Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman

If we blow the slide rails off in a dangerous encounter, guess how much I care over the damaged $200 pistol......

I don't think anyone posting here really cares about damaging a gun if it saves their life. My personal preference, however, would be to avoid having the rear of the slide launch through my dominant eye and into my head. If I have any concerns about that, I will find a different solution, but that is a personal choice.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

If we blow the slide rails off in a dangerous encounter, guess how much I care over the damaged $200 pistol......

I don't think anyone posting here really cares about damaging a gun if it saves their life. My personal preference, however, would be to avoid having the rear of the slide launch through my dominant eye and into my head. If I have any concerns about that, I will find a different solution, but that is a personal choice.

Well put, but the reports and reviews indicate that these little P3AT's will take a good number of rounds of these.

NRA testing a few years ago showed that these Kel Tecs handled a good number of the Buffalo Bore rounds, and the 100gr HCFN loads I use completely penetrated the 24 inch block of ballistic Gelatin with a heavy denim barrier placed in front. This gives me good confidence that in a close range emergency the pistol will do quite allright.

Owners of these who post at the Kel Tec Owners group report good longevity with the Buffalo Bore loads and a couple of guys (who also posted links to the news story about their incident) have related excellent fight stopping ability with their P3AT's loaded with this kind of ammo.

I will ALWAYS much prefer my 1911 in 10mm with lazer grips, but sometimes one just cannot carry so large and heavy of a handgun.

Last edited by safariman; 04/27/15.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

This is a Kel-Tec P3AT 380 clipped into my L.L. Bean shirt pocket.

It weighs 6 ounces, 10 ounces loaded with 7 rounds of 90 gr Gold Dot JHP 1100 fps.

When I put that up against my NAA 6.5 ounce loaded revolver, they both feel the same in my pocket... I can't feel that they are there.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "Doped up" was added. Not my words and not my reality at all. I have been walking around with a Fentanyl patch and taking Oxycodones fro severe gout pain for a very long time.

While on that level of meds I made numerous launches at the dragstrip in .010 to .030 and ran well until I got to sick mid summer to continue. The body and mind adapt, and a big body like mine can handle higher doses than can a smaller person. Like I said, if I was "doped up" and I am most certainly NOT, I would not be carrying a firearm at all. I knew not to carry upon release from the transplannt center, nor for the frst few day s when my med levels were high enough for me to feel them.

How 'bout we get back to the NAA mini revolvers merits, or lack thereof? I am doing just fine and have my wits about me quite nicely, thank you all very much.

I stand by my point that a 10 ounce .380 with heavy duty loads such as the super hot rod loads from Buffalo Bore is a far better option for deep carry.

A tox report if you got into any incident at all would show those levels and that would have you considered as "doped up" under the law.

By your own admission, with your "pain issues", you've been doped up and carrying for years. Washington State, and most all states, do NOT have an exception from their under the influence laws for prescription drugs. If you are carrying while under the influence of ANY drug, you are almost assuredly in violation of the law and by legal definition "doped up".

Your operation of a motor vehicle, while on the highways or the drag strips, under the influence of any drug is a clear violation of RCW 46.61. You are no better than the "functional alcoholic" who drives "buzzed" at the level his "big body" can take every day.

Not that any of this, or any law at all, makes any difference to you. Narcissist sociopaths rarely give a damn about anything but themselves and their own selfish desires.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My healing up quickly has allowed me to drop my meds down to pre surgery levels and I am driving my truck, with ease for those who were (Unneccesarily) concerned.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.61.502

Originally Posted by RCW 46.61.502
RCW 46.61.502
Driving under the influence.

(1) A person is guilty of driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor, marijuana, or any drug if the person drives a vehicle within this state:

(a) And the person has, within two hours after driving, an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher as shown by analysis of the person's breath or blood made under RCW 46.61.506; or

(b) The person has, within two hours after driving, a THC concentration of 5.00 or higher as shown by analysis of the person's blood made under RCW 46.61.506; or

(c) While the person is under the influence of or affected by intoxicating liquor, marijuana, or any drug; or

(d) While the person is under the combined influence of or affected by intoxicating liquor, marijuana, and any drug.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RCW 9.41.098 Forfeiture of firearms—Disposition—Confiscation.

(1) The superior courts and the courts of limited jurisdiction of the state may order forfeiture of a firearm which is proven to be:
----
(e) In the possession of a person who is in any place in which a concealed pistol license is required, and who is under the influence of any drug or under the influence of intoxicating liquor, as defined in chapter 46.61 RCW;
----

safariman, you've stated before that you have concealed carry permits from several states. Check each state that has issued one to you for their statutes on carrying, open or concealed with or without a license, while under the influence of ANY drug. You will find that your actions are not lawful in every one of those jurisdictions, I suspect.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/27/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for your concern, truly.

I will be off of any Opiate based meds within days and this will no longer be a concern.

Last night, late, we made a wrong turn and ended up in the harbour and insdustrial part of Seattle with lots of homeless and scary looking characters. We were glad that we had some sort of handgun on board while trying to find our way back to the highway. Especially when we had to find a small resteraunt and make a bathroom break.

Ya pays yer fees, and ya takes your chances. My calculated risk has me carrying at least the undetectaable P3AT.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I will be off of any Opiate based meds within days and this will no longer be a concern.

Last night, late, we made a wrong turn and ended up in the harbour and insdustrial part of Seattle with lots of homeless and scary looking characters. We were glad that we had some sort of handgun on board while trying to find our way back to the highway. Especially when we had to find a small resteraunt and make a bathroom break.

Ya pays yer fees, and ya takes your chances. My calculated risk has me carrying at least the undetectaable P3AT.

Check the laws; they don't define "opiate based" meds any differently than any other medication. Your gout medication and the associated pain medications likely fall under this statute. Accordingly as well, your DRIVING while under the influence of those medications, whether on the road or on a drag strip, is also against the law.

Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just took a friend to get his sutures taken out after a broken ankle operation.
He THOUGHT he could get through the day with no more Oxycontin, but I had to rush him home to get his pills. It was like a "bite the bullet" movie.

In WA state we can't carry our concealed pistols into a bar. But I put mine away if I am going to have a drink anywhere.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Check the laws; they don't define "opiate based" meds any differently than any other medication. Your gout medication and the associated pain medications likely fall under this statute. Accordingly as well, your DRIVING while under the influence of those medications, whether on the road or on a drag strip, is also against the law.

So I'm not supposed to drive after free-basing heroin??? Man, can't we do anything fun anymore???
laugh laugh laugh

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by 4ager

So I'm not supposed to drive after free-basing heroin??? Man, can't we do anything fun anymore???
laugh laugh laugh

Better not get behind the wheel with any poppy seeds in your system either, Kevin! It will get you a false THC reading. Just watching out for ya' brother.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,203
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.