Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by dogzapper

I take it that you are an avid reader of my "Christian" blog grin Not too surprisingly, a lot of the 24HCF guys and gals are, so maybe you follow my words ... I've learned not to judge.

Originally Posted by dogzapper

Consider the following; I have worked literally all of my life to accumulate a couple of thousand bucks and a little gold. Should I allow this 14-year old black puke take away thirty years of my hard work and sweat???

Right, wrong ... legal or not ... moral or immoral ... any right-thinking person is going to press the trigger and send the alleged felon sonofabitch straight to HELL.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

[Linked Image]

Is that the original.? Didn't know you were that old. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingfisher
Gotta love ole Rev Al. He is constantly saying the stand your ground law is there to kill black people.

I would say that there is racist!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know how N.C. laws covers it, but here is the Texas statute.
_______

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using Previous deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using Previous force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the Previous deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of Previous force Hit other than Previous deadly force Hit to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't know how N.C. laws covers it, but here is the Texas statute.
_______

deadly force to protect personal property is not a defense in NC.

In this case, I believe the felons were intending on using the chainsaw as a weapon against someone....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't think Texas could look any better than it already does.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I didn't think Texas could look any better than it already does.

It's always looked great to me.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

In this case, I believe the felons were intending on using the chainsaw as a weapon against someone....

That would make it a robbery, not a theft (I know you know that). Big difference when it comes to deadly force issues.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kinda of funny law Pat... It is legal to kill someone in the nighttime.. The question begs to be answered... how bout in the daytime?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not according to the law for simple theft or criminal mischief.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just funny that it specifies "in the nighttime". smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by RWE

That would make it a robbery, not a theft (I know you know that). Big difference when it comes to deadly force issues.

I was just providing a little "advice" for the owner's sons defense. wink

Unless there's some sort of compelling evidence (or if the media forgets about the whole situation because everyone involved is white and the situation fades away) the kid will have a problem with his defense unless he can prove that the thieves were planning on hurting someone with that chainsaw....

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (Anaconda, Amos63, arky65, 44automag, 9 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,100
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.