mm in a 7mm, as a bore obstruction would have been even worse. Thanks for sharing and happy to hear you made it out with your vision.

Interesting link:

Getting it Wrong

Jason

Thank you and thanks for the link. That's a big read. I'll hit it in the morning with a cup of Java.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

J

Because plastic is inferior and it's red, stupid.

Thanks for answering the question. Now, it wasn't that hard was it? grin

I agree, the metal seems better than the plastic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's funny is watching a little poodle bark his ass off at a mailbox and think he's a pitbull. You ain't. You're a jumpy little punk that thinks he's going to "skool" somebody because he copies verbatim what's already been said over and over again. Your (5) Tikka story (notice the parenthesis a la a Stick post, which I'm sure is where you came up with it) is pretty funny. Reckon you sold them once you lost out in the "cool" club 'cause Tikka's ain't cool. But wait, you did buy a Kimber. Good boy, that's a gooood boy. I don't think much about them. Whoops? Did I really say that? OH SCHIT. Damn, now I guess I have to explain why didn't like it. I'll let you just wallow in "16B doesn't know nothing about rifles". Shucks, I got punked by a poodle.

Keep yapping at the mailbox and thinking you might just grab a pant leg and hump a little. Or better yet "keep going on with the vagina monologue and don't let the couch get your kkunt"

16Bore-d,

Poodle here. We can keep discussing "me" instead of rifle "design" if you want. Or, you can keep mentioning Stick... as you insist on rolling him into the equation. Perhaps he will come to your rescue? Seems that you bite the hand that feeds you though, no?

I can see that you don't like getting shhit flicked at you. Its starting to get uncomfortable watching you unravel. You really need to have more self-confidence. I never wrote that, "16B doesn't know nothing about rifles". Never even thought that. You have a good deal of rifle/reloading knowledge. Just giving you a hard time for flickin' shhit at me for bitchin' about Tikklers!

Now toughen up a little bit. And get your mind out of the couch.

J

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Plastic trigger guard on the RAR shhit-the-bed on the Boyd's...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 04/12/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Took the plywood off and put the OEM milk-jug stock back on. The white epoxy near the lug captures the receiver but the barrel is allowed to float.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some observations regarding gas entering the firing pin hole on the RAR. There are (3) holes (qty=3, or 3, or threegrin) between the lugs on the bolt head. Two are directed towards the vent holes on either side of the receiver, the third vents to the thru-hole for the front action screw (i.e. blind hole and blocked), but there is a larger hole in the bolt body that vents to the magazine.

The pick points to the "functional" vent holes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It seems that gas entering the bolt body would be vented well. The tail end of the bolt appears to be sealed. I had (2) pierced primers (qty=2, or 2, or twogrin) and never felt anything, but have never experienced anything worse.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Next, observations regarding the RAR and escaping gas "around" the bolt...

The fat bolt on the RAR "seems" to act as a baffle. OEH had a good point about the gaps between the bolt body and rear of the receiver (first pic below). These gaps could still allow hot gas to sneak past to the shooter. But it still seems much more substantial than the T3 in regards to blocking the flow of gas in this area. RAR has the fat bolt, the T3 has a gap covered by the plastic shroud. No scientific proof, just an observation.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With the bolt inserted and closed, there is a vent pathway from the locking area to the magazine as indicated by the pick in the pic...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if it was intentional on the part of Ruger (or if all RAR models are like this), but the fit between the fat bolt body and receiver near the vent directed towards the magazine is very TIGHT. I put sharpie on the bolt, cycled the bolt a few times, and the shiny areas can been seen in the pics below.

It appears that the bolt-to-receiver fit provides a seal from rearward gas flow. The path of least resistance appears to be the vent directed towards the magazine, but it seems that anything can happen when things go wrong...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 264mag, 1_deuce, 204guy, 24 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 1,099 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,362
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.