Home
Posted By: j2dogs It kills me. - 01/12/22
Why people feel the need to explain why they have an exorbitant price on what they are selling. " Can't find this anywhere" whatever
Posted By: Dinny Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
It's their conscious talking...
Posted By: Legionnaire Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
It's palliative. Makes them feel better even though they know they are asking too much.
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Its almost as entertaining as the Campfire Classified Cowboys who will tell you that what you have is not real, is not worth what you are asking, has been refinished, etc, but that they will be glad to take it off your hands for a fraction of the price. They remind me of with pawn shop operators.
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
If there is a classified add without pictures (new normal) I don't even read it. I don't care WHAT the price is.
Posted By: j2dogs Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
I've heard that end of it too Mackay . Hilarious 😂
Posted By: Greyghost Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Have never felt the need to explain putting a price on anything. If there is no supply or prices are continually rising, I base it on current prices or what it might cost me later to replace it should the need arises. Otherwise, it goes on the shelve. No one forces a person to buy anything except themselves and their perceived needs!

Phil
Posted By: 5960 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
" RARE "
Posted By: ringworm Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Do you also ride around town telling people that their houses are overpriced?
Do you go to the gas stations as well?
How about just ignore stuff that bothers you?
Posted By: RJL53 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
If there is a classified add without pictures (new normal) I don't even read it. I don't care WHAT the price is.

I'm with you on this. If the lazy asses cannot be bothered to post pics. I can't be bothered to open my wallet. Another one that gets me is when someone puts in: "The reason I'm selling", I don't care why a person is selling something and don't need to hear their reason.
Posted By: Mesa Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
"Bore could use a good cleaning" Do I need to translate that for anyone?
Posted By: 5960 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
great one Mike !
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
It’s called marketing.
Posted By: EdM Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
More whiners than ever here...
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by EdM
More whiners than ever here...

Exactly. If you don’t like how someone (who is a private seller) writes their ads, scroll on by.
Posted By: centershot Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Maybe because everyone treats it like a yard sale where the price is just a suggestion and offers start at 50% of the asking price.
Posted By: Dinny Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
It's a sign of the times. I just hope people realize what goes around comes around. Gotta live life right or you'll never catch a break.
Posted By: yogibear Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22

Well I’m a old timer and don’t know how to post pictures, but I have been a member for quite a while. I fineally got my daughter to post some for my last adds.

What scares me is someone that’s been a member for 1 or 2 months with 1 or 2 posts.

I believe that pricing is up to the owner, the market will adjust itself without some of you guys trying to ruin a members add. If the price is too high the post will not get much interest.
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
I enjoy the phrase “pm me an email address and I’ll send pics.” Two “read” pm’s into the OP on that thread and 3 days later and still no reply and no pics.

I’m not sure people really want to sell things sometimes. 🤔
Posted By: SupFoo Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by EdM
More whiners commies than ever here...

Fixed it for you.

But ya, since the Stim Money was spent, lots of viewers looking for entertainment, few real buyers (old normal).
Originally Posted by centershot
Maybe because everyone treats it like a yard sale where the price is just a suggestion and offers start at 50% of the asking price.

^^^ check ^^^
Posted By: HarleyHutch Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Self Marketing

^^^ check ^^^

I might add, quite a few fail to disclose their location in their profile. What's up with that?

What are they afraid of? Or hiding......

Trust me, this place is crawling with three letter agency types and they do have your IP address so know who you are.
Posted By: Hesp Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
I don't see prices coming down. You can wait & hope they do , but the price surge is on. In the months to come expect higher prices. Buy now or pay more later. The cost of raw materials & fuel have increased dramatically. . That directly affects the cost of everything else. Would you sell a rifle you paid $350 for a few years back for the same price today? I have bullets I bought 10 yrs ago, Would you sell them today for the same price, or at today's replacement cost ? It's not just guns & reloading, it's everything.
Originally Posted by Hesp
The cost of raw materials & fuel have increased dramatically. . That directly affects the cost of everything else.

All true. But what is not talked about is China Joe has trashed the dollar (exchange rate), therefore imports are more expensive - think powder and (good) brass.

Probably takes three months for a boat to get here and hit the shelves. Foreign manufacturers aren't stupid, they have to price-in expected decline of the dollar, as well as supply/demand imbalance.

So ya, prices will continue to go up. All part of "The Plan" to wreck America.

Prices will NEVER go down. Unless Trump gets back in, then you will see the air let out of this market over night in stunning fashion.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Has a little mar on the stock but could be buffed out, like why haven't you buffed it out then.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
I like to see:
"Here it is, take it or leave it."
No offers, no trades, you pay shipping.
Posted By: j2dogs Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Don't get wrong good bunch of people here. Have gotten some much needed things, for that i am grateful, for the things and the people who sold them to me.Just seems that some like to take advantage of the current times and yes I normally just scroll on by. Just felt like mentioning it.
Posted By: kragman1 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
You forgot the old "scope in perfect condition" but seller refuses to pull the rings and send a pic gag.....
Posted By: mwarren Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I like to see:
"Here it is, take it or leave it."
No offers, no trades, you pay shipping.

I like this with one edit being to remove the "take it or leave it"...list it, put a price, give some details. I have no problem if someone wants to offer less, that's just business, you don't have to accept and the market will determine what people will pay anyway.
Posted By: rmb721 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22

If I post something for sale, I don't post a picture because I don't know how. If I get someone to take pics for me, I can then e-mail them.
Posted By: hookeye Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Some crap aint worth putting a pic up............once fired brass for example.
Posted By: donsm70 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by rmb721

If I post something for sale, I don't post a picture because I don't know how. If I get someone to take pics for me, I can then e-mail them.

Me too! A lot of people say it's easy, but only if you know how to do it. I had Photobucket down pat, but that went down the drain.
donsm70
Originally Posted by hookeye
Some crap aint worth putting a pic up............once fired brass for example.

A pic provides at least some evidence one actually has the stuff and it isn't a hoax sale.
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
But... but... but.... it's ultra, ultra rare!

Pictures couldn't be easier with imgur, even I was able to figure it out! As easy as photobucket was.
Posted By: DesertMuleDeer Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Originally Posted by RJL53

I'm with you on this. If the lazy asses cannot be bothered to post pics. I can't be bothered to open my wallet. Another one that gets me is when someone puts in: "The reason I'm selling", I don't care why a person is selling something and don't need to hear their reason.

I've found posting a reason helpful. Such as: "funding a build" or "making room in the safe." Otherwise seven people ask why you're selling via PM.
Posted By: TnBigBore Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Fairly priced quality items will always generate interest pictures or not. Plenty of people I buy items from sight unseen because I have dealt with them before and trust them. If you have less than 50 posts and all those in the classifieds section then I will be a little more wary.
Posted By: clwg97 Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
I buy items on here a lot, but it kills me how many people get fired up when someone doesn’t follow the “rules”. When someone has sent a PM and someone else posts “I’ll take it”. Then the seller sells it to the person who pm’ed first.
Posted By: coobie Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Rodney482 fits the crying vagina type.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
There are a lot of good points herein. As to the OP's point, I too find that odd. My position is that the seller can put whatever price he wants and bump it to the top two dozen times if he wants.

As to DMD's point about a "reason" for selling, yes it can forestall inquiries as to why. However, the only relevant answer to such a question would be that "it doesn't work" or "it's a piece of crap". My only reasons for selling are usually "I don't want it" or, the closely related, "I don't use it".

To me, if you want, as a term of your sale, for someone to post an "I'll take it" within your thread, that's fine. The seller sets his own price and his own rules. My position is the first person to let me know they will take it, gets it. I don't care if it is an "I'll take it" within the thread, via pm, via e-mail or smoke signal. I've usually, but not always, got things listed on multiple forums.

More tongue in cheek here; but, I love the claims of "honest ware" (not lying about it?), safe marks (careless and bang against other rifles/handguns in the safe?) and my all time favorite "have shot "x" number of critters with this" as though that means the purchaser will have the same results with said magical rifle.

Be honest, be truthful, be helpful and be prompt or let the other party know why you can't be.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
Thought on pricing is relative. High to you might be within someone else's budget for a given item. Never figured that was any of my business... bid or move on?
Posted By: KSMITH Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
I quit selling guns years ago. I have gotten to the point where I only buy new guns and stopped with the used stuff. It amazes me how someone can sell a 10 year old gun for more than I can buy new."Trigger work " scares me. Not everyone should be dicking around with triggers. Hell, half the members on here still eat crayons.
Posted By: jnyork Re: It kills me. - 01/12/22
"Shipping will be computed once the transaction is complete"

"RARE"
Posted By: Red_spruce Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Hell, half the members on here still eat crayons.

I resemble that remark! Although I’m a purist. Only prewar crayola’s. If I can ever find a blue with an intact wrapper I’ll have all the colors.
Posted By: nimrodtracy Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
"Is the guys that always post "Nice snag! "and "I can't believe it's still here?"
Posted By: dirtyharry Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
I quit selling guns years ago. I have gotten to the point where I only buy new guns and stopped with the used stuff. It amazes me how someone can sell a 10 year old gun for more than I can buy new."Trigger work " scares me. Not everyone should be dicking around with triggers. Hell, half the members on here still eat crayons.

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF !

Dirty Harry
Posted By: dirtyharry Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by Hesp
I don't see prices coming down. You can wait & hope they do , but the price surge is on. In the months to come expect higher prices. Buy now or pay more later. The cost of raw materials & fuel have increased dramatically. . That directly affects the cost of everything else. Would you sell a rifle you paid $350 for a few years back for the same price today? I have bullets I bought 10 yrs ago, Would you sell them today for the same price, or at today's replacement cost ? It's not just guns & reloading, it's everything.

YOU Just Spoke the Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth !

Dirty Harry
Posted By: Dinny Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by dirtyharry

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF !

Dirty Harry

I'm fairly certain the pronoun "I" pretty much tells us he's speaking for himself.

Sincerely,

Not a crayon eater
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
I buy based on the original purchase prices not on todays inflated price gouging. If they wanna sale it put a reasonable price on it, I’ve bought some nice items on here at good prices, but prices today are way outta range on most items although there are still some good folks here to buy from. I’m not referring to anything collectible simply consumables.
Posted By: Boonechaser Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Bunch of broke liberal whiny asses on here! Keep waiting for what you guys call reasonable and you’ll eventually run out of stock. Even retail prices have went up drastically, they will not come back down…
Posted By: Kenwin Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
WTB ad replies:

“Good luck finding one. I have one and I’ll never sell it........”. Thanks for sharing that you have one and it’s not for sale.
Posted By: limpy Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
if you don't like the price don't buy it. don't you think the blue crayola tastes like bluberries!
Posted By: Fawnbleat Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Why would you sell hard to find items for less than the cost to replace them
regardless of what they cost a few years back?
Posted By: deerstalker Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by dirtyharry

SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF !

Dirty Harry

I'm fairly certain the pronoun "I" pretty much tells us he's speaking for himself.

Sincerely,

Not a crayon eater

English Teachers! grin
Posted By: COLORADO_LUCKYDOG Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by RJL53

That's awesome. The more of you guys that have that attitude, the more deals left for me.
Posted By: dustyq123 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
No I won't say it.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Only slightly annoying, and not enough to start a thread about it, is when folks have to chime in just to let everyone know that they have one of what is being sold too.
Posted By: cotis Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by SupFoo

^^^ check ^^^

I might add, quite a few fail to disclose their location in their profile. What's up with that?

The no photo thing is a deal killer. Not posting a location is just [bleep] annoying. I started a post on this years ago that turned into 6 pages of back-and-forth with good ole' Steelhead leading the bitching. Hell, that guy was even at my house once picking something up for a fellow member! I don't want your [bleep] address, I don't care what house you live in, just the state and ideally the town because that factors HEAVILY into my decision to buy something sometimes. I HATE messing with shipping (either as a the seller or buyer) but if it is within 5 hours of me I enjoy a good road trip every now and again so it makes a BIG difference.

And for people that are "photo challenged", just send me a PM, get me the photos and I will post the pictures for you! I have done it many times for people here, and most of the time it leads to the seller actually selling the item. I even occasionally get thanked, go figure.
Posted By: marksman1941 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
I buy based on the original purchase prices not on todays inflated price gouging. If they wanna sale it put a reasonable price on it, I’ve bought some nice items on here at good prices, but prices today are way outta range on most items although there are still some good folks here to buy from. I’m not referring to anything collectible simply consumables.

You lowball the [bleep] out of most postings dude. Bidding the 1980's price on things isn't "reasonable". Markets fluctuate, and todays inflated prices are going to more or less become the new norm. That's how it's always worked, with some exceptions (like obama era ar15's)
Originally Posted by Fawnbleat

What exactly do you lose by selling something for the same price you paid?

I hold those who sell reasonably in higher regard than those who attempt to make a killing by taking advantage of the current political situation.

Look at the likes of Mule Deer and Charlie Sisk. Everything they've listed have always been priced below what they could get if they were less respectable men.

Anyone want to buy some land? I'm selling some for the 2008 fair market value. Be still my precious heart..some here would seize at the thought of selling for that price.

Thanks, Dinny
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22

I hold those who sell reasonably in higher regard than those who attempt to make a killing by taking advantage of the current political situation.

Look at the likes of Mule Deer and Charlie Sisk. Everything they've listed have always been priced below what they could get if they were less respectable men.

Anyone want to buy some land? I'm selling some for the 2008 fair market value. Be still my precious heart..some here would seize at the thought of selling for that price.

Thanks, Dinny

Why can't something be priced "reasonably" but still better than break even for the seller? Much as the OP wants to whine about it, basic supply and demand changes mean things *do* become scarcer or even rare as time passes. If the price is ridiculously high, it won't sell. (Here, anyway. GB is it's own story.) That's called the free market...
Reasonable is determined by the buyer and certainly varies as much as our opinions. One thing is certain...judgement. My ignore list grows daily based on my opinion of seller's greed. If others do the same then the pool gets smaller. That's called freedom.
Posted By: basdjs Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
I don’t care what the asking price for a gun on here is! But the entertainment value of threads like this…Priceless! 😂
Posted By: 257heaven Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
There is no way in Hell I'd sell a Barrett Fieldcraft for the pre-out of production price I paid. If anybody wants to sell some for $1150, PM me. I'll buy them all day every day.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by 257heaven
There is no way in Hell I'd sell a Barrett Fieldcraft for the pre-out of production price I paid. If anybody wants to sell some for $1150, PM me. I'll buy them all day every day.

lol

+1
Posted By: remingtonclassic Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Sounds like a bunch of elementary school girls,
Get your big boy pants on,Like it or lump it,If you don't like the circle then step out,
Sounds more like hurt feelings
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by marksman1941

You lowball the [bleep] out of most postings dude. Bidding the 1980's price on things isn't "reasonable". Markets fluctuate, and todays inflated prices are going to more or less become the new norm. That's how it's always worked, with some exceptions (like obama era ar15's)

Speak for yourself dumbass, I bid accordingly based on recent prices in the last 5 years , I ain’t buying [bleep] that’s used for 10x more than it’s worth especially reloading components and used scopes.
Posted By: marksman1941 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by marksman1941

Speak for yourself dumbass, I bid accordingly based on recent prices in the last 5 years , I ain’t buying [bleep] that’s used for 10x more than it’s worth especially reloading components and used scopes.

Lol alright bud. Whatever makes you sleep best at night.
Posted By: d500lnn Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Man there are some polar opposite personalities on here…yet we’re all looking for guns, scopes, sticks, etc….incredible
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
I have bought, sold, and traded a few things here. Am I missing something in writing in the classified protocols or policies that says a posted "I'll take it" trumps a pm received earlier. I see that often quoted here as a rule when a pm to the seller gets the item because the pm was sent before the posted "I'll take it" Just curious.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
I have a 100 watt bulb that I have been using for a couple of years. I think that I will sell it. I guess that I should sell it for what it will cost me to replace it, right?
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I have a 100 watt bulb that I have been using for a couple of years. I think that I will sell it. I guess that I should sell it for what it will cost me to replace it, right?

You can list it for whatever you want!
Posted By: Sheister Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Sounds like a bunch of whiners complaining about responses to their overpriced wares.... the biggest thing wrong with the sellers on here is they don't know how to negotiate. If you don't like a price offered, how about responding with a price you would live with or a simple "no thanks".... believe it or not, some of us do keep track of what things are going for on lots of other sites, auctions, and other venues and are willing to pay fair prices for items that come up that pique our interest... but not the inflated prices some guys think their stuff is worth based on other inflated prices they have seen on this site....

One of the reasons prices are going up- on top of the prices of fuel, materials, and labor, which doesn't come close to explaining some of the price increases- is the fact that people aren't willing to simply say no. If you keep paying these inflated prices, you can expect them to keep going up- it's called capitalism. If most guys paid what should be fair prices for items, the prices would level out and would stop going through the roof constantly- that is also called capitalism....

Now, on a somewhat related subject- if someone describes something that it definitely is not or was never made regardless of what a second cousin of a good friend of the guy's barber said- you should expect to get called on it.... on this site and any other site I've ever been on. That can be a warning to other would be buyers to do some homework before plunking down money on a unicorn that doesn't exist. As said above, you can choose to ignore the warnings also .....
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
I have bought, sold, and traded a few things here. Am I missing something in writing in the classified protocols or policies that says a posted "I'll take it" trumps a pm received earlier. I see that often quoted here as a rule when a pm to the seller gets the item because the pm was sent before the posted "I'll take it" Just curious.

Sellers make their own rules. One here made a deal with me in the morning then sold to someone else that afternoon.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
My neighbor has a 1971 Boss 351 mustang that he bought new in 71 for a grand total of 3500$.

Should I demand he sell it to me for that because that's what he paid?

When something is no longer avaliable; it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Last week a CZ527 222 sold for 1200$. I paid 500-600$ new many times for them. However they aren't being made anymore and that makes them worth more. Just the way it is. If you're too broke to afford it, or don't wish to pay that. Move along. The irony of talking about "respectable men" while ruining the thread of a fellow shooter....😂 Sad.
Some of you should be ashamed.
Posted By: Daveh Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22

Totally up to the seller. As a seller I don’t care if you PM me. First IWTI whether a PM, call, text, sign in the window, smoke signal or a post in the ad. Actually I think it’s stupid to require a IWTI in the ad only….Just me…..
Originally Posted by Daveh

Totally up to the seller. As a seller I don’t care if you PM me. First IWTI whether a PM, call, text, sign in the window, smoke signal or a post in the ad. Actually I think it’s stupid to require a IWTI in the ad only….Just me…..

+1

Apparently some don't realize that items offered in the Classifieds on the 'fire may also be cross listed on other websites.
Posted By: j2dogs Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by Ky221
My neighbor has a 1971 Boss 351 mustang that he bought new in 71 for a grand total of 3500$.

When something is no longer avaliable; it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Last week a CZ527 222 sold for 1200$. I paid 500-600$ new many times for them. However they aren't being made anymore and that makes them worth more. Just the way it is. If you're too broke to afford it, or don't wish to pay that. Move along. The irony of talking about "respectable men" while ruining the thread of a fellow shooter....😂 Sad.

I would never ruin someone else's thread, or speak ill of a specific item being sold. Was speaking in generalities.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
Originally Posted by j2dogs
Originally Posted by Ky221

I would never ruin someone else's thread, or speak ill of a specific item being sold. Was speaking in generalities.

My comment wasn't directed at you. My apologies if it felt that way.
Posted By: j2dogs Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22
It's all good brother sorry. We KY brothers gotta stick together smile
Posted By: Sharps1874 Re: It kills me. - 01/13/22

Thanks, Dinny

500ct Sierra 69gr SMK # 1380C $178 plus $15 for the ride - 3 boxes available

500ct Sierra 80gr SMK # 9390 $200 plus $15 for the ride - 5 boxes available

PAYPAL ONLY - no checks, farm animals, and especially no children!
Last edited by Dinny; 02/02/21. Reason: price adjustmentsThanks, Dinny

Originally Posted by grovey
Bump, you should of left that extra $50.00 per box price up there for everyone to see.

Like This?
$243.00 per box delivered?

Reasonable is determined by the buyer and certainly varies as much as our opinions. One thing is certain...judgement. My ignore list grows daily based on my opinion of seller's greed. If others do the same then the pool gets smaller. That's called freedom.

Amen Brother......now let's give some chit away...........

Posted By: renegade50 Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
Classified Cowboys that buy here and sell on other sites.

Some azz clown 4 or 5 months ago bought a couple shotguns on here at a good price.

Got hemmed da fugg up on TNdeer by crossover members from here and their.

Dude was telling rubes he was selling them to on tndeer they had to wait 2 weeks, but he wanted payment still.

Waiting on shipment from seller on here....
Basically selling goods he didnt even have.
Drop selling/ shipping is what ya call it IIRC
Many companies do the same.
Not uncommon..
But if that aint classified cowboy schit then I dont know what is.
😡😡😡

That thread blew the fugg up when people from here started busting the classified cowboy,s chops on what he was doing.
And then the tn deer types found it all out also in black and white in their faces..
Priceless....

TFF!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Slight ring marks on scopes...

Fugger looks like a damm drill pipe being spun up in the bucking machine on a offshore oil rig...
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Safe marks on guns....
Magoo going in the gunsafe again...
Fughing playing pick up sticks game...
Aint got enough presence of mind or too fugging lazy and aloof to take the guns out in order to get at one beforehand...

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I buy on here on the classifieds.

But I sell items up on the gen forum rather than down here.
Give the cats I interact with 1st shot at stuff for a decent price.
Not losing money, but not asking obscene top dollar prices either.
And I know they will use and appreciate whatever also.
Things I sell last minutes up their.
And I sure as fugg wouldnt sell something I wouldnt use myself.
Or something in rats azz condition.
Sure as fugg wouldnt sell an item down here for the same price as I do up on the gen forum and let someone resell it for a obscene profit to a rube on another site.

It's all personal preference and capitalism anyways on how people do business and how they feel personally how they conduct their affairs.
Buyers and Sellers alike.

Posted By: kingston Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
Originally Posted by renegade50

Some azz clown 4 or 5 months ago bought a couple shotguns on here at a good price.

Dude was telling rubes he was selling too on tndeer they had to wait 2 weeks, but he wanted payment still.

That thread blew the fugg up when people started busting classified cowboy,s chops on what he was doing.

Rubes.......

Fugger looks like a damm drill pipe being spun up in the bucking machine on a offshore oil rig...
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Safe marks on guns....
Aint got enough presence of mind or too fugging lazy and aloof to take the guns out in order to get at one beforehand...

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

But I have more items up on the gen forum than down here.
And I know they will use and appreciate it also.
Sure as fugg wouldnt sell an item down here for the same price as I do up on the gen forum and let someone resell it for a obscene profit to a rube on another site.

It's all personal preference and capitalism anyways on how people do business and how they feel personally how they conduct their affairs.

I once sold a scope to a guy on here for a good price just so I could get his digits. The some time later I spent two years texting him BBC pics.

Not really, but it could look like that.
Posted By: 2500HD Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
That’s funny
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by renegade50

Dude was telling rubes he was selling too on tndeer they had to wait 2 weeks, but he wanted payment still.

That thread blew the fugg up when people started busting classified cowboy,s chops on what he was doing.

Rubes.......

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Safe marks on guns....

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

But I have more items up on the gen forum than down here.
And I know they will use and appreciate it also.

I once sold a scope to a guy on here for a good price just so I could get his digits. The some time later I spent two years texting him BBC pics.

Not really, but it could look like that.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Mr. With "great trepidation"....

Jurrasic park was the best one. IMO.
3 bean salad fugged me up till I made it out.
I was like Wtf is he sending me a 3 bean salad pic for???

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🥴🥴🤦‍♂️🥴🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

You oughta bring back jurrasic park and 3 bean up on the gen forum.
It will get a buncha new guys for sure.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: 99guy Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
I say anybody can post anything they want and ask whatever they want for it. If I'm not interested in it or don't like the price I keep my mouth shut. Buyer makes the rules and sets the price of his product. Play ball or watch with your mouth shut. I expect the same courtesy when I want to sell something.

My peeve is "Price check". Which in code, means I'm not setting a price or terms. Send me a PM with an offer and maybe I'll accept the highest one I get. Kind of like gunbroker. I'm not interested in biting or negotiating until buyer sets his price and terms.

Either way it don't matter to me. It's a free country, people can say and do whatever they want.
Posted By: COLORADO_LUCKYDOG Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
I've been very lucky on this site and others both buying and selling. I know there are scammers out there but luckily I have not crossed paths with them yet. No matter how someone's ad was written, pictures or no pictures, everyone I have bought from or sold to have been pretty good dudes and I am glad I got to know them even if just a little. A lot more good than bad in the classifieds and not worth crying about the little so called perceived bad. Tomorrow, I'm meeting a guy from Long Range Hunting to pick up a new Springfield 1911. I'll bet anything he's a good dude.
"I have more into it than that"...

Uh huh......
Posted By: Torqued Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
Originally Posted by rmb721

^^^^THIS^^^^
I don't have a home computer and haven't had any luck posting pics from my phone
But I'm not tech savvy either.
If someone is so sensitive that they won't read a listing that don't have pics IDGAF. No one is twisting their arm
If someone asks for pics I am always happy to provide them via text or email
And that is always made clear in my listings
Posted By: Dukester Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
I'm having a hard time finding the item for sale in this thread. isn't this the classified section and not the campfire section? What's for sale, in case I missed it?
Thanks in advance, and "I'll take it."
Posted By: Oakster Re: It kills me. - 01/14/22
Yeah, I dont post pictures because I dont know how, without researching the topic and going through all the hastle. I think it is easier to text them to people who want them, but I dont sell many guns. I dont have a lot of interest in adds without pictures either. It needs to be easier to add photos.
Posted By: Rooterpig Re: It kills me. - 01/15/22
Funny thing is theres a few hypocrites on this thread. Buy off another forum then list here for a higher price. Then badmouth anyone else that does the same.
Posted By: RHutch Re: It kills me. - 01/15/22
There is no excuse in this day and age for “not being able” or “knowing how” to post a photo other than pure laziness.
Simple as that.

Everyone posting on this forum is using a smart phone or tablet or laptop or desktop or combination of these platforms and thus has access to myriads of sources to assist with the photo-posting education.

Rarely do I engage a seller who doesn’t post at least one photo. A photo is proof of life that the item for sale actually exists, if nothing else.
Posted By: Boonechaser Re: It kills me. - 01/15/22

Lol, Says the man that I’ve personally seen buy things on Graybeards for a 1/3 less than he put it for sale on the campfire….
Posted By: Boonechaser Re: It kills me. - 01/15/22
Originally Posted by RHutch
There is no excuse in this day and age for “not being able” or “knowing how” to post a photo other than pure laziness.
Simple as that.

Everyone posting on this forum is using a smart phone or tablet or laptop or desktop or combination of these platforms and thus has access to myriads of sources to assist with the photo-posting education.

Rarely do I engage a seller who doesn’t post at least one photo. A photo is proof of life that the item for sale actually exists, if nothing else.

Facts!! See it all the time!

Fact is, I buy guns to collect and I buy guns to make money and the deal I got, is not, the deal you’re getting! My dad taught me to never sell anything when I “need” money because I’ll always get screwed! I took that [bleep] to heart and have got great deals from those needing money. But I am not in a situation that I have to sale or need the money so I may negotiate a little but they don’t cost me anything to leave them sit in the safe!
© 24hourcampfire