24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Thread Like Summary
efw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by efw
efw
On my lunch today I went to a spot maybe 10 min from my office that’s pretty special to me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is where I took my late dad for Father’s Day when he was just getting real sick and we went in a buddy’s canoe and dad got all tippy for a second in the front of the boat. When we stabilized the boat his rod was still bouncing cuz his lure had been dangling in the water and he caught a nice bass.

It’s also where he took me when I was a little kid… he caught a HUGE northern pike I kept asking him to let me fight and he was just like “sorry son this one’s MINE…” That’s one of my earlier memories of him; we were standing on the downstream side of the bridge on the other side of the river when he brought that toothy monster out of the water.

I was runnin a big red & white 3/8 oz Cleo hoping for a northern like the one dad caught; he always chucked a gold #3 Mepps.

There were a couple HVAC guys in the parking lot eating lunch in their van watching the banker in his banker clothes climb the rocks to get JUST the right cast... as his rod bent DEEP… wink I was on the rocks as close to under the bridge as I could get casting downstream retrieving through the slack water up against the bridge.

We’ve had a lot of rain so water is high making fishing easier; they were all in those slack water areas seeking shelter from the strong current.

Great times; amazing memories!
Liked Replies
by chlinstructor
chlinstructor
I’d love to have just one more fishing trip with my GrandDad.
1 member likes this
AX24

557 members (1234, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,405
Posts18,488,944
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.