Home

So if a guy wanted to try it out, which type of bear and why.
What would you be sure to get out of it, and how much would you expect to pony up for the hunt.

I'm paying off my DIY gear so after that I'm planning on doing the extended hunts for what I can't do with my DIY stuff.

Spot
Budget? Expectations? Physical condition? Time allowed?...............

Budget - non polar bear budget (2-5k)

expecations - A rug and experience... or at least some experience

Physical cond - good to excellent

Time - no more then 2 weeks

Spot
Budget: ='s Black Bear only.

Expectations: Drive to the nearest State with a Season and punch a tag

Physical: You are there

Time: You are there................
If you want to hunt a unit with good potential, do your research. Talk to hunters, locals, game biologists, etc.
Depending on where you want to hunt, start building preference points in that state, (if that is a possibility)
The best Bear States,need no points,for a high percentage crack at a Booner..................

To say I don't know sqwat about bear is being kind to me.
Spot
Bait, hounds or spot and stalk?
hereIf you go to Prince of Wales Island in SE Alaska, you can do a semi to full DIY Black Bear hunt, and come in on the low end of your budget. They have big bears, but you gotta work for them. There are some places that supply room and board, and even fishing boats, and you hunt on your own. Here is an example. Check it out.

http://thelandingatottercove.com/hunts.html

maddog
Aren't those some of the "Island" Bears,with have notoriously short skulls and such? Someone on this Board(Kentucky Windage) who'd been Bear Hunting once,has a friend who's a "Guide"(ith a vivid imagination),that thought she talked to a "Biologist"...which cemented all those "facts".............
Can't answer about the skulls, but over the years they've taken some big bears there. Like any place else, you got to do a lot of lookin. grin

maddog
Thanks for the tip!............
I guess I'll start poking around, I didn't know they used hounds on them, I did know about baiting. I hunted blackies once in the adirondaks because I kept running into bear sign each spring. Never did see one in season.

So bears are graded on skull length? I was just thinking about a hide that ultimately I won't be allowed to have in the living room.

Spot
B&C scores the skull only (width + length).............
so, if them island bears have short skulls, are they wider? like Pugs of the bear world? (grin)

you don't say where you're from, Spot. Places in ID have OTC tags, a 2 bear limit, and liberal seasons. The terrain is amenable to glassing and you can't not look at a few bears, even camping on the (dirt) road system.

finding a big one is a little tougher, because they're "continental" bears, long and skinny. whistle
Spot, if you are just wanting the experience, and not worry about the score[which I didn't/don't], lotsa places to go. Alaska, British Columbia, and Alberta will get you the biggest bears[pricier, too]. But you can get nice bears all over the country. The west, including western canadian provinces, off a chance at color phase bears. In the end, you have to decide on spot/stalk, bait, or hounds, then go accordingly. Here is a pic of my cinnamon blackie, taken in Idaho, in 2006. Not a big bear, but nice rug and a helluva spot/stalk hunt in very hot conditions.

[Linked Image]

maddog
maddog,

I enjoy your faith to your Marlin 1895. I do not ever recall a picture of you with a different rifle.

Am partial to said model as well.

[Linked Image]

Apologizing to the OP for the tangent. smile
The Rats do Runneth Over...............
Originally Posted by ImitatedOften
The cup's do Runneth Over...............

Fixed it for you. Subtle hint, that is.
You can't "fix" a Rat,nor stupidity.

Let alone their melding..............
The only way to top that Rat,would be to say a "Guide" talked you into it.................
Try putting a leash on the insults, please.

That bear was taken under guidance by Master Guide Ed Stevenson.

That bear was taken in fullfillment for guide licencing.

That rifle is now my guiding rifle. My choice - end of story.

Facts are facts and that thing is a Rat.

Though in fairness,you are obviously none too good at making choices and I find it more than a little humorous,that you are wanting to "Guide" the choices of others.

Top rate stuff!..............
You opine against the Marlin 1895 as a bear gun.

Fine. It may be news for you - but an opinion (even yours) does not constitute a fact.

A fact is - that one Marlin 1895 G has served me here in Germany for 9 years now of constant use - w/o fail.

A fact is - that that Marlin 1895 G in the picture has cleanly taken that bear in the picture and quite a few more in the hands of Ed.

My choice - needs no ones approval but mine.

I do not guide "choices", I guide hunters.

You OTOH comment anybodies choices - and rile and belittle anything outside your opinion.
ItO, not exactly kosher takin cheap shotsat another man's trophy. Is this an extension of a pizzin match you to had somewhere else? confused

cmg, don't see nothin wrong with the bear OR the choice of armament wink

maddog
Thanks maddog.

I did not even consider, IO could be meaning the bear. Thought he was commenting on the gun.

Sure as hell ain't nothin wrong with the gun! grin

maddog
Originally Posted by cmg

Fine. It may be news for you - but an opinion (even yours) does not constitute a fact.

A fact is - that one Marlin 1895 G has served me here in Germany for 9 years now of constant use - w/o fail.

A fact is - that that Marlin 1895 G in the picture has cleanly taken that bear in the picture and quite a few more in the hands of Ed.

You OTOH comment anybodies choices - and rile and belittle anything outside your opinion.

Which "Guide" chose the Rat?

Feel free to elaborate on the "rigors" associated with Teutonic Treks,whether it the Critters proper,terrain or weather.

You are on a roll,like few others!...............

Originally Posted by maddog
ItO, not exactly kosher takin cheap shotsat another man's trophy. Is this an extension of a pizzin match you to had somewhere else? confused

cmg, don't see nothin wrong with the bear OR the choice of armament wink

maddog

Rats are Rats and that is assuredly a glaring example.............
688 posts since mid July - and I am on the roll.

Mkay.

Feel free to post pictures of your trophies.

I will not argue or justify the taking of a legal critter.
You haven't the faculties or prowess,to do anything but Rats...would be far more concise.

Obviously,that FACT does skew your sense of "judgement".

Few puns there..............
As an aside:

Which "Guide" chose the Rat?

Feel free to elaborate on the "rigors" associated with Teutonic Treks,whether it the Critters proper,terrain or weather.

You are on a roll,like few others!...............
Spotshooter;
As you enjoyed your visit to Vancouver recently, I'll throw out a BC black bear hunt for possible consideration?

In BC there is no baiting allowed for bears, so the hunt would be either spot and stalk or with hounds. A guide is required for out of province hunters.

The black bears on Vancouver Island and along the coast tend to be larger on average than the bears one finds further inland. There are of course always exceptions but while we can encounter a black bear over 6' here in my part of the south Okanagan, I can't say we've seen that size with any regularity.

I'm sorry that I've no clue as to fees, but like all things it would pay to do some research and call some successful and unsuccessful references.

Hopefully that was some use to you, good luck on your bear hunt wherever it takes you.

Regards,
Dwayne

Originally Posted by cmg
Try putting a leash on the insults, please.

That bear was taken under guidance by Master Guide Ed Stevenson.

That bear was taken in fullfillment for guide licencing.

That rifle is now my guiding rifle. My choice - end of story.

Ed Stevenson isn't my hero. I'm stopping short of saying he's full of BS, although some think so. The only guys I know that love him are some of guys at Wolfe Publishing.
IO, who made you the resident jerkazz, or are you a reincarnated "troll" from another era?whistle

maddog
Couple sheep I guided last year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lets just agree on two things -

1) you will not get a rise out of me.

2) if what I do is a thorn in your side, that is not my trouble.

We have had these run - ins before:

cmg vs. tryme
cmg vs. palewhitecracker
cmg vs. ImitatedOften

See the constant side of things?

Done now contributing to sidelining this thread.
Facts and results have/will always interest me.

Rats are Rats.............
Originally Posted by cmg
Couple sheep I guided last year.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lets just agree on two things -

1) you will not get a rise out of me.

2) if what I do is a thorn in your side, that is not my trouble.

We have had these run - ins before:

cmg vs. tryme
cmg vs. palewhitecracker
cmg vs. ImitatedOften

See the constant side of things?

Done now contributing to sidelining this thread.

1) Noone can hang you,better than the job you do on your yourself
2) I know a Rat when I see one,nothing more...nothing less

Them are constants...............
toltec,

have you ever met Ed Stevenson?
To your credit,you certainly impress easily.

Congratulations?!!?.............
Pray tell, what have you to offer but talk.
Which, by your own admission, is cheap.

Easy to crittle...
Common sense,exceptional judgement and an inordinate amount of trigger time with a myriad of wares.

You know...all the things you're lacking and then some.............
More talk, I see.

Put up a picture of you and your brown bear.
Too funny.

Should hang a pic of a Blackie bigger than your Brown Rat...but we'll letcha get lippy.

Fingers crossed..............
...but we'll letcha get lippy.

Good luck waiting for that to occur.

You, however, are already there.

Lots of steam and nothing cooking.
Pretty sad state of affairs,when some Flatlanding Dandy that can't even do for himself,gets into the business of cashing checks to do same for clients.

One of a plethora of reasons that the AK Guide MANDATE is asteaming crock of schitt. Snakes like you are landed an opportunity to fleece the unsuspecting.

That'd be a shame and on many levels...........
Now we are getting somewhere -

you are not contend with the legislation of your state.

So get involved - rally for change.

Quit standing on the sidelines biting ankles.

Personal attacks again get you nowhere.

Facts are not personal.

"Content"...not contend.

You bat a nice "average"................
Originally Posted by cmg
More talk, I see.

Put up a picture of you and your brown bear.

I asked him to post 'em up too, So far haven't seen squat. Nice bear, nice sheep BTW.
Nice comedy!..............
cmg and JGRaider, you boys have a lot of posts between ya. I went back and read several of IO's posts on other threads. Like you said he's run up a bunch of posts in the last 3 weeks. He's one of 2 things either somebody POd with an axe to grind with you guys and others, or more likely a damned troll, getting his jollies over this internet fencing duel. Either way, I'd just ignore him. He ain't worth it. You boys just keep posting the good things that you do and let him go ph**k himself.

maddog
Thanks, Raider.

Maddog,

right you are. IO is a known character. Resurfaces every so often, struts his stuff (barks up everybodies tree) and gets thrown off the board eventually.

Like clockwork. So, no sweat. Thanks for your consideration.
cmg and JGRaider, you boys have a lot of posts between ya. I went back and read several of IO's posts on other threads. Like you said he's run up a bunch of posts in the last 3 weeks. He's one of 2 things either somebody POd with an axe to grind with you guys and others, or more likely a damned troll, getting his jollies over this internet fencing duel. Either way, I'd just ignore him. He ain't worth it. You boys just keep posting the good things that you do and let him go ph**k himself.

maddog

'dog,

Certainly no axe. Cutcha a $15K check,sluice a Rat and expound upon how "fulfilling" it is. To sweeten it,make sure it's to a clueless boob,who's been out of pocket in another country for 9yrs and is really "knowed up".

Tough to top that humor...............

You're right maddog......too many good guys around do fool around with this loser. Thanks for setting me straight!
The Rats do Runneth Over...scurry away ladies...........
'dog,

Certainly no axe. Cutcha a $15K check,sluice a Rat and expound upon how "fulfilling" it is. To sweeten it,make sure it's to a clueless boob,who's been out of pocket in another country for 9yrs and is really "knowed up".

Tough to top that humor...............

If thats no axe to grind...

With your ill intend firmly cemented, I conclude my participation at this point.
I reckon you do find them facts unsettling...............
No so much as I find them untrue - except the knowledgeable part.

1) I am a guide; not an outfitter. The outfitter gets paid by the client and in turn pays the guide.

2) I live in Germany - am a german citizen.

I do not know where the 9 years come from or about the out-of-pocket-part. Made up to make you feel better, I think.

Ya know, IO....If I looked the term "dickweed" up in the dictionary....I'm sure there would be a picture of you there. whistle wink

maddog
Originally Posted by cmg

1) You cash checks
2) That was the point

YOU mentioned 9yrs.................
Ya know, IO....If I looked the term "dickweed" up in the dictionary....I'm sure there would be a picture of you there. whistle wink

maddog

Look up RAT...you are there,for a few reasons...........

at ease boys.. stand down and take a breather
Never got uneased,though more than a little amused.

I've seen Raccoons bigger than the one "Bear" and there was milk on the Brownies lips...tough to top that sorta humor...............
Originally Posted by cmg
toltec,

have you ever met Ed Stevenson?

Don't get me started.
Wish the topic wouldn't get hijacked with someone's "issues". How bout gettin back to info on "bear hunt on a budget".
still need to know where the OP is located.
Let's put some things into context. maddog's sad,because she is utterly clueless and talking out her azz,though on the brightside...it's "substantiated" by a "Guide" who likes to lie through her teeth. Both are smitten with outright Rats and take offense at the fact.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'd simply say my 13yr old daughter has far more experience,in conjunction with far better results and I'd trust her ability to judge critters,far more than those two clowns.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Bucks%20and%20Bears/MonsterMash.jpg[/img]

Gotta say however,that the humor is PRICELESS!...............
I shot a little dink wormy bear once... blush
I am glad now that I didn't take pictures, eh? laugh

All said than done Maddog got off his ass went out and shot a bear..
Dead bear = good bear
Same with wolves..
Not sure which is funnier.. the ear grab on the cub, or the world's happiest bear hunter.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That's known as the Paradise smile. It's endemic to a certain archipelago (island for those in Chula Vista) in Alaska.

Don't mess with Sister. She is a dead shot.
Ya know, I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I just couldn' help my self grin

IO you just gradiated from "dickweed" to "phu** stick". All to you ole boy! grin

maddog
Uh oh...I see taped turrets and adjustable objective. Why handicap the girl so?
Raising kids right and with a full understanding of firearm safety is important,both for their wellbeing and those of others. Note the open bolt. Sister long ago perfected nonchalance,if only because exceptional results happen right regular for her.

Others raise their kids with far less thought or concern,letting them fawn cocked & locked. I imagine maddog is their grandfather and would allow it all to make perfect sense.

[Linked Image]

As to rifle observations,DD rather missed the mark. The A/O is in fact taped in place,while extra tape for muzzle protection is wrapped around the turret cap's circumference. Great place/way to carry extry,for those who give safety and performance a thunk(I do).

Sister shoots more than a whole bunch and with luck someone will get lippy enough,that I'll upload some video...............

[Linked Image]

The Aileen Wuornos death stare clearly says she's having the time of her life.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
The Aileen Wuornos death stare clearly says she's having the time of her life.
[Linked Image]

I think it' more like; "holy shcit, I just shot a 504# blackie and dad ain't helpin get it out", look my self.
[Linked Image]

your son used to be cute. Now he looks like kurt cobain.
upon further reading, I see this is not your son. I apologize
Too funny!

Always a riot to get commentary from The Do-nothing Gang. Though I'm curious to know where all the "Guides" went?

As an aside,504lbs is quite a slight,but I savvy that noone else dabbles in such rare air,in the firsthand...............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Whats your opinion of the Marmot gloves your daughter is wearing in the steelhead pics?

Thanks
Weather you agree or disagree, like or dislike IO I think you should leave comment about his family out of your post. They have nothing to do with the converstion and you never know when they might be spending some of their time reading post. I know if my daughter had her picture on the web she would want to see it. I think we all agree that we have to get the younger generation involved and by making smart comments about them is a good way to turn them off to being part of this group.
+ 1 to what buckbuster wrote. Leave the insults and derogatory comments for IO himself.
IO this is the second post I've come across that you have ruined with your seemingly endless need to be in a pizzing match with someone. We had a fellow here at work that was like that.A crew working in harmony drove the guy nuts and he was not happy until there was conflict and strive amoung the crew. No one was sad to see him go at all.
You brought the insults upon your daughter by frustrating a lot of people here at the campfire with your insults to them.Childish on your part and childish on there part. This type of behavior really pizzes me off. I go on this site to read and correspond with others on subjects I/We like to talk about. I do not come here to read a bunch of mud slinging by people who resemble monkeys in a tree flinging their crap at one another.
To all the people who feed into guys like IO,just stop posting or direct your next post to something other than getting into it with him. In other words "ignore" ...."do not feed or encourage the trolls"
You guys must have never heard of Big Stick. laugh
Name sounds familiar...
Poor,poor STEW...all lathered up and tears streaming down her face. Quite a spectacle she's made of herself.

Why would a 13yr old girl take umbrage at distraught grown men,who have never had anything bordering her success(es),reiterate that very fact long and loud? She'd laugh and I'd side with the finding.

She passes things up and lets things go,that exceed your wildest Dreams...let alone actual "results". Humor like that is to be fully appreciated in it's grandeur.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though she'll happily pull the trigger when the time comes and I admittedly gotta sorta keep her reeled in.

[Linked Image]

Someone mentioned the gloves. In fairness,I've seen nothing better,but that doesn't mean I'm not still looking.

Fingers crossed,hoping for lippiness and an opening to rub noses in same. Or that someone will book a Hunt with the above lying "Guide"...though we all know better than THAT...............

Spot and stalk is the only way to go IMO. S.East Alaska on a DIY hunt would be my recommendation to you. Glass the slopes and put a stalk on a blackie is a challenging hunt and one you would not soon forget.Wish you could come to B.C. and I would take you but you need to hire a guide here.
What rifle you planning on using? being a rifle loonie I am always interested in what other hunters are using.
CMG,you seem to have a bit of experience under your belt with the 1895 guide gun. What load are you using? I picked up an 1895 G.G. but have not had a chance to use it yet. Loaded up some hornady 350's and have it all sighted in for 100yds bang on. Maybe Moose this fall but most likely have to wait until spring bear season.
As a side note you mentioned you were from Germany,what part? My parents and sisters are from Germany(Hamburg) and I am the first "Canuck".
She likes to fish, but hates to hunt?

As an aside,504lbs is quite a slight,but I savvy that noone else dabbles in such rare air,in the firsthand...............

Wasn't trying to slight it man. That a big [bleep] bear is all I was trying to say.

How big is it?
Originally Posted by tzone
Wasn't trying to slight it man. That a big [bleep] bear is all I was trying to say.

How big is it?

You'll have to let him dip his sack into your mouth before getting an answer without being insulted to your obvious inferiority. If you wish, you can register to a website for those who suck his balls at www.asrealasitgets.net
In fairness,HUGE can't be slighted,but most haven't the experience to fully grasp said magnitude.

I get a kick outta Dumbhorn,he'd be doing good to keep the two retards pictured,from shooting a hole in the house or someone,given his penchant to hand 'em loaded wares for posterity.

Shaking my head,that some think so little of their kids.

Sister has "the look",fairly well mastered and them that is slighted,always fall victim to same. Pretty funny,for alotta reasons!

Nawwwwwww...funnier than that............
I'd be grumpy if I were you too.
[Linked Image]

Admittedly, I'm NO "bear whisperer". But when you have space remaining between a Zeiss Classic (10x40 I assume) and a set of Leica LRF resting on a bears noggin'.... he's without doubt a BIG bear.

What where the measurements (nose to tail and girth of chest)?
I'd be grumpy if I were you too.

I'd probably blow my brains out and make the world a better place. You've probably forgotten more than he'll ever know.
In fairness,HUGE can't be slighted,but most haven't the experience to fully grasp said magnitude.

I get a kick outta Dumbhorn,he'd be doing good to keep the two retards pictured,from shooting a hole in the house or someone,given his penchant to hand 'em loaded wares for posterity.

Shaking my head,that some think so little of their kids.

Sister has "the look",fairly well mastered and them that is slighted,always fall victim to same. Pretty funny,for alotta reasons!

Nawwwwwww...funnier than that............

I see you fell off the deep end again.Put the bottle down..A closed bolt in a pic, big [bleep] deal..
Too funny.

That you can't connect the dots associated with a closed bolt,striker cocked and safety off...amongst retards.

If only because you are one too................

Pink hoodie/blue nails,releasing big feesh,classic.
Too funny.

That you can't connect the dots associated with a closed bolt,striker cocked and safety off...amongst retards.

If only because you are one too................

Ya, no way there aint a round chambered
Stew,

I am between Berlin and the polish border.

Have used my guide gun here since 2001 on pigs, red deer, fallow deer and roe deer.

Tryed many bullets, including a 440 gr. lead cast from a mountain molds custom. 83% meplat. Below is the bullet in between a couple .500N.E. 570gr. Barnes XLC.

[Linked Image]

That bullet is loaded to 1600 fps from my GG.

Last two years I have used the 300 gr. TSX @ 1700 fps. (left)

[Linked Image]

The bullet on the right is a GS Custom all copper FN.
400gr. at 1750 fps. Its what I use in AK.

Hey,getting back to talking about guns and such instead of all that other silly stuff.CMG, I am getting 1750ish from my load using 350 gr Hornady's.Do not know if this is the "best" bullet for moose but it shoots well. Also have some Speer 400 gr bullets,but the 350's shoot better for sure.
A lying "Guide" and a Canuck trying to talk bullets,ballistics and "results"...couldn't get much funnier than that. Then another dummy,wishes to embrace the most unsafe of gun handling practices. Really couldn't get much better,excepting the Rats pictured,which do admittedly take things to a whole 'nother level.

Let's keep it real.

My then 10yr old,(1) 140XLC inserted via 7-08 and this skull combined with Sister's above,Grosses 43-12/16" B&C.

[Linked Image]

Let's add a little perspective and let Sister bait another hook.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Too funny!..................

I have to agree with everyone who has suggested SE Alaska. I took my one and only black bear near Petersburg. I did it for just a little over $3k with taxidermy. While my bear isn�t the biggest ever taken it is a good representative of the species. My bear�s skull measured 19-1/4� and he aged at 9 years. Defiantly made an excellent rug to hang on the wall and an experience I�ll never forget and I made a friend for life in Todd, whom I didn�t know until he invited me on this trip. We introduced ourselves to each other on a forum not much different from this one.

My bear after a shoulder shot with a .30-06 pushing a 200 grain Nosler Partition.

[Linked Image]

Posing for Pictures with my trophy, no Boone & Crockett bear but a hunt to remember.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Todd with his first Alaskan black bear as well. He used a .358 JDJ Contender.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For me it has never been about the animal as much as it has been about the experience.
Nice bears.Glad to see things worked out for you. Hope the original poster "Spotshooter" finds the same type of success with his search for a bear.
[If you wish, you can register to a website for those who suck his balls at www.asrealasitgets.net

That does indeed seem to be the website where he should be using the name 'Imitated Often" grin

Note to ball suckers: It's only interesting/amusing if you are the first one to use a distinctive posting style. Everyone after the first is basically a toadie wannabe. wink

Never seen so many grown men try to imitate the way a guy posts online.........(grin)

Pathetic actually. smile
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

So if a guy wanted to try it out, which type of bear and why.
What would you be sure to get out of it, and how much would you expect to pony up for the hunt.

I'm paying off my DIY gear so after that I'm planning on doing the extended hunts for what I can't do with my DIY stuff.

Spotshooter:

Trying to get back to the original subject of your post and hoping to avoid additional derrogatory comments.

I agree with taylorce1 SE Alaska is a great place to hunt black bears and for $2K-$5K it's about all you can afford. You can get bears in Canada but a nonresident has to hire a guide and that sends the price way up. Even in Alaska a nonresident has to hire a guide to hunt brown/grizzly bears, again the price goes way up. So that leaves black bears.

Right now reserve a U.S. Forest Service cabin on the Stikine River Delta for next May, and reserve a boat rental. Fly to Petersberg Alaska, pickup your rented boat and go to the cabin. Spend a week and you should get several chances to take a black bear which should be grasing on the tide flats as soon as they exit hibernation. You can pay for all of that and your nonresident hunting license/tags for $2K-$3K.

KC

My then 10yr old,(1) 140XLC inserted via 7-08 and this skull combined with Sister's above,Grosses 43-12/16" B&C.
[Linked Image]

That poor boy looks like he'd rather be playing basketball with his buddies - but I'm sure he's into hunting and hanging out with Dad these days. What's a "gross" score on a bear?

Spotshooter, It's obvious you should go to Alaska for black bears, POW island...
Originally Posted by Gatehouse
[If you wish, you can register to a website for those who suck his balls at www.asrealasitgets.net

That does indeed seem to be the website where he should be using the name 'Imitated Often" grin

Note to ball suckers: It's only interesting/amusing if you are the first one to use a distinctive posting style. Everyone after the first is basically a toadie wannabe. wink

Never seen so many grown men try to imitate the way a guy posts online.........(grin)

You mean to tell me there is more than one "dink" with a severe personality disorder,unbelievable. And they try to copy one another!! How can guys with so much "real world experience,greater than any of us can comprehend" need to copy others. LMAO at these clowns.....LOL
Dumbhorn's disorders,much curtails her visitation rights and handing those "special" kids loaded rifles with the safety off,do not help her cause. Though in fairness,stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving.

I see the whiners here are more than a little hesistant to talk Bears and for good reasons,as Rats & Rubs don't leave much to discuss...so lets add a 1000 more words of concise commentary.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'..................

Skull?
Look at the head on that one!

great bear.
I see the whiners here are more than a little hesistant to talk Bears and for good reasons,as Rats & Rubs don't leave much to discuss...so lets add a 1000 more words of concise commentary.

Damn nice bear, but get over yourself - you live where big bears grow on trees. And FYI, I've custody of my kids who are smarter/taller than you.
oh god, you said tree's...wait for it...wait for it..
Look at the little "raisins" for eyes! Now that's a pumpkin head.

Alright, how long are you going to hold everyone in suspense or have guessing?? What did he score?
Dumbhorn's disorders,much curtails her visitation rights and handing those "special" kids loaded rifles with the safety off,do not help her cause. Though in fairness,stupidity is the gift that keeps on giving.

[Linked Image]

Nice bear. I have a few nice ones, too, as the coast of BC grows a few big ones, as well. You can easily see the size of that bear with the well spaced ears and the forehead "crease" so typical of good sized bears. That is a good note for new bear hunters, BTW...Ear space on a bear may look good because of "saggy" skin in the spring, but small ears + forehead crease + swaggering body= mature bear.

But it's still funny to see so many toadies try to make posts like Big Stick..............(grin)

Lots of things to keep a person occupied doing a coastal hunt and of course I'm partial to SE Alaska.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Shoalcove/4th1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/Shoalcove/FISH1/Halibut1July.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Steelhead,

Beautiful pictures, and a good point the bear hunt is only a small part of the experience when you go to Alaska. I can't wait until I can get back again. We tagged out by our second full day in Alaska. We had beautiful sunny days and the bears were out in force. Our last few days weren't as nice and the bear spotting was a little less frequent.
If I didn't live in a state with bears, I'd go to Alaska or BC. Awesome places no doubt. I've been to AK 4 times in the last 3 years, but never to hunt. I was just there in July for a week.
That's the beauty of spring bear hunting in SE. So much daylight and so much to do. I can't come up with a reason to start chasing bears before about 4pm, so that gives one the entire day to do other stuff.
Look at the head on that one!

Yeah, and the bears pretty big too!
grin

[Linked Image]

Don't be too impressed by this...the gnome in the pic is about 5'4"...more mustache than man, really.
SE Alaska bears are everywhere.
Not exactly a challenge to find and shoot a big one.
lets see yours then.....
© 24hourcampfire