Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Globalization is great. Pretty soon they will start making tritium scopes in Iran.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
QA/QC seals the deal no matter the country. I have had to load up the same in the US as I have had to in Japan, Malaysia and Korea. China needs another level of presence but is more than manageable.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
QA/QC seals the deal no matter the country. I have had to load up the same in the US as I have had to in Japan, Malaysia and Korea. China needs another level of presence but is more than manageable.

About what I was going to say. Asian products can be high quality thanks to modern technology, but will only be as good as the quality control of the contracting company.

So much depends on how closely the contracting company monitors the production.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
American companies deal with the Chinese for the scopes... They get exactly what they are paying for. It is not the Chinese but the Simmons, Bushnell, Tasco, Vortex, etc. that are stinking up the market with the junk. American optics companies are calling for a specific price point in order to show a greater profit.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
MD: From reading your post, I believe you are confusing durability with basic Quality Control. "failed in one way or another when mounted on my rifles" and "all economic levels had failed in one way or another when mounted on my rifles, purely from shooting" seems to imply that you were at least able to get the scopes bore sighted. On the Tasco scope that I got, the most rudimentary QC check (twist the elevation/windage knob to see if they move) would have revealed a product that should never have left the production facility. Yes, I should have have checked that out before laying the scope in the rings myself but if I had I still would have had to deal with the pi** poor customer service issues.
This kind of basic QC issue occurs at a much higher frequency with goods originating in China. This statement is based upon my experience in the machine tool industry. The Chinese are quite capable of turning out top quality products and they will for first article inspection and probably the first production run. Inevitably quality slips so drastically in subsequent production runs until the importer is stuck with a container of shoddy worthless goods that the manufacturer refuses to accept for return. I have personally witnessed this so often and with such regularity that I am convinced it is just part of the Chinese business model. As another poster on this thread has stated, the only cure is for a QC representative working for the importer on site in China which is what I advised all my clients. Periodically, I too have to relearn this lesson.
Incidentally, I purchased this particular scope on the recommendation of another member of this forum. I am sure his scope was satisfactory but was probably from an earlier shipment. Bushnell will never reveal the numbers but I would bet that the failure rate of this shipment is in excess of 3%.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 942 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.