Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
fugg any boat you can't put on the roof of the truck yourself. exercise in futility and rage fueled by cash.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
only thing that matters in this world is money and themselves.

What else is there?

Travis

vaginal intercourse

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
only thing that matters in this world is money and themselves.

What else is there?

Travis

vaginal intercourse

Even BETTER !!

http://distractify.com/Myka-Fox/double-your-pleasure-double-your-fun/

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In 1982 I as launching in the dark at Mukilteo for winter blackmouth salmon. I would fish before work. The same guys were using the launch every morning and the wait was 5 minutes. Everyone was running on conditioned responses.

Then in the summer there would be a Silver Salmon run. Launching during the day was a 1 hour wait. Many of those people never would get their boat back in the trailer if not for the kindness of strangers.

But the worst is the Renton launch into Lake Washington for a Sockeye run. Thousands of boats need to launch from one spot. It can take 8 hours of jockeying with other boats to get out.

I got around the Silver salmon and the Sockeye salmon lines by dragging as small boat to the beach.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Boat ramps are places of great amusement. Recreational boaters are the worst. Love it when they pull out and block the ramp while they tie down. They remind me of hunters with see through mounts...seems neither one knows WTF they are doing.

Bass fishermen are the best at ramps. Fast....efficient. They launch or trailer 3-4 boats while the Ski Nautique types are figuring which end of the boat goes in the water first.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
11 or 12 years ago my brother and I went fishing with Dad in his 16' boat. He backed it off the trailer and I pulled the truck up while he moved it away from the ramp to another dock to load us. He was having a very hard time and almost bumped into several other boats, making the owners VERY unhappy. It was a bit unnerving watching him make a fool of himself.

The rest of the story: this was one of his earliest spells of confusion because of undiagnosed dementia. He had no idea where he was or how handle a boat. We were lucky that he was able to get it to another dock so we could get aboard.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We came back to the launch after a morning of salmon fishing out on Lake Huron. Pull alongside the dock and tie off, all the other docks had boats tied up with people either launching their boat or getting ready to pull out. Along comes this idiot from Ohio with a 14' aluminum boat on a trailer. He backs in between my boat and the boat across from me. Barely enough room for him to fit...

I always carry a tire valve core removal tool in my truck. People usually have a spare tire for their trailer, never seen someone with two tires.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was driving from WA to MT every year with a 14' boat trailer and getting two flat tires per trip.

Until I noticed [in my rear view mirror] the boat was going way up in the air when crossing cattle gates.

I slowed down for cattle gates, and the flat tires went away.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never seen them used but shocks would help many trailers a lot. I don't know they'd survive being submerged on a boat trailer, though.

― George Orwell

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've never seen anything to match the boating pandemonium of the Kenai river during the height of the dipnetting season. 500-100 boats jammed in the same two miles of river. Couple that with a strong tide and some times 3-4 foot chop and wind. Makes for some interesting time on the water.

The boat launch is better now that they have some attendants but it used to be insane to watch some of the "boats" people put on the water. Surprisingly there are few serious incidents for all the craziness of dipnetting season.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always carry a tire valve core removal tool in my truck. People usually have a spare tire for their trailer, never seen someone with two tires.
Trailer tires won't hold up like car tires. Traveling without a spare is tempting fate.

― George Orwell

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (219 Wasp, 257Bob, 22magnut, 257man, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 1,833 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,242
Posts18,524,949
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.