Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't hold yer breath, waiting.....

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
around the fall of 2006, i purchased a pistol from a cat in southern california--it was a 620.00 rig listed on gunsamerica. i used a us postal money order to pay for it.

a few days later, the guy emailed me that he got my check, and thanked me for it, and said he would mail the gun out immediately. several days later, no gun. i contacted him both by phone and email. he informed me that his sister was in stage 4 cancer, and that he couldn't ship the gun for a couple of weeks, as he was leaving for texas to be by her side.

i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.

though only one experience--perhaps you too could get your money back by a similar means.

Last edited by Hi_Vel; 08/12/12. Reason: corrected the purchase amount from $650.00, to $620.00

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
B
byd Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
You are a lying POS,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.
Post up some names. The name and department of this "detective" for starters.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why in hell does he need to prove anything to you?

Cat, the other white meat!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Buckskin
Why in hell does he need to prove anything to you?
Is it or isn't it a fairy tale, dumbass? If it's true, let's have some details. It's a matter of public record if true. I like good stories. Especially true ones.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I think its a very valid question BT is asking. Im definitely not fond of his vocabulary but Ive heard it before. We are men here dealing with POS seller and buyers, how to do that is very important. Im not calling anyone dishonest but the internet makes for very good story telling at times and this is not a thread for it.
My experience with law enforcement when it comes to civil issues is not good. If in fact these stories of actual enforcement are real then as BT stated, they should be public information. State or point to a case or case number. Its encouraging if so. Telling someone to do their own homework is BS and more often than not just a BS story to call BT out.If you clam action was taken then have the proof. The case number of public record is the proof and will shut BT up, otherwise quit typing fiction, its doesn't give anyone a plan of action against these theives.....

Last edited by dcmtex; 08/12/12.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nothin' is goin' to shut BT's trap.

"Smile, God loves you!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK

You�re probably right, but I for one, am just tired of seeing his egotistical, bigheaded, supercilious, and condescending posts.

He is now, the only guy I have on my ignore list, and that's where he is going to stay!

Respects,

Richard

Cat, the other white meat!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Buckskin
Originally Posted by Jerry/AK
You�re probably right, but I for one, am just tired of seeing his egotistical, bigheaded, supercilious, and condescending posts.

He is now, the only guy I have on my ignore list, and that's where he is going to stay!

Respects,

Richard
For someone who has me on "ignore," you certainly devote a fair amount of time worrying about me. And I also find it interesting that you find the need to inform me that you have me on ignore; I suppose that's some means of an insecure person trying to get the same attention that they've offered.

It's easy to spot a lying piece-of-dogshit and a loudmouth blowhard: they always become defensive if questioned about their little horseshit fairy tales. Someone telling the truth rarely gets offended if asked to provide details. A liar always takes offense because their minds haven't thought far enough ahead.

Here's some reality for you sorry bitches: an ACTUAL case.

READ IT AND WEEP

Note that the person involved didn't do a day in jail for this and also note that the DISTRICT ATTORNEY in this jurisdiction took action -- not a police department or sheriff's office. Also note that the conviction was a MISDEMEANOR and the only reason action was taken was because of meth, a stolen vehicle, manufacturing false identification cards, stolen equipment, etc.

So you f*cking whiners go ahead and keep telling these f*cking HORSESHIT stories about how a simple call to the "cops" just solves everything, about how they'll just run right out and grab the "offender" up by the back of the neck and demand they "pay up or else." And I'll take your f*cking bitch-asses to task every [bleep]*cking time.

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ahhhh. Feel the love.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bricktop is good people.

Some just do not read what he is saying,just jumping up and down to language he sometimes uses.
No big deal to me,no hurt feelers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bunch of years ago at a Denver area gun show, a guy and what I took to be his wife and little kid stopped at my table and began to admire my nickel plated modern day Winchester 12 gauge and then had a little conference about whether or not they should go ahead and buy it. They put on a good show and then timidly axed me if I would take a check on them. They were nice looking young people and acted right so I broke my own rule and took their check.

Ya, you guessed it. Check was no good and the phone number and address were both phony. Probably same with their drivers license, too.

Check came back marked account closed so I contacted the local PD. Their response? So what? What do you think we can do about it? And the guy I talked to said that should be a lesson to me about selling guns at a gun show.

Case closed. I lost but won a little.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Bricktop is good people.

Some just do not read what he is saying,just jumping up and down to language he sometimes uses.
No big deal to me,no hurt feelers.
No,it's getting old and uncalled for...Part of the "Fire to to promote youth into our sport.It's hard enough growing up these days,they don't need this kind of trash in their face...really,is that what we are about?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I don't like the delivery anymore than you rifle but Im a big boy and just move on. I also never let my kids browse websites like this when they were growing up. If Rick is ok with it (and it seems he is) then I can function here just fine.
What I tire of more is the BS written as solutions by those just uping their post count. Proof is a terrible thing to waste on these threads. If a police action was taken on any criminal or civil infraction then there is proof. Busting BT's chops just to bust his chops is far more distasteful in a thread of this type than foul language.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Bricktop

gunsamerica ad # 976723038

date check was sent; dec. 12, 2006; u.s. postal money order #; 93172149742

amount; $620.00 (600.00 for gun, 20.00 for shipping--a benelli b-76 pistol).

seller; michael w.

email address; Mwstomachxxx.xxx

city; monterey park, calif.

police department, investigations division; phone # 626 307 1236

detective officer; joann frescas, email: JFrescasMontereyPark.ca.gov

issue resolved on jan. 22, 2007 with a check for full reimbursement sent to us by the "seller".

a good email with nice follow-up and including suggestions from the detective about precautions in buying items off of the internet.

this gal really went to work on this, doing a stellar job--without her work and professionalism i would have surely been out of $620.00 of my hard earned money...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop

gunsamerica ad # 976723038

date check was sent; dec. 12, 2006; u.s. postal money order #; 93172149742

amount; $620.00 (600.00 for gun, 20.00 for shipping--a benelli b-76 pistol).

seller; michael w.

email address; Mwstomachxxx.xxx

city; monterey park, calif.

police department, investigations division; phone # 626 307 1236

detective officer; joann frescas, email: JFrescasMontereyPark.ca.gov

issue resolved on jan. 22, 2007 with a check for full reimbursement sent to us by the "seller".

a good email with nice follow-up and including suggestions from the detective about precautions in buying items off of the internet.

this gal really went to work on this, doing a stellar job--without her work and professionalism i would have surely been out of $620.00 of my hard earned money...
That's convenient that you chose to omit the details of the seller and any actual correspondence between you and this "detective." That seems to be a pattern with blowhards. You get pressed for details and you either take offense or respond with horseshit generalities. Hell's bells, anyone could string together that horseshit. I could even pull a story out of thin air about how I singlehandedly located Jimmy Hoffa. I could post up a couple of telephone numbers -- publicly available, of course -- and the basic contact data of a police department somewhere. I guess by the measure of your standard for "truth" I could make it so simply by posting it on "the internets."

Where's this "good email with nice follow-up and including suggestions from the detective?" Huh? Pretty f*cking funny how you managed to omit that from your fairy tale.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Bricktop was brickslapped and still wont belive it.
Too funny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by venado_hunter
Bricktop was brickslapped and still wont belive it.
Too funny.
No, not particularly. You see, my fine ass-licking fellow board user, I took the liberty of emailing the detective in question, Joann Frescas, along with a link to this thread.

I received a good email with nice followup and including suggestions from the detective about precautions in getting and using her name and her department's name off of the internet in private transactions in which they've never been involved and have no authority to investigate.

This gal really went to work on this, doing a stellar job. Without her work and professionalism, this "Hi_Vel" character surely would have been capable of leading people to believe that she was using City of Monterey Park resources for private gain. She also mentioned something about conducting a fraud investigation on him.

Game over, ladies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Game, set, match for BT.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 13,796 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,162
Posts18,542,906
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.