Home
Week or so back a Zippo thread popped up, my dad has a little Zippo side business and I spoke with him briefly about it yesterday. He left for vacation today, but he was thinking we could do a group buy at 30 lighters with a custom logo. Either printer or etched.

At 30 lighters with a Custom Logo I could do them for about 33.00 shipped he thinks. Prices drop down a little bit if we can get 50 interested people.

Not a money maker, but I think it's a neat idea and something I'd be happy to help.

I am not a graphic designer, but if there's an interest for this and someone wants to put a logo together or use the little 24 Hour Campfire.com graphic above (with Ricks permission) I can see what I can get together and a final figure when my father gets back at the end of next week.

Turn around time would be aprox a month.
Pretty good idea. Although not a smoker personally I would be in.
Im in just tell me where to send money......
I'm not a smoker either, but have a few. Usually have one when I go camping.

Let's keep any interest here, vs PM's at the moment. Have 4 people so far, plus myself. So not a bad start...
I'm in . . . . .tell me when and where to send the money.
If they are etched, I'm in for one. Brass would be great.
Les, I can see about Brass

Not sure if the logo would show best etched or painted, etc.?

I was just thinking that etched would last much longer for those of us that would carry it most every day.

When we getting out to try some of those new toys you haven't shot yet?
Not a smoker, but would use it for starting fires when hunting. Count me in, and let me know how much and where to send $.
Originally Posted by Les7603006
I was just thinking that etched would last much longer for those of us that would carry it most every day.

When we getting out to try some of those new toys you haven't shot yet?

Agree..

I've been so stinking busy with work and the house in SD is officially on the market as of today (been going back and forth), been house hunting over this way as well and stressing over that $$$$$ Did find a place with access to a lot of private land though.
Is it important to declare if you are or aren't a smoker?
I personally don't care if someone smokes a carton a day, just as long as it's not in my house or my car.
nonsmoker but I'd be interested in 1 or 2
Originally Posted by Steelhead

My favorite color is horse.
I am in for one maybe two. Let me know when, where, and how much, thanks
Maybe Rick would ok to use the same logo that is on the 24 HR ball cap.

[Linked Image]

Whether you're a smoker

[Linked Image]

or not

[Linked Image]

They make excellent props,

sometimes they can be the focus of starting a good conversation.

From time to time if I'm in a group of guys that haven't heard all my BS, I'll pull out my stainless Zippo and hand it to a guy and ask if he's ever seen a $1,300 Zippo. Well he'll take a good look at this Zippo. Usually he'll say, what' makes that a $1300 zippo. I'll then explain that I had a tenant that would steal anything he could. I managed to let him get a month behind on the rent. I filed for eviction. Once I got him out and came in the trailer, he had rolled up the carpet and padding (did me a favor as it was 6 or 7 years old) and took it. Stole the window units and even took the hot water heater. Only thing left of value in the whole damn trailer was this Zippo lighter. I'll then say, wouldn't you say that was a $1300 lighter. LOL

Count me in!!!

Best,

GWB

I'm in...let us know.......
Oh hell ya I'm in on this! Where do I send money?

I'm not a smoker. It's important to me... and that's all that matters!

I'm in for a Zippo.

donsm70
I`m in . Let me know. Quit the cowboy killers thirty years back but do still enjoy a good pipe once in a while.
Joe
I'll take one, and brass and etched would be my preferences.
I'd buy one.
I'm good for a couple. Maybe as many as 5 or so. I love getting a jump on unique Christmas gifts!! How about we put your moving avatar on the front!! grin

Great idea.

Thanks!

David
I'm in for one!

ETA: and make mine a brass and etched, or whatever the general consensus is from all those here "in the know!"

-John
Originally Posted by TrueAt1stLight
I'm in for one!

ETA: and make mine a brass and etched, or whatever the general consensus is from all those here "in the know!"

-John

I enjoy some wrapped up pipe tobacco from time to time.

I would also vote for something etched etc.

Count me in for two. (I have a twin brother)
Im in.
In for one or two
Looks like we've got enough interest.

I'll get this going as soon as my old man gets back from vacation.
i'am in. let me know when and where to send funds
Count me in for 1 or 2.

P&Y
Count me in for one.

Reno
Cal-I'm in for a brass, etched!
I am in for one, brass and etched is preferred but mot required.
i m in,,,looks like you'll have your hands full when pming everyone,,,thanks
Count me in for one. Brass and etched would be my preference as well.
I am in for one
Brass, etched, for me.
Cal-I'm in for one, maybe two. Keep me posted.
Count me in for two. Brass, etched preferably, but I will go with the flow.
Count me in for one. Brass and etched would be my preference as well.
I'll take one.
Add me to the list for one. Brass and etched sounds like a good choice as well!
cal74,

Looks like you will have no trouble getting firm orders for 30 ++. Rick's logo on top of this forum looks fine with 24 HOUR CAMPFIRE underneath; Subject to his approval of course.
Cost should also cover handling and shipping.Looks financially doable if you can set up a bulk order with individual dispersement.

I'm in.

Tack

I would be interested also, let us know details when you find out. As a side note, Zippos are guaranteed, with a "fix it free" for life. I found one, of all places on a ski hill in the summer during a workout. It looked like it had been run over by something. I sent it back and they sent me a new one, a plain jane but brand new. Pretty good.
Put me in for two
I'll throw in for one to Rick B!!

One of you other guys can buy one for SYSOP! laugh
I'm in as well
I'm in for at least 1, possibly 2 of them.
I'll take one of these myself!!
In
I am in for one
hope it is etched
Hanl
I wanna be impo'ent.

I smoke after sex.
I chew if needed.
I have never carried a zippo.....
and I like girls.

P.S. I'm down, Cal.
I'm in for one
Would these be the butane type flame or traditional flame?
I'm in for one.
cal74,

Looks like you have named commitments for over 50 to date. Hope it works out for brass and etched.
Put me in for two. Sure as hell I'll lose one. smile

Brass/ethched would be nice, but makes no difference.
Yep, I am in for 2 Brass etched
Who wants to do the graphic work?

I'll give this until the next week for a rough final count and plan on getting a few extra.

My dads in the Dominican Republic till next Friday. Didn't think I'd get this much response.

Looks like brass etched is the way to go.
Pretty cool huh? I'm no graphics designer but I believe a certain respected little lady round these parts is.
Just need someone to tweak the logo on here to fit the lighter. I don't have anything for graphic software.
Count me in for one. Along with many others, brass etched is my preference.
Ill take a couple.

Never smoked in my life, but have 50 or more zipps.

Lmk whats next and when.

Regards,
Joseph
I'll take one. Etched brass sounds good.
Put me down for two.

P
Ill take one
cal74, not sure you added me from my zippo thread. didnt see this thread, been awful sick. Count me for 1, but please message me details. I log in everyday, but sometimes dont stay on long and forget what im after if im not feeling well. Thanks

Todd
Originally Posted by cal74
Just need someone to tweak the logo on here to fit the lighter. I don't have anything for graphic software.

something like this?...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Not a smoker, but please count me in for 1 lighter.

Brass etched preferred.
I wish a real artist would show up, cause I suck grin

[Linked Image]
I'm in for at least 1. Someone PM me when they are ready to be paid.
Looking at aprox 60 (will plan on getting 10 extra or so), anyone have any problems/complaints with the design that pahick did? Any tweaks? If possible, what about 223ai on the top?

Should be able to start and get this moving in aprox a weeks time. Once I get a firm price quote and estimate on time, I'll start contacting people for some funds.

Hope everyone's weekend is going well,

Cal
Looks great to me.

What does 223AI mean?
Please change mine from two to four
thanks
I was already in for one, but I will take two.

Thanks. donsm70
I'll take one. hunter718
Hey Rick B!!!! You seeing this? You up for supplying us with a .gif or jpeg file of your logo? We'll give you a lighter.

pahick did a good job but he thinks he sucks. I don't. grin

Thanks!!
[quote=What does 223AI mean?[/quote]

It means some folks won't buy them.
Originally Posted by byc
Hey Rick B!!!! You seeing this? You up for supplying us with a .gif or jpeg file of your logo? We'll give you a lighter.

pahick did a good job but he thinks he sucks. I don't. grin

Thanks!!

Thanks laugh Them Zippo folks might have a better idea for layout/font.
I'm in for one if it's not too late! Let me know when things get finalized and when/where to send the money.
No 223ai for mine.
I would like to have 2.

PM when ready to go.

Thanks for doing this. laugh
Have 4 people so far, plus myself. So not a bad start...

Dang Cal---you created a monster. Nice going. I bet you wind up with close to well over a hundred takers before all's said and done. cool
Please put me down for 2 if its not too late. Please message me with payment details. Thank you.
Originally Posted by byc
Have 4 people so far, plus myself. So not a bad start...

Dang Cal---you created a monster. Nice going. I bet you wind up with close to well over a hundred takers before all's said and done. cool

Yes, I was hoping for the 30 minimum order and didn't think it'd reach this in a short week. I knew my dad was going to be outta town for two weeks and thought I'd start to get an idea.

ps: And I'll nix the .223 ai idea, was just a thought
Change my order from one to two.
Originally Posted by splattermatic
No 223ai for mine.

I could certainly live without the 223AI on my two.

donsm70
I'll take two.
Jerry/AK
I'm in for One, but no 223ai on mine

Thanks
I am in for 2.
I'm in for 3.
No PM's please, box is getting full. To those of you who have, I'll get you marked down when the time comes.

Hope everyone had a good Sunday
I'm good for one, thanks.
I would like one also.
No 223AI on mine please.
When the time comes, let me know the when & where.
Thanks.
Jim
I keep waiting on someone to actually request 223AI on their lighter. TFF! laugh
I'm in for at least one, maybe 2. Let me know
Just keep us posted on when and where to send the money to. I'm going to be in for two.
Cal---you're going to need some help. My company is in the outsourcing business. For a million bucks we can manage this project for you! wink

Seriously, happy to help if needed.

David
I'll take one as well, let us know. Thanks Butch
I'll take two if possible.
Dave,

Thanks for the offer of some help, might take you up on it, especially since I'm planning to get rich off of this deal wink. (Not)

Keep em coming, I'll close it down next weekend.
Please put me down for two. Thanks.
I'll take one.
Me too... I'll take one, thanks.
Ok,I just came to...put me down for one!
I will take 2.
Cool idea, thanks for organizing!

I'm in for 1.
Back to the top for anyone else interested, hope to get this going in the next few days.
I would like a pair but I dont want the 223 or the writing. Just the fire if possible.
Put me down for one.
Originally Posted by micky
I would like a pair but I dont want the 223 or the writing. Just the fire if possible.

Lighters will have the campfire logo and 24 hour campfire below the logo. Design was a page or two back.

There will be no customization beyond that or any further writing, I'm planning on it being etched brass as well.
Woo hoo! When will they be available and how shall you be paid???

-John
i will take one also.

-John

I'll get the final details and lock down the price by the first part of next week, my old man is supposed to be back in town from the Caribbean tomorrow and I'll get on him to get this rolling early next week (he's a zippo rep, little side gig he has).

Once I know all the details, I'll let everyone know and to get some money headed my way. Turn around time I guess is usually just a couple of weeks.
Originally Posted by micky

Lighters will have the campfire logo and 24 hour campfire below the logo. Design was a page or two back.

There will be no customization beyond that or any further writing, I'm planning on it being etched brass as well.

Good to know Cal. I'm looking forward to the two that I ordered.

donsm70
I'll take two.

Thanks.
I'll take one please.
And thanks for this Great idea.
Les

-John

I'll get the final details and lock down the price by the first part of next week, my old man is supposed to be back in town from the Caribbean tomorrow and I'll get on him to get this rolling early next week (he's a zippo rep, little side gig he has).

Once I know all the details, I'll let everyone know and to get some money headed my way. Turn around time I guess is usually just a couple of weeks.

Paypal is easy and the Family transfer option is free.

P
I'll take one.

Greg
Deleted post.
like i said the first time yah mentioned i want one......gonna be traveling a bit so may not be checking the fire daily so please shoot me a pm when i need to send the money and ill get the cash fired off, i know ill forget to watch this thread or for a new one to pop up saying they are ready....
Holy crap, didn't see this till today.

Please put me in for two if I'm not too late.
Cal you sure got some of 'em all spun up over the 223ai inscription huh?

Touche'....still LMAO at that one.
Originally Posted by byc
Cal you sure got some of 'em all spun up over the 223ai inscription huh?

Touche'....still LMAO at that one.

I guess laugh I thought it would be quite humorous and an inside joke, so maybe a GFY instead on the opposite side wink

I'm just JOKING people, do not respond with "I don't want this or that" It will just be the logo and 24hourcampfire. Really hopeful I can get the brass etched.
I want the GFY version maybe two!!
I will take 2 of them when you get around to putting it together sir.

Mark
I am excited that so many people want a Zippo with a Campfire logo, and I would love to have one as well.

However, I need for this entire process to be taken a couple of steps back and for proper protocol to be followed, for a variety of reasons, mostly legal, but also in order to set the proper precedent moving forward.

Let me be clear: The Campfire logo is intellectual property which I value and which I protect. I have turned down numerous similar projects, and it should not go unsaid that I am quite aware that I could contract the production of all kinds of Campfire-themed stuff, from Zippos, to mugs, to T-Shirts, to pens, etc., etc. I turned down a partnership offer just last SHOT Show with a big memorabilia company that would put up all the capital to produce, publicize, sell, and ship the gear, and we would split profits. All I had to do was sign and provide artwork. The Campfire logo had that value to them. I have my reasons for leaving that deal on the table at the time.

So, that said, I think Zippos with a Campfire logo would be cool, and based upon the response from members, I do not want to throw a wet blanket on the party.

So, here is what I propose:

1] I will grant a one-time license to Cal's company to use the 24hourcampfire logo solely to make a limited run of Zippo lighters with the Campfire logo, provided that my art department/graphic design people approve a final prototype of the logo usage on a product sample, and provided that I think the price including shipping is fair to all.

2] Upon those approvals, Cal's company will assume all production, shipping, return, and miscellaneous costs, and will reap all profits and assume all losses from the sale of the Zippo lighters. I am sure these will be awesome, and an awesome deal, but before I can give the OK to distribute, quality of the artwork and price need to be approved, and conditions under which license to use the logo is granted must be agreed to.

3] The production run will be limited to those people who express interest on this thread, and on this thread only, by May 18, 2014, and the license to use the logo is limited to this run of Zippos, and this run only. No further licensing of the 24hourcampfire logo or any other 24hourcampfire intellectual property beyond this limited run of Zippos is contemplated nor granted, to any party, for any reason. No publicity rights for the Zippos with the 24hourcampfire logo are granted, outside of this thread.

THIS IS A ONE AND DONE DEAL!

4] As full compensation for the one-time right to use the Campfire logo on this single, limited run, of Zippo lighters, which number will be finalized before production, 24hourcampfire will require as full compensation 2 [TWO] finished lighters, beyond any prototypes sent for approval.

5] Cal's company will be the manufacturing and selling entity, and will handle all billing, shipping, and if any, all warranty returns, complaints, problems, and will assume any and all liability for any and all damages these Zippo lighters may cause. In short, you are buying from Cal, not from 24hourcampfire.com, Inc., To Cal's company goes the glory, the profits or losses, all liability, all complaints, and all kudos. 24hourcampfire.com, Inc., provides no warranties, either express or implied, as to these Zippo lighters. All I would be doing is granting a license to use the 24hourcampfire logo as artwork.

24hourcampfire.com, Inc.'s sole involvement in this deal is to license the use of the 24hourcampfire logo for this limited run of Zippo lighters in exchange for two finished lighters.

It bears repeating: This is a one-and-done deal.

After this one limited run of Zippos, all rights for the use of the 24hourcampfire.com logo, trademark, and all intellectual property associated with 24hourcampfire.com are retained by 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. for its sole and exclusive use.
On the other hand, you could all send me a big GFY by producing instead a run of lighters with a big "GFY." grin

But then you'd have Travis to deal with. cry
Thanks Rick, and I think we all respect your need to protect yourself and the 'fire.
Jerry/AK
I will take one if the deal goes through
Thank you Rick.
Ahhh, now they'll be collector's items. I'll take 2. Campfire on one side and Good For You on the other.
Im changing my order to 2. (two).
Both brass, etched.
I would like 1 (one) with GFY on it as well.
Id be in for one as well.
Class act, Rick... the lighter are not a biggie in the overall scheme of things but... well played sir.
Yes thanks Rick, I contacted Rick a day or two ago to make sure this was OK. Should have done it sooner and for that I apologize.

But regardless, we'll be moving forward.... laugh

I spoke with my father briefly yesterday am (he's back from vacation). We'll be able to these in Brass etched, he'll check on pricing first thing this week.

I'm hopeful to keep them priced at 35.00 shipped for the first one and any additional ones up to 5 will be an additional 30.00 each.

If you go to Zippo's website you can do a printed one on chrome for 45.00, plus shipping I believe. I'm not intending to profit from this, but will provide the two lighters to Rick.

As soon as pricing is worked out and the logo provided by Rick I'll get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone and thanks again Rick, I'm personally looking forward to seeing the results.

Originally Posted by byc
I'll throw in for one to Rick B!!
One of you other guys can buy one for SYSOP! laugh

Originally Posted by RickBin
24hourcampfire.com, Inc.'s sole involvement in this deal is to license the use of the 24hourcampfire logo for this limited run of Zippo lighters in exchange for two finished lighters.

Cal--on 4-30 I committed to fund one for Rick and I am still good for that funding. However, as stated above mean ole SYSOP has to buy his own. Got that Flave?

Class move Rick and udaman Cal!!

David
Count me in for one, would love the GFY as well.

Thanks,

Clyde
Cal, I had PM'ed you earlier putting my name in for two (2). Given that this thread is the official manifest, I'm still in for two (2).

Thanks to you and Rick B.
Now that this train seems to be on the right track and rolling, increase my requested order to three brass etched and if the "Good For You" embellishment is approved, I'd like one of the three to bear the tasteful abbreviation for that well intentioned admonition.
I'll take one with 24hr on one side and hopefully GFY on the other side.
I will take one with 24hr on one side and GFY on the other side.
I suspect that like 223AI, GFY was said in jest... I certainly hope so.
Originally Posted by GunGeezer

YES it was

BUT, if there's enough interest in just a GFY inscription we could make that happen wink
I will take one with 24hr on one side and GFY on the other side.
I was down for one If possible I would like another for a family member So I would like a total of two if possible

Thanks to the big guy (Rick) for his blessing

Hank
Originally Posted by GunGeezer

YES it was

BUT, if there's enough interest in just a GFY inscription we could make that happen wink

Actually from reading snippets of the thread I thought the Good For You abbreviation was a done deal for one side. Thus my highlights. Without is certainly OK. Now if JB would approve Rifle Looney on the other side that's another matter. Oh Yeah!!

edit: I'll even contribute $10 for each lighter to Rifles & Recipes as I'm sure others would be glad to do.
The lighters will only be engraved on one
side and for the final & last time that will be the campfire logo and signature that Rick approves and provides.

After and only after this run of lighters is complete will there be any consideration of another group by.

But this will be the first and only run that will be affiliated with the campfire logo.

End of story.....
OHHHH KAY......
I still want 2 (two)......
Please put me down for two. Let me know how you want the payment and thanks for setting this up.
I had put an order in for 1 or 2 earlier. I am confirming that I would like 2.
Put me down for 1 brass etched. Let me know when and where to send the funds.
I'll take 2....
I'll take two. Thank you for making this happen.
I am in for one when the time comes.
I had put an order in for 1 earlier. I am confirming that I would like 2. Thanks hunter718
Confirming that I want 1 etched.
My paypal is
[email protected]
Originally Posted by bcraig
Yep, I am in for 2 Brass etched

Still up for 2 ,let me know when ready for Payment.
Got the final word from my father, will be polished brass and etched.

35.00 shipped for the first one and 30 for each additional one up to 5.

Waiting for the waiver release from Rick and his final logo image.

Home sick and just starting to join the living but will start contacting people to get the funds rolling in so I can place the order. Should be about two weeks after I place the order that I can start shipping.

Thanks

Cal
Put me down for one also Cal and a big thank you to you, your dad and Rick!
I will take one.
I will take one too.
I'm going to start contacting people with directions for funds and a final commitment on the number wanted, will start on page one and work my way down as time permits.

I've had enough transactions on here and know enough people in person that I hope nobody has a problem sending funds and waiting a few weeks.

I'm not making much on this deal and want to cover at least half the order before I place it.

Originally Posted by Les7603006
If they are etched, I'm in for one. Brass would be great.

Put me in for 3. I have 2 boys that will need a fire starter.
I think I've PM'd everyone that's expressed interest, if I've missed you or you want in please PM me with the qty wanted.

This has gotten way bigger than I ever anticipated but looking forward to getting them sent out and being able to give something back to the many good people here on the fire.

Thanks again Rick for the blessing and hosting this Campfire site in general. This site has cost me a small fortune and I never realized I needed so many different rifles until I stumbled upon this place five years ago wink

Like many others I have made several lasting friendships that started from here on the fire. Hard to put a price on that.
Thanks Cal for doing this, these will certainly be a collector Zippo for sure.

smile
Back in SD for the weekend. On my phone with crappy service.

Thanks for all the timely responses, get your orders in with the qty via pm if I haven't already contacted you.

Group buy closes at midnight Sunday May, 18th.

Snooze ya loose.....

I will respond to any questions when I am able over the next couple of days.

For those I pm'd if I receive no response back by end of day Sunday, chances are you'll be out.
I sent a PM this morning at 9 a.m. asking for two.
Thanks a bunch, hope SD is nice to you.
I'm taking my 3.5 year old daughter camping for the beginnings of a great tradition of father daughter camping trips.
Paid!!

Thanks Cal.
Thanks guys, I'll go through my PM's Once I get to a Wi-Fi signal
Back up, still on my phone but will have computer access tonight and will get through my PM's.

One more day and this will be closed.
Think I responded to everyone at this point, couple people getting anxious already.

I have four pages at present of PM's and again this will be at least 3 weeks. Rick & I have been in contact and I hope to get the order placed this week.

Zippo will send a proof sample for inspection I believe and shortly after that with approval they'll be arriving for delivery, which will take me a few days. I have had a couple offers for help and might take them up on that.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend,

Cal
Hopefully I am still in time. It is only May 17. Please put me down for two and send me info on when and where to pay. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Think I responded to everyone at this point, couple people getting anxious already.

I have four pages at present of PM's and again this will be at least 3 weeks. Rick & I have been in contact and I hope to get the order placed this week.

Zippo will send a proof sample for inspection I believe and shortly after that with approval they'll be arriving for delivery, which will take me a few days. I have had a couple offers for help and might take them up on that.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend,

Thanks for the update Cal. You guys getting anxious already give it a rest and allow the man to do his work. He took on a big task as a favor to all of us and definitely doesn't need undeserved pressure.

I also believe he set proper expectations from the start.
Final count down till this is done.
I don't want to order one but from previous experience there usually ends up being a few "unclaimed". If this happens I would like to be on a list to get one if this is possible. Thanks, Tmax264
Can we get them personalized?
I'd like one that says GFY S'head.
Cal, just sent you a pm with a request for two along with all my contact info. Thanks for all your efforts in pulling this together and thanks to Rick for allowing it to happen.

Greg
Cal,
Can't believe I missed this till now. PM sent. Count me in for 1.
Thanks for putting this together!
Originally Posted by ga whitetail
Cal, just sent you a pm with a request for two along with all my contact info. Thanks for all your efforts in pulling this together and thanks to Rick for allowing it to happen.

Greg

You're welcome

Originally Posted by Jed 1899
Can we get them personalized?
I'd like one that says GFY S'head.

As stated before, this will be only the 24 hour logo (campfire image) and 24 Hour Campfire below it in some fashion. Will be a one time run of these.

With Ricks blessing I'm hopeful to get these off to the press on Tuesday. I will be tallying up the final count tomorrow evening. Just got home from a six hour drive and I'm shot.
Hey am I too late? I just noticed this. If not count me in for one.
If its not too late I'll take one as well
Thanks
Final count is 147 with my 3 and the 2 for Rick

As soon as I get the image it'll be off to the press

Thanks for the timely response from so many of you. Lots of work so far on my end and even more so ahead but looking forward to seeing the results.
Cal, if it is not too late, I would like one too. Please let me me know by PM or a post here.

Thanks. Sean
I'll take one also, if it's not too late.
Put me down for one (1) if its not too late. PM sent with contact information.
I'm in if not too late!
Per Ricks instructions, the buy ended on Sunday. I will have a few extras but that will have to be approved by Rick.

I'm waiting on the final/last go ahead from Rick right now for his image proof.

Really hopeful to get the order submitted ASAP
ATTENTION.....

Need user names for the following people, I've received either PP or checks/MO for your lighters and trying to put some order to the madness.

Bill Henderson
Colin Taff

Brian Chow
Lewis Morgan
Gregory Luce

Mitchell Turk
Mark Wendling
Jack Fickes
Todd Harman

If by some chance you haven't sent payment yet please put your user name with your payment.

Thank you
If you're named above, please just respond via the original PM
Marked a few off the above list, but now looking for

Dean Hanson
Mark Shunatona

There's still 30+ people I'm waiting on payment from, so if you're one of those PLEASE let me know the status.

I'm still waiting on the final image so I can get this off to Zippo.
Well boys, I apologize as I had hoped to get this order placed this week.

Until I get the image my hands are tied. I really don't like sitting on everyone's funds and not being able to do anything. I hope everyone understands.

Have a good Holiday Weekend...
No rush as far as I'm concerned pard. Good on ya for organizing such a monstrous order.

Enjoy the Holiday.

Dale
No rush...it'll come together.
I am awaiting artwork, gents. As I stated earlier, we got ahead of ourselves here.
Thanks to Rick and Cal. No apologies necessary.

donsm70
Well boys, I apologize as I had hoped to get this order placed this week.

Until I get the image my hands are tied. I really don't like sitting on everyone's funds and not being able to do anything. I hope everyone understands.

Have a good Holiday Weekend...

No hurry here Cal, just don't buy to many lap dances this weekend. grin
Hell I don't care you can use mine for a lap dance

Thanks no rush get it together and done right
Just please don't let one of mine touch Dan's lap dancers because I can only imagine. laugh

You're doing a great job Cal and have our support.

Thanks to you as well Rick. I have the cost for one of yours covered.

David
Graphic Designer here. If I get a free zippo, I'll make the image(s) for yah smile
Folks, just a suggestion, but how about we all chip in at least $5 per lighter just to help cover incidentals or units for designers (grin) or whatever. I'll be sending another 10 bucks for my two anyway. FWIW
Thanks and donations wouldn't be turned down wink but aren't needed.

Lots bigger task than anticipated, but coming along.

Hope to get them submitted this week. Rick and I exchanged some info this weekend.

Shouldn't be long....
I can do it for free, also smile

If Rick or cal needs any help w/ the image manipulation or mocking things up for the manufacturer, let me know. I'm a photoshop / illustrator wizard.
I'd be interested
I'm going to be a Zippo Nazi if I ever do this again

NAME & USER NAME

I've spent hours trying to figure out who's who, with that said...

Who is Lewis Lead ???
++++UPDATE++++

Got the image & waiver from Rick

I need to provide Rick a final count, if it's OK with everyone I am leaving town tomorrow afternoon for the North Shore (MN).

Will be back on Monday and see how many proverbial checks show up in the mail as I'm waiting on the payment of about 20 lighters as of yet.

If I have not received payment in the mail or paypal +3% by Monday you're out. I will not be able to order any extra, so I have to be accurate in my count and I'm not making enough on this to eat the price of a dozen or so lighters.

I know a few people personally/locally, so don't worry about this if you're one of those (that accounts for five lighters).

I will (Zippo) be providing Rick with a sample for his approval, aprox (1-3 weeks) and upon that approval the order will ship and I'll be doing batches each day until all have been shipped.

Thanks everyone, been a bit frustrating trying to sort 90+ peoples names/user names out but enjoyable as well in a way.
Have a great time on the North Shore. The weather should be perfect. Split Rock and Temperence River are some of my favorite places on earth.

Dean
Good job Cal and appreciate the update. Have fun at the shore.

Thanks Rick!

David
Thanks guys, I grew up near Duluth and spent many weekends as a child up near Lutsen at a family shack and other friends cabins.

Haven't been up past Two Harbors in 22 years, so looking forward to going. Tomorrow night in Duluth, than a couple days at Lutsen.

Hope to find the old place, explore a few rivers and relive some fond memories. Sunday back to Duluth, hoping to meet up with my uncle for a drink and continue to try and talk him out of a 1892 25-20 that's been in my family for over a 100 years and is in excellent condition.

I've been working on him for that for YEARS now, he's promised it to me but I'm hoping to get it sooner rather than later.
Pm sent.
Think you guys are going to like the logo Rick provided, looks good.

We get a sneak preview or is this gonna be a surprise laugh
Originally Posted by pahick

Think we'll make you wait...

Think we'll make you wait...

I get stomach aches when I cant open presents on Christmas Eve...this is gonna kill me grin
I get stomach aches when I cant open presents on Christmas Eve...this is gonna kill me grin

laugh
+++++Another Updated+++++

Back from vacation a day early, got to spend a couple nice days away before the weather turned to crap and the girlfriend tried to cripple me.

She place a rocking chair in the wrong spot in our cabin and I ran my foot into it. Hurt like heck, but didn't think much of it until I woke up to a foot that was 2x it's normal size. Still have a huge knot, but at least able to get my shoe on today.

Anyways....

Image was sent to Zippo last week, so the ball is rolling on that end.

Few more payments in and if I haven't received payment by tomorrow end of day or heard anything from the last few remaining you're out.

Hope everyones weekend was good,

Cal
What's the total?
Alright, how much are they and what do they look like? I know I'm a little late to the party. Just looking for information. Thanks for your time.
What's the total?

Between a few more myself and Rick it should be about 150 plus or minus a couple. Not bad, especially thinking I was worried about getting 30 for an order.
I would defiantly be in for 1 or 2
Any way to put a decoder in so we can show our zippo decoders for secret cf member only meetings?
Any way to put a decoder in so we can show our zippo decoders for secret cf member only meetings?

I'll have to look into that wink

Order placed (146 lighters bought/paid for plus 3 for me and a pair for Rick) and I'm expecting (hoping) for the prototype image from Zippo this week.

All depends on how busy they are, but once we have that it should be 1-3 weeks before I receive them and start shipping.

Starting to have a few people wondering if I've cashed their checks yet (I have not). I'm waiting until I actually have the final and last go ahead from Rick (his approval on the lighter itself) before I cash/deposit anything and than have to pay for them.

I apologize if I have not gotten back to anyone, but I have tried to notify everyone that I've received payment from (5 pages of PM's worth).

Back up - Please see above statement
My dad is meeting with the zippo rep on Tuesday. Should have a proof image for Ricks approval and to move into production soon.

Please see two posts above for further clarrification.
My dad met with the rep yesterday, he said the image was good and shouldn't be an issue. Prototype image was not available as of yet, should be soon (this week or early next week we were told). I will forward that to Rick for final approval and we should be good.

I guess they (Zippo) are busier than normal, but any custom orders are supposed to ship before they shut down for the 4th.

I apologize for the delay, people who paid with paypal/mo have obviously been charged. Those who paid with check I have not cashed those yet, haven't cashed the MO's yet either. Waiting until I have to pay and than I will do so.

Thanks for your patience, we should have a finished product soon.
Not going quite as quick as I had hoped, but my dad spoke with Zippo again on Friday. They're still expecting shipment by the end of the month, but the prototype graphic on their end still hasn't been made.

I need to get that to Rick for the final go ahead. Should be soon now....

Hope everyone had a good weekend,

Cal
Thanks for the update and for all the trouble you've gone to to make this happen.

Personally, I'm in no hurry for mine.
Cal,

We need to break ours in together on the back deck...with a couple Back Woods, and a couple Silver Bullets.

That's an invite. Bring the GF.

I'm a fellow Minnesotan- how do I get an invite to that??? I'll bring the stogies!

-John
Al, I'll take you up on that... Gotta give you a call one of these evenings. Life's been CRAZY the last month and won't get much better until August.

BUT, I'll be living in Apple Valley for a few weeks in July and will swing over.

Well boys, got some good news...

Image prototype is in and looks good. Will forward it to Rick this evening and if approved we should be in the home stretch.
Image was just submitted to Rick, so hopefully he's around to approve it and they should ship by the end of next week to me.
Looking forward to getting mine!

I've a backlog of good stogies that need to be lit.

Best,

GWB
Brass-etched approved.
Hot Dayamn!
New lighter to be broke in firing up a stogie!
Hot Dayamn!
New lighter to be broke in firing up a stogie!

Yup,

[Linked Image]

and more on the way in.......

Best,

GWB
Order will go out in the AM, with luck they'll be on their way by the end of next week.

The week of the 4th I'll be moving from my SD place as well as my Red Wing place into storage (homeless the Month of July until I close on my new place) but in the evenings if I have them that week I'll start shipping each evening starting with the paypal orders first (easy shipping labels) and working my way through everyone.

I'll make an update when I have them in my hands.
Woo hoo! Can't wait to get the lighter in my grimey little hands!!!

Thanks again,

John
Any day now, Zippo is closed down next week so keeping my fingers crossed to get them this week yet???

On other news (and I'm not going to call anyone out) but I received a rubber check. If it was you, please get a hold of me and make it right. I got dinged 4.00 bucks, plus the check amount.
Any one that can't write a good check for 40 bucks should be banned from here.
Pretty sure mine cleared, showed deposited 6/21 or so, let us know if we need to step up for the check bouncer so cal74 doesn't eat it, I'll chip in a few bucks if needed.
It's been resolved, individual came forward. Chit happens

I deposited so many checks, mainly for 35.00 I wasn't sure which was bad.

Regardless thanks JonS, there are a few people waiting for any extras (which we shouldn't have) so not the end of the world.

150 bubble mailers arrived today, so things are lined up.

Cal,
If you do have any extras, I'll take another one. No big deal if you don't though.
Cal, missed this thread earlier. Please put me down for 2 brass etched, if any still available. Thanks for your diligence. I can see it's been a labor of love for you.

I can do USPS money order, PayPal, whatever you need.
Good News & Bad News

Good News - Order is expected this coming week

Bad News - I leave for vacation this coming Sat.

If I get them in by Wed - I should get some out on Thursday/Friday

Hope everyone has had a good Holiday Weekend
Enjoy your vacation and thanks again. I would hope that nobody needs a lighter THAT bad!

donsm70
I will take one if you have any extra..
Let me know
Cool and thanks again. have a good vacation
Any updates? Still on vacation?
Any updates? Still on vacation?

YES, I'm sitting in a lodge at Cass Lake MN. Did quite well this morning on some Walleyes, windier than heck out though right now so probably won't be going out again this evening for them (morning bite is better here anyways).

Will be heading back tomorrow and hope to have a package waiting for me. If I do, I'll be starting to package them on Sunday and throughout the week.
Do we get a Walleye Filet with our order? Hope you had a great week and bring home a mess of fish!
Sorry, no filets... wink

Did very well the last few days though and limited out today in 65 minutes, while throwing back 10-12 in that same time span. Had 3 in the boat in the first five minutes.

Disappointed when I got to my temporary residence, NO ZIPPOS.. Will get tracking info come Monday. I was hoping to start getting some packaged up tomorrow.
Hey I paid instantly through PayPal.... I think i deserve some fresh filets!
Crayfish? Do you have to have a crabbing license too?

Didn't take any pics, sorry

I've only got a 16' boat and the first night out you could see the rain clouds coming in on the N/W side of the lake. We thought we'd better head closer to the lodge just in case.

Wasn't 3-4 minutes into the ride and we got hit, damn near like "Gilligans isle". Both the other guys in the boat were ducked down, as well as myself steering with one hand going into the wind. I had to put my sun glasses on and I still couldn't see I was getting pelted so hard.

For a small boat, my boat handles the rough stuff pretty well but you get soaked and with the driving wind/rain the only way we could have been wetter was if we would have jumped in the lake.

Windy a few other days, but the last two mornings were pretty darn good. Yesterday morning in paid to be out early. I had two old guys and one of their wives basically 50 feet from my boat trying to get in on my action. 16 thousand acres and they had to be on top of me.

I was pulling in fish and they weren't doing a thing laugh

ps: I can't tell you how many cray fish we were catching. At first it was somewhat of a shocker, by the end of the week I could tell when I had one on just like a fish bite. Big old things that would grab onto your worm and refuse to let go after you pulled them up. Became almost comical...
GOOD NEWS...

The zippos have arrived and they look great. I'll start on the paypal orders tomorrow and Thursday. Should be able to finish those up fairly quickly as the labels will print automatically. The rest will have to wait a few more days unfortunately.

Closing on my new place Friday and moving Friday evening/Sat and the majority of my things are being delivered on Monday so I'll plug away here and there as time permits.

I'll post a pic tomorrow
Cal, Very cool. Thank you.

Greg
thanks for the update sir

Mark
Very cool!

Quicker than waiting for a McMillan! whistle
Man, I need a raise. Just spend the last 1 1/2 hours filling orders.

27 going out tomorrow, hope to finish the rest of the paypal orders tomorrow and as mentioned I'll plug away on the other orders starting next week as time permits with the new house.

Sac - That statement makes me feel better, as I feel bad about the time frame but in the grand scheme of things it's been about 6 weeks I guess, so not all that bad.

And for the Season Finale
[Linked Image][size:14pt][/size]
Looks great!!! Thanks for all you have done!

I got my tracking number via e mail, looking forward to getting it.
Any extras?
Originally Posted by Claybirds
Any extras?

I don't believe so
Well if for some odd reason you do, please get ahold of me.
Mailman just dropped mine off this morning. Great looking lighter, and the emblem is well done. Thanks for he great deal, and all your effort!
Originally Posted by Big C
Mailman just dropped mine off this morning. Great looking lighter, and the emblem is well done. Thanks for he great deal, and all your effort!

Glad they're starting to hit the mail boxes and even happier we've got at least one happy customer laugh

Damn computer/printer problems only let me print one label on Thursday night so only one went out yesterday.

I just un-packed my good printer and hope to get a few more on their way tomorrow as I also un-pack and get somewhat settled into the new place.
My 3 have been delivered......I get to check them out in a few hours. Thanks for all your hard work on these.
Got mine today, looks great!!!! Thanks for all you did

I received my lighters today. They look awesome! Thanks Cal!
Got mine! Thanks
Got mine,looks great.

Thanks Cal!
Got mine yesterday and it looks awesome!!! It's full of fluid and the test run is complete. Thanks Cal!!!!

Reno
Mine came in yesterday, look great!
We will enjoy them very much.
Thanks for making this happen.

Bob.
Hot damn! That looks great! Can't wait for mine to arrive! Thanks again for all your hard work on this!!!

-John
20 more will be on their way tomorrow
Can't wait to try mine, out, as I've been using the cheap Bic Mini disposable lighters for the last 30 years. I used a Zippo in my early 20's when I was working as a welder on oil field rigs. One thing I remember was that I would occasionally over fill my Zippo and it would leak into my pocket and the lighter fluid would burn a red welp on my leg.
That being said, I haven't bought any Lighter Fluid or Flints in 30 years so I was wondering what some of you knowledgeable Zippo user's would recommend ???

And many thanks to Cal74 for putting this deal together and all his hard work!!!
And I'm waiting patiently for mine to arrive, Cal. No hurry.
I truly am sorry for the delays, getting requests (have mine shipped yet, etc.) Right now I don't have time to wade through what I've shipped and what hasn't and than to filter a user name to a real name (don't know where my book is).

Please respect that I've been working 50+ hour weeks as well as moving from my house in SD, my rental in Red Wing to my new house and have been a wee bit busy.

By the end of the weekend I should have the majority of them out or ready to go out.

If you haven't received yours in a couple of weeks from now, than please contact me so I can do some reverse research and look through the list I've been keeping.

Another 30 going out in the AM, should have them about wrapped up and ready for shipment by Monday.

Looking for Eddie Cook & Donald Shrawder - Need their addresses
PM sent.

Don
Sometimes things become more complicated simply by "life". Thanks for the update. Keep pluggin' away.
Got mine, looks great
Just got'm. Very cool. Much more elegant then I was expecting.
Great job Cal.
Got mine today. They look even better than the photos.

Many thanks to Rick for the OK and especially to Cal for all the work.
Cal,

Got mine today and it's one BAMF!!!! Thank you so much for doing this for us!

-John
... and as an aside to my post above, I'm so enamored with my lighter that I'd like to offer Cal a tip. Cal: Please let us know how we may send a little cash your way via PayPal gift!

Thanks again,

John
... and as an aside to my post above, I'm so enamored with my lighter that I'd like to offer Cal a tip. Cal: Please let us know how we may send a little cash your way via PayPal gift!

Thanks again,

John

Thanks, but it's OK unless you want to send me a bunch wink

Buy me a beer sometime or I'd more than likely take most up on an offer to go hunting/fishing sometime.

My life hopefully will be slowing down somewhat now that I'm getting settled into the new place and for the first time in 18 months can start to relax.

40 more will be going out in the AM and we're on the home stretch.

PS: Still looking for Eddie Cook - Paid via paypal for 2 but no address??
Alright buddy- PM me, Cal, for pheasant hunting behind my GSP this fall if you're interested!

-John
Coues hunt in Az is always on the table.
Got mine Thursday, thanks!

P
Got mine today, First Class! Thanks to Cal, Cal's dad, and Rick for making this happen.
Received mine today, thanks.
Got mine today,
Haven,t tried either one yet but they look good !

Originally Posted by lightning
Got mine today, First Class! Thanks to Cal, Cal's dad, and Rick for making this happen.

Received mine today - ditto to above!
got mine
I didn't get any more labeled yesterday, but will get some done as soon as supper is through.
Received mine today, looks great.
Well.... I'm down to just a couple left. Still looking for Eddie Bo and I've got an envelope with no name on it with x2 in my writing on it.

SO... In order to find Eddie and homes for the last two I'll have to start going through my ship list and pm's to find the missing puzzle pieces.

I'll have one extra I believe and there's probably 20 people on a waiting list.

Once I'm sure I have everyone, I may auction it off if that sounds reasonable to everyone? I don't see the auction site on here any longer (I know it wasn't popular).

And with that being said, in a few months come Nov/Dec if there's enough interest in doing another buy of some sort (NO more Campfire Lighters) I'm open to ideas. Need at least 30 for a custom order.

If/when there's another one of these, I'll conduct them in a more organized manner on my part.

Thanks everyone for the interest, it's been a lot of work but enjoyable giving something memorable back to a bunch of good guys. This started out with the idea of struggling to get 30-50 going and if given another week I think we could have it 200 quite easily.
[Linked Image]
I was lucky enough to pick one up ,mines going in the safe.
Got mine today. Looks great! Thanks, Cal for putting this together. Nice job!!
Mine arrived today. Looks great. Thanks for your hard work Cal74
got mine yesterday. "I LIKE" , great looking lighters

thanks
They came in this afternoon. Thanks Cal, they are better than I expected.
Joe
Originally Posted by JLimbo
Got mine today. They look even better than the photos.

Many thanks to Rick for the OK and especially to Cal for all the work.

^^^This!!!^^^

Got mine today! Nicer than I expected. Thanks again to Cal, Rick, & everyone involved!
Anyone got an extra one that they are willing to sell to a member that showed up late to this game?
Got mine yesterday, looks great, thank you
Cal,

I am away from home this week, so I hope you got mine shipped out.

Thanks. donsm70
Got both mine yesterday! Looks great! Thanks Cal!
Originally Posted by donsm70
Cal,

I am away from home this week, so I hope you got mine shipped out.

Thanks. donsm70

Shipped last week.
Was hoping mine arrived while I was in Bozeman hanging with Shrapnel, but nothing in Erie, CO yet.
If you need more info from me, let me know.
No hurry, I'm fine if mine are the last two sent out, let others go first.
Thanks again,
Jon
Looking forward to receiving mine! Thanks Cal!
Arrived today and look great. Thanks for putting this together.
Arrived yesterday. Awesome and thanks for all your effort.
got mine. looks great. thanks
Thanks Cal, received mine the other day as well! Let the fianc� open it, and she thought it was pretty nice!
Glad everyone is happy with the results

The last of them should be finding their homes sometime this week, still have a pair I need to decipher who they belong to.

So if anyone come the tail end of next week (please don't ask me this week if yours shipped) is missing a pair they ordered please let me know.
As I mentioned in my PM...Got mine the other day and very happy!! Thanks for orchestrating the deal and seeing it through sir! smile

Mark
Any chance of another group buy? I would like to have one but I caught this thread a little too late.
Mine arrived yesterday. Nice work and thanks to everyone involved to make these happen.
Received mine today Cal, outstanding job!
Thanks Cal, it is beautiful!
Well done Cal....
Received mine today also Cal, thanks to you, your Dad and of course Rick. Collectors items already!!!
Cal just dropped off 3 of mine today while on his way to SD.
BETTER THAN EXPECTED!!!
Great work Cal
Got my two yesterday, they look great, gave one to my twin brother.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Mitch
I'm to late frown ...any one that bought to many I can relive u of one....
hey cal,,,got my lighter today,,,i put a price tag on all my guns,cameras,and reloading stuff,,,in other words,when i die,i don't want my wife to sell a $500 object for $50,,,the price on the lighter is $150 as it sits in the safe until i'm gone un opened,,,great work in this deal cal,,,like to thank cal,dad,rick,and zippo for pulling this off,,,we need some more campfire memorabelia,,,again,,,thanks,,,joe
Originally Posted by quickdeath
the price on the lighter is $150

Think that's more than appropriate, limited edition of 150 so makes perfect sense.

ps: You're welcome
Got mine in thanks much.
Mine came yesterday.

Thanks!
This is the mark of a great evening!

[Linked Image]

Bonus placement of the German Shorthair at the 1 o'clock position.

-John
Was out of town came home and mine were there
looks great
Thanks HAnk
Thanks for all the hard work on this, Cal. They look terrific.

Dean
Originally Posted by kudu3
Thanks for all the hard work on this, Cal. They look terrific.

Dean

+1 on that!!!

Enjoying mine!

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Thanks Cal!

I just got back from a week at the beach and picked up the mail this AM. The lighters were there and they do, indeed, look great.

Thanks to you and Rick and everyone else that made this happen.

donsm70
Glad everyone is happy with the results

The last of them should be finding their homes sometime this week, still have a pair I need to decipher who they belong to.

So if anyone come the tail end of next week (please don't ask me this week if yours shipped) is missing a pair they ordered please let me know.

I checked the mail all week, anxiously awaiting such a present, but alas. Would you check your pm's, I'll send one in a minute off our original one from awhile back.
Thanks, thinking those extra two might just be mine.
Jon
Originally Posted by Claybirds
Anyone got an extra one that they are willing to sell to a member that showed up late to this game?

Once again the members of this site come through.

Mark (Lockhart) was kind enough to sell me one of his extra Zippos that he had ordered.

Thanks again Mark for looking out for another member.
Mine are on the way and another great plug for Cal74, thanks again.
Any more of these available?
Cal, Mine was here when I got home from the lake. Much better then I imagined.
Thanks again for the effort you put in on these.

Greg
Originally Posted by dawgdiesel
Any more of these available?

Not unless someone else parts with one of theirs.

Greg, glad there's another happy camper out there. Enjoy...
[quote=dawgdiesel]Any more of these available?

Not unless someone else parts with one of theirs.

That sucks
© 24hourcampfire