OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Still have some deer hunts

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What are the Rut dates for your area?

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Usually 2nd week of Nov I rather hunt the 10 days leading to it. We have so many does the bucks lock down with one and you don’t see them

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Still have a few left

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We hunted last week with Tom and had a great time as usual. My son tagged a really big racked 9 point along with a doe. He and James go out of their way to get the hunter on good deer.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My wife and I hunted with Tom and James the last weekend in Oct. We stayed at the camp house that he has available. Prior to this hunt my wife had only hunted a handful of times and had 1 doe to her credit. On our first sit Friday evening we both saw quite a few deer consisting of does/fawns and small bucks. Even though my wife had never killed a buck she really wanted her first to be something better than a spike or small 4pt. unless it was the last sit of her hunt. On our second outing I got a text around 9am, telling me she had just shot at a buck! She was pretty excited and really didn't know if she had hit it but said she felt she had made a pretty good shot and was "going to go look for it" I told her to sit tight and give it an hour, then text James and wait for him to show up to help her look for the deer. A little over an hour later I received another text with a bunch of smiley's telling me they had found her deer and it was a nice 15" 6pt.

This whole trip was planned with the hopes she would see a bunch of deer, have a good time and shoot her first buck and she had accomplished that by 9am her first morning.

My plan was to hold out for one of the many big deer that they had pics of and maybe shoot a couple does for the freezer. I was seeing a pile of does and figured it was just a matter of time. I asked Tom if the opportunity presented itself would it be OK if the wife shot my deer of choice. Tom said it wouldn't be a problem. So that afternoon we set out again for our 3rd sit of the hunt. About an hour into the hunt I get a text telling me she had just shot at a doe but believed she missed. She said the deer ran off about 40 yards and then started walking like nothing was wrong and she watched her walk until she was out of sight. I told her to just sit tight another would probably be along shortly. Well It didn't take very long and I received another text. This time she was telling me she had just shot another buck and it ran and fell within 30 yards of her stand and she was going to go look at him! Not long after I get a text of her buck and it was the twin of the one she had shot that morning another nice 6pt. The deer was bigger than her and she had dragged him out to the road. On my side Bullwinkle didn't show and I ended up shooting 2 does out of a large group that came in that evening

We hunted Sunday morning and both saw deer but we honestly didn't have room for any more deer. We left just past noon and didn't hunt Sunday evening. Tom and James were awesome they put in the time/work to give you the best opportunities for you to get your deer. They have plenty deer and some really good bucks. The camp house is nice and fit the bill nicely. All in all I think it's a great hunt for the price and we plan on returning next year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Looks like I may have a couple of bear hunts for this year (2022) Give me a call if your interested 252-287-8867

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Looks like we have 3 deer and 2 bear hunts left. Give me a call if your interested. Thanks

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag

You gotta stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
PM sent!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom is a great guy. I have hunted with in south TX several times
A great host

GoTigersGo
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
2 Bear and 2 deer hunts left. Starting to see some pretty decent bucks late in the afternoons in the beans and peanuts. 252-287-8867

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Still have a couple hunts.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Several window shoppers. Still have a few dates left. Thanks Tom

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Halifax, Northampton and Hertford counties are PRIME hunting counties. Highest deer per acre stats in the state. And we have lots of deer in NC. I’m sure you’ll fill some coolers out there!
Bring quality binos and scopes with at least 50mm objectives. Hunt until the last moment, that’s when the good ones move.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
That time of year again going to sell a few hunts to help offset some cost. I have several farms that you will have access to. You can shoot one buck of your choose and one buck 8pt or better also 2 does. Hunts will start around lunch time on Friday and end Sunday afternoon when you finish hunting that evening. You will have roughly 15-18 stands to choose from. We now have a nice hunting camp that will sleep 6 with 3 bed rooms , good size kitchen to cook your meals really nice cleaning shed there are also plenty of places up town to eat and a small motel if you rather stay there. We will start running cameras around the first of July. Several of the boxes blinds are big enough for two to sit in together each stand is baited. Like everything else we have had to go up some to cover cost This year we are 1250 per person that includes lodging. We are probable only going to sell 6-8 hunts. Bow season starts 2nd week in Sept. Gun season starts mid October. We may have a couple bear hunts not sure of the dates yet they have not come out. This is also still hunting over bait. Thanks Tom 252-287-8867.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
any pics of what guys got last year?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Tag

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tag🐻🐻🐻🐻

Lots of BIG BORES...600 is my Favorite but have BIGGER!💥
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (338reddog, 35, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 10 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,875
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.