Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Around here, a dog only bites once. Never again. Never mind the breed. No exceptions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I think if my dog bit someone without provocation I would have him put down too.

The dog was evidently kept as a guard dog, so was just doing its job..

I tend to agree with Bristo on this one in that the
owners are the real dump asses here, with the dog having to pay the price for that stupidity....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Dogs have good sense ...............who to bite.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He's bit people before. I have no doubt. End of story.

I have a dog, but not that kind.

Had a big dog attack me once in my teens coming back from an afternoon hunt. Stupid neighbor kept him tethered on a sliding rope to a clothesline all day long outside. Had to shoot him. No choice. .22LR in the neck. Wasn't the first time he'd got off and attacked somebody.

Been dog bit before by dogs from property I had not traversed. Had a white Shepherd put his canines clean through one ass cheek once. Four holes, blood from flowing from all of them. Momma of the house snatched him up and paid for all medical.

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/25/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm been bit too. Hell,...who hasn't been dog bit?

Lots of people haven't been dog bit.

The vast majority of Americans haven't been dog bit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Around here, a dog only bites once. Never again. Never mind the breed. No exceptions.

Based on internet posts I think I'm one of the few people in the world that likes killing dogs.

Kinda surprising in my opinion.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like every older American male that was once a paperboy, I got bit a few times, but never got hurt bad enough by a dog to have to go to the doc's. It was always the smaller dogs that bit me, like one Pomeranian that would hide in the bushes and nail me from behind on the Achilles's tendon and break the skin. Quite painful.

Finally one day I caught him running across the open yard to get to his ambush spot. I flung the heavy Wednesday paper full of grocery store ads his direction and my lead was spot on. That newspaper weighed more than he did, and knocked him sideways tumbling a couple of yards. After that he never got within 20 feet of me and barely even barked at me.

The worst bite I got was from a Cocker Spaniel that had never been aggressive towards me, but was standing next to the owner this particular day and nailed me as I handed the man his paper.

The bite broke the skin and ripped the bottom of my pant-leg half off. The owner and I were both rather stunned. I was halfway down the block continuing my route before I realized that the owner hadn't really even apologized, and he also didn't offer to buy me a new pair of pants, then, or later when I came to collect for the monthly subscription.

My parents weren't too pleased, mostly about the ruined pants, but they were so used to me or one of my three brothers coming through the door nearly every day banged up and bruised from some mishap that nothing was said or done about it. We were always current on our Tetanus shots, anyway, from frequent trips to the doc for stitches or other injuries, so it was just another day in the life of adventurous boys.

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 05/25/15.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I had a paper route, and I taught a few dogs to leave me alone.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 700LH
Huskies, malamutes and the like are bad at being unprovoked biters.

Yep. Don't like 'em, don't trust 'em. Unless you've got sleds that need pulling, they're pretty much useless over-haired biting mutts.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by 700LH
Huskies, malamutes and the like are bad at being unprovoked biters.

Yep. Don't like 'em, don't trust 'em. Unless you've got sleds that need pulling, they're pretty much useless over-haired biting mutts.

You left out neurotic, Doc. Too many bred for their looks, not brains or temperament.

Much like Border Collies, they are high-energy dogs who need a focused job or they lose what little brain they have.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, and they can tote a lot of fleas.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
didn't read all the responses so sorry if already mentioned. But i find almost any dog gets more protective when fenced in or on a leash of some sort. at least that's been my experience. when a dog finds its self restrained, they tend to get more protective. no excuse for what happened, and yea it sucks for both you and that dog. i too glad to hear the guy was a stand up owner and not try to make excuses. he really screwed up.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

You left out neurotic, Doc. Too many bred for their looks, not brains or temperament.

Ed

I stand corrected. Sorta reminds me of my ex-sister-in-law, who was apparently bred (and then surgically enhanced) for looks, and had schidt for brains/temperament... and curiously, kept Akita's.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rattler
sucks but least the owner didnt make excuses for the dog.....

This

My brother owned a beautiful husky, it killed every cat that came in the yard . He was also prone to jumping a 6 foot wooden fence every opportunity. It came to the point where my brother had to walk him in the backyard on a leash. When he escaped he killed every cat he could find. They can be peculiar at times, my cousins husky could not be approached by anyone except immediate family unless you wanted to be bitten.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 05/26/15.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,332
Posts18,487,602
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.