24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Thread Like Summary
257 roberts
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Birdwatcher
Birdwatcher
They discontinued them for two or three years, brung ‘em back in ‘23, dealers couldn’t keep them on the shelf. Everybody who wanted one bought one. Dealers ordered more for this year but sales went flat, they’re willing to make a deal.

I looked hard to fulfill my religious obligation to own a Harley at least once in my life, looked hard but couldn’t warm up to any. All that extra weight and steel to no particular purpose. Plus I would never own a bike I couldn’t pick back up/push out of a ditch by myself.

THE most fun bike I owned back in my motorcycle period was 55,000 miles on a ‘92 KLR650: good for crossing the country on the Superslab, blitzing down dirt roads and dogging semi-skilled Ninja pilots on backroads.

Just paid cash for a 2024 to be shipped in 😎

Mid-life crisis all all that…
Liked Replies
by Birdwatcher
Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by viking
The KLR has a good sized fuel tank though.

Yep, I put in 200 miles today, prob’ly another 70 miles range left in the tank.

170 miles round trip yesterday to meet up with some old riding buds at Black’s Barbecue joint in Lockhart.

[Linked Image from ]

200.7 miles today, beginning with the traditional Sunday morning ride to Bandera. Bandera is getting buried in people but the OST restaurant is still a good place for a Western omelette, grits, biscuit and coffee..

[Linked Image from ]

Anyone who gets out of town on a motorcycle around here knows about the Bandera - Medina - Vanderpool - Leaky Hill Country route, The tight Vanderpool - Leaky section being the equal of any motorcycle road in the US. I stopped in at the Leaky Cemetery, where the victims of the last know Indian raid in Texas are buried.

[Linked Image from ]

Heading back south of Vanderpool I was doing about 60 on a two-lane backroad when Pancho the bandit boy on a sportbike blitzed by me in a blur from behind about 6ft to my right doing well in excess of 100mph. Glad I didn’t see him coming, if I woulda moved right he coulda hit me and we both would have died.

Turns out he had been running for 60 - 70 miles by that point, handed off between counties. Two deputies sped past shortly thereafter in hot pursuit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyhoo…. almost only counts in horseshoes. Back at the house now 589 miles on the clock, where it’s gonna sit until I get time to bring it in for the 600 mile service 🙂
1 member likes this
AX24

537 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,759
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.