Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
For most things I prefer Pay Pal as it's very fast. One note that I will not due business with anyone asking for Pay Pal "gift". If the person has no qualms about cheating PayPal it's not a stretch to believe that they would rip me off also.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by reelman
For most things I prefer Pay Pal as it's very fast. One note that I will not due business with anyone asking for Pay Pal "gift". If the person has no qualms about cheating PayPal it's not a stretch to believe that they would rip me off also.

How can you feel good about paying pay pal a percentage for something they prohibit you from buying to start with?

Does paying them a fee, make your transaction seem honest somehow?

Maybe giving paypal a few cents a transaction helps you clear your sneaky conscience?

Maybe you just like supporting anti-gunners?

When using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.

Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.

Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?articleID=FAQ585&m=SRE

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once funds are verified, the item is sent on to its new home.

I always find it strange how the person sending money must be verified while the seller is always a wonderful man that can be trusted. crazy miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check MO Paypal

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mac1978
And the USPS and their parent company are gun lovers?

+1

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prefer to have my hand out, palm up, while the buyer counts out large bills. Once done, he can take his item right away. This is the BEST way, but not always the most convenient.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
usps m/o or check

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Money orders can be faked. Cash can be faked. PayPal has restrictions. AARP is opposed to guns. Checks can bounce. No matter what conveyance you use there will be issues. As long as seller and buyer can agree, go for it and be happy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton
Once funds are verified, the item is sent on to its new home.

I always find it strange how the person sending money must be verified while the seller is always a wonderful man that can be trusted. crazy miles

Don't be absurd, Miles. Women can sell stuff, too. laugh

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Graciously

Location: Bartlett, suburb of Memphis. Texas native, and can't wait to be a resident again!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jotahech
Graciously

Best answer, by a mile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won't do PayPal gift. If you'll cheat them you'll cheat me. USPS money orders are a pia. Send me a check. When it clears I'll send it.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
a seller should accept whatever form of payment a buyer wants to use.

if i have to trust you to send me the item, you should have to trust me to send you good payment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This thread has been a bit eye-opening to me, with regard to PayPal. I never viewed PP gift as a way of cheating PayPal out of anything. The gift option simply takes away the fees in exchange for losing protection on a transfer. If I'm buying a firearm, PP won't offer protection anyway, so what's the point of paying the fee?

Interesting to see some completely different views on the matter.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
8Snake, the Pay Pal fee is not only for the buyer protection but also for the ease of sending the money.

I do some dog breeding of rather high end dogs and I only accept a $300 deposit on Pay Pal. The balance has to be paid in cash if it's a face to face transaction or via bank wire transfer if the dog is being shipped.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've done 34 transactions in the past couple of years and have accepted personal check or bank check and have had no issues. On several sales, I've sent the item befor the check was received with no problems. My opinion is that most of the 24HCF folks are decent, honest guys to deal with.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
PayPal as a gift. Protects both the buyer & seller.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know much about this, only what I've read on various posts, but if you purchase a firearm, pay for it as a gift, and the seller never delivers, won't PayPal just tell you you're out of luck since you violated their rules?
Or just any firearm related equipment since most of that is not controlled by Federal law, who you gonna call?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JeffM

PayPal as a gift has no inherent protection, even if it wasn't for gun related purchases.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
Originally Posted by JeffM

PayPal as a gift has no inherent protection, even if it wasn't for gun related purchases.

If I remember correctly, Paypal was a company bought by (maybe even started as an independent by) eBay, which is also very anti-gun. I think I read eBay is planning to spin it off again. Either way, both are very anti-gun. Both will bounce your account and delay or refuse to transfer payment if they detect violation of their rules, gift or no gift.

I read through Paypal's legal explanation a few years back on their web site. Total BS. BY their definition, every company and person who made, transferred or even touched a firearm was liable if it was ever misused. Anti-gun BS.

I used Paypal once years ago for car parts from eBay before I knew. Never again. By no means are they the only anti-gun companies, but I do what I can to avoid antis when possible.

Regarding money orders, supermarkets, WalMart and most of the mailing service stores sell MOs, so you don't have to go to the post office. The Kroger chain uses Western Union MOs.

I tell buyers I will expedite shipping if they send me a scan or phone pic of the MO before mailing. I also take a personal check with a few days clearing delay.

I find best way (as buyer or seller) is to send the MO in a USPS priority mail envelope. Two or three day delivery and has a tracking number.

If you're lucky enough to live way out there, stamp and an evelope.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those who have the courage to defend it" - Pericles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,596
Posts18,492,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.