Home
Posted By: stxhunter one of those days. - 07/01/20
trying to finish a job in Rivera tx so I can go get my back taken care of... made it to the edge of that little town, had a blow out on my front right tire on the highway with a semi behind me.
my spare was at home because I need to get another tire on it, been putting it off so I had to take the back inside tire and use it on the front. I will be hurting tonight and will have to go back tomorrow to finish. getting a couple new tires in the morning. also blew out the sole on my boot...
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: one of those days. - 07/01/20
Hope your luck changes for the better. I have been fighting Trailer tire issues for the last week.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: one of those days. - 07/01/20
Dang I was thinking about a run that way, gas,bait and all on me but the way your luck is going I dont know now. Have some tea and relax bud.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: one of those days. - 07/01/20
Comes in 3's all the time. Hope things straighten out for you. Get you back to fishing.....
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: one of those days. - 07/01/20
That sucks!

Hope tomorrow is better!
Posted By: slumlord Re: one of those days. - 07/01/20
What you having done to your back?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Some days it's better to just stay in bed but unfortunately we don't know which ones ahead of time.

To make sure your day can be the best it can be, first thing when you awaken reach over to the nightstand and grab the toad you put there the night before, immediately chew it and swallow it as fast as you can, I will guarantee you your day will get nothing but better from there!
Posted By: rong Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
,sometimes we burn that candle and it catches up to us.
Take this long weekend and rest up
Posted By: local_dirt Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
That sucks!

Hope tomorrow is better!

Dayam, Roger.

Same here.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

f-cked it up when we hit a big wave two weeks ago, has only got worse since.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
DO. NOT. GO. FISHING!!!!!!!!

STF HOME !!!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

STF HOME !!!

lol I'm staying home even though its supposed to be nice this weekend.
Posted By: slumlord Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Doc shot me between L-4/5 with an epidural of cortisone.

That was last week, already notice a good bounce. Built 2 workbenches in the shop yesterday. Feels like I actually got something out of it (the shot)
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20

My back and knees are shot to schidt from running boats for 20 years.
Posted By: deflave Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Take care of that mainspring Roger.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20

Doc shot me between L-4/5 with an epidural of cortisone.

That was last week, already notice a good bounce. Built 2 workbenches in the shop yesterday. Feels like I actually got something out of it (the shot)

Yep. That once helped me quite a bit with mine. Definitely worth a try Roger.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20

Fill a gallon zip lock freezer bag with ice cubes, but not so full that it will burst under pressure. Squeeze out any excess air. Lay down on the ice pack for 25 minutes until the inflamed area goes completely numb. It will help reduce the inflammation. Don't lay the bag on top of your back. You want the weight and pressure of your body pressing the ice against your back. Put a plastic trash bag down with a folded towel on top of that, then the ice pack so you don't get a wet spot on your bed or sofa.

It can take several days of ice treatment two to three times a day to get the back fully back to normal depending on how bad your back is. But if the back isn't really messed up (in need of adjustment or surgery), ice alone and taking it easy on the back can get you back to normal. Of course, you want to avoid chit like changing tires or any positions that trigger the pain. When you feel up to it, using a foam roller might help too.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

STF HOME !!!

lol I'm staying home even though its supposed to be nice this weekend.

All things considered it’s good that you were driving a dually .
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Thought you were go in to the doctor today?

Nag nag nag....

You must have offended the roadrunner with your string of luck lately...
Posted By: BobBrown Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Damn dude. You had one hell of a day.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Fill a gallon zip lock freezer bag with ice cubes, but not so full that it will burst under pressure. Squeeze out any excess air. Lay down on the ice pack for 25 minutes until the inflamed area goes completely numb. It will help reduce the inflammation. Don't lay the bag on top of your back. You want the weight and pressure of your body pressing the ice against your back. Put a plastic trash bag down with a folded towel on top of that, then the ice pack so you don't get a wet spot on your bed or sofa.

It can take several days of ice treatment two to three times a day to get the back fully back to normal depending on how bad your back is. But if the back isn't really messed up (in need of adjustment or surgery), ice alone and taking it easy on the back can get you back to normal. Of course, you want to avoid chit like changing tires or any positions that trigger the pain. When you feel up to it, using a foam roller might help too.

Never heard of this but sounds weird.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
I can't think of much that is worse for a sore back than changing out a tire.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Using an ice pack to reduce inflammation sounds weird? I've dealt with some severe lower back pain. Ice works better than any painkiller I've tried.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Using an ice pack to reduce inflammation sounds weird? I've dealt with some severe lower back pain. Ice works better than any painkiller I've tried.
Doesn't sound weird at all. Sounds about right.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: one of those days. - 07/02/20
The minute I read this thread, I remembered your comments about getting maximum mileage out of tires in your hydroplaning thread, not even two weeks ago, and started cracking up thinking about what you’d said.

Originally Posted by deflave
yeah drive till those tires are almost bald.....

All my black friends do the same thing.
lmao, they're not bald yet, but I'll be getting some new ones in the next week or so when I have time. I have a good job in Rivira I need to do over the weekend and a custom shower next week also. I should have slowed down but was going with the flow of traffic.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14981268/re-hydroplaning#Post14981268

get my moneys worth out of them.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14981249/re-hydroplaning#Post14981249

One question, when you were cussing while changing that tire, was there ever a time when maximum mileage entered your mind? LOL.

Hope your back gets better.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: one of those days. - 07/03/20
trying to finish a job in Rivera tx so I can go get my back taken care of... made it to the edge of that little town, had a blow out on my front right tire on the highway with a semi behind me.
my spare was at home because I need to get another tire on it, been putting it off so I had to take the back inside tire and use it on the front. I will be hurting tonight and will have to go back tomorrow to finish. getting a couple new tires in the morning. also blew out the sole on my boot...

Did you get your back looked at yet?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: one of those days. - 07/03/20

Did you get your back looked at yet?
not till monday.
Posted By: las Re: one of those days. - 07/03/20
I seem to be in better shape than you, stx, but still, the first thing every morning I check the ceiling for roots..... None there, it's a good day! smile

I really hate to be down physucally - hoping you get better.
Posted By: okie Re: one of those days. - 07/03/20
As mentioned ice can be your friend. We are getting old buddy and have been active and hard on ourselves. Had my second surgery (and last) back in January and it was a tough one, they call it a 360 procedure. Life changes are in order for me. Keeping my core built up is mandatory as is getting help or hydraulics with heavy objects and avoiding awkward positions that have been so much a part of an active life. Take care of that thing and line those jobs out for those young whippersnappers!!!
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: one of those days. - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

What state does that tag represent, hard to tell. That wouldnt surprise anybody in SCarolina. The usual flea market traffic.
© 24hourcampfire