Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SBH
***You are ignoring this user***

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Interesting thread for sure. I have a lot of people on ignore, just to remind me they are dickheads. I toggle most. There is only one on this thread and that is unusual.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
***You are ignoring this user***

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
come out smelling like chit.

All these resurrection threads merely for the purpose of demeaning another person, regardless of the character of the person demeaned, do more to harm your own reputation than harm the person you were targeting. His reputation is already crystal clear (or should I say pure chit).

I've been disappointed in some people on here.

It's one thing to respond and another to instigate with ill intent.

I honestly don't know why RickBin allows this site to get so polluted. He should ban anyone that develops a reputation for conning other 'fire members and keep a better house.

Rant over. If nothing else, I guess at least there is an ignore button. I've never used it, but I guess the time has come. It's gotten too ugly.

Erik

You are hamstrung by the unfortunate curse (here) of being a gentleman. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Interesting thread for sure. I have a lot of people on ignore, just to remind me they are dickheads. I toggle most. There is only one on this thread and that is unusual.
You're short and you dress funny!

Is there two on this thread on ignore now?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great, number one wingman target showed up.

player to wingman,

"Take the fat unibrow, she gets worked up with any attention, and pushes back real hard!"

As to the thread title, if you don't want to swim in the pool, why dip your toe in the water?

Sean
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dunno what this thread is about. You're all on ignore.

Just thought I'd rub it in.

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's like Lord of the Flies around here! grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'm not sure how long I've been lurking here, sometimes I comment but most times I don't.
I have found the campfire to be informative and on a bad day at least entertaining.
Today I need to comment.
I have made the acquaintance of several people here, some I have remained in contact with for several years and never have met them. Following their stories and looking forward to their comments.
(Will always remember Mickey Coleman when I see the first "hummer" of the season)
Funny how you get to feel you know somebody that you never met and maybe never even communicated with.
That I believe is the spirit of the "campfire". The good and the bad.
In all the time I have been viewing here I have never once felt the "Ouija Board" spirit move the mouse in my hand like the planchette on the board game and make me click on a link I didn't want to.
I've regretted clicking on a few, but clicked out and moved on.
Banning everyone that doesn't please us would be interjecting the same amount of PC-BS that has shredded part of the fabric of this country.
As an old fart I truly appreciate the lack of a PC environment and it reminds me there is still hope when it otherwise seems lost.
Some people tried to fix a country that wasn't broke and the chaos you see today is the result.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Let's propose a new subforum for those that are delicate, sensitive, require special consideration, fragile, easily damaged, frail, feeble, timid, emasculated, and dainty. In this subforum no harsh truth can ever be posted.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The wait it out method sure didn't work with Big Stick. All the hero worshipers ,few that there were, would always stick up for him and expound on his greatness and the rest of us had to put up with his blather. The longer he was around,the worse he got.He always acted like one of those school yard bullies, that went home and cried themselves to sleep at night.

It has been mostly pleasantly quite since he got booted.

As for this other nonsense, the guys that initiate those type of threads are just as bad as the person they post about. Immature buffons for sure.

Yep. I don't miss him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by uncle joe
In all the time I have been viewing here I have never once felt the "Ouija Board" spirit move the mouse in my hand like the planchette on the board game and make me click on a link I didn't want to.

That kind of sums it all up. Good post.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Headed to the Korea Memorial this afternoon. My wife has an uncle who has never been found. He was at Chosen two days after his enlistment was up.

Scott,

It rained hard all day long in northern MN yesterday. The burial for my MIL is today so I will pay my respects to my parents as well as my FIL who was a Ranger in Korea. I think that will check the cemetery box for me.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Seems to me many are not far removed from those in Rome who got their jollies and feelings of superiority from watching dogs and lions kill and eat those less fortunate, or from wild dog packs which devour the crippled.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Internet message boards are a good place for mass psychology study. They are like a high school or a chicken house. I've seen gangs of baby chickens chasing down the one chicken with something wrong with it pecking it to death. Likewise, kids ganging up on other kids is something we've all seen.

This place is no different. The usual suspects are out in force to gang up on someone, and then like bullies everywhere, get all huffy when someone gives it back to them in a double dose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Internet message boards are a good place for mass psychology study. They are like a high school or a chicken house. I've seen gangs of baby chickens chasing down the one chicken with something wrong with it pecking it to death. Likewise, kids ganging up on other kids is something we've all seen.

This place is no different. The usual suspects are out in force to gang up on someone, and then like bullies everywhere, get all huffy when someone gives it back to them in a double dose.

Try it with Steelhead if you want a predictable response for a case study.

LOL
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

324 members (160user, 22kHornet, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 257robertsimp, 06hunter59, 34 invisible), 1,360 guests, and 1,016 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,187
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.