Home
Posted By: Old_Toot More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
Texas experiencing ‘massive outbreak ‘ according to Governor Abbot.

Houston Emergency and ICUs at near capacity.

Flave, thoughts ?
Posted By: Aviator Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
I’m in Dallas county at the moment and mask are mandatory out in public here, I was in a well known gun builders shop today and they had lost two close friends to Covid.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Flave, thoughts ?

Not Flave, but I'd suggest if you are near death already, stay home.

Yes, I am a rocket scientist.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
That damn African dust has me screwed up!
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
Originally Posted by RemModel8

Flave, thoughts ?

Good one, Rem !

Wonder how much the demonstrators contributed to this ?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
Pretty good spike in Louisiana cases reported, primarily in New Orleans, yet again.

Louisiana Governor holding up on phase 2. Whatever the phook that means.
Posted By: javman Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/24/20
Part of the problem with this in my area way down here is there are droves of people going to the beach (SPI) and drinking leads to carelessness. The other being the option of not having to wear a mask when they reopened. Had a friend who's employee decided to go to a high school graduation party, 31 went 31 came back positive.

Flave, thoughts ?

Good one, Rem !

Wonder how much the demonstrators contributed to this ?

Couldn't care any less if I tried. I'm going to do what I'm going to do, regardless. Of course I don't live in liberal hellholes.
Don't catch it, they say it's pretty unpleasant. Even deadly for old pharts.

The play book says back to square one. Lockdown everybody. The Chinese then tested everyone. Hard to do, but that is step two. You can't wish it way.
Here's a hint, ANTIFA doesn't care what the government says, why the heck should a taxpaying man with a family care?

When people say 'poachers should be hung' when 73% burger is $10 a pound, screw them.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Just a flu nothing to worry about ..
Posted By: shoots100 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by Salty303

I hope the outbreak is of a weaker strain, as from first hand experience seeing patients and family members die from covid, it's nothing to [bleep] around with.
It makes underlying conditions worse and will kill you in 24 hrs without proper treatment.
Getting early treatment is the key, as if you need to be on a ventilator, your chances of survival are in the lower percentages, especially for the elderly.
My Sister in law worked in a nursing home and got it in early April.
It screwed her up real bad and she's still dealing with the aftereffects.
She had Lyme two years ago and said that it feels like having Lyme on steroids.
Stay Safe.
SJC
Posted By: ribka Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

Congrats I see Canada, and your racist black face ruler, was just was downgraded.

enjoy your bread lines

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/fitch-strips-canada-aaa-rating
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Yup, just a little flu. You guys still want to push that alternative fact?

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...68a1d1237b1eb6728caa2c57&oe=5F1A2F83

An eight of a million deaths in the US in just over 3 months. Things are pickin' up steam, with no end in sight. No problem, right?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
When BLM is arrested and convicted. When antifa is arrested and convicted. Maybe then we will worry about the virus.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
When BLM is arrested and convicted. When antifa is arrested and convicted. Maybe then we will worry about the virus.

Doubtful. Very.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

Snake,,,just give the fuggers the virus for a win/win.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

My friend and his girlfriend decided to through caution to the wind and took several road trips, have been eating out, going to church, and even went dancing at a bar. They both have it now so it's probably good I skipped his birthday party. Both are sick but nothing too serious yet.

I got an email today that someone at work tested positive. I don't see going back in for a while. I keep thinking about renting a house some place nicer than Austin. I got a Wyoming elk tag so maybe there?
Originally Posted by shoots100

I hope the outbreak is of a weaker strain, as from first hand experience seeing patients and family members die from covid, it's nothing to [bleep] around with.
It makes underlying conditions worse and will kill you in 24 hrs without proper treatment.
Getting early treatment is the key, as if you need to be on a ventilator, your chances of survival are in the lower percentages, especially for the elderly.
Stay Safe.
SJC

I was being facetious shoots, I agree its definitely something people don't want in their lives. Hope the latest upswing is short lived.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Bullshit.

Stay Safe.
SJC

I was being facetious shoots, I agree its definitely something people don't want in their lives. Hope the latest upswing is short lived.

We all hope that it’s short lived but with all of the “mixing “ of late that’ll just have to play out in its own time.

Hope you guys are spared from it, Salty.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
The vaccine will instantly cure it on Nov 3rd.
Originally Posted by mirage243
The vaccine will instantly cure it on Nov 3rd.

Gotta point there.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

An eight of a million deaths in the US in just over 3 months. Things are pickin' up steam, with no end in sight. No problem, right?

So the racist and terroristic BLM/ANTIFA riots cause a spike in case?. Any educated person is not surprised. Go put a garage door rope around your neck loser
Massive outbreak, but how potentate is it this strain?

Cases allegedly are going up, while deaths are going down.

Let me know when the death rate spikes again.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
People need to get it so we can beat it as a herd.

It's not a death sentence if you are under 65 and reasonably healthy.

I figure 70-80 million positives will kill it. Of course we'll have another virus coming from Asia this fall. What we gonna do then? Let all the Karen's shut us down again?
Increased testing plays a part in this one would think.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Potentate.

I like it.
Posted By: doubletap Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
I’ve been watching the news. It appears that when riots are up, Covid is down. Based on what’s been reported, we need more riots.
Originally Posted by ribka

Congrats I see Canada, and your racist black face ruler, was just was downgraded.

enjoy your bread lines

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/fitch-strips-canada-aaa-rating

Thanks for the kind words. Oh well we'll just have to slum it at AA+ for a while I guess. btw we don't have bread lines we're in to tortillas

So the racist and terroristic BLM/ANTIFA riots cause a spike in case?. Any educated person is not surprised.

Doesn't look like it. AZ, TX, FL? Big up swings with no riots to speak of. Appears to be just Southern good luck.
Originally Posted by doubletap
I’ve been watching the news. It appears that when riots are up, Covid is down. Based on what’s been reported, we need more riots.

Bingo

Stay Safe.
SJC

We all hope that it’s short lived but with all of the “mixing “ of late that’ll just have to play out in its own time.

Hope you guys are spared from it, Salty.

cheers Toot back atcha
Posted By: ackleydave Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
My neighbors brother lives in Florida (age 71) and wasn’t feeling well so decided to get tested. By the time the positive test results were back he was feeling fine. Seems like no rhyme or reason when it comes to how bad it hits a person. Just my opinion. Dave
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
More testing, more positives. A positive test is treated as a death sentence by the media. A positive test does not mean death. Truth is that very few get sick. Use reasonable precautions such as washing hands and avoiding sick people. If you must get near someone sick, wear a mask.

More positives, fewer deaths. But, if your health is compromised stay away from others especially groups of unknown people.

This is not rocket science. We have been scammed by falsi (Fauci) and company.

Get back to living. To quote FDR: the only thing you have to fear is fear itself.
Posted By: Terryk Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
The percentage of positive cases is coming down, at least according to the CDC link. The rate of hospitalization is way down. So detecting wuhan, but not seeing negative impact is the real story.

My county has the highest number of positives this week since April, but no one is in the hospital. And reportedly all 11 did not know they were sick. It is done as screening, not symptoms. Of course the liberal news rag says the sky is falling.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

So the racist and terroristic BLM/ANTIFA riots cause a spike in case?. Any educated person is not surprised.

Doesn't look like it. AZ, TX, FL? Big up swings with no riots to speak of. Appears to be just Southern good luck.

All 3 states love the outdoors.

New Orleans is just,,,,New Orleans.
Originally Posted by Terryk
The percentage of positive cases is coming down, at least according to the CDC link. The rate of hospitalization is way down. So detecting wuhan, but not seeing negative impact is the real story.

My county has the highest number of positives this week since April, but no one is in the hospital. And reportedly all 11 did not know they were sick. It is done as screening, not symptoms. Of course the liberal news rag says the sky is falling.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

Except for the Texas headline.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Lockdown everybody.

But what if they don't want locked down?
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Lockdown everybody.

Let’s all protest, Bear.

That seems to work.
Well in my 1/2 of my state, more positive due to more tests. Many more people officially have/had it, and the hospitals have no patients. Net result is herd immunity.
Largest hospital lust laid off 250 people, or 10%, due to no patients. No covid, and no other cases or PM procedures due to fear.
Probably a lot of stage 2 cancers got up to stage 4, that will be the real loss, well that and jobs.
Well in my 1/2 of my state, more positive due to more tests. Many more people officially have/had it, and the hospitals have no patients. Net result is herd immunity.
Largest hospital lust laid off 250 people, or 10%, due to no patients. No covid, and no other cases or PM procedures due to fear.
Probably a lot of stage 2 cancers got up to stage 4, that will be the real loss, well that and jobs.

This whole thing about Covid reminds one of the man in a silo that ran himself to death looking for a corner to scchitt in.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Personally, I think we all have it.
Posted By: deflave Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

Flave, thoughts ?

I feel like I've made my thoughts pretty clear regarding The Corona.

Did you have a specific question?
It's not just how many tests, it's the percentage of positives. Which they don't always mention. This gives you an idea of the rate of community spread.

In BC,we had a bad day Monday, 19 new cases and a death. Most days it 10 new cases and no deaths.
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
It's not just how many tests, it's the percentage of positives. Which they don't always mention. This gives you an idea of the rate of community spread.

In BC,we had a bad day Monday, 19 new cases and a death. Most days it 10 new cases and no deaths.

How many die of the flu every year in Canada?

another major in trans gender studies responds
lmao

More importantly, who cares?
Posted By: Esox357 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Send China our own lab created virus that they can attempt to copy.

I haven't a clue, you can do the arithmetic if you want, just go 1/10 of yours'.. That's a close ballpark on most things. But I thought we discussing the spread of COVID-19 .
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Traveled thru there this weekend.

Only stopped for gas and did not see folks dropping like flies.

The Buckey's east of there was going full bore and only saw some older folks wearing masks.

Time to crank up the fear machine and screw up those that are not susceptible.

Kill them all !!!!!

Humans were not meant to be shut off for long periods of time.

Where is me some more free money !!!!!!
Originally Posted by Whiptail

My friend and his girlfriend decided to through caution to the wind and took several road trips, have been eating out, going to church, and even went dancing at a bar. They both have it now so it's probably good I skipped his birthday party. Both are sick but nothing too serious yet.

What symptoms do they have? Fever? Cough?
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Traveled thru there this weekend.

Only stopped for gas and did not see folks dropping like flies.

The Buckey's east of there was going full bore and only saw some older folks wearing masks.

Time to crank up the fear machine and screw up those that are not susceptible.

Kill them all !!!!!

Humans were not meant to be shut off for long periods of time.

Where is me some more free money !!!!!!

Already talking about more stimulus money. Hold on to that debit card.
Originally Posted by deflave

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

Your thoughts on Texas Governor Abbot’s comments about the massive outbreak.

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

Fuqk that sawed off sumbeotch. 😁😁

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

My thoughts on hospitals receiving more Corona patients after opening things back up is "No fugking schit."

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

My thoughts on hospitals receiving more Corona patients after opening things back up is "No fugking schit."

Massive outbreak, Dude !!
Posted By: KFWA Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

more testing and

high risk people have been identified and they aren't going out into it

my .02 cents
Originally Posted by KFWA

more testing and

high risk people have been identified and they aren't going out into it

my .02 cents

Pretty much it.

Sure thing.
I know two people that have had full blown Bologna virus.

One guy said he could "hardly drink" while recovering.

The other said batting practice made him tired as fugk and he had to sleep the rest of the day.
Odd that we're full into summer and it's not gone yet. Usually airborne viruses fade away by now. Not reassuring.

Sure thing.

Think,,more stimulus money, more 600$/week Federal unemployment plus State unemployment.

The good times are back again.
Posted By: cfran Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

Man are you a whinny dude. It’s called herd immunity, let it spread. As my doctor told me last week, this virus is just politicized. Nothing more than a bad case of the flu, if you are reasonably healthy you should NOT worry. If you aren’t healthy then hunker down. Pretty simple and most sheep can’t use their own brains.

Carry on . . .
Originally Posted by cfran

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

Man are you a whinny dude. It’s called herd immunity, let it spread. As my doctor told me last week, this virus is just politicized. Nothing more than a bad case of the flu, if you are reasonably healthy you should NOT worry. If you aren’t healthy then hunker down. Pretty simple and most sheep can’t use their own brains.

Carry on . . .

Gee,,,how fuggin poignant.

Sheer brilliance.
And what part do you struggle with?

Suspect you are an MD as well.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Odd that we're full into summer and it's not gone yet. Usually airborne viruses fade away by now. Not reassuring.

I hope this is an attempt at humor.

Gee,,,how fuggin poignant.

Sheer brilliance.

This virus is no different than any other.

It needs to burn through.

Immunity develops and it morphs accordingly.

Struggling with none of it. I’ve got your good advice to rely upon.

Please continue. More information is preferable to too little.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

Flave, thoughts ?

Yeah.

As Asked :

Carry on . . .

This!
The real important number is the availability Of ICU beds.

Just heard that Houston is all full up.

Isn't cold and flu season a winter thing, mainly? During the summer we are typically free from whatever virus was going around during the winter. That's always been my perception, anyway.
Posted By: Raeford Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
If scared, quarantine yourself.
It really IS this simple.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

What you are or what you do for a living doesn't mean shyt on the fire. Everybody's an expert at everything. The mechanics know just as much about guns as the gunsmiths, the city slickers know as much about farming as the farmers and the farmers know as much about medicine as the doctors. Hell there's even guys from Texas, Florida and Montana that know more about life in my home town in upstate NY than I do. It's absolutley fuggin amazing. Just thought you should know so you won't question any of the great wisdom here from now on.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

Just heard that Houston is all full up.

"Houston, we have a problem . . . "
Breaking news!!

There is no cure for the common cold. Let’s crash the economy and ruin people’s lives along with their entire family’s.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

What you are or what you do for a living doesn't mean shyt on the fire. Everybody's an expert at everything. The mechanics know just as much about guns as the gunsmiths, the city slickers know as much about farming as the farmers and the farmers know as much about medicine as the doctors. Hell there's even guys from Texas, Florida and Montana that know more about life in my home town in upstate NY than I do. It's absolutley fuggin amazing. Just thought you should know so you won't question any of the great wisdom here from now on.

fran wasn’t questioning, Blackheart. He was just being,,,”helpful “.

Spot on

You know two things:

Jack & schit.
Posted By: antlers Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Truth.

Isn't cold and flu season a winter thing, mainly? During the summer we are typically free from whatever virus was going around during the winter. That's always been my perception, anyway.

Nothing about a cold, flu, or The Bologna virus is airborne.

At all.

I surely don’t have all the answers. But know a ton of docs and am related to quite a few more. So that gives me a unique perspective, and perhaps I should have shared that in advance. Sorry I hit a vein, clearly many are on edge about the virus.

You know two things:

Jack & schit.
That's two more than you clown boy.

I surely don’t have all the answers. But know a ton of docs and am related to quite a few more. So that gives me a unique perspective, and perhaps I should have shared that in advance. Sorry I hit a vein, clearly many are on edge about the virus.

You didn’t hit a vein. You missed the whole arm.

Dude . Get some advice on chilling out.

Thank me later.

Nothing about a cold, flu, or The Bologna virus is airborne.

At all.

Oh, that's the part you were responding to? Airborne really just means you don't need direct contact with the person or surfaces he/she just touched to get it. So if you are close to someone who has it and they're sneezing or coughing, you can get it. It's not just floating around in the air outside.
Really? Pretty sure I’m about as relaxed as one can get, thank you very much. Carry on . . .
Really? Pretty sure I’m about as relaxed as one can get, thank you very much. Carry on . . .
That doesn't matter. You haven't been here enough to be an expert in every field yet. That takes at least 10,000 posts and a pretty advanced case of alcoholism.
There is a lot of "Oh wait a minute ." with this disease. It hasn't been helped by the authorities not wanting to panic people. So what you get instead is a vague warning .

You’re welcome.

For future reference, you should know that approximately 99% of threads concerning Covid are pretty much tongue in cheek types of exchanges. That and a fair amount of ‘sarchasm’.

It’ll be okay.
There is a lot of "Oh wait a minute ." with this disease. It hasn't been helped by the authorities not wanting to panic people. So what you get instead is a vague warning .

Lots of definite maybes.

Just know that,,,,,”they” have a handle on it.
Posted By: KFWA Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
All regular ICU beds in the Texas Medical Center are now being used, according to numbers just released on the TMC website, but officials say they can add more.

Hospitals in Houston's Medical Center will now move some ICU patients to beds not normally used for critical care.

Twenty-eight percent of the ICU patients are being treated for COVID-19.

Even as surge capacity is reached, Houston hospital leaders sent a warning.

"If this trend continues, our hospital system capacity will become overwhelmed," TMC leaders warned Houstonians in a letter Wednesday.

On Thursday, four CEOs who signed that letter backed off, saying the level of alarm is "unwarranted."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
28%, interesting. On 11/3 this will all be over, period.
My sister was in ICU for a while recently. During that time she had a dedicated ICU nurse . Just because you have the bed doesn't mean you will get that level of care It's the staff as well.. ICU recovery rates from COVID-19 vary greatly. I would suggest you avoid checking that out.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Lockdown everybody.

Let’s all protest, Bear.

That seems to work.

The local news idiots says the protestors have not seen a "surge" however the folks that didn't protest are sick.
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Lockdown everybody.

Let’s all protest, Bear.

That seems to work.

The local news idiots says the protestors have not seen a "surge" however the folks that didn't protest are sick.

Young folks protesting. Haven’t seen too many geezers throwing Molotov’s or camping out in occupations or packing ARs.
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

Wife had her appendix removed last week at a hospital in southern Indiana. They have twice the numbers of reported cases and deaths than KY. The hospital looked like it was abandoned. Parking lot empty and just the usual walkins at the Emergency Room. I mean nobody was there to speak of other than hospital staff.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
Posted By: Fubarski Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20
You know two things:

Jack & schit.

Not fair.

He also knows how ta break his jaw and face, on other people's knuckles.

Regularly.
Posted By: add Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/25/20

That'll leave a mark.

Maybe not, those Covidians are a determined bunch.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by Fubarski
You know two things:

Jack & schit.

Not fair.

Regularly.
Not much considering the number of fights. Muhammad Ali had his jaw broken too and often spent days in the hospital recovering after a fight. Course little pussies like you wouldn't know anything about it. Most likely never been in a fight in your life.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
You know two things:

Jack & schit.

Not fair.

Regularly.
Not much considering the number of fights. Muhammad Ali had his jaw broken too and often spent days in the hospital recovering after a fight. Course little pussies like you wouldn't know anything about it. Most likely never been in a fight in your life.

Only thing you've ever posted that's believable, is that people beat the shat outta you.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
You know two things:

Jack & schit.

Not fair.

Regularly.

Only thing you've ever posted that's believable, is that people beat the shat outta you.
Never said anybody beat the shyt outta me dummy. I was in a boxing club. Something a punk like you would never have the guts to do.
Posted By: SCRUBS Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by KFWA
All regular ICU beds in the Texas Medical Center are now being used, according to numbers just released on the TMC website, but officials say they can add more.

Hospitals in Houston's Medical Center will now move some ICU patients to beds not normally used for critical care.

Twenty-eight percent of the ICU patients are being treated for COVID-19.

Even as surge capacity is reached, Houston hospital leaders sent a warning.

"If this trend continues, our hospital system capacity will become overwhelmed," TMC leaders warned Houstonians in a letter Wednesday.

On Thursday, four CEOs who signed that letter backed off, saying the level of alarm is "unwarranted."

Boot the illegal aliens out to make room for Americans.
Posted By: SCRUBS Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by add

That'll leave a mark.

Maybe not, those Covidians are a determined bunch.

Indeed they are, back to covid shaming it is. Bye blm, you had a nice run while it lasted....
5% is not good. Don't be misled by the steady 5%, the number of tests is increasing, so the overall number of cases is also increasing.
Posted By: Terryk Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
5% is not good. Don't be misled by the steady 5%, the number of tests is increasing, so the overall number of cases is also increasing.

Yes the numbers of cases are higher due to testing. Yes the slope of % positive cases is going down. And yes, the impact of the virus is looking less and less dangerous everyday. Many more cases, and fewer hospital stays and deaths. I say these trends are hopeful and good, unless misery is your friend. The trends are clear.
I'm not going to claim to be etymologist , I hope spell check got that right, modeler , but I think at 5% means community spread. Community spread is the uncontrolled spread, unlike the tracing outbreaks. that say a 1% would mean. or make possible. That is controllable. 5% of a 100 is only 5 cases, whereas 5% of a 1000 is 50. The individual state numbers would be more telling..
Posted By: Terryk Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Yes again. The CDC is saying 10X more people were infected, and the virus spread rapidly. The positive case percentage is going down, the virus spread is dying down. Downward slope is a trend, and the trend is less as time goes forward. So 3 ideas at the same time, more than expected positive, that number is trending down, not as many in the hospitals. Even worse, now younger people that were thought to not have it, actually have it with no issues. Wow how terrible. Hard to separate concept of infected and ill.
So what does that mean?
Infected is Ok if you are not ill. Bonus, that leads to herd immunity to protect the compromised.
It means social distancing did not work.
It means the virus was 10X less impactful than stated.
It means it can not be stopped, and right now that is acceptable.
That also means the failed preventative measures probably caused more harm than good.
That means looking at individual state numbers tells nothing, cherry picking data to be a chicken little benefits no one.
Posted By: rabst Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20

"No riots to speak of" does not mean there were no protests.

I can't comment on AZ or FL specifically, but, among the 15 largest cities in the US, 5 are in TX. Pretty sure that they all had protests. In San Antonio, there were wall to wall idiots, marching the streets downtown, multiple days in a row . . . during a pandemic! They were mostly "peaceful," so they didn't get much national attention. But, people were still out there, willingly crowding together, and knowingly risking the spread of infection.

Likewise in Houston, George Floyd's home town, with estimates of 60,000 plus on one day alone. Protests also occurred in Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, El Paso, and multiple other urban areas.

To suggest that the increase in COVID cases in TX is unrelated to the George Floyd protests is willful ignorance.
Posted By: deflave Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
“Wall to wall idiots” describes San Antonio pretty well.

Protests or not.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
“Wall to wall idiots” describes San Antonio pretty well.

Protests or not.

And a very close second ( if not a tie) for Austin.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by rabst

To suggest that the increase in COVID cases in TX is unrelated to the George Floyd protests is willful ignorance.

Nope. As usual, wrong again. Texas is just being stupid about bearing down and getting over this CV thing.

refusal to wear masks, keep a distance, self isolate, all that jazz, just drags the epidemic along further, continues to depress the economy and kills Trump's chances of re-election. But hey, you guys know it all smile
Originally Posted by rabst

Nope. As usual, wrong again. Texas is just being stupid about bearing down and getting over this CV thing.

refusal to wear masks, keep a distance, self isolate, all that jazz, just drags the epidemic along further, continues to depress the economy and kills Trump's chances of re-election. But hey, you guys know it all smile

Not what I see in even our small but growing bedroom community let alone the larger cities.

But you are welcome to your opinion.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Needed that. Needed mass gatherings and riots to spread this virus. How else would they justify screwing up the election?
Posted By: JSTUART Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Needed that. Needed mass gatherings and riots to spread this virus. How else would they justify screwing up the election?

Question.

Should the left successfully use this to hinder the election what are the mechanics of power in the US, specifically who holds power after the current President's term is up. Does Congress assume interim power...seriously...who?

Or does the incumbent retain power 'til election, but without the full power of the Presidency to hobble congress.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Question.

Should the left successfully use this to hinder the election what are the mechanics of power in the US, specifically who holds power after the current President's term is up. Does Congress assume interim power...seriously...who?

Or does the incumbent retain power 'til election, but without the full power of the Presidency to hobble congress.

I love how you make this [bleep] up. Ex-El Presidente' retains nothing.
Posted By: smokepole Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20

An eighth of a million, LOL. Classic. Sounds like a Huuuuge problem. What's the lethality, now that CDC is saying 10 times more people have caught it than previously thought?

Question.

Works both ways. The left should NOT be using it for political purposes, and the administration should NOT be printing money and spending it like a drunken sailor, sending checks to retirees and others who don't need it to prop up the stock market for their own politcal advantage in the upcoming election. They sent $1.4 Billion to dead people. Let that sink in. Those chickens will come home to roost, but let's keep kicking the can down the road, eh?

Question.

I was asking a question, you stupid arrogant cunt.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by smokepole

Question.

Works both ways. The left should NOT be using it for political purposes, and the administration should NOT be printing money and spending it like a drunken sailor, sending checks to retirees and others who don't need it to prop up the stock market for their own politcal advantage in the upcoming election. They sent $1.4 Billion to dead people. Let that sink in. Those chickens will come home to roost, but let's keep kicking the can down the road, eh?

1.4 Billion $ was sent to dead people ??
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
You're either going to die today, or you are not. Same as every day.

Democrats.

Well, they are now they are dead.
Posted By: MM879 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20

Question.

You are nothing more that a dim troll. The idea that retires don't financial need support in a pandemic highlights your stupidity.

Question.

This is old news - where ya been.
Originally Posted by MM879

Question.

You are nothing more that a dim troll. The idea that retires don't financial need support in a pandemic highlights your stupidity.

No, Stupid, he meant actual DEAD people. They definitely do not need financial support. The retirees probably will join the dead soon enough with this CV that they don't need the support either, but that's yet another matter.

Question.

This is old news - where ya been.

Totally missed that full amount. Last that I read it was like 550 million$ Paid out to the dead.

Must have overslept again.

Question.

No, Stupid, he meant actual DEAD people. They definitely do not need financial support. The retirees probably will join the dead soon enough with this CV that they don't need the support either, but that's yet another matter.

Trolls support Trolls

Question.

Whoaaa, big fella. Ezduzit, now.

Actually fella, the man didn't say a thing about that.

Question.

Trolls support Trolls

Are you related to Varmit Guy , by chance ?
Honestly, Other than a few restaurants opening back up, there wasn’t much changed in this area in the way people continued to do things after the lifting of the mask sanctions etc., Those w/o masks were always in a very tiny minority. Since the lifting, I been a lot of places from the coastal plain to the hill country. Witnessed little difference in this activity. All I have to go on is strictly empirical. So take it for what its worth. Even masks and sanitizer required in the old gunshop where I was employed.

Personally as I’ve said here before, I cannot help but think we have all had some form of this starting back in the winter. JMHO.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
120 million dead from the Covid per Sleepy Joe. He's gotta be the dumbest fuqking politician ever.
Posted By: joken2 Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20

No surprise that the numbers on positive Covid virus are increasing since testing has substantially increased. Now they even have mobile testing vans show up in small communities offering free Covid tests.

Don't know about other states but Kentucky's voting procedure in this just past primary was only one poling place per county which practically guaranteed more likely to test positive with every voter in a county having to vote at the same facility or else vote by mail.

Past elections each community within a county had their own polling location and depending on population some had more than one.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Here's a hint, ANTIFA doesn't care what the government says, why the heck should a taxpaying man with a family care?

When people say 'poachers should be hung' when 73% burger is $10 a pound, screw them.

I’m with you on this. More testing, more confirmed cases of people who have or had it. The higher the case numbers can translate to a lower mortality rate, unless the deaths from solely China cough are spiking too.

I won’t wear my submission signaling device unless I’m forced too.

Question.

You're a f*cking idiot. How did the pandemic negatively affect people who are not working to the extent they needed a bailout? Just one more idiot thinking the government owes you a living.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Looks like the women are out running around with their skirts over their heads. Again.

1. If you look at the order, it covers counties where blm/antifa riots occurred: Houston, Dallas, Austin. And blacks/mestisos are more vulnerable to it than whites. Maybe genetic, maybe because they don;t take personal hygiene as seriously as a population.

2. The more testing is done, the more we understand how widespread Kung Flu is and has been. The numbers indicate that we had several million folks infected or exposed and then developed antibodies in February. The lockdown was ineffective as too many folks already had it. What a flipping waste.

3. And the more testing is done and exposes just how many folks have it show just how NOT deadly Kung Flu is. It truly is analogous to a bad flu. If you are old and/or already have some serious ailment, be careful.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
It was an inescapable fact that COVID cases were going to increase as people started coming in closer contact with one another. That's the way communicable diseases work. I have continued to maintain as much physical distance from people as possible. I still mask up (for what little good that does) in public places. I still wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap regularly. I have hand sanitizer in my truck, office and at home.

Those are low load, easy precautions. I occupy a weird place in my view of this. It's serious business. I have talked to far too many friends in the medical community that were on the front lines. It is to be respected, but not feared to the point of paralysis. People need to respect it and use some damn common sense.
Posted By: Raeford Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by jfruser
Looks like the women are out running around with their skirts over their heads. Again.

1. If you look at the order, it covers counties where blm/antifa riots occurred: Houston, Dallas, Austin. And blacks/mestisos are more vulnerable to it than whites. Maybe genetic, maybe because they don;t take personal hygiene as seriously as a population.

2. The more testing is done, the more we understand how widespread Kung Flu is and has been. The numbers indicate that we had several million folks infected or exposed and then developed antibodies in February. The lockdown was ineffective as too many folks already had it. What a flipping waste.

3. And the more testing is done and exposes just how many folks have it show just how NOT deadly Kung Flu is. It truly is analogous to a bad flu. If you are old and/or already have some serious ailment, be careful.

Kalifornicate is now looking at deaths & medical records from October & November.
Some folk seem to think this chit was here well prior to 'official reports'
Seems a few of us campfire kommandos were pretty sure of this several months back. whistle

Question.

You're a f*cking idiot. How did the pandemic negatively affect people who are not working to the extent they needed a bailout? Just one more idiot thinking the government owes you a living.

You better go back to the brain trust and ask for a refund. Please tell me who the government is paying retirement on? I paid for mine! The government does owe me a living! Now get back to work, I'm expecting next months payment.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20

Question.

You better go back to the brain trust and ask for a refund. Please tell me who the government is paying retirement on? I paid for mine! The government does owe me a living! Now get back to work, I'm expecting next months payment.

Are you two no longer expecting Christmas cards from each other? Lol

Happy Trails

Bob
Posted By: BayouRover Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It was an inescapable fact that COVID cases were going to increase as people started coming in closer contact with one another. That's the way communicable diseases work. I have continued to maintain as much physical distance from people as possible. I still mask up (for what little good that does) in public places. I still wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap regularly. I have hand sanitizer in my truck, office and at home.

Those are low load, easy precautions. I occupy a weird place in my view of this. It's serious business. I have talked to far too many friends in the medical community that were on the front lines. It is to be respected, but not feared to the point of paralysis. People need to respect it and use some damn common sense.

A good post. I highlighted the last 2 sentences in your post as they are an important point that is brought up when you talk with doctors and other medical folks as to whether this is real or just a hoax.

Unfortunately this thing has been politicized to the extreme by both sides of the political aisle and by both extreme and totally opposite political beliefs, which is not helpful to anyone.

Question.

I was asking a question, you stupid arrogant cunt.

Stupid arrogant cu...nnt may be giving her too much credit

Happy Trails

Bob
Originally Posted by mirage243
120 million dead from the Covid per Sleepy Joe. He's gotta be the dumbest fuqking politician ever.

It makes you wonder when he last had an independent thought.

Happy Trails

Bob
Posted By: centershot Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20
Would personally like to see a number of people that have had it and are now over it right beside the number of cases posted on the news.
Posted By: EdM Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/26/20

Flave, thoughts ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cov...658j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Originally Posted by centershot
Would personally like to see a number of people that have had it and are now over it right beside the number of cases posted on the news.

Probably not what you want to see. It doesn't look very good for you or any other human.

But you can find it easily enough
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
I do not know if protests had anything to do with the spike but found this interesting, nontheless

https://www.newsweek.com/houston-pr...YMF-ZTj_of-MCjlW9sZM7CFmyeJPLvqegKaUnb8c
Posted By: smokepole Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20

Probably not what you want to see. It doesn't look very good for you or any other human.

CDC is now saying that up to ten times that number may have been infected, at least in the US.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20

World O Bullshit, LOL

"How it works
For the COVID-19 data, we collect data from official reports, or indirectly, through local media sources when deemed reliable."

IOW, they take reports from the ministry of propaganda, and get cited as an authority by the ministry of propaganda.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20
Well, president and vice president ends on 1/21. Next would be speaker of the house but Pelosi's term ends 1/3. So then it would be to the president pro tempore of the Senate which is Chuck Grassey whose term ends in 2023.

I think
Posted By: ribka Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20

Unfortunately for you leeroi most on here have a post 6th grade eduction
Posted By: dassa Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20
Well, president and vice president ends on 1/21. Next would be speaker of the house but Pelosi's term ends 1/3. So then it would be to the president pro tempore of the Senate which is Chuck Grassey whose term ends in 2023.

I think

Except Grassley's term as pres pro tem also could end on 1/3, unless the Republicans hold the Senate.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20
Originally Posted by dassa

I think

Except Grassley's term as pres pro tem also could end on 1/3, unless the Republicans hold the Senate.

Any which way the coming November election goes, if we lose the Senate, it’s fuggin over. Period.
Posted By: dassa Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20

I think

Any which way the coming November election goes, if we lose the Senate, it’s fuggin over. Period.

I agree. As much as I think McConnell is a weasel, he's definitely held the line on the insanity coming out of the house, and got a lot of judges in.

I think

I agree. As much as I think McConnell is a weasel, he's definitely held the line on the insanity coming out of the house, and got a lot of judges in.

The Senate being the key to the scotus and the lower Appeals Courts is the true prize. Chuck Schumer said as much.

Mitch holding back on the scotus appointment in Obama’s waning tenure said a lot and many folks missed that.
Posted By: hanco Re: More Covid Yet Again - 06/27/20
I damn dance halls aint never gonna open up again. It’s boring on Saturday nights.
Originally Posted by hanco
I damn dance halls aint never gonna open up again. It’s boring on Saturday nights.

Get naked and dance at home.
© 24hourcampfire