Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I enjoyed the report 7mm, and quite frankly I'm a little more perplexed about Canazes' post than the Meopta's tracking. It's obviously not a setup you're going to be cranking on the turrets hundreds of times per weekend.....more of a set it and forget it deal. Meopta makes a great product, and I'd use that scope anywhere, anytime.

I am not at all surprised by your confusion.

David

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nor am I surprised about your smartazzz reply. I certainly didn't take a shot at you personally. Have at it though David....I've got my azzz than you've got teeth! smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Nor am I surprised about your smartazzz reply. I certainly didn't take a shot at you personally. Have at it though David....I've got my azzz than you've got teeth! smile

JG

You have a history of jumping in on these posts. You seem to believe that anyone that's a turrett twister is asking too much of a hunting scope (in general) and that all such scopes will provide pretty decent service if not screwed with too much...

They won't.

When the ability to track is done, the ability to hold zero is done. The scope was delivered w/o the ability to track therefore it won't hold zero.

It's a POS.

Whether that's indicative of the entire product line or just his one example I don't know. A scope that won't track or hold zero is a piece of [bleep] - there's no such thing as a good deal on a piece of [bleep].

David

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
10 shots, .850, and we have a POS ? Your analogy of what I believe is a poor attempt at comedy. Good try though.

Apologies to the OP. My intent was, and is not to piss all over your thread like David is attempting to do.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
JG,

Rivers of urine are running from between your legs - don't start your [bleep] with me.

David

IC B2

7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I think you are placing way to much faith in my shooting and my gun. After fifteen rounds and a hot barrel a return to zero within 3/4" aint to bad. I am no benchrest shooter and this is not a benchrest gun. I am more than willing to accept that I could easily be off a half inch Sometimes I can put them all into the same hole most times I cant. Like I said earlier after the barrel cooled Point of Impact returned to zero. I made no more adjustments after shooting the test until I shot the ten shot group. I am not making excuses for the scope but I feel it deserves another test. I will repeat the test when I get a calm day and the time. Just want to give it a fair shake.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
JG thanks for the Kudo's.

Canazes9 does raise a good point on the tracking but like I said my shooting I am sure played a part in some of the final measurements being off. Scope held zero fine so far. Perhaps I should of waited longer between shots but I wanted to test it under conditions that I will shoot it under and I aint scared to shoot long strings.

All is good with me fellows Thanks for reading my Review.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Nice write up, 7.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
I think you are placing way to much faith in my shooting and my gun. After fifteen rounds and a hot barrel a return to zero within 3/4" aint to bad. I am no benchrest shooter and this is not a benchrest gun. I am more than willing to accept that I could easily be off a half inch Sometimes I can put them all into the same hole most times I cant. Like I said earlier after the barrel cooled Point of Impact returned to zero. I made no more adjustments after shooting the test until I shot the ten shot group. I am not making excuses for the scope but I feel it deserves another test. I will repeat the test when I get a calm day and the time. Just want to give it a fair shake.

I, for one, am extremely impressed with your honesty and I'm sure camera land is as well. I've been wondering about these scopes and would probably buy one based on your review. Thanks again 7!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Considering a 10-Shot group of .850 for the gun/scope/ammo/shooter and the fact, that each track-test-station was "just" one shot, I find critisism, let alone rudeness uncalled for.

As 7 said - 15 shot RTZ within 3/4", of which much could also be shot-to-shot variation.

Maybe C9 wants to do a test with 10 shots per track-test-station on his dime and time.

I find this not needed, as your approach already shows the scopes merit.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good write-up. My only question, is how good is the warranty service for Meopta? I have heard bad things about Zeiss, Nikon and sometimes Burris(although Burris was good to me). I will not buy a scope from a company that will not do a good job of backing it.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have only sent one in for repair and it was replaced with a significantly better scope no questions asked since the original was discontinued.

They have been building OEM stuff for the High end market for a long long time.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Great write up!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Thank you for your excellent review 7mm Mato. I am sure the guys at Cameraland appreciate the thank you and scope review.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good review!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

191 members (673, 375TN, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 280shooter, 338Rules, 30incher, 29 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,324
Posts18,505,860
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.