Home
Posted By: rickt300 SWFA in trouble with the ATF? - 08/12/22
Not sure why exactly but they closed their store front and now are appointment only.
I wonder if it was for lying about their scope specs. lolol
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Teal Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/12/22
Originally Posted by rickt300
Not sure why exactly but they closed their store front and now are appointment only.

So you know they closed the storefront due to ATF issues or they closed it and you're assuming it's ATF issues? - Title vs post - doesn't make sense.
Posted By: Luis Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/12/22
Or maybe the Monkey Pox. LOL

They only lie about the ones they sell to you. Like Ruger, they have a special pile of stuff reserved for the Spandex Man…….😜
I sent an email inquiry as to why they closed the store. Will report back when they answer.
I reckon they sell wayyyyyyyyyy more on the line,than over the counter. Hint..............
Originally Posted by Pappy348

They only lie about the ones they sell to you. Like Ruger, they have a special pile of stuff reserved for the Spandex Man…….😜

IDGAF what the paperwork says - does it PERFORM and for me, they do.
Might just be they can’t keep enough staff to operate an open store. Seems to be a problem for lots of places.
Some folks shoot and there are those that TRY to talk about it. It's never been difficult to cypher who do and who don't. Hint.

It's hardly "surprising" that a 1-4x scope whooped Crying Karen's ass. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Originally Posted by Teal

Damn straight!
Originally Posted by beretzs

Damn straight!

Yes, they work great and their CS and warranty is excellent. My concern is the ATF overstepping if this is the case. We need less of this kind of bs and some of you guys joking about it may not get it. Just like the pos hiring 87,000 new IRS agents. They are a coming and we should be sticking together, not laughing when a company or person is attacked by these POS sumbiotches..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Yes, they work great and their CS and warranty is excellent. My concern is the ATF overstepping if this is the case. We need less of this kind of bs and some of you guys joking about it may not get it. Just like the pos hiring 87,000 new IRS agents. They are a coming and we should be sticking together, not laughing when a company or person is attacked by these POS sumbiotches..

There is absolutely ZERO, I mean ZERO evidence at this time or offered by the OP that the ATF has anything to do with them closing the storefront.

If ATF had issue with them - they'd not allow the appointments and they'd shut down the website as well.

There is absolutely ZERO, I mean ZERO evidence at this time or offered by the OP that the ATF has anything to do with them closing the storefront.

If ATF had issue with them - they'd not allow the appointments and they'd shut down the website as well.

+1

Lotta fuss over pure conjecture, huh?

That's not the truth. If you want a long eye relief scope and you get a short eye relief scope you will care. The one I bought would perform right into your brow on a heavy kicker.

Being off by 15% on weight isn't a big deal to me, although SWFA has changed the weight of the scope in their specs twice since I bought it. Once to the correct weight and then back to the incorrect weight.

That's not the truth. If you want a long eye relief scope and you get a short eye relief scope you will care. The one I bought would perform right into your brow on a heavy kicker.

Being off by 15% on weight isn't a big deal to me, although SWFA has changed the weight of the scope in their specs twice since I bought it. Once to the correct weight and then back to the incorrect weight.

So you're telling me that they don't perform for me. You know this how?
Yes, they work great and their CS and warranty is excellent.

Their great CS will apparently only post positive reviews on their website. Reviews that tell the truth about their scopes aren't permitted. Take that servicing customer!
In fairness to the OP,she is a Texhen and doors are their GREATEST phobia,if only as applied to Public Schools for starters. Hint.

She is simply doing the best she can and don't slight how VERY "real" her Imagination and Pretend are...to her. Hint.

Brokedick Crying CLUELESS Kchunts,is all Texas can "offer",but at least it ain't Spandex. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Can you fugking read? My criticism is about the eye relief and their moving target on specs. I made no comment about "performance." Don't behave like a defensive, butthurt brand loyal twat. Even good companies screw the pooch at times and SWFA did with me.

Can you fugking read? My criticism is about the eye relief and their moving target on specs. I made no comment about "performance." Don't behave like a defensive, butthurt brand loyal twat. Even good companies screw the pooch at times and SWFA did with me.

Apparently it's you that can not read.

I said "IDGAF what the paperwork says - does it PERFORM and for me, they do."

You said "That's not the truth..."

What in my statement about ME and MY use is "not the truth"?
Poor poor(literally) Paula THE Perpetual Professional "Victim"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I rather enjoy her riveting Woketitude. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and have simply eclipsed her "Life's" efforts. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
I think the store front has been closed for some time.

Within the past 2 weeks I ordered a pile of rings, bases, and other accoutrements from them. Order was processed and shipped quickly.

I also spent some time with a Classic 3-15 from their last sale. It was better than I remembered. Reticle seemed more useable throughout the X range; however, I didn't have a older model along to do a sxs to see what exactly, if anything, the difference is. Since they are actually available, I wish I had ordered a pile of them during the sale.

You said:

"IDGAF what the paperwork says"

I said that's not the truth.

If you wanted a long eye relief scope and the paperwork said: eye relief 5 - 3.1 but you got eye relief 3.3 -2.3, you'd care. Am I wrong about that?
Posted By: SKane Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/12/22
Rick, unless you have further knowledge not shared here, that sort of speculative headline/title should be reserved for the liberal media and social media click bait.

You said:

If you wanted a long eye relief scope and the paperwork said: eye relief 5 - 3.1 but you got eye relief 3.3 -2.3, you'd care. Am I wrong about that?

Still - I don't give a Phouck what the paperwork says on the SWFA scope - I really don't because - and the second part of that sentence is the important part - it works for me. Again - what is not TRUE about what I do or do not care about that you know better than me for me?
I’m no SWFA fan (like their scopes, despise their business practices), but this is an awful rumor to start without hard proof.

There you go, bringing up the BS.....in BSA
I barely own 100+ SWFA scopes and perhaps "only" 125 sets of their rings. I've multiple versions of the 3-15x both in SFP and FFP...though FFP MQ is THE route. Hint.

Admittedly,I've yet to see a "tricky" 1-4x. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

A Texhen and a Pro Victim,trying to talk about how they were "wronged" in their perpetual Brokedicktitude,is fhuqking EPIC Humor! Hint.

You said:

Still - I don't give a Phouck what the paperwork says on the SWFA scope - I really don't because - and the second part of that sentence is the important part - it works for me. Again - what is not TRUE about what I do or do not care about that you know better than me for me?

I apologize. You are the first person I have encountered that doesn't consider eye relief specs before buying.
https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...rch/true/what-s-up-with-swfa#Post8646291

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum.../Words/SWFA/Search/true/swfa#Post8634329
The HORROR! Hint.

You said:

I apologize. You are the first person I have encountered that doesn't consider eye relief specs before buying.

It's a byproduct of being decidedly average in build. Most everything works without worry. That and I tend to not be as picky as some when it comes to things. I don't need it "perfect" - I just need it "useable without major gymnastics".

IE - I never send food back to the kitchen either.

You said:

It's a byproduct of being decidedly average in build. Most everything works without worry. That and I tend to not be as picky as some when it comes to things. I don't need it "perfect" - I just need it "useable without major gymnastics".

IE - I never send food back to the kitchen either.

lololol. I have never sent food back to the kitchen. I am not overly picky about much shooting related, but I hate crawling a scope.

Rut Roh.
Oooopsie! You Crying CLUELESS Kchunts wear helmets for a reason. Hint.

Originally Posted by beretzs

Damn straight!

^^^^^ Truth ^^^^^

You said:

ER is but one factor that determines a scope’s suitability for a task I have in mind. Tube length, objective size, eyebox, yadaydayada all have an effect. What works, works, and conversely, what doesn’t doesn’t, regardless of the specs, true or claimed. My 1-4 is a perfect match for my 10/22 CSC. I mounted it so it works at the highest power, and it has enough latitude to work at the others as well. Might not work for me on a long-action bolt action, but then again with a rail it might. At least it held zero on my Mini-14, unlike something else I tried. In general, I’ve had more problems with short tubes and fat eyepieces than ER.
Poor Poor (literally) Paula. Hint.

So you know they closed the storefront due to ATF issues or they closed it and you're assuming it's ATF issues? - Title vs post - doesn't make sense.

Well a thread in THF mentioned the ATF and some numbers issues. Thought maybe one of the resident SWFA worshippers would know.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
In fairness to the OP,she is a Texhen and doors are their GREATEST phobia,if only as applied to Public Schools for starters. Hint.

She is simply doing the best she can and don't slight how VERY "real" her Imagination and Pretend are...to her. Hint.

Brokedick Crying CLUELESS Kchunts,is all Texas can "offer",but at least it ain't Spandex. Hint.

Your cracking me up Stick, see you got off your couch to sling some schit.
The HORROR! Hint.

[bleep] the Chinese can make a scope these days, which pains me to say. Those Arkens and Athlons are works of art for the price.
Originally Posted by SKane
Rick, unless you have further knowledge not shared here, that sort of speculative headline/title should be reserved for the liberal media and social media click bait.

Fixed the headline for ya.
I barely own 100+ SWFA scopes and perhaps "only" 125 sets of their rings. I've multiple versions of the 3-15x both in SFP and FFP...though FFP MQ is THE route. Hint.

A Texhen and a Pro Victim,trying to talk about how they were "wronged" in their perpetual Brokedicktitude,is fhuqking EPIC Humor! Hint.

Sorry POOPstick, but I refuse to use "Made in China" scope rings.
Seems like the ATF has been rewriting rules to shut down other FFLs for clerical errors too. Eff the ATF
I have get a 403 error trying to get onto their website for a long time. Called to find a fix and they didn’t seem to give a chit. Moved on.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

There you go, bringing up the BS.....in BSA

I said IF you stupid fu ck. I highly doubt you went to school in NV, as your reading comprehension sucks on sticks ball sack...
So, an “if” rant?
LOL, no pictures?
Rickety,

I realize you are doing your BEST and that's the ONLY fhuqking reason it's soooooo fhuqking funny...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you proffer Brokedicktitude. Hint.

I "only" brought a S/S 700 22-250 and S/S 700 7mm RemMag home,while awaiting the Gen 1 Havak MacaMillion 6 Kreed' to arrive in the MAIL. Hint.

Crapsmother,

Start a Thread,if/when your kchunt leaves the couch...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

7-08,

I just ordered a scope,because I could and they could. Hint.................

Beezer,

Your Homoerotic Fantasies are a HOOT,just like your Rifle "knowledge"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how "REAL" your Imagination and Pretend are,to you. Hint.

Originally Posted by Japlvr

I’d bet good $ that there isn’t a modern set of scope rings in existence that didn’t involve China at some level of its manufacturing process.

The raw materials sourced, the products made to create the finish, the metallurgy process, whatever….I simply won’t believe any readily available product in today’s world isn’t partially made in China. Just because a scope doesn’t have a “Made in China” sticker doesn’t mean that it isn’t.
Rickety,

I realize you are doing your BEST and that's the ONLY fhuqking reason it's soooooo fhuqking funny...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you proffer Brokedicktitude. Hint.

I "only" brought a S/S 700 22-250 and S/S 700 7mm RemMag home,while awaiting the Gen 1 Havak MacaMillion 6 Kreed' to arrive in the MAIL. Hint.

Crapsmother,

Start a Thread,if/when your kchunt leaves the couch...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

7-08,

I just ordered a scope,because I could and they could. Hint.................

Beezer,

Your Homoerotic Fantasies are a HOOT,just like your Rifle "knowledge"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how "REAL" your Imagination and Pretend are,to you. Hint.

Well heck Stick you must have the biggest warehouse in Alaska to hold all your guns. Mostly been hiding from the sun lately due to 100 degree plus temps but I did buy a pistol today and will trade for another tomorrow. My rifle collection is already too deep to fool with might sell some just to make some room in the safes. As for them rat bastard SS Rem's I thought you hated slow twist 22-250's and belted mags anyway. I can see the 6 Creed interest though. Maybe you ought to get a different hobby.........
It has nothing to do with DOJ, ATF, or any other three letter agency. They just know all their customers are high-risk for monkey pox and they want to avoid possible issues. Nothing to see here.
Rickety,

Your Brokedicktitude is as HILARIOUS as your "knowledge"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot though! Hint.

Pardon donors upsetting you so. Hint.

Rickety,

Your Brokedicktitude is as HILARIOUS as your "knowledge"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot though! Hint.

Pardon donors upsetting you so. Hint.

Man I would like to see that here.
Yes, they work great and their CS and warranty is excellent.

Their great CS will apparently only post positive reviews on their website. Reviews that tell the truth about their scopes aren't permitted. Take that servicing customer!

Same with any Bushnell company, particularly Primos.
Posted By: Sam_H Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/12/22
Three pages with zero factual information connecting the thread title "SWFA in trouble with the ATF" to the text that follows.

That text - "Not sure why exactly" - amounts to a retraction of the thread title allegation.

Is there evidence to connect an alleged ATF issue with an apparent store front closure?

Just the usual and customary vendor bashing?
Michael Effertz with SWFA emailed me and said they did this to concentrate on their Optics Line which will be coming out soon.
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I’d bet good $ that there isn’t a modern set of scope rings in existence that didn’t involve China at some level of its manufacturing process.

The raw materials sourced, the products made to create the finish, the metallurgy process, whatever….I simply won’t believe any readily available product in today’s world isn’t partially made in China. Just because a scope doesn’t have a “Made in China” sticker doesn’t mean that it isn’t.

I use Nightforce, Seekins & FarrelI scopes rings. They are machined in the USA. You will have to ask the manufacturers where they buy their alloys.

I didn't type anything about a scope.
Originally Posted by Hastings
Michael Effertz with SWFA emailed me and said they did this to concentrate on their Optics Line which will be coming out soon.
So no mention of the ATF . I’m shocked. LOL

Let's kick that around a little bit. SWFA currently has a wildly popular line of well respected scopes that they cannot keep in stock. Now they are going to move into a new line that they will be able to keep in stock. Okay, I'll accept that. BUT, the counter help in the store is somehow a vital piece of bringing this new scope line into production and/or to the market?

So do you suck their dick or do they suck yours ?
Originally Posted by Craigster

69?

I use Nightforce, Seekins & FarrelI scopes rings. They are machined in the USA. You will have to ask the manufacturers where they buy their alloys.

Understood, but I think my point was solid.

I did mean to type “a scope ring” instead of just “a scope” when referring to the sticker. That is what I get for typing on my phone when at lunch….

I am not following you here. SWFA already has an optics line. Are you referring to a new model of optic or series of models of optics or something?

Or, is their new line actually called “optics”. That’s be original….

Understood, but I think my point was solid.

I did mean to type “a scope ring” instead of just “a scope” when referring to the sticker. That is what I get for typing on my phone when at lunch….

It wasn't hard to tell, you meant scope ring. And, your point is valid.

Let's kick that around a little bit. SWFA currently has a wildly popular line of well respected scopes that they cannot keep in stock. Now they are going to move into a new line that they will be able to keep in stock. Okay, I'll accept that. BUT, the counter help in the store is somehow a vital piece of bringing this new scope line into production and/or to the market?

Paul you might be onto something! That is a well thought out and logical question. I knew most of the "counter help" and have to say I wasn't real impressed.
I wonder if SWFA will be at the Texas Hunters Extravaganza this weekend in Dallas (close to their HQ). Lease mates and I will be walking the show with a few nickels burning a hole in our pocket. I've never checked out their wares, mostly because the majority of their reticles seem to come with 48 hash marks. For fooks sake, I can't even see that good. Besides, I just need a duplex and maybe an illuminated dot if I'm hunting within 200 yards. If they are there, I'll have to give them a look.

Killed one deer in 8 years.

Paul,

In the current state of affairs, counter help (labor) is a scarce commodity. For every business! They know their operation better than we do. Could it be that shutting down the door is the best course they can take?
We've been blessed to have SWFA Scopes for a while now, at such low prices...what makes you think they're fixing to fug up the business? Or, the consumers, for that matter?

Not being able to keep in stock is a testament to the popularity/quality/price point of the products. And you're complaining about counter help when they're trying to "fix" the shortcomings?
Gimme a break!
Originally Posted by CopperSolid

Paul,

In the current state of affairs, counter help (labor) is a scarce commodity. For every business! They know their operation better than we do. Could it be that shutting down the door is the best course they can take?
We've been blessed to have SWFA Scopes for a while now, at such low prices...what makes you think they're fixing to fug up the business? Or, the consumers, for that matter?

Not being able to keep in stock is a testament to the popularity/quality/price point of the products. And you're complaining about counter help when they're trying to "fix" the shortcomings?
Gimme a break!

Actually it was I who was knocking the counter help, Paul was just asking how they hourly front people could effect the release of a new line of scopes.
Actually it was I who was knocking the counter help, Paul was just asking how they hourly front people could effect the release of a new line of scopes.
As I stated, "They know their operation better than we do", Including you, rick...ever heard about budget?
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54

Killed one deer in 8 years.

I sure as fugk haven't killed as many deer as you have sock puppets.
As I stated, "They know their operation better than we do", Including you, rick...ever heard about budget?

Well I know for a fact the counter help was not designing a new scope line.
Posted By: KenMi Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/13/22
They are switching to a manufacturer in Nigeria.
Apparently there was a wealthy tribesman who died and left them a multi million Naira grass hut based company. So they cut ties with the little yellow creeps.
Originally Posted by Remsen
Seems like the ATF has been rewriting rules to shut down other FFLs for clerical errors too. Eff the ATF

Read about the ATF targeting a local pawn shop a week or two ago. Appears to be a pattern that's possible when government has too many laws and inadequate oversight (or a rogue administration weaponizing government agencies against their political opponents).

However, sloppy paperwork by the FFL holder is asking for trouble regardless of whether ATF was more lenient in the past.
Originally Posted by Craigster

CumDumpster,

Your HILARIOUS Brokedicktitude,is a rampant reward...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations.

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
FUUCK
I hear through The Grapevine,that their glass is tough. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and actual use ladies. Hint.

Lol, interesting video!

Makes me feel good about the 3-15 I just mounted and sighted in today on a rifle! It did replace a brand that shall not be named.
Never heard of 'em. Hint.

Phag on a pedal takes up most of the bandwidth here typical
Take it for what it's worth but I have heard from fairly reliable source ATF had an unofficial letter to shut down all FFL it could. Deny any silencer or NAFTA applications. Personal friend of mine with an FFL did not get denied but delayed a couple weeks to provide an inconvenience.
Sweetheart,

Your sexual proclivities and Search History,are only "fascinating" toy you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you mine the furrows of your arched brows and navigate your crossed eyes. Hint.

Hint.

Poor poor(literally) Paula THE Perpetual Professional "Victim"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

I rather enjoy her riveting Woketitude. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and have simply eclipsed her "Life's" efforts. Hint.

Tell us about that little rifle. I like the size of it.
In broad brush strokes,I'd liken it akin to these. Hint...............

Stick, when "they" come to get you, your bolt guns will not do the trick.

As you say, you will be "Fhuqked"
InYourHole,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fairly fhuqking fascinatin',how 75 Hornie HPBT's track the 308 Win reticle sooooooo fhuqking amazingly. Google as you must,then nod your pencil neck like you "understand",as your sky falls. Hint.

You Window Licking CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

If only in "fairness",back to Swiffer's. Hint.

Is that your Pride gun?
NOkchunter,

Your Homo Erotic Proclivities while entertaining,ain't mine and it weren't my intent to horn you up...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now back to Swiffer Selfshuckers and pardon wares that exist,as you use your Imagination and Pretend aloud. Hint.

Fortunately for you and your ilk,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Posted By: RIO7 Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/18/22
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Stick your right, Red guns shoot better than others. Rio7
Never noticed. Hint.

Some folks shoot and there are those that TRY to talk about it. It's never been difficult to cypher who do and who don't. Hint.

Stick, how's is thumb access to the hammer in that set up? I'm getting ready to scope my BRL 358 and I like a low mounted scope but also like decent space for my fat thumb on the hammer. I was thinking about using that scope but may look for something with a smaller ocular.

Thanks,
Bb
Never heard of 'em,especially in 7-08. I'd not fret the hammer on a 1000yd++ Lever Gun. Hint.

Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Stick, how's is thumb access to the hammer in that set up? I'm getting ready to scope my BRL 358 and I like a low mounted scope but also like decent space for my fat thumb on the hammer. I was thinking about using that scope but may look for something with a smaller ocular.

Thanks,
Bb

You can always put a hammer extention on it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Thanks,
Bb

I have a takedown BLR in 300WSM with a very low mounted scope. Hammer access is not an issue.

ILya

They are doing fine. They decided to focus a bit more on their core businesses, so retail store is closed.

They are not in trouble with ATF, or at least not in any more trouble than every law abiding FFL is.

ILya
Are they focusing on the business 20 scopes at a time?
Originally Posted by koshkin

They are doing fine. They decided to focus a bit more on their core businesses, so retail store is closed.

They are not in trouble with ATF, or at least not in any more trouble than every law abiding FFL is.

ILya

koshkin,

Your gut feeling...will they be switching from our beloved SWFA Scopes to something else?

Thanks,
CS

ILya

koshkin,

Your gut feeling...will they be switching from our beloved SWFA Scopes to something else?

Thanks,
CS

I do not think you need to be overly concerned.

ILya
Posted By: RicG Re: SWFA in trouble with the ATF - 08/20/22
I'm surprised they would close the retail store. It was quite nice. I was given a tour (during construction) by CF2. He was totally excited. It was a heck of an improvement from the Red Oak facility.

opps he got his spandex in a bunch
Just checked the Mail and it appears something scopetacular arrived and though it "might" be a Reupold...I'm thinking it ain't. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
I do not think you need to be overly concerned.

ILya

Good to know.

Thanks,

ILya

Good to know, I liked visiting the place.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Is that your Pride gun?

Hah! You know it is.
© 24hourcampfire