-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Found a Ruger Redhawk 45 LC 5.5 BBL in Reno Nv , guy won't ship Know it's a tricky longshot but looking for someone to possibly get in contact with him , buy it and ship to a FFL here.

Can PM me if interested and will call you . Or you Slam me for trying to do this .

Everything is on UP N UP on my end just can't convince guy to ship..

Kinda like trying to convince your wife to,, Oh never mind that one ..

Thanks

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Can you convince him to take it to a dealer and have the dealer ship to your FFL? Or maybe he's not wanting anyone to know he has a gun.
Not knowing the deal particulars. Hope you get some help.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WindyMule
Found a Ruger Redhawk 45 LC 5.5 BBL in Reno Nv , guy won't ship Know it's a tricky longshot but looking for someone to possibly get in contact with him , buy it and ship to a FFL here.

Can PM me if interested and will call you . Or you Slam me for trying to do this .

Thanks

That would be a straw purchase and illegal. Better off getting him to take it to an FFL you find in his area, you then pay that FFL ship it to your FFL.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by WindyMule

Thanks

That would be a straw purchase and illegal. Better off getting him to take it to an FFL you find in his area, you then pay that FFL ship it to your FFL.

What he said. If he won't ship it, keep shopping.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If a guy bought it then sold it going thru an FFL where is the straw purchase? If a guy bought it thru an FFL then sold it to an individual I could see it being a straw purchase.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
There's more than one ruger.
Move along.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RED53
If a guy bought it then sold it going thru an FFL where is the straw purchase? If a guy bought it thru an FFL then sold it to an individual I could see it being a straw purchase.

Because he has to fill out the form 4473 which specifically asks whether the purchaser is the actual purchaser of the firearm. He is not. There was a cop back east that got convicted for a straw purchase when he bought a firearm through his special LEO discount program and then sent it to an FFL in his Uncle's state to take possession. The uncle sent the money to the LOE, who bought the gun and then shipped it to Uncle's FFL. He was convicted and his conviction was upheld on appeal to SCOTUS, even though both parties could legally own the firearm, it was legal in both states and the final purchaser went through an FFL. The letter of the law was what was enforced, not the spirit of the law, which was to keep firearms out of the hands of people who cannot legally own them.

http://www.wisconsinappeals.net/on-...hen-true-purchaser-may-lawfully-own-gun/

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by RED53

Because he has to fill out the form 4473 which specifically asks whether the purchaser is the actual purchaser of the firearm. He is not. There was a cop back east that got convicted for a straw purchase when he bought a firearm through his special LEO discount program and then sent it to an FFL in his Uncle's state to take possession. The uncle sent the money to the LOE, who bought the gun and then shipped it to Uncle's FFL. He was convicted and his conviction was upheld on appeal to SCOTUS, even though both parties could legally own the firearm, it was legal in both states and the final purchaser went through an FFL. The letter of the law was what was enforced, not the spirit of the law, which was to keep firearms out of the hands of people who cannot legally own them.

http://www.wisconsinappeals.net/on-...hen-true-purchaser-may-lawfully-own-gun/

I believe the OP is looking for a WY resident to buy the pistol face to face and then send to him via FFL. In that case the original purchase wouldn't require 4473 (at least not here in Ohio so long as both parties are residents) and so there is no straw man from a paperwork point of view. Someone buys it FTF and then resells it by sending to an FFL for the OP.

Not advocating the idea. Guessing it's a good deal and that's what has the OP scheming...

Wonder how the fellas in your story got caught?

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That ain't the only gun they made

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe the gun is stolen or the current owner is a felon.

I wouldnt ask anyone to be a part of this deal on a public forum.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Maybe the gun is stolen or the current owner is a felon.

I wouldnt ask anyone to be a part of this deal on a public forum.

That is correct, this thread alone makes it a straw purchase.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yep! I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

To the OP : get on GunBroker and buy a Redhawk, or even go to Davidson's web sight and buy one. If the guy won't ship it to a FFL Dealer in Iowa, then something's not kosher either with the seller or with the gun.

A straw purchase is a Felony! Meaning you will never own another gun!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/15/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I can feel for the OP. Been there. Found a gun that the seller didn't want to ship. Very frustrating.

I don't believe, if the 3rd party bought from an individual and shipped to an FFL, the process would be illegal. FTF sales don't require a form filled out requiring the 3rd party to declare intent.

An option would be for a 3rd party to aid in the purchase by meeting the seller at an FFL and immediately have the FFL to ship.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I can hear "ALARMS" going off, for sure. This is one handgun to pass on in my opinion...........Redworm

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ringworm
Move along.

Well said. It's not a rare gun

I am one gun away from happy
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I find it hard to believe that it would be a straw purchase. I could buy it, and resell it to another using an FFL and it would be legal. I think that for a straw purchase to happen, someone would have to get possession of the gun without a background check, which wouldn't happen. It would be different if you bought the gun and transferred it to someone else, avoiding the background check.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Abramski vs United States - June 2014 Supreme Court decision defines straw purchase as what the OP is Looking to do. Dealer purchase and transfer to a dealer in another state for the intended end owner.

Last edited by ken158; 05/15/15.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
Originally Posted by ringworm
Move along.

Well said. It's not a rare gun

Even if it were rare, there is not a gun or a great deal out there that is worth engaging any any monkey business to acquire.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 58 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.