Home
That time of year again going to sell a few hunts to help offset some cost. I have several farms that you will have access to. You can shoot one buck of your choose and one buck 8pt or better also 2 does. Hunts will start around lunch time on Friday and end Sunday afternoon when you finish hunting that evening. You will have roughly 15-18 stands to choose from. There is a small local motel that gives me reduced rates and several places in town to eat. We will start running a few cameras in the next few weeks. Several of the boxes blinds are big enough for two to sit in together each stand is baited 950.00 per person. We are probable only going to sell 4-5 hunts. Bow season starts 2nd week in Sept. Gun season starts second Saturday in October. We will also have a few bear hunts not sure of the dates yet they have not come out, Bear hunt is for 4 days 2,000 up front and 1000 more when you shoot. 4 hunters shot 4 bears last year. This is also still hunting over bait. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867.
what size are your AVERAGE bears?
Tom I may be interested in bringing my son back again this fall. Will be in contact with you soon.
Tom, just trying to be helpful and avoid confusion. Still hunting involves very quiet, slow stalking of the animal. It sounds like you are offering stand hunting.

T.S.
Can you tell what part of Eastern NC are you located or hunting ?

Thanks
Rick
Posted By: Dinny Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 05/19/19
TS,
In NC and several other eastern states bears and deer can be hunted with dogs. Here, it's either dog hunting (running) or still hunting (not running).

Thanks, Dinny
My son and I went with Tom last year and we will rebook again. We had a great time even though the weather didn’t help us out.
Originally Posted by Dinny
TS,
In NC and several other eastern states bears and deer can be hunted with dogs. Here, it's either dog hunting (running) or still hunting (not running).

Thanks, Dinny

Thanks Dinny. I was referring to Tom's statement on bear hunting "This is also still hunting over bait." The "also" relates to the deer hunting in box blinds. I'm pretty sure he's confusing terms but I'll leave it at that. As I recall, NC produces some big bears!

I'd like to hunt black bear in the lower 48. All of my bear hunts have been in Canada - Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. If I ever get around to it, NC and Maine will be my likely choices. Hunting black bears is great fun!

T.S..
We are in the North East corner of NC we hunt Halifax, Northampton and a little bit of Hertford county. Most of our bears will average 250-350 pounds we always a few on camera that are a lot bigger but just like deer they are harder to hunt. All of the hunting will be out of some sort of blind. Thanks
Originally Posted by WasTexasShooter
Originally Posted by Dinny
TS,

Thanks, Dinny

Thanks Dinny. I was referring to Tom's statement on bear hunting "This is also still hunting over bait." The "also" relates to the deer hunting in box blinds. I'm pretty sure he's confusing terms but I'll leave it at that. As I recall, NC produces some big bears!

I'd like to hunt black bear in the lower 48. All of my bear hunts have been in Canada - Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. If I ever get around to it, NC and Maine will be my likely choices. Hunting black bears is great fun!

T.S..

Just a note here, in NC and SC still hunting usually refers to hunting from a stand or box blind. To us slipping or stalking is what you would consider still hunting.
Ha! I guess use of terms varies in different localities. My understanding of the term as a slow and quiet stalk is pretty universal. Just Search the term "Still Hunting".

Still-hunt
[ˈstilhənt]
VERB
still-hunting (present participle)
hunt game stealthily; stalk.

That said, I think we've beat this horse enough. :-)

T.S.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 05/19/19
I still hunt and probably will until my last day. Lol

Thanks, Dinny
That's always been my preferred method too Dinny. Quietly moving through the woods and encountering game is an exciting and productive way to hunt.

Best regards,

Russell
I’ve had a few people private message me about my experience so I thought I would post this here for those that might also be interested. I hunted deer with my young son three years ago. Due to scheduling conflicts of my own I ended up having to make the hunt in December. It was past their rut and on a full moon with Weather in the teens, we only saw one doe which we took. I chalked up the lack of seeing deer to the full moon and mostly Hunting with a seven-year-old who was not very good at being still or quiet. Tom has access to more land now and I’m considering going again this time as close to their rut as possible.Tom was a great host providing the hunt/camping experience we were looking for. We stayed in a small cabin he has. Just two bunks and and a wood burning stove. No electricity or water. It was a father son bonding trip with memories that will last a lifetime.
NICE!!!
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 05/19/19
I booked with Tom a few years ago and camped in the cabin. There are lots of deer in the area. I rattled in a nice 8pt, but was holding out for bigger. A great value hunt.
Some dates are booked still have some good weekends
TTT
Still have some hunts left
Bear hunts are spoken for still have some deer hunts
Going to start putting cameras out in next week still some dates open
I hunted with Tom the past two years. I did a bear hunt and a deer hunt. Killed a 300lb bear on second day of hunt and saw several more. Saw more deer than I could count on the deer hunt and killed a nice buck and a doe. Tom does a great hunt for a great price.
Seeing a lot of good bucks still have a couple hunts left to sell
Would like to sell two more deer hunts. The bucks are really looking good has been a good summer for them. PM or call me still have a couple really good dates open. Thanks Tom
I'm interested depending on hunt times and quality of bucks available. PM me or let me know a good time to call.
Thanks
That time of year again have a few hunts to Deer hunts to sell both here in NC and Texas. I think my bears hunts are sold for this year just wait for deposits. Been a very wet spring so should have some really good bucks this year. Thanks Tom
Tag
TTT
A few have called and are sending in deposits still looking a couple more. Thanks Tom
👍🏼
Pm sent to book a hunt.
Looks like we have 3 bear hunts and 4 deer hunts left. Deer are looking really good no seeing the bears a lot right now due to the heat Thanks Tom. 252-287-8867
STX...what are the bear hunt dates?
Posted By: C_ROY Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 07/29/20
Tag
Take it to the top
I recently returned from a deer hunt with Tom. Really had a great time and Tom was an excellent host. I did not see large numbers of deer but sufficient numbers to get 2 does and two 8 point bucks in two days, one a smaller 8 and the other a decent 8. The size of the bucks seemed comparable to our PA mountain deer. The does are smaller. All in all a great hunt and I would do it again.
That time of year again going to sell a few hunts to help offset some cost. I have several farms that you will have access to. You can shoot one buck of your choose and one buck 8pt or better also 2 does. Hunts will start around lunch time on Friday and end Sunday afternoon when you finish hunting that evening. You will have roughly 15-18 stands to choose from. We now have a nice hunting camp that will sleep 6 with 3 bed rooms , good size kitchen to cook your meals really nice cleaning shed there are also plenty of places up town to eat and a small motel if you rather stay there. We will start running cameras around the first of July. Several of the boxes blinds are big enough for two to sit in together each stand is baited. This year we are 1150 per person that includes lodging. We are probable only going to sell 6-8 hunts. Bow season starts 2nd week in Sept. Gun season starts mid October. We will also have a few bear hunts not sure of the dates yet they have not come out, Bear hunt is for 4 days 2,000 up front and 1000 more when you shoot. This is also still hunting over bait. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867.
TTT
Still have a few dates open
Bear hunts are sold only have a couple deer hunts left. Thanks Tom
Still have some deer hunts
Posted By: BOW777 Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 05/11/21
What are the Rut dates for your area?
Usually 2nd week of Nov I rather hunt the 10 days leading to it. We have so many does the bucks lock down with one and you don’t see them
Still have a few left
We hunted last week with Tom and had a great time as usual. My son tagged a really big racked 9 point along with a doe. He and James go out of their way to get the hunter on good deer.
My wife and I hunted with Tom and James the last weekend in Oct. We stayed at the camp house that he has available. Prior to this hunt my wife had only hunted a handful of times and had 1 doe to her credit. On our first sit Friday evening we both saw quite a few deer consisting of does/fawns and small bucks. Even though my wife had never killed a buck she really wanted her first to be something better than a spike or small 4pt. unless it was the last sit of her hunt. On our second outing I got a text around 9am, telling me she had just shot at a buck! She was pretty excited and really didn't know if she had hit it but said she felt she had made a pretty good shot and was "going to go look for it" I told her to sit tight and give it an hour, then text James and wait for him to show up to help her look for the deer. A little over an hour later I received another text with a bunch of smiley's telling me they had found her deer and it was a nice 15" 6pt.

This whole trip was planned with the hopes she would see a bunch of deer, have a good time and shoot her first buck and she had accomplished that by 9am her first morning.

My plan was to hold out for one of the many big deer that they had pics of and maybe shoot a couple does for the freezer. I was seeing a pile of does and figured it was just a matter of time. I asked Tom if the opportunity presented itself would it be OK if the wife shot my deer of choice. Tom said it wouldn't be a problem. So that afternoon we set out again for our 3rd sit of the hunt. About an hour into the hunt I get a text telling me she had just shot at a doe but believed she missed. She said the deer ran off about 40 yards and then started walking like nothing was wrong and she watched her walk until she was out of sight. I told her to just sit tight another would probably be along shortly. Well It didn't take very long and I received another text. This time she was telling me she had just shot another buck and it ran and fell within 30 yards of her stand and she was going to go look at him! Not long after I get a text of her buck and it was the twin of the one she had shot that morning another nice 6pt. The deer was bigger than her and she had dragged him out to the road. On my side Bullwinkle didn't show and I ended up shooting 2 does out of a large group that came in that evening

We hunted Sunday morning and both saw deer but we honestly didn't have room for any more deer. We left just past noon and didn't hunt Sunday evening. Tom and James were awesome they put in the time/work to give you the best opportunities for you to get your deer. They have plenty deer and some really good bucks. The camp house is nice and fit the bill nicely. All in all I think it's a great hunt for the price and we plan on returning next year.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 11/19/21
Tag
Looks like I may have a couple of bear hunts for this year (2022) Give me a call if your interested 252-287-8867
Looks like we have 3 deer and 2 bear hunts left. Give me a call if your interested. Thanks
Tag
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 07/26/22
PM sent!
Posted By: Lacy1 Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 07/27/22
Tom is a great guy. I have hunted with in south TX several times
A great host
2 Bear and 2 deer hunts left. Starting to see some pretty decent bucks late in the afternoons in the beans and peanuts. 252-287-8867
Still have a couple hunts.
Several window shoppers. Still have a few dates left. Thanks Tom
Halifax, Northampton and Hertford counties are PRIME hunting counties. Highest deer per acre stats in the state. And we have lots of deer in NC. I’m sure you’ll fill some coolers out there!
Bring quality binos and scopes with at least 50mm objectives. Hunt until the last moment, that’s when the good ones move.
That time of year again going to sell a few hunts to help offset some cost. I have several farms that you will have access to. You can shoot one buck of your choose and one buck 8pt or better also 2 does. Hunts will start around lunch time on Friday and end Sunday afternoon when you finish hunting that evening. You will have roughly 15-18 stands to choose from. We now have a nice hunting camp that will sleep 6 with 3 bed rooms , good size kitchen to cook your meals really nice cleaning shed there are also plenty of places up town to eat and a small motel if you rather stay there. We will start running cameras around the first of July. Several of the boxes blinds are big enough for two to sit in together each stand is baited. Like everything else we have had to go up some to cover cost This year we are 1250 per person that includes lodging. We are probable only going to sell 6-8 hunts. Bow season starts 2nd week in Sept. Gun season starts mid October. We may have a couple bear hunts not sure of the dates yet they have not come out. This is also still hunting over bait. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867.
any pics of what guys got last year?
Tag
Tag🐻🐻🐻🐻
This handsome fella is me. 2022 buck taken in NC. This was my 4th year hunting with Tom.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My buddies buck taken last year.

My son's buck from 2021 which we had mounted in NC due to import restrictions of our state. I just picked up the mount when I hunted last year.

Been out of pocket working on a new farm we picked up. Still have a couple hunts left best way to reach me is by Cell 252-287-8867 Thanks Tom
Would like to sell a few more hunts if anyone is interested in a last minute hunt. Lot of bucks showing up on camera. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867
Tag please.
Rick
Tag
Some interest but no one solid yet. Thank Tom 252-287-8867
Posted By: Motown Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 10/26/23
Tag
Posted By: G8ters Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 10/26/23
Tag, For a future bear. 2025?
Had hunters between 4 of them they put 14 deer on the ground. It was an awesome weekend can’t wait for them to come back next year. Wouldn’t mind one more group this year if anyone wants to hunt. Thanks Tom
Posted By: BOW777 Re: Deer/ Bear hunts Eastern NC - 11/06/23
Wow Tom, Congratulations. You must of had a very busy weekend. I'd love to see some of the pics. I can imagine how many coolers it took to take all the venison home!! Goodness gracious.
They took a lot of pictures I will let them post them if they want them shared. Yes it was a busy weekend. The only time it got stressful was Saturday evening went to pick up a deer and one of them had shot and a bear was sitting there trying to decide what was dinner.
Between my buddy and I we took 7 deer over the weekend. As always, Tom was a great host. Here are a couple pictures of the racks. Mine was a nice 9 point while my buddy shot 2 slightly smaller buck. We met some great people and had a ball as usual. The wife and I just finished a meal of fresh tenderloin this evening.

© 24hourcampfire