Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
In reference to the thread about how women are so bad and in it for themselves only(like the men ain't at times?)

Somewhere somehow I came in possesion of an Academy gift card for 100 bucks. I don't even recall, likely a raffle ticket from the office.

Wife shops there for jeans. Its 30 minutes to the closest one. So i gave her the card, couldn't think of anything I needed and ammo is not nearly reasonable, and I haven't shot a factory load other than shotgun/rimfire in so long I can't recall....

So she went today. Calls me back while I'm shredding(she went early as I wouldn't let her mow the grass until it dries out some) and says, do I need a mojo woody or teal decoy on clearance? She had shopped for her clothes and then always heads through the other side to see if anything is on sale and checks with me on things she knows I buy( been guilty of finding pintail dekes on sale once in January and buying every box they had, so many we had to take em out of the boxes and just stuff the dekes in one by one into the explorer back seat and cargo area and barely got em in...)

I often do the same, find something that I know she uses, and give her a call.

Some might think it even better to buy it and surprise me, but we are WAY beyond that, knowing its best to call and ask, to make sure its something we want/need.

Many years ago when they were going to ban 50 bmg... we looked at one at Camp PErry, and I said nothing, just looked, and she says, maybe we should buy one before they ban em...

I think she knows I feel the same since I choked back everythign I had at one time, and bought an expensive damn cowgirls winter jacket for her. I can't stand sports much and I HATE the cowboys with a passion on top of it... but thats what she loved at the time. Funny her watching football and me not wanting anything to do with time wasted on that crap.

Thats why you are picky, find one thats like your best friend and hang on for life.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed, Jeff.

I'm glad you both have that.

Many don't, and are missing out.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Still floating?

I shredded a parking area this morning for the neighbors big bull bash next Sunday. Problem is we still have standing water too... and will have to have gravel just to get into the area I shredded.

If it stays dry all week, we'll have a shot at it. If not, I have no clue what he is going to do... its a big thing here annually and a great fundraiser for Ronald McDonald house.... would be a shame to not have it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It appears some que ers do just that.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I spent a long time looking for the right one. Cant imagine my life now without her. She will see me looking at a gun, and tell me to buy it since they may be harder to buy in the future. If she sees me ordering reloading stuff online, she tells me to buy more than I think I need, since it wont go bad and I will use it anyways.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tis indeed a wonderful thing

and blessed are those of us that find ourselves in a like situation

congrats Jeff! I'd renew her contract for another year amigo (grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eyeball

Thats a [bleep] up post.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I knew I had the right one 37 years ago when instead of a ring, she gave me a GRRW Henry Leman Trade Rifle! Still have it! Naturally!

This past Winter she gave me her 1895 Winchester in .30 US Army!!!

Even tho she stumbles a bit these days, I think she's still a keeper!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Jeff and all

I hear what you're saying and even though we've had some rough patches, it was her while we were sitting at the NRA banquet that said, " you should bid on that African Safari"!

Of course that's an extreme example; like you, there are those little, daily things that let new know I'm a lucky guy!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Still floating?

I shredded a parking area this morning for the neighbors big bull bash next Sunday. Problem is we still have standing water too... and will have to have gravel just to get into the area I shredded.

If it stays dry all week, we'll have a shot at it. If not, I have no clue what he is going to do... its a big thing here annually and a great fundraiser for Ronald McDonald house.... would be a shame to not have it.

Still pretty wet. I won't try any shredding for a week or more.. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I think she's still a keeper!!!!

That she is! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Thats why you are picky, find one thats like your best friend and hang on for life.

That is exactly the plan smile

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Thats a [bleep] up post.

Sorry Jeff, but i know guys who have done that several times. Its a little more difficult than that. As has been said, Satan was once an Angel.

I have known of guys who were considered good catches who women treated like kings until they got their kids and things.

By Gods grace i have arrow heart shot a running bull elk and running bear in timber, but i recognize it as Providence and not something i can tell others is simple to do.

I know guys who years ago lost their kids to philandering women addicted to cocaine, etc.

Im not saying every guy was perfect or didnt make mistakes, but they loved and cherisished their wife and kids and provided for them. Of course, i have known of philandering worthless men too.

Far too many people will not forgive and cherish their spouse for previous mistakes or errors or aggrivations whether they be real or imagined.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Jeff and all

I hear what you're saying and even though we've had some rough patches, it was her while we were sitting at the NRA banquet that said, " you should bid on that African Safari"!

Of course that's an extreme example; like you, there are those little, daily things that let new know I'm a lucky guy!

Just trying to get rid of you for a spell no matter the costs.....grins.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
OT, but what does this mean? confused
I shredded a parking area...

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

That is exactly the plan smile

Yep and don't forget to give her those periodic "service awards".

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish my wife would love NFL football. I'd even let her be a Cowboys fan

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Jeff and all

Just trying to get rid of you for a spell no matter the costs.....grins.

Which was completely OK with me. Everything was still standing when I got back 12 days later!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
I wish my wife would love NFL football. I'd even let her be a Cowboys fan

Doesn't help me any sicne I hate it.. LOL

I accept the tennis channel. Thats about all I can manage.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R

Thats a [bleep] up post.

Sorry Jeff, but i know guys who have done that several times. Its a little more difficult than that. As has been said, Satan was once an Angel.

I have known of guys who were considered good catches who women treated like kings until they got their kids and things.

By Gods grace i have arrow heart shot a running bull elk and running bear in timber, but i recognize it as Providence and not something i can tell others is simple to do.

I know guys who years ago lost their kids to philandering women addicted to cocaine, etc.

Im not saying every guy was perfect or didnt make mistakes, but they loved and cherisished their wife and kids and provided for them. Of course, i have known of philandering worthless men too.

Far too many people will not forgive and cherish their spouse for previous mistakes or errors or aggrivations whether they be real or imagined.

I know these things happen.

But in almost every case I've seen, the choices were not nearly as well thought out as they should have been, the folks were not Christian, and the values they held were not quite what I would expect.

But yes it happens. My father made a stupid mistake, but he said it was... let his little head do all the thinking and it was dumb.

Maybe its one reason I took longer to ride it through ups and downs and see how each of us would handle it.

Probably should have known, early in our relationship when we'd bought GOOD tickets to the at the time newer group Alabama concert. Really good ones. couples friends were going etc.... and then I was offered a bowhunt... I don't think I was out of high school yet, fairly sure I wasn't....

She said, no problem, we'll do it some other time, and she took one of her sisters in my place IIRC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,955
Posts18,480,430
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.