Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by centershot
Maybe because everyone treats it like a yard sale where the price is just a suggestion and offers start at 50% of the asking price.

^^^ check ^^^

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Self Marketing

I don't want a pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcycle
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
If there is a classified add without pictures (new normal) I don't even read it. I don't care WHAT the price is.

^^^ check ^^^

I might add, quite a few fail to disclose their location in their profile. What's up with that?

What are they afraid of? Or hiding......

Trust me, this place is crawling with three letter agency types and they do have your IP address so know who you are.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I don't see prices coming down. You can wait & hope they do , but the price surge is on. In the months to come expect higher prices. Buy now or pay more later. The cost of raw materials & fuel have increased dramatically. . That directly affects the cost of everything else. Would you sell a rifle you paid $350 for a few years back for the same price today? I have bullets I bought 10 yrs ago, Would you sell them today for the same price, or at today's replacement cost ? It's not just guns & reloading, it's everything.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hesp
The cost of raw materials & fuel have increased dramatically. . That directly affects the cost of everything else.

All true. But what is not talked about is China Joe has trashed the dollar (exchange rate), therefore imports are more expensive - think powder and (good) brass.

Probably takes three months for a boat to get here and hit the shelves. Foreign manufacturers aren't stupid, they have to price-in expected decline of the dollar, as well as supply/demand imbalance.

So ya, prices will continue to go up. All part of "The Plan" to wreck America.

Prices will NEVER go down. Unless Trump gets back in, then you will see the air let out of this market over night in stunning fashion.

Last edited by SupFoo; 01/12/22.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Has a little mar on the stock but could be buffed out, like why haven't you buffed it out then.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like to see:
"Here it is, take it or leave it."
No offers, no trades, you pay shipping.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Don't get wrong good bunch of people here. Have gotten some much needed things, for that i am grateful, for the things and the people who sold them to me.Just seems that some like to take advantage of the current times and yes I normally just scroll on by. Just felt like mentioning it.

Last edited by j2dogs; 01/12/22.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You forgot the old "scope in perfect condition" but seller refuses to pull the rings and send a pic gag.....

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I like to see:
"Here it is, take it or leave it."
No offers, no trades, you pay shipping.

I like this with one edit being to remove the "take it or leave it"...list it, put a price, give some details. I have no problem if someone wants to offer less, that's just business, you don't have to accept and the market will determine what people will pay anyway.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If there is a classified add without pictures (new normal) I don't even read it. I don't care WHAT the price is.

If I post something for sale, I don't post a picture because I don't know how. If I get someone to take pics for me, I can then e-mail them.

NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Some crap aint worth putting a pic up............once fired brass for example.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rmb721

If I post something for sale, I don't post a picture because I don't know how. If I get someone to take pics for me, I can then e-mail them.

Me too! A lot of people say it's easy, but only if you know how to do it. I had Photobucket down pat, but that went down the drain.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye
Some crap aint worth putting a pic up............once fired brass for example.

A pic provides at least some evidence one actually has the stuff and it isn't a hoax sale.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
But... but... but.... it's ultra, ultra rare!

Pictures couldn't be easier with imgur, even I was able to figure it out! As easy as photobucket was.

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 01/12/22.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RJL53

I'm with you on this. If the lazy asses cannot be bothered to post pics. I can't be bothered to open my wallet. Another one that gets me is when someone puts in: "The reason I'm selling", I don't care why a person is selling something and don't need to hear their reason.

I've found posting a reason helpful. Such as: "funding a build" or "making room in the safe." Otherwise seven people ask why you're selling via PM.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fairly priced quality items will always generate interest pictures or not. Plenty of people I buy items from sight unseen because I have dealt with them before and trust them. If you have less than 50 posts and all those in the classifieds section then I will be a little more wary.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I buy items on here a lot, but it kills me how many people get fired up when someone doesn’t follow the “rules”. When someone has sent a PM and someone else posts “I’ll take it”. Then the seller sells it to the person who pm’ed first.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rodney482 fits the crying vagina type.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a lot of good points herein. As to the OP's point, I too find that odd. My position is that the seller can put whatever price he wants and bump it to the top two dozen times if he wants.

As to DMD's point about a "reason" for selling, yes it can forestall inquiries as to why. However, the only relevant answer to such a question would be that "it doesn't work" or "it's a piece of crap". My only reasons for selling are usually "I don't want it" or, the closely related, "I don't use it".

To me, if you want, as a term of your sale, for someone to post an "I'll take it" within your thread, that's fine. The seller sets his own price and his own rules. My position is the first person to let me know they will take it, gets it. I don't care if it is an "I'll take it" within the thread, via pm, via e-mail or smoke signal. I've usually, but not always, got things listed on multiple forums.

More tongue in cheek here; but, I love the claims of "honest ware" (not lying about it?), safe marks (careless and bang against other rifles/handguns in the safe?) and my all time favorite "have shot "x" number of critters with this" as though that means the purchaser will have the same results with said magical rifle.

Be honest, be truthful, be helpful and be prompt or let the other party know why you can't be.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 51 invisible), 2,260 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,720
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.