Home
Did a deal with him a month ago, sent him the money paypal. No package yet, and the phone number he gave is not in service. Sure would ease my mind if someone told me he's a good guy. After being burned once already this year, don't think I can take another rip off. Please let me know, via pm if you wish, if you know this guy.
All I can say is, every single one of his posts were in the classifieds, and I can't see where any deals were struck, so probably not going to get any feedback.

Sure hope things work out.
Thanks, he said he sold a 30-378 to ammunition burner. However, couldn't find any such username. I assumed that he spelled the username incorrectly. Anyone here who did such a deal?

I have a very bad feeling about this.
Burner is a pretty regular user and has been online today. Here's a link to his info. Maybe contact him via PM and see how things went and what he knows.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/19301/burner
Thanks once again, message sent to burner.
File a claim with paypal, unless it was a "gift"......ooof.
I've already tried that. And yes, it was a "gift". Real DUMB I know. So no claim. Yeah, real dumb.
My personal policy is that I will not buy nor trade with newbies nor those that only post in the Classifieds.

It is sad and rather unfortunate to lump them all together, however, the vast majority of the trouble with theft and scams within the Classifieds occur with that set of demographics. [Linked Image]

It doesnt sound good. I suppose, down economy, more people are looking to rip people off.
This doesn't help much, but a search on google found that he has registered on about all the websites that sell guns around March of this year with the same username.
He is selling the same guns on most of the sites too.
The fact that he registered on all the sites around the same time tells me that he probably had to change his identity around that time frame because he probably pulled the same stunt.

But it might be a simple mistake?
He got me for $65.00 on brass i lost my post office receipt, I mailed him the m o for brass. He wanted me to call him I did said he gave me his old address I never had the m o returned. I had no receipt to go back on. I had no proof but now I know he is a piece of [bleep].
this is the # I talked to him on 512-995-1277
longrangehunter80 (Member #40747)
User
Registered On: 03/06/12 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by byd
this is the # I talked to him on 512-995-1277

That is an Austin area code. I have never dealt with him but does not sound good for you. Wish you luck
Well,he just replied to my email a few minutes ago. Apparently he's on vacation until the 14th, but will try to figure out what's going on. At least there's some hope and if he's a scammer, I would see no point in his contacting me like this. Thanks for all your input and will let you know how it all turns out. If it's all legitmate, I will be the first to apologize.
Hope he comes through, and I agree, if he was going to burn you, probably wouldn't respond at all.
Well, looks like I've lost on this one. The guy's info that he gave:
JC Timberland
13700 lakeline drive apt 121 austin tx
512-590-1142

Just listing this as a warning to others, I'm out $450. So, you can choose whether or not to deal with this guy. He is listed as same username on other sites.
Can anyone help me out here and spread the word on this guy?Looks like he changed his username to BiggMag on the Texas Hunting Forum. From doing a google search, I can tell that he's on other forums and has since logged in. Not crying over my lost money here, just burns me that this guy can rip of someone so easy and will probably do it again.
Buddy I feel for you. At 450 I'd be seeing red for days...

We appreciate the heads up, I've also just decided no deals with newbies from now on... Just the way it has to be....
File a complaint with your local police department for theft/mail fraud as well as the post office and the police depart in which he lives. I had a friend that got taken by a similar guy in California (my Buddy in Connecticut). He bought an expensive video camera (about $2,000) from the guy. Guy pulled similar scams on others. Him and many other people filed complaints with that guys local police. The police caught on that he was ripping a lot of people off. They gathered the proof, and arrested the guy. Guy did a few years in jail. No BS.
Good luck with that.
Personally, I would not sit around for $450.
I would fly out and see him. Then he would pay me all my travel expenses plus the money he owed me, or else.
I mostly post in the classifieds. Sorry but I have a bad addiction.... guns and toys. LOL
Doesn't make you a thief or a bad person. No more than a guy that goes to the gun shop a lot.
But I understand the thought. Just need to be careful.
But I am mostly just a buyer anyway. Not a seller.
I agree with Redbone pay him a personal visit . And after some polite conversation show how p***ed off you really are.
Originally Posted by Redbone311
File a complaint with your local police department for theft/mail fraud as well as the post office and the police depart in which he lives. I had a friend that got taken by a similar guy in California (my Buddy in Connecticut). He bought an expensive video camera (about $2,000) from the guy. Guy pulled similar scams on others. Him and many other people filed complaints with that guys local police. The police caught on that he was ripping a lot of people off. They gathered the proof, and arrested the guy. Guy did a few years in jail. No BS.
Good luck with that.
I would fly out and see him. Then he would pay me all my travel expenses plus the money he owed me, or else.
I mostly post in the classifieds. Sorry but I have a bad addiction.... guns and toys. LOL
Doesn't make you a thief or a bad person. No more than a guy that goes to the gun shop a lot.

I have to agree, file a complant with the local police.
Tim
Sorry to hear this. I was hoping the SOB would come through.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
My personal policy is that I will not buy nor trade with newbies nor those that only post in the Classifieds.

It is sad and rather unfortunate to lump them all together, however, the vast majority of the trouble with theft and scams within the Classifieds occur with that set of demographics. [Linked Image]

Yep...its asking to be fleeced.

I'm sorry that he did this to one of our good members. frown
Get a Rope.

HM
If it's the same bigmag that gave me the runaround for a couple months earlier this year the name I have is jesse marx from de valle tx and the only way he responded to a pm was a bunch of open forum talk. If its the same guy he got a few over on longrangehunting. He did finally come through with half the brass I bought and gave back some of the funds. Others over there had some high dollar items and I don't know if he came good or not.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/please-read-anyone-know-jesse-marx-83112/
Originally Posted by Glock2240
Good luck with that.

Tim

Except the money was sent as a gift by PayPal it might be hard to prove anything was stolen. When in doubt I always pay the fees so I can dispute if there is a problem. The extra fees are worth not having to post problems like these.
As a police officer, I recommend that you print all communications and postings. List any known names, address, and phone numbers. Make sure you have all paperwork, receipts, etc in hand along with a written statement detailing the who, what, when, and where's along with any further actions you have taken to attempt to remedy. Contact your local PD and file a report for theft by deception. After you file with your local PD, ask if they would be willing to assist with contact to HIS last known local PD. The crime has jurisdiction in either location, so if you push HIS Police Dept. to file with the report and assistance of your local police, they can obtain an arrest warrant in the area where he resides.
The biggest obstacle to overcome is every crime needs a victim. So....if his local PD would arrest him on their charges, you would need to attend hearings in that jurisdiction. Unless his PD would make contact with him and threaten the charges if he doesnt complete your deal by sending the items. Its a hard situation to finalize if there is distance between you and the seller.
Another option would be file a civil suit in your local court and, obviously, he probably wont respond. You could more than likely get a judgement against him, but again....that doesnt get your money or merchandise.
I hate seeing this bullsh*t happen. And the ones doing it know how hard it is to get taken care of. It it was a felony grade or firearm it would be a total different story though.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by GeoW
[Linked Image]
That never gets old.
Is there some chance the package got hung up crossing the border?

A couple years ago I had quite a time getting some Nosler Partitions shipped up north.
dogman, couldn't a deposition be used instead of travelling to the location for court actions?

I realize this would also cost money but you wouldn't have to travel.

HM
Not in a criminal case....
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Sorry to hear this. I was hoping the SOB would come through.
+1
Hello, I just had a guy contact me about a Nightforce scope I had for sale. He asked for some pics and I sent them to him. We talked on the phone a little later and I became suspicious when he wanted to send a money order for my scope. i figure he will use my pics to victimize other people. Please beware! He was going by Jesse Marx out of Texas #512-995-1277. I found a different scam of his on Long Range Hunter. feel free to contact mme if you need more info. [email protected]
It is Jesse Marx he screwed me out of a Nightforce on here this last winter and I know he has done the same thing to 3 other guys on longrangehunting with the very same NF.
I have a AR lower receiver for sale on Long Range Hunting and was contacted today by longangehunter80 about it. Luckily I had a posted note with his handle on it and realized before it was to late. Beware, he is still at it!
Originally Posted by GeoW
[Linked Image]
I be busy lately. I'll catch up.
Posted By: Bricktop HORSESHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
Originally Posted by Dogman_24
As a police officer
As someone with common sense -- a quality you DESPERATELY NEED -- let me offer some reality. NO POLICE AGENCY OR PROSECUTOR IS GOING TO DO A DAMNED THING TO RESOLVE THIS CIVIL DISPUTE. PERIOD.

STOP POSTING INANE HORSESHIT. THANKS.
File a complaint with your local police department for theft/mail fraud as well as the post office and the police depart in which he lives.
Waste. Of. Time.

No one -- AND I MEAN NO ONE -- is going to run out and get a "no knock" warrant or obtain an arrest or successful prosecution based on this.
Originally Posted by Glock2240
Tim
For what? They ain't gonna do [bleep].
http://forums.corral.net/forums/lounge/1342939-austin-scammer-thief-selling-stuff.html

interesting
Forgot how to put someone on "Ignore"; help please!
View their Profile; click on "Ignore this user". Simple and convenient.
Got it! Thanks Jerry.
Bluecharm.
No matter what brickshit says, file a report.
Austin PD takes [bleep] like this seriously.
Always arresting craigslist scammers etc.
The address off Lakeline is right on their city limits.
If it is in Williamson County, the odds are high youll get someone to help.
Im in this area.
I used to be a police officer here.
Im real busy in my current job, but let me know if I can help.
I can research on who you need to call.
Stuff like this chaps my hide.
PM me your email address.

Posted By: Bricktop BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
Originally Posted by venado_hunter
Bluecharm.
Prove it. Provide a court case. It's a matter of public record and you should have no problem proving as such. If it were true. But it's not and as usual, the f*cking backbiting bitches will only respond with petty attempts at insults. And yes, [bleep], I mean you.
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
Bricktop is a real charmer isn't he?
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
Im not your legal researcher.
You look it up.
Google is your friend.
Posted By: kend Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Bluecharm.
Prove it. Provide a court case. It's a matter of public record and you should have no problem proving as such. If it were true. But it's not and as usual, the f*cking backbiting bitches will only respond with petty attempts at insults. And yes, [bleep], I mean you.

No more petty attempts at insults please. Let Bricktop be your mentor.
Posted By: Bricktop Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
Im not your legal researcher.
You look it up.
Google is your friend.
Just as I suspected -- nothing but a paper assh*le. You talk a good game, but as expected, you can't prove or document a [bleep] thing when tasked.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/11/12
And I was wondering why I had this dipschidt Bricktop on Ignore. Now I remember! What an azzhole!
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/12/12
10-4. But at least, if his new location statement is factual, he has departed my beloved alma mater...University of Oklahoma.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: HORSESHIT!!!!! - 08/12/12
Originally Posted by Dogman_24
As a police officer
As someone with common sense -- a quality you DESPERATELY NEED -- let me offer some reality. NO POLICE AGENCY OR PROSECUTOR IS GOING TO DO A DAMNED THING TO RESOLVE THIS CIVIL DISPUTE. PERIOD.

STOP POSTING INANE HORSESHIT. THANKS.

Like it or not, Bricktop is probably right. I had a guy try to stiff me for $3000.00 in Paris Texas, I called the sheriff, Police Dept. both told me that it was a civil matter, they couldn't do anything. I said it involves the Post Office and a Money Order, and $3000.00 is enough money to constitute a felony. They did nothing.

The most help I got was from the local Post Office with someone trying to help me get a line on the Money Order. Cops did nothing...
Posted By: Bricktop Re: BULLSHIT!!!!! - 08/12/12
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
10-4. But at least, if his new location statement is factual, he has departed my beloved alma mater...University of Oklahoma.
I'm betting from your incredibly cerebral post, you must've graduated from OU's now-defunct college of home economics. With a PhD in candyass.
This gentlemans item was shipped and seized by customs. He was notified that there was a problem with the package as soon as I found out. I received an official letter yesterday and he was notified today of the updated information. He and I have come to an agreement and I will be trying to get the package to him or back to me ASAP.

I am sure he will be backing my statement tomorrow as I will ask him to comment. I am not sure where the heck this thread has gone but this is crazy. If ANYONE I have dealt with in the past didn't get the item that they thought I discribe would have been taken care of as the gentleman in question will.
I suggest folks do some serious homework before doing cross border deals.
Send a PM to folks that have purchased from you and ask them to post on this thread. May be just me, but I'm thinking zero will reply.
How is it that your reputation of being a crooked SOB is so consistent across a number of forums?

Perhaps you can forgive people for not believing that this is an isolated incident?

longrangehuter80

Perhaps you can post a copy of the letter you got that indicated your package was stopped at the border.

Steve
don't hold yer breath, waiting.....
around the fall of 2006, i purchased a pistol from a cat in southern california--it was a 620.00 rig listed on gunsamerica. i used a us postal money order to pay for it.

a few days later, the guy emailed me that he got my check, and thanked me for it, and said he would mail the gun out immediately. several days later, no gun. i contacted him both by phone and email. he informed me that his sister was in stage 4 cancer, and that he couldn't ship the gun for a couple of weeks, as he was leaving for texas to be by her side.

i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.

though only one experience--perhaps you too could get your money back by a similar means.
You are a lying POS,
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.
Post up some names. The name and department of this "detective" for starters.
Why in hell does he need to prove anything to you?
Originally Posted by Buckskin
Why in hell does he need to prove anything to you?
Is it or isn't it a fairy tale, dumbass? If it's true, let's have some details. It's a matter of public record if true. I like good stories. Especially true ones.
I think its a very valid question BT is asking. Im definitely not fond of his vocabulary but Ive heard it before. We are men here dealing with POS seller and buyers, how to do that is very important. Im not calling anyone dishonest but the internet makes for very good story telling at times and this is not a thread for it.
My experience with law enforcement when it comes to civil issues is not good. If in fact these stories of actual enforcement are real then as BT stated, they should be public information. State or point to a case or case number. Its encouraging if so. Telling someone to do their own homework is BS and more often than not just a BS story to call BT out.If you clam action was taken then have the proof. The case number of public record is the proof and will shut BT up, otherwise quit typing fiction, its doesn't give anyone a plan of action against these theives.....
Nothin' is goin' to shut BT's trap.

You�re probably right, but I for one, am just tired of seeing his egotistical, bigheaded, supercilious, and condescending posts.

He is now, the only guy I have on my ignore list, and that's where he is going to stay!

Respects,

Richard
Originally Posted by Buckskin
You�re probably right, but I for one, am just tired of seeing his egotistical, bigheaded, supercilious, and condescending posts.

He is now, the only guy I have on my ignore list, and that's where he is going to stay!

Respects,

Richard
For someone who has me on "ignore," you certainly devote a fair amount of time worrying about me. And I also find it interesting that you find the need to inform me that you have me on ignore; I suppose that's some means of an insecure person trying to get the same attention that they've offered.

It's easy to spot a lying piece-of-dogshit and a loudmouth blowhard: they always become defensive if questioned about their little horseshit fairy tales. Someone telling the truth rarely gets offended if asked to provide details. A liar always takes offense because their minds haven't thought far enough ahead.

Here's some reality for you sorry bitches: an ACTUAL case.

READ IT AND WEEP

Note that the person involved didn't do a day in jail for this and also note that the DISTRICT ATTORNEY in this jurisdiction took action -- not a police department or sheriff's office. Also note that the conviction was a MISDEMEANOR and the only reason action was taken was because of meth, a stolen vehicle, manufacturing false identification cards, stolen equipment, etc.

So you f*cking whiners go ahead and keep telling these f*cking HORSESHIT stories about how a simple call to the "cops" just solves everything, about how they'll just run right out and grab the "offender" up by the back of the neck and demand they "pay up or else." And I'll take your f*cking bitch-asses to task every [bleep]*cking time.
Ahhhh. Feel the love.
Bricktop is good people.

Some just do not read what he is saying,just jumping up and down to language he sometimes uses.
No big deal to me,no hurt feelers.
Bunch of years ago at a Denver area gun show, a guy and what I took to be his wife and little kid stopped at my table and began to admire my nickel plated modern day Winchester 12 gauge and then had a little conference about whether or not they should go ahead and buy it. They put on a good show and then timidly axed me if I would take a check on them. They were nice looking young people and acted right so I broke my own rule and took their check.

Ya, you guessed it. Check was no good and the phone number and address were both phony. Probably same with their drivers license, too.

Check came back marked account closed so I contacted the local PD. Their response? So what? What do you think we can do about it? And the guy I talked to said that should be a lesson to me about selling guns at a gun show.

Case closed. I lost but won a little.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Bricktop is good people.

Some just do not read what he is saying,just jumping up and down to language he sometimes uses.
No big deal to me,no hurt feelers.
No,it's getting old and uncalled for...Part of the "Fire to to promote youth into our sport.It's hard enough growing up these days,they don't need this kind of trash in their face...really,is that what we are about?
I don't like the delivery anymore than you rifle but Im a big boy and just move on. I also never let my kids browse websites like this when they were growing up. If Rick is ok with it (and it seems he is) then I can function here just fine.
What I tire of more is the BS written as solutions by those just uping their post count. Proof is a terrible thing to waste on these threads. If a police action was taken on any criminal or civil infraction then there is proof. Busting BT's chops just to bust his chops is far more distasteful in a thread of this type than foul language.

gunsamerica ad # 976723038

date check was sent; dec. 12, 2006; u.s. postal money order #; 93172149742

amount; $620.00 (600.00 for gun, 20.00 for shipping--a benelli b-76 pistol).

seller; michael w.

email address; [email protected]

city; monterey park, calif.

police department, investigations division; phone # 626 307 1236

detective officer; joann frescas, email: [email protected]

issue resolved on jan. 22, 2007 with a check for full reimbursement sent to us by the "seller".

a good email with nice follow-up and including suggestions from the detective about precautions in buying items off of the internet.

this gal really went to work on this, doing a stellar job--without her work and professionalism i would have surely been out of $620.00 of my hard earned money...

gunsamerica ad # 976723038

date check was sent; dec. 12, 2006; u.s. postal money order #; 93172149742

amount; $620.00 (600.00 for gun, 20.00 for shipping--a benelli b-76 pistol).

seller; michael w.

email address; [email protected]

city; monterey park, calif.

police department, investigations division; phone # 626 307 1236

detective officer; joann frescas, email: [email protected]

issue resolved on jan. 22, 2007 with a check for full reimbursement sent to us by the "seller".

a good email with nice follow-up and including suggestions from the detective about precautions in buying items off of the internet.

this gal really went to work on this, doing a stellar job--without her work and professionalism i would have surely been out of $620.00 of my hard earned money...
That's convenient that you chose to omit the details of the seller and any actual correspondence between you and this "detective." That seems to be a pattern with blowhards. You get pressed for details and you either take offense or respond with horseshit generalities. Hell's bells, anyone could string together that horseshit. I could even pull a story out of thin air about how I singlehandedly located Jimmy Hoffa. I could post up a couple of telephone numbers -- publicly available, of course -- and the basic contact data of a police department somewhere. I guess by the measure of your standard for "truth" I could make it so simply by posting it on "the internets."

Where's this "good email with nice follow-up and including suggestions from the detective?" Huh? Pretty f*cking funny how you managed to omit that from your fairy tale.
Bricktop was brickslapped and still wont belive it.
Too funny.
Too funny.
No, not particularly. You see, my fine ass-licking fellow board user, I took the liberty of emailing the detective in question, Joann Frescas, along with a link to this thread.

I received a good email with nice followup and including suggestions from the detective about precautions in getting and using her name and her department's name off of the internet in private transactions in which they've never been involved and have no authority to investigate.

This gal really went to work on this, doing a stellar job. Without her work and professionalism, this "Hi_Vel" character surely would have been capable of leading people to believe that she was using City of Monterey Park resources for private gain. She also mentioned something about conducting a fraud investigation on him.

Game over, ladies.
Game, set, match for BT.
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Game, set, match for BT.

Without independent and posted verification?

I wonder if Joann Frescas is hot, anybody got a pic of her?
I'm sure Bricktop did that right after he got back from Pinedale. Just sayin...

Whether his posting have any measure of truth or accuracy, they are filled with such vitriol to make reading a thread like this distasteful. I don't know why brick just didn't contact the person that told him that Romney hasn't paid taxes in the last 10 years...
Originally Posted by slg888
I wonder if Joann Frescas is hot, anybody got a pic of her?
I don't know, but she sounds hot.
Just love it when BT gets his dander up. Okies forever!!
G
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I'm sure Bricktop did that right after he got back from Pinedale. Just sayin...

Whether his posting have any measure of truth or accuracy, they are filled with such vitriol to make reading a thread like this distasteful....

+1.
I don't often opine on such matters, but most of us would be ashamed of our kids if they talked to others like that, I know I would--and my kids are grown adults. Wit and wisdom are one thing, absolute verbal filth is another.
It's amazing how guys become so e-tough within the confines of their laptop and easy chair.

I gave up reading his vitriol after the ridiculous (and wrong) lecture with the guy selling the leupold VXII thread...or was it VX-II...to his credit he kissed ass when he was presented with a picture that poignantly showed he was so wrong.
Originally Posted by broomd
I don't often opine on such matters
And what makes you believe anyone values your whiny-ass opinion?

Frankly I don't really care.
Frankly I don't really care.
No, that's not true. Otherwise you wouldn't have expended the effort replying. You're one of the many marginalized LITTLE people who believe they've found a voice on "the internets." You have an outlet for your frustrations and it bothers you when you can't get the respect to which you believe you're entitled. If you TRULY didn't care, we'd have never seen your post.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm a little people.
Outlet for my...er...frustrations. Yeah, that was it.

Blah, blah, blah.

G'night BT.

Posted By: Hi_Vel "Brickslapped" - 08/14/12
Too funny.

you got it right there, sir.

he asked for the detectives' name--and he got it, which is a sight more than he deserved, as i owe him precisely nothing. and no i won't post the full name, email address, home address, and phone number of the "selling character" who was in the process of trying to scam me out of my money. the detective and gunsamerica received that info, and no-one else will, particularly on an open forum.

these types of tinhorns can never face facts where personal ego is involved. and since shining the light via "more than sufficient specific facts" cannot enlighten these individuals--all that then remains is that it can serve no better purpose than to further reveal and showcase that oh-so-special amatuer ignorance--which is forever engaged in defending the bruised ego, as each day it further accrues towards mediocrity.

of course to anyone who it really matters to--for the sake of the facts--you have enough information from my previous post to delve into the matter if you think it worthwhile of your time--though i can't imagine who might care about the resolution to a "purchase" i tried to make nearly 6 years ago.

now back to my purpose in posting my comment to the op. you might be able to get your specific issue resolved--you will never know for sure until you try. my specific situation turned out great for me, for i was fortunate enough to reach someone who wanted to help resolve the issue.
You're one of the many marginalized LITTLE people who believe they've found a voice on "the internets." You have an outlet for your frustrations and it bothers you when you can't get the respect to which you believe you're entitled.

OMG! That's just what I was thinking when I read your first post on this thread.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bricktop BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
Too funny.
you got it right there, sir.

he asked for the detectives' name--and he got it, which is a sight more than he deserved, as i owe him precisely nothing. and no i won't post the full name, email address, home address, and phone number of the "selling character" who was in the process of trying to scam me out of my money. the detective and gunsamerica received that info, and no-one else will, particularly on an open forum.

these types of tinhorns can never face facts where personal ego is involved. and since shining the light via "more than sufficient specific facts" cannot enlighten these individuals--all that then remains is that it can serve no better purpose than to further reveal and showcase that oh-so-special amatuer ignorance--which is forever engaged in defending the bruised ego, as each day it further accrues towards mediocrity.

of course to anyone who it really matters to--for the sake of the facts--you have enough information from my previous post to delve into the matter if you think it worthwhile of your time--though i can't imagine who might care about the resolution to a "purchase" i tried to make nearly 6 years ago.

now back to my purpose in posting my comment to the op. you might be able to get your specific issue resolved--you will never know for sure until you try. my specific situation turned out great for me, for i was fortunate enough to reach someone who wanted to help resolve the issue.
There's only one problem. The detective mentioned denied assisting you in the manner you claimed and clearly stated that neither she nor her department are empowered to assist in private matters.

These types of tinhorns like "Hi_Vel" can never face facts when personal ego is involved and must resort to creating a lie to advance their particular brand of fiction. They cannot provide sufficient facts when asked to do so, so lying or attacking is their natural response: fight or flight. People like this are to be pitied, because they can never truly resolve any dispute nor will they ever gain any measure of respect. It's really quite a sad slide into mediocrity.

Of course for anyone to whom this really matters, they may contact the detective via telephone or email from the information provided and learn exactly what I've always stated. Police agencies are not and have never been your private debt collection agency.

But back to my purpose in posting my comments to the pole-licking fantasizers: you will be unable to resolve your specific issue via the police. This is a civil matter. I have provided specific examples.
Posted By: venado_hunter Re: BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
This is my last response on this post.
As mentioned, here in my jurisdiction, Williamson County Texas, where I was an investigator for 8+ years, we worked these cases.
Not to say none slipped through the cracks when some lazy beat cop didn't feel like writing a report and chalked their lazyness up to " civil matter", because that did and will happen.
I dont give two pennies what some internet know it all says. I personally know it happens, and no, Im not looking it up for you.
Your a big boy, and as you say, these are public records, so you look it up.
If it happens here, our law enforcement will and has worked these cases.
Our county is known for being tough on crime.
Not sure how your okie le worked, but here a theft is a theft, plain and simple.
We are a mostly rural people (but growing) and take thiefs very seriously.
You can take a fleecing laying down if you want.
But if it happens here, we will deal with it. Our judge and juries hand out some stiff sentences.
I replied to this post offering help to someone who was taken advantage of.
My offer to help still stands.
As mentioned by others top, you have a real bad attitude, and I hope to god one day you don't leave your basement computer lair and talk that smack to a real person.
Might just get your teeth knocked in.
But, this is america and you are entitled to your opininion, no matter how stupid it is.
Adios mofo.
Posted By: Jerry/AK Re: BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
Very well said!
Posted By: Bricktop Re: BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
As mentioned, here in my jurisdiction, Williamson County Texas, where I was an investigator for 8+ years, we worked these cases.

<SNIP>

I dont give two pennies what some internet know it all says. I personally know it happens, and no, Im not looking it up for you.
Your a big boy, and as you say, these are public records, so you look it up.
Can you offer proof or not? Yes or no? I offered proof of a case of which I have knowledge, now it's your turn, Mary.

I'm suspecting like the many other paper assh*les who post all of this law and order BULLSHIT, the answer is going to be a resounding NO.

Crybabies like you always talk a good line of trash, but as pointed out previously, it becomes fight or flight. If you get pressed for details, your response is one of indignation as in HOW DARE ANYONE QUESTION YOU or it becomes a transparent lie. I can tell by your posts you're not a very imaginative little person and you can't think on your feet, hence your responses. Always the mark of a lying liar.
Posted By: minengr Re: BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
Surly Bricktop could provide a screen shot of said email with, with said dective, with personal info blacked out. That should clear things up so people could quit crying.
Posted By: broomd Re: BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
Geez BT.

2:36 am? "Sad slide" indeed...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bricktop Re: BULLSHIT!!!! - 08/14/12
Originally Posted by minengr
Surly Bricktop could provide a screen shot of said email with, with said dective, with personal info blacked out. That should clear things up so people could quit crying.
I'd be happy to do so just as soon as "Hi_Vel" does the same. I'm all about protecting privacy, too.

Geez BT.

2:36 am? "Sad slide" indeed...
Ever heard of "user preferences," dumb [bleep]? Have your caregiver show you how to change your time zone settings.

I was emailed a copy of the final letter and the check for reimbursement of the gun Hi_Vel referred to in his post. Suffice it to say, it is a real document disclosing the person, detective involved and the resolution of the matter.

This is a different outcome from what I personally saw in regards to the help from local LEO when I had my encounter with a scumbag. The detective in the correspondence stated the same thing, that most cases don't come out like this...
Thanks for posting that Shrapnel. Makes reading this thread more satisfying to know that BT is every bit the DH he appears to be in print.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I was emailed a copy of the final letter and the check for reimbursement of the gun Hi_Vel referred to in his post. Suffice it to say, it is a real document disclosing the person, detective involved and the resolution of the matter.

This is a different outcome from what I personally saw in regards to the help from local LEO when I had my encounter with a scumbag. The detective in the correspondence stated the same thing, that most cases don't come out like this...
I also received documentation from the detective in question stating otherwise. I don't play "Hi_Vel's" passive-aggressive bullshit games nor do I need to get anyone else to carry my water.

I also received documentation from the detective in question stating otherwise. I don't play "Hi_Vel's" passive-aggressive bullshit games nor do I need to get anyone else to carry my water.

as i mentioned earlier, i would not post that personal/private info (of the scammer), on an open forum:

therefore, i settled on the next best thing--to utilize a independent witness--so i asked shrapnel to act as that witness by giving him a copy of the documentation concerning the work of the detective who resolved the matter--strictly for the benefit of guys like bluecharm99 and stantdm, or any other guy out there who is being scammed, or may one day be scammed--that once in awhile--in this case with leo help--a guy can win one of these...

the post wherein shrapnel acted as a witness (a basic legal procedure--not an attempt at having someone carry my water), was not for your benefit/purpose, for egotistical tinhorn amatuers like yourself can never benefit from truth, no matter how far one shines the light into that void between your ears--Hello in there, anybody home?

while i can be certain a tinhorn amatuer like you could never summon the moxy to email a detective and ask basic essential questions--others still might do so--and i hope they do--though i can't imagine them giving a care.

but you try all you wanna know, and one day maybe you can spout your First Truth .

then, when you can string a set of those truths together, your on your way--taking those first steps towards puberty--and when you begin to "boy-up" and grow a pair, one day--maybe You can become "a real live Bricckhio Boy".

Brickslapped again, you tinhorn amatuer...

Say what you may, but my "I don't Care" trumps all your vitriol and incessant cursing. Try a dictionary with words longer than 4 letters...

as i mentioned earlier, i would not post that personal/private info (of the scammer), on an open forum:

therefore, i settled on the next best thing--to utilize a independent witness--so i asked shrapnel to act as that witness by giving him a copy of the documentation concerning the work of the detective who resolved the matter--strictly for the benefit of guys like bluecharm99 and stantdm, or any other guy out there who is being scammed, or may one day be scammed--that once in awhile--in this case with leo help--a guy can win one of these...

the post wherein shrapnel acted as a witness (a basic legal procedure--not an attempt at having someone carry my water), was not for your benefit/purpose, for egotistical tinhorn amatuers like yourself can never benefit from truth, no matter how far one shines the light into that void between your ears--Hello in there, anybody home?

while i can be certain a tinhorn amatuer like you could never summon the moxy to email a detective and ask basic essential questions--others still might do so--and i hope they do--though i can't imagine them giving a care.

but you try all you wanna know, and one day maybe you can spout your First Truth .

then, when you can string a set of those truths together, your on your way--taking those first steps towards puberty--and when you begin to "boy-up" and grow a pair, one day--maybe You can become "a real live Bricckhio Boy".

Brickslapped again, you tinhorn amatuer...
And as stated earlier MY correspondence with detective Joann Frescas of the Monterey Park, California police department has completely contradicted your claims. Out of respect for her privacy, I will not post any of that information on an open forum, nor will I dupe anyone into playing a part in any sort of game. You know, like you're doing since you've been caught in a LIE.

I have found the best thing is to reference and deal exclusively in PUBLIC DOCUMENTS. That prevents deceitful little bastards from manipulating stories and conning others into retelling them on their behalf. Does any of that -- ANYTHING AT ALL -- get through the haze of Zoloft and lithium that you're taking?

Your ass just got bitchslapped again, [bleep].

Say what you may, but my "I don't Care" trumps all your vitriol and incessant cursing. Try a dictionary with words longer than 4 letters...
You've been duped. That's five letters. I would suggest you place a telephone call in the morning to Joann Frescas. Unless you prefer to believe in fairy tales.
Not sure if my post fits this thread anymore, but have decided to make one last post on the original topic. After finally getting in contact with me to give me the customs bs, he then asks what he can do. I suggested giving me back half of the $450, and call it even. Said he would in a few days and ask if I would make a statement here, clearing his name. I responded by saying that would not be a problem, once I receive a Paypal transaction from him. He comes back with , no, no money until I make a post. Only post I'll make is calling him a dirtbag.

I'll cut my loses, call it a lesson learned, and now I'm finished with online deals.

Scumbag.
Originally Posted by bluecharm99
Not sure if my post fits this thread anymore, but have decided to make one last post on the original topic. After finally getting in contact with me to give me the customs bs, he then asks what he can do. I suggested giving me back half of the $450, and call it even. Said he would in a few days and ask if I would make a statement here, clearing his name. I responded by saying that would not be a problem, once I receive a Paypal transaction from him. He comes back with , no, no money until I make a post. Only post I'll make is calling him a dirtbag.

I'll cut my loses, call it a lesson learned, and now I'm finished with online deals.

Scumbag.

All I asked you to do is say what I said on this forum to this point was correct and you would have your money. That's very simple task to ask of someone who wrongfully ran your name through the mud.

My rangefinder was confiscated so we are both out something. Good luck in your
i've been neutral and silent on this for a while - many others have filled my void of silence with their own "unique" perspective on things, after all - but i am curious about a few things:

WHY was your rangefinder confiscated? that's kind of an odd thing to confiscate. has this happened on a number of other deals you've made?

WHY has this thread turned into a free for all? OP's question was whether anyone had any dealings with a member, and this has become a series of diatribes on the merits of police authority in fraud vs. civil suits.

WHY have we turned to name calling?

longrangehunter80, i don't know you and have no dealings with you. i am a little perplexed at the amount of negative information available at the mention of your name. not good, fella. from reading this, it sounds like you're out a rangefinder and he's out money.....but you are keeping $225. that's still a gain, near as i can tell. either way, a lot of times it's good to remember that where there is smoke, there is fire. unfortunately, there is a lot of smoke attached to your name now. your name being dragged through the mud did not happen overnight.

bluecharm99, i am sorry you've had this experience. don't let one bad experience turn you off from doing any online deals. let it temper your patience instead. i had a bad experience, and i figured i'd try again a while later. that decision netted me two good rifles and a good friend who i still hunt with to this day. keep looking, but keep your BS detector in good working order. and never gift it....insist on meeting and laying hands upon the merchandise if you are able. a lot of times it can mean not only a sale/purchase, but getting to make a new friend. no negatives there.

bricktop, not all agencies are the same. my own agency does a lot with internet fraud. the county next door laughs about it and doesn't do anything at all. you cannot expect that all agencies are the same. it's been my experience that a one time dealing won't lead anywhere, but if there is a history that can be put together, well, that just makes the case something you can work. but again, not all agencies focus on things like this, or even have the experience or knowledge to work it properly.

hi vel, glad your situation worked out ok.

all: filing a police report is not a dead end. there may not be any movement at first. or ever. but a lot of times, that first report can really lead to some connections with other cases that never went anywhere. and besides, if something occurs down the line, that first complaint will be included in the file. no, police agencies are not debt collectors or collection agencies, but they ARE a resource. as technology becomes more of a focus in life, internet schemes are going to be more of a problem. they can be harder to run down, but they can still be dealt with. in the meantime, get to know your contacts, do your homework, and try to meet when possible. there are a few on this site that i'd trust via the net, but they are few and far between, if for no other reason than i haven't gotten to know the rest better. and i know many feel the same way; that's what the internet does. well, that and make it easier for people to become 10 feet tall and bulletproof behind the screen.

seriously fellas, this ain't a 14 year old girl's facebook page. let's act like men and tone it down a bit. this IS the 'fire, after all....
Originally Posted by longrangehunter80

Scumbag.

All I asked you to do is say what I said on this forum to this point was correct and you would have your money. That's very simple task to ask of someone who wrongfully ran your name through the mud.

Wow....

I'm curious as to why the rangefinder was confiscated. Care to share details on that?
Originally Posted by Recon_Jim
seriously fellas, this ain't a 14 year old girl's facebook page. let's act like men and tone it down a bit. this IS the 'fire, after all....

Not a lot of difference some days. whistle
bricktop, not all agencies are the same. my own agency does a lot with internet fraud. the county next door laughs about it and doesn't do anything at all. you cannot expect that all agencies are the same. it's been my experience that a one time dealing won't lead anywhere, but if there is a history that can be put together, well, that just makes the case something you can work. but again, not all agencies focus on things like this, or even have the experience or knowledge to work it properly.
Post up some specifics if you want your fairy tale believed.

hi vel, glad your situation worked out ok.
It worked out as well as his imagination could spin it.

all: filing a police report is not a dead end.
Actually, IT IS. I'd be happy to revisit the subject with you. I'd also like some specific cases for reference. Because all I've ever seen from this horseshit "law and order crowd" is the kind of horseshit regurgitated from television cop shows. No one can ever prove a damned thing. No one can back up any claim they make. And their responses upon being called into question on their BULLSHIT are nothing more than fight or flight: they raise hell and fight at the thought of being questioned or their lies become more embellished and elaborate with every telling.
In my area the Police Dept. will barely even investigate real-life burglaries which happen in their jurisdiction.
Several years ago I had 4 guns, a Hoyt bow, a GPS, and my 8 yo daughters motorcycle stolen from my property.
I dutifully reported it to my local PD. They did nothing but take a report. The motorcycle was unique in this area (a GasGas TXT50 Trials bike) so I put up reward posters around town. Got a call in response from a guy who gave me the name of a dirtbag who tried to sell it to him for $200.
SCORE.....I thought! Called the PD with the info and they told me the dirtbag was in their custody on an unrelated charge and that they'd question him as he was well known to them as a thief.
SCORE again......I thought!!
Didn't hear from the PD for a week so I called them back and asked about it. They told me that the dirtbag denied any knowledge of it! I said, of course he denied it as he wasn't likely to confess to another felony. I requested that they go to his home and search it for the bike and they said they wouldn't do that.
Never got the bike back but the PD still sends me a form every year asking if I have recovered any of the stolen property!

My particular PD wouldn't be likely to do anything about an internet fraud case.
bricktop, i'm not doing this with you. i AM a peace officer, so i am writing this from a position of knowledge, not a random guy posting on the net. i am not your legal researcher, i am not posting specific cases, and i am not debating with you any positions you have. you do not have to believe my fairy tale, that's entirely your choice.

the short answer to your requests is as follows and i quote: "no."
bricktop, i'm not doing this with you.
A typical response from the paper assh*les. You can either document the horseshit you claim or you can't. And right now it ain't looking so good for you, sport. If you want credibility, then pony the [bleep] up with some info supporting your position.

i AM a peace officer, so i am writing this from a position of knowledge, not a random guy posting on the net. i am not your legal researcher, i am not posting specific cases, and i am not debating with you any positions you have. you do not have to believe my fairy tale, that's entirely your choice.

the short answer to your requests is as follows and i quote: "no."
I couldn't give a [bleep] if you're the King of Siam. You don't hold dominion over any-[bleep]-body. You made a horseshit claim and I'm asking you to prove it as such. What ever "position of knowledge" you perceive yourself having is obviously one to which you've elevated yourself. Can you or can't you prove anything you've claimed? Yes or no, Barney Fife? I posted up a case -- AN ACTUAL CASE -- of which I have knowledge, but all I see from you is a lot of self-important [bleep] doubletalk from some random dickhead who just painted himself into a corner with some horseshit statements.

You sure as hell didn't expect to be questioned, did you? You thought you'd post this [bleep] I AM THE LAW bullshit and everyone would take you at face value, didn't you? Dumb [bleep].
Years ago I purchased a 270 on GunsAmerica from a scumbag in LaPorte, Indiana who wouldn't ship the rifle. I thought my $$ was gone but luckily got help when I called the LaPorte PD. The seller must have had a bad rep because they said it wasn't the first time they had to deal with him. Long story short, I received my funds back right away!

Scamming on the classifieds will only get worse and I'm sure some reading this thread may get the impression from our local whack-job that nothing can be done but you'll never know unless you give it a try. In my case, the LaPorte PD came through and saved my a$$. Who knows - maybe the police only help guys that aren't total A-holes?!?! That would sure explain the lack of confidence from our local whack-job! laugh laugh laugh Poor fella..... wink
and.....now on ignore. too bad mommy never taught you any manners, bricktop. pretty pathetic.
See... this is the kinda s&*t that p#$$es me off. Im clearly a new guy on here as you can see by how many posts Ive made but now because of @$$holes like this guy, if I wanted to sell something I couldnt bc of $h*t like this.Not to mention it makes ME wary of buying anything on here. By this guy I mean Longrangehunter80,
Originally Posted by Squints
See... this is the kinda s&*t that p#$$es me off. Im clearly a new guy on here as you can see by how many posts Ive made but now because of @$$holes like this guy, if I wanted to sell something I couldnt bc of $h*t like this.Not to mention it makes ME wary of buying anything on here. By this guy I mean Longrangehunter80,

Don't take it to heart, Squints. 99.9% of the folks on the fire are decent, honest individuals. You have to start somewhere, I've been fortunate and have not had any problems. Remember, anytime you buy or sell on the internet, there is a chance of getting burned, but more often than not, you won't.
Wary of giving money to a complete stranger for something that may or may not exist...and that is a bad thing ?

Sounds to me that this thread has achieved its purpose, namely counseling caution.

Ps, and if you do not want to deal with Brick...ignore him....I do not think it will hurt his feelings.
and.....now on ignore. too bad mommy never taught you any manners, bricktop. pretty pathetic.
Can you or can't you prove anything you've claimed? Can you -- a person "speaking" from a self-described "position of authority" -- offer any layperson an example of anyone successfully prosecuted for misdemeanor embezzlement -- the actual crime for which anyone could be prosecuted for one of these deals -- by your department? Yes or no? Can you or can't you offer any proof? Your pissant, half-assed defensive responses are truly the definition of PATHETIC.
For Christs sake stick, leave them alone.

Sorry, I mean Brick.
I've seen enough to put Longrangehunter on ignore..
Rancho...

Car show in Bozeman this morning on Main Street. I am taking the GTO down there about 10:30, come on down...
wear the aviators. you'll win fer sure....
Originally Posted by longrangehunter80

Scumbag.

LRH80,

Dang! And I was ready to send 3 grand for your grandfather's Merkle O/U. Seeing how you are admitting to withholding money not yours (essentially stealing, IMO), I think not.
Originally Posted by carbon12

LRH80,

Dang! And I was ready to send 3 grand for your grandfather's Merkle O/U. Seeing how you are admitting to withholding money not yours (essentially stealing, IMO), I think not.

Good decision!
Originally Posted by Squints

If you want to check someone on here out before you buy do a search of thier username in the good guy section and that will give you a good idea of that particular seller.
How can you search the username on the good guy section without manually searching all 926 pages?
Use the "search" button.
Here's a way better search engine for this site.

Google Custom Search for 24HCF
Rancho...

Car show in Bozeman this morning on Main Street. I am taking the GTO down there about 10:30, come on down...

Dayum... Missed you, I went off to Logan this morning right after I posted and killed some paper.
Over 200 cars and me without a camera...
© 24hourcampfire