Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks for posting that Shrapnel. Makes reading this thread more satisfying to know that BT is every bit the DH he appears to be in print.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.
Post up some names. The name and department of this "detective" for starters.
I was emailed a copy of the final letter and the check for reimbursement of the gun Hi_Vel referred to in his post. Suffice it to say, it is a real document disclosing the person, detective involved and the resolution of the matter.

This is a different outcome from what I personally saw in regards to the help from local LEO when I had my encounter with a scumbag. The detective in the correspondence stated the same thing, that most cases don't come out like this...
I also received documentation from the detective in question stating otherwise. I don't play "Hi_Vel's" passive-aggressive bullshit games nor do I need to get anyone else to carry my water.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.
I was emailed a copy of the final letter and the check for reimbursement of the gun Hi_Vel referred to in his post. Suffice it to say, it is a real document disclosing the person, detective involved and the resolution of the matter.

This is a different outcome from what I personally saw in regards to the help from local LEO when I had my encounter with a scumbag. The detective in the correspondence stated the same thing, that most cases don't come out like this...
I also received documentation from the detective in question stating otherwise. I don't play "Hi_Vel's" passive-aggressive bullshit games nor do I need to get anyone else to carry my water.

as i mentioned earlier, i would not post that personal/private info (of the scammer), on an open forum:

therefore, i settled on the next best thing--to utilize a independent witness--so i asked shrapnel to act as that witness by giving him a copy of the documentation concerning the work of the detective who resolved the matter--strictly for the benefit of guys like bluecharm99 and stantdm, or any other guy out there who is being scammed, or may one day be scammed--that once in awhile--in this case with leo help--a guy can win one of these...

the post wherein shrapnel acted as a witness (a basic legal procedure--not an attempt at having someone carry my water), was not for your benefit/purpose, for egotistical tinhorn amatuers like yourself can never benefit from truth, no matter how far one shines the light into that void between your ears--Hello in there, anybody home?

while i can be certain a tinhorn amatuer like you could never summon the moxy to email a detective and ask basic essential questions--others still might do so--and i hope they do--though i can't imagine them giving a care.

but you try all you wanna know, and one day maybe you can spout your First Truth .

then, when you can string a set of those truths together, your on your way--taking those first steps towards puberty--and when you begin to "boy-up" and grow a pair, one day--maybe You can become "a real live Bricckhio Boy".

Brickslapped again, you tinhorn amatuer...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Say what you may, but my "I don't Care" trumps all your vitriol and incessant cursing. Try a dictionary with words longer than 4 letters...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

as i mentioned earlier, i would not post that personal/private info (of the scammer), on an open forum:

therefore, i settled on the next best thing--to utilize a independent witness--so i asked shrapnel to act as that witness by giving him a copy of the documentation concerning the work of the detective who resolved the matter--strictly for the benefit of guys like bluecharm99 and stantdm, or any other guy out there who is being scammed, or may one day be scammed--that once in awhile--in this case with leo help--a guy can win one of these...

the post wherein shrapnel acted as a witness (a basic legal procedure--not an attempt at having someone carry my water), was not for your benefit/purpose, for egotistical tinhorn amatuers like yourself can never benefit from truth, no matter how far one shines the light into that void between your ears--Hello in there, anybody home?

while i can be certain a tinhorn amatuer like you could never summon the moxy to email a detective and ask basic essential questions--others still might do so--and i hope they do--though i can't imagine them giving a care.

but you try all you wanna know, and one day maybe you can spout your First Truth .

then, when you can string a set of those truths together, your on your way--taking those first steps towards puberty--and when you begin to "boy-up" and grow a pair, one day--maybe You can become "a real live Bricckhio Boy".

Brickslapped again, you tinhorn amatuer...
And as stated earlier MY correspondence with detective Joann Frescas of the Monterey Park, California police department has completely contradicted your claims. Out of respect for her privacy, I will not post any of that information on an open forum, nor will I dupe anyone into playing a part in any sort of game. You know, like you're doing since you've been caught in a LIE.

I have found the best thing is to reference and deal exclusively in PUBLIC DOCUMENTS. That prevents deceitful little bastards from manipulating stories and conning others into retelling them on their behalf. Does any of that -- ANYTHING AT ALL -- get through the haze of Zoloft and lithium that you're taking?

Your ass just got bitchslapped again, [bleep].

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Say what you may, but my "I don't Care" trumps all your vitriol and incessant cursing. Try a dictionary with words longer than 4 letters...
You've been duped. That's five letters. I would suggest you place a telephone call in the morning to Joann Frescas. Unless you prefer to believe in fairy tales.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Not sure if my post fits this thread anymore, but have decided to make one last post on the original topic. After finally getting in contact with me to give me the customs bs, he then asks what he can do. I suggested giving me back half of the $450, and call it even. Said he would in a few days and ask if I would make a statement here, clearing his name. I responded by saying that would not be a problem, once I receive a Paypal transaction from him. He comes back with , no, no money until I make a post. Only post I'll make is calling him a dirtbag.

I'll cut my loses, call it a lesson learned, and now I'm finished with online deals.

Scumbag.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by bluecharm99
Not sure if my post fits this thread anymore, but have decided to make one last post on the original topic. After finally getting in contact with me to give me the customs bs, he then asks what he can do. I suggested giving me back half of the $450, and call it even. Said he would in a few days and ask if I would make a statement here, clearing his name. I responded by saying that would not be a problem, once I receive a Paypal transaction from him. He comes back with , no, no money until I make a post. Only post I'll make is calling him a dirtbag.

I'll cut my loses, call it a lesson learned, and now I'm finished with online deals.

Scumbag.

All I asked you to do is say what I said on this forum to this point was correct and you would have your money. That's very simple task to ask of someone who wrongfully ran your name through the mud.

My rangefinder was confiscated so we are both out something. Good luck in your

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i've been neutral and silent on this for a while - many others have filled my void of silence with their own "unique" perspective on things, after all - but i am curious about a few things:

WHY was your rangefinder confiscated? that's kind of an odd thing to confiscate. has this happened on a number of other deals you've made?

WHY has this thread turned into a free for all? OP's question was whether anyone had any dealings with a member, and this has become a series of diatribes on the merits of police authority in fraud vs. civil suits.

WHY have we turned to name calling?

longrangehunter80, i don't know you and have no dealings with you. i am a little perplexed at the amount of negative information available at the mention of your name. not good, fella. from reading this, it sounds like you're out a rangefinder and he's out money.....but you are keeping $225. that's still a gain, near as i can tell. either way, a lot of times it's good to remember that where there is smoke, there is fire. unfortunately, there is a lot of smoke attached to your name now. your name being dragged through the mud did not happen overnight.

bluecharm99, i am sorry you've had this experience. don't let one bad experience turn you off from doing any online deals. let it temper your patience instead. i had a bad experience, and i figured i'd try again a while later. that decision netted me two good rifles and a good friend who i still hunt with to this day. keep looking, but keep your BS detector in good working order. and never gift it....insist on meeting and laying hands upon the merchandise if you are able. a lot of times it can mean not only a sale/purchase, but getting to make a new friend. no negatives there.

bricktop, not all agencies are the same. my own agency does a lot with internet fraud. the county next door laughs about it and doesn't do anything at all. you cannot expect that all agencies are the same. it's been my experience that a one time dealing won't lead anywhere, but if there is a history that can be put together, well, that just makes the case something you can work. but again, not all agencies focus on things like this, or even have the experience or knowledge to work it properly.

hi vel, glad your situation worked out ok.

all: filing a police report is not a dead end. there may not be any movement at first. or ever. but a lot of times, that first report can really lead to some connections with other cases that never went anywhere. and besides, if something occurs down the line, that first complaint will be included in the file. no, police agencies are not debt collectors or collection agencies, but they ARE a resource. as technology becomes more of a focus in life, internet schemes are going to be more of a problem. they can be harder to run down, but they can still be dealt with. in the meantime, get to know your contacts, do your homework, and try to meet when possible. there are a few on this site that i'd trust via the net, but they are few and far between, if for no other reason than i haven't gotten to know the rest better. and i know many feel the same way; that's what the internet does. well, that and make it easier for people to become 10 feet tall and bulletproof behind the screen.

seriously fellas, this ain't a 14 year old girl's facebook page. let's act like men and tone it down a bit. this IS the 'fire, after all....

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still clinging bitterly...how about you?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by longrangehunter80
Originally Posted by bluecharm99

Scumbag.

All I asked you to do is say what I said on this forum to this point was correct and you would have your money. That's very simple task to ask of someone who wrongfully ran your name through the mud.

My rangefinder was confiscated so we are both out something. Good luck in your

Wow....

I'm curious as to why the rangefinder was confiscated. Care to share details on that?

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Recon_Jim
seriously fellas, this ain't a 14 year old girl's facebook page. let's act like men and tone it down a bit. this IS the 'fire, after all....

Not a lot of difference some days. whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bricktop, not all agencies are the same. my own agency does a lot with internet fraud. the county next door laughs about it and doesn't do anything at all. you cannot expect that all agencies are the same. it's been my experience that a one time dealing won't lead anywhere, but if there is a history that can be put together, well, that just makes the case something you can work. but again, not all agencies focus on things like this, or even have the experience or knowledge to work it properly.
Post up some specifics if you want your fairy tale believed.

hi vel, glad your situation worked out ok.
It worked out as well as his imagination could spin it.

all: filing a police report is not a dead end.
Actually, IT IS. I'd be happy to revisit the subject with you. I'd also like some specific cases for reference. Because all I've ever seen from this horseshit "law and order crowd" is the kind of horseshit regurgitated from television cop shows. No one can ever prove a damned thing. No one can back up any claim they make. And their responses upon being called into question on their BULLSHIT are nothing more than fight or flight: they raise hell and fight at the thought of being questioned or their lies become more embellished and elaborate with every telling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my area the Police Dept. will barely even investigate real-life burglaries which happen in their jurisdiction.
Several years ago I had 4 guns, a Hoyt bow, a GPS, and my 8 yo daughters motorcycle stolen from my property.
I dutifully reported it to my local PD. They did nothing but take a report. The motorcycle was unique in this area (a GasGas TXT50 Trials bike) so I put up reward posters around town. Got a call in response from a guy who gave me the name of a dirtbag who tried to sell it to him for $200.
SCORE.....I thought! Called the PD with the info and they told me the dirtbag was in their custody on an unrelated charge and that they'd question him as he was well known to them as a thief.
SCORE again......I thought!!
Didn't hear from the PD for a week so I called them back and asked about it. They told me that the dirtbag denied any knowledge of it! I said, of course he denied it as he wasn't likely to confess to another felony. I requested that they go to his home and search it for the bike and they said they wouldn't do that.
Never got the bike back but the PD still sends me a form every year asking if I have recovered any of the stolen property!

My particular PD wouldn't be likely to do anything about an internet fraud case.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
bricktop, i'm not doing this with you. i AM a peace officer, so i am writing this from a position of knowledge, not a random guy posting on the net. i am not your legal researcher, i am not posting specific cases, and i am not debating with you any positions you have. you do not have to believe my fairy tale, that's entirely your choice.

the short answer to your requests is as follows and i quote: "no."

"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak arabic, love music, and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers, and warriors." ~Hunter S. Thompson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bricktop, i'm not doing this with you.
A typical response from the paper assh*les. You can either document the horseshit you claim or you can't. And right now it ain't looking so good for you, sport. If you want credibility, then pony the [bleep] up with some info supporting your position.

i AM a peace officer, so i am writing this from a position of knowledge, not a random guy posting on the net. i am not your legal researcher, i am not posting specific cases, and i am not debating with you any positions you have. you do not have to believe my fairy tale, that's entirely your choice.

the short answer to your requests is as follows and i quote: "no."
I couldn't give a [bleep] if you're the King of Siam. You don't hold dominion over any-[bleep]-body. You made a horseshit claim and I'm asking you to prove it as such. What ever "position of knowledge" you perceive yourself having is obviously one to which you've elevated yourself. Can you or can't you prove anything you've claimed? Yes or no, Barney Fife? I posted up a case -- AN ACTUAL CASE -- of which I have knowledge, but all I see from you is a lot of self-important [bleep] doubletalk from some random dickhead who just painted himself into a corner with some horseshit statements.

You sure as hell didn't expect to be questioned, did you? You thought you'd post this [bleep] I AM THE LAW bullshit and everyone would take you at face value, didn't you? Dumb [bleep].

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Years ago I purchased a 270 on GunsAmerica from a scumbag in LaPorte, Indiana who wouldn't ship the rifle. I thought my $$ was gone but luckily got help when I called the LaPorte PD. The seller must have had a bad rep because they said it wasn't the first time they had to deal with him. Long story short, I received my funds back right away!

Scamming on the classifieds will only get worse and I'm sure some reading this thread may get the impression from our local whack-job that nothing can be done but you'll never know unless you give it a try. In my case, the LaPorte PD came through and saved my a$$. Who knows - maybe the police only help guys that aren't total A-holes?!?! That would sure explain the lack of confidence from our local whack-job! laugh laugh laugh Poor fella..... wink

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
and.....now on ignore. too bad mommy never taught you any manners, bricktop. pretty pathetic.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
See... this is the kinda s&*t that p#$$es me off. Im clearly a new guy on here as you can see by how many posts Ive made but now because of @$$holes like this guy, if I wanted to sell something I couldnt bc of $h*t like this.Not to mention it makes ME wary of buying anything on here. By this guy I mean Longrangehunter80,

Last edited by Squints; 08/19/12.

"No better friend, No worse enemy"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Squints
See... this is the kinda s&*t that p#$$es me off. Im clearly a new guy on here as you can see by how many posts Ive made but now because of @$$holes like this guy, if I wanted to sell something I couldnt bc of $h*t like this.Not to mention it makes ME wary of buying anything on here. By this guy I mean Longrangehunter80,

Don't take it to heart, Squints. 99.9% of the folks on the fire are decent, honest individuals. You have to start somewhere, I've been fortunate and have not had any problems. Remember, anytime you buy or sell on the internet, there is a chance of getting burned, but more often than not, you won't.

JohnP
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wary of giving money to a complete stranger for something that may or may not exist...and that is a bad thing ?

Sounds to me that this thread has achieved its purpose, namely counseling caution.

Ps, and if you do not want to deal with Brick...ignore him....I do not think it will hurt his feelings.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 44 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.