Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
I didn't say we never get a "NO" answer in prayer. What I said is that the answer to healing is never "NO". Jesus provided for our healing just as surly as he provided for our salvation. Neither is the answer to salvation ever "NO".

I can pray for someone to be healed, and I can pray for someone to be saved. If that person doesn't get saved it's not because God said "NO". It's the same way with healing.

You are contradicting yourself. What do you tell your children when you tell them "no" and they ask, "Why did you say 'no'?" You lie to them and say, "I didn't say 'no' I said something else." blush

When I get a "no" from God I don't rationalize and tell myself "God didn't really say 'no'. I don't know what He said, but He didn't say 'no'." That is a position only a mentally ill person can stand on.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. I simply said that God doesn't say no to healing. If you don't receive healing it's not because God is telling you no. Everything you receive from God is through faith. How can you even have faith for something if you aren't even sure if God wants you to have it?

What would have become of the woman with the issue of blood if she had simply said, I'll be healed if God wants me to and not if he doesn't? What if she had said, God said no and doesn't want me healed because in all these years, I still haven't been healed?

There are many many scriptures that declare God's will for healing. God wants you healed. In other areas of prayer where we aren't sure of God's will, you may very well get a no answer. For instance,God do you want me to take this job, or marry this woman.Personally, i have rarely had an audible to me answer in these areas. many times I am simply guided by the Holy Spirit to follow my peace. I may have a check in my spirit about a situation or decision or I may feel complete peace about it.

Why would Jesus pay such an awesome price to provide something for you and then deny you the very thing he paid for?

I'll tell you what's insane. I suffered and died to provide something for my children and they still didn't know if I wanted them to have it! That's insanity!

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Prayer.....first of all it's any form of communication with our father and expresses our faith to Him. A necessity to form a ever growing relationship.
Answers....I get a yes, sometimes a no and many times a not now, I have something better around the corner.
Healing...many have been healed physically and spiritually (not necessarily both at the same time) before our eyes, many have not. Some will continue to be healed physically and spiritually, some will not but ALL will be healed of any and all eventually if they believe what Christ says....

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

I haven't contradicted myself at all. I simply said that God doesn't say no to healing.

You are truly irrational.

What if

"What if" is for grammar school children.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
R_H_Clark,

I haven't contradicted myself at all. I simply said that God doesn't say no to healing.

You are truly irrational.

What if

"What if" is for grammar school children.

No, it's a way to understand why some don't receive their healing and some do if you weren't already too sure of yourself to learn something.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You need to read the book, And These Signs Will Follow. Then get back to me.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I read the Bible, it's the word of God not man.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Scott F,

It was addressed to R_H_Clark who seems to think he is the only one to exercise faith, or who can learn. The book has lots of examples of faith in action.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Spiritual healing is far more important than the physical healings are. Even Paul had a problem that he had to live with.

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

We don't need spiritual healing. We weren't spiritually sick, we were spiritually dead. Scripture is clear that spiritually, we are born again,not healed.

The scripture is also clear in the passage you posted. It says that Paul's thorn was a demon spirit sent to stir up trouble for him. Jesus told Paul that his grace was sufficient to the task and that his strength was made perfect in weakness.

Think about it like this. Jesus doesn't perform for us every time we need something and Jesus didn't cast away Paul's evil spirit.Jesus doesn't tell us that he will cast out spirits for us, He tells us to cast out spirits in his name,relying on the grace he has given us through his weakness on the cross.

What Jesus has done on the cross is to give us the grace and strength to overcome for ourselves. That power in us was made perfect through his weakness.

Then Paul goes on to say that he takes pleasure in challenges for when he is weak, he can rely on the power of Christ in him. For when he realizes his own weakness, then he is left relying on true strength, the power of Christ in him.

You are almost as good as Ringman at twisting the Word of God.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Scott F,

It was addressed to R_H_Clark who seems to think he is the only one to exercise faith, or who can learn. The book has lots of examples of faith in action.

BTW. Have been Spirit filled for well over thirty years.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Spiritual healing is far more important than the physical healings are. Even Paul had a problem that he had to live with.

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

We don't need spiritual healing. We weren't spiritually sick, we were spiritually dead. Scripture is clear that spiritually, we are born again,not healed.

The scripture is also clear in the passage you posted. It says that Paul's thorn was a demon spirit sent to stir up trouble for him. Jesus told Paul that his grace was sufficient to the task and that his strength was made perfect in weakness.

Think about it like this. Jesus doesn't perform for us every time we need something and Jesus didn't cast away Paul's evil spirit.Jesus doesn't tell us that he will cast out spirits for us, He tells us to cast out spirits in his name,relying on the grace he has given us through his weakness on the cross.

What Jesus has done on the cross is to give us the grace and strength to overcome for ourselves. That power in us was made perfect through his weakness.

Then Paul goes on to say that he takes pleasure in challenges for when he is weak, he can rely on the power of Christ in him. For when he realizes his own weakness, then he is left relying on true strength, the power of Christ in him.

You are almost as good as Ringman at twisting the Word of God.

That's a very hurtful statement to me. I do my very best to interpret scripture so that the interpretation agrees with all other scripture.

The scripture it'self tells you that Paul's thorn was a messenger sent from Satan to buffet him. Even so there is much debate among clergy as to what physical infirmity the "thorn" was. It's extremely hard to let go of religious tradition.

IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

I do my very best to interpret scripture so that the interpretation agrees with all other scripture.

I always thought you did your best to stay away from Scripture and use commentaries.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"That's a very hurtful statement to me. I do my very best to interpret scripture so that the interpretation agrees with all other scripture.

The scripture it'self tells you that Paul's thorn was a messenger sent from Satan to buffet him. Even so there is much debate among clergy as to what physical infirmity the "thorn" was. It's extremely hard to let go of religious tradition."

I don't have any idea where you find that. It is very plain that Paul's eyesight was poor. That, I'm sure, was his thorn.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"That's a very hurtful statement to me. I do my very best to interpret scripture so that the interpretation agrees with all other scripture.

The scripture it'self tells you that Paul's thorn was a messenger sent from Satan to buffet him. Even so there is much debate among clergy as to what physical infirmity the "thorn" was. It's extremely hard to let go of religious tradition."

I don't have any idea where you find that. It is very plain that Paul's eyesight was poor. That, I'm sure, was his thorn.

I find it in the verse it'self.
2 Corinthians 12:7-10King James Version (KJV)

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Here is the truth if you can look past your traditional teachings to receive it.
http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/pauls_thorn

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
This is what we are to learn from Paul's "thorn". What it might be is quite immaterial but to understand we all have them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Raising the dead

Wommack teaches that human beings, by the authority of Christ and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, can miraculously heal and raise people from the dead; and he states on his website and in his books that his younger son, Peter, was raised from the dead by the power of God on March 4, 2001.[8] "My own son was raised up after being dead for five hours," Wommack said.[8] He has also said, "I've personally seen three people raised from the dead, including my own son. He'd been dead for almost five hours, and had already turned black. His toe was tagged and he was lying on a slab in the hospital morgue."[9]
Miracles and healings

Wommack states he has witnessed uncountable miracles and healings:

"Although many people would like to see blind eyes and deaf ears opened, terminal diseases healed, the dead raised, and financial blessings manifest the way I have (by God's grace), they're not willing to spend the time yielding to and fellowshipping with the Lord in His Word, prayer, and obedience."[10]

"I don't claim to have 'arrived' concerning prayer, but I've definitely left! I regularly see miracles of every kind happen in my life and ministry. My own son was raised up after being dead for five hours. I've seen many blind eyes and deaf ears opened, not to mention all of the cancers healed, people coming out of wheelchairs, and demons cast out."[8]

Now I understand where you are coming from. Try getting back to God's Word and test this guy's teaching against what the truth is.

I can top one of his silly stories as I was dead for 36 years but Jesus the Christ gave me eternal life.

Let us know what morgue his son was in.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Paul's thorn was the true disciples of Jesus.

They regarded him as a fake who never met Jesus.

Which, of course, was true on both counts.

He was a first-century religious charlatan.

Kind of the Pat Robertson of his day.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"Raising the dead

Wommack teaches that human beings, by the authority of Christ and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, can miraculously heal and raise people from the dead; and he states on his website and in his books that his younger son, Peter, was raised from the dead by the power of God on March 4, 2001.[8] "My own son was raised up after being dead for five hours," Wommack said.[8] He has also said, "I've personally seen three people raised from the dead, including my own son. He'd been dead for almost five hours, and had already turned black. His toe was tagged and he was lying on a slab in the hospital morgue."[9]
Miracles and healings

Wommack states he has witnessed uncountable miracles and healings:

"Although many people would like to see blind eyes and deaf ears opened, terminal diseases healed, the dead raised, and financial blessings manifest the way I have (by God's grace), they're not willing to spend the time yielding to and fellowshipping with the Lord in His Word, prayer, and obedience."[10]

"I don't claim to have 'arrived' concerning prayer, but I've definitely left! I regularly see miracles of every kind happen in my life and ministry. My own son was raised up after being dead for five hours. I've seen many blind eyes and deaf ears opened, not to mention all of the cancers healed, people coming out of wheelchairs, and demons cast out."[8]

Now I understand where you are coming from. Try getting back to God's Word and test this guy's teaching against what the truth is.

I can top one of his silly stories as I was dead for 36 years but Jesus the Christ gave me eternal life.

Let us know what morgue his son was in.

I can't confirm anything Wommack has seen. I didn't see it myself but I have no reason to doubt it based on the Word of God.It really is sad that you have been taught to believe miracles,signs and wonders are passed away.There is nothing in the Word that says God doesn't perform miracles today,quite the opposite in fact.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What hospital morgue was his son in?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I don't know. Why don't you contact him and ask him? Even if he is lying about the whole thing it doesn't mean that God doesn't perform miracles today.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I don't know. Why don't you contact him and ask him? Even if he is lying about the whole thing it doesn't mean that God doesn't perform miracles today.

I don't base my belief in God or his word on what I can see and prove.

Well, apparently now I'm answering myself.LOL I meant to edit instead.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 05/21/15.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 7 invisible), 1,452 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.