Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deleted post.

Last edited by Condition Yellow; 05/09/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
like i said the first time yah mentioned i want one......gonna be traveling a bit so may not be checking the fire daily so please shoot me a pm when i need to send the money and ill get the cash fired off, i know ill forget to watch this thread or for a new one to pop up saying they are ready....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Holy crap, didn't see this till today.

Please put me in for two if I'm not too late.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cal you sure got some of 'em all spun up over the 223ai inscription huh?

Touche'....still LMAO at that one.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

cal74 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by byc
Cal you sure got some of 'em all spun up over the 223ai inscription huh?

Touche'....still LMAO at that one.

I guess laugh I thought it would be quite humorous and an inside joke, so maybe a GFY instead on the opposite side wink

I'm just JOKING people, do not respond with "I don't want this or that" It will just be the logo and 24hourcampfire. Really hopeful I can get the brass etched.

Life is just one damned thing after another
IC B2

S
SEM Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I want the GFY version maybe two!!

if you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will take 2 of them when you get around to putting it together sir.

Mark

What part of "Constitutionally !!LIMITED!!" don't you understand?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am excited that so many people want a Zippo with a Campfire logo, and I would love to have one as well.

However, I need for this entire process to be taken a couple of steps back and for proper protocol to be followed, for a variety of reasons, mostly legal, but also in order to set the proper precedent moving forward.

Let me be clear: The Campfire logo is intellectual property which I value and which I protect. I have turned down numerous similar projects, and it should not go unsaid that I am quite aware that I could contract the production of all kinds of Campfire-themed stuff, from Zippos, to mugs, to T-Shirts, to pens, etc., etc. I turned down a partnership offer just last SHOT Show with a big memorabilia company that would put up all the capital to produce, publicize, sell, and ship the gear, and we would split profits. All I had to do was sign and provide artwork. The Campfire logo had that value to them. I have my reasons for leaving that deal on the table at the time.

So, that said, I think Zippos with a Campfire logo would be cool, and based upon the response from members, I do not want to throw a wet blanket on the party.

So, here is what I propose:

1] I will grant a one-time license to Cal's company to use the 24hourcampfire logo solely to make a limited run of Zippo lighters with the Campfire logo, provided that my art department/graphic design people approve a final prototype of the logo usage on a product sample, and provided that I think the price including shipping is fair to all.

2] Upon those approvals, Cal's company will assume all production, shipping, return, and miscellaneous costs, and will reap all profits and assume all losses from the sale of the Zippo lighters. I am sure these will be awesome, and an awesome deal, but before I can give the OK to distribute, quality of the artwork and price need to be approved, and conditions under which license to use the logo is granted must be agreed to.

3] The production run will be limited to those people who express interest on this thread, and on this thread only, by May 18, 2014, and the license to use the logo is limited to this run of Zippos, and this run only. No further licensing of the 24hourcampfire logo or any other 24hourcampfire intellectual property beyond this limited run of Zippos is contemplated nor granted, to any party, for any reason. No publicity rights for the Zippos with the 24hourcampfire logo are granted, outside of this thread.

THIS IS A ONE AND DONE DEAL!

4] As full compensation for the one-time right to use the Campfire logo on this single, limited run, of Zippo lighters, which number will be finalized before production, 24hourcampfire will require as full compensation 2 [TWO] finished lighters, beyond any prototypes sent for approval.

5] Cal's company will be the manufacturing and selling entity, and will handle all billing, shipping, and if any, all warranty returns, complaints, problems, and will assume any and all liability for any and all damages these Zippo lighters may cause. In short, you are buying from Cal, not from 24hourcampfire.com, Inc., To Cal's company goes the glory, the profits or losses, all liability, all complaints, and all kudos. 24hourcampfire.com, Inc., provides no warranties, either express or implied, as to these Zippo lighters. All I would be doing is granting a license to use the 24hourcampfire logo as artwork.

24hourcampfire.com, Inc.'s sole involvement in this deal is to license the use of the 24hourcampfire logo for this limited run of Zippo lighters in exchange for two finished lighters.

It bears repeating: This is a one-and-done deal.

After this one limited run of Zippos, all rights for the use of the 24hourcampfire.com logo, trademark, and all intellectual property associated with 24hourcampfire.com are retained by 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. for its sole and exclusive use.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On the other hand, you could all send me a big GFY by producing instead a run of lighters with a big "GFY." grin

But then you'd have Travis to deal with. cry

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks Rick, and I think we all respect your need to protect yourself and the 'fire.
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will take one if the deal goes through

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you Rick.

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ahhh, now they'll be collector's items. I'll take 2. Campfire on one side and Good For You on the other.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Im changing my order to 2. (two).
Both brass, etched.
I would like 1 (one) with GFY on it as well.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Id be in for one as well.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Class act, Rick... the lighter are not a biggie in the overall scheme of things but... well played sir.

If things were as obvious as they initially appear . . . then men would be riding horseback sidesaddle . . . and not women. - Will Rogers
cal74 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yes thanks Rick, I contacted Rick a day or two ago to make sure this was OK. Should have done it sooner and for that I apologize.

But regardless, we'll be moving forward.... laugh

I spoke with my father briefly yesterday am (he's back from vacation). We'll be able to these in Brass etched, he'll check on pricing first thing this week.

I'm hopeful to keep them priced at 35.00 shipped for the first one and any additional ones up to 5 will be an additional 30.00 each.

If you go to Zippo's website you can do a printed one on chrome for 45.00, plus shipping I believe. I'm not intending to profit from this, but will provide the two lighters to Rick.

As soon as pricing is worked out and the logo provided by Rick I'll get the ball rolling.

Thanks everyone and thanks again Rick, I'm personally looking forward to seeing the results.

Life is just one damned thing after another
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by byc
I'll throw in for one to Rick B!!
One of you other guys can buy one for SYSOP! laugh

Originally Posted by RickBin
24hourcampfire.com, Inc.'s sole involvement in this deal is to license the use of the 24hourcampfire logo for this limited run of Zippo lighters in exchange for two finished lighters.

Cal--on 4-30 I committed to fund one for Rick and I am still good for that funding. However, as stated above mean ole SYSOP has to buy his own. Got that Flave?

Class move Rick and udaman Cal!!

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Count me in for one, would love the GFY as well.

Thanks,

Clyde

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cal, I had PM'ed you earlier putting my name in for two (2). Given that this thread is the official manifest, I'm still in for two (2).

Thanks to you and Rick B.

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (204guy, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,608
Posts18,532,787
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.