B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by slumlord
What you having done to your back?

f-cked it up when we hit a big wave two weeks ago, has only got worse since.

Fill a gallon zip lock freezer bag with ice cubes, but not so full that it will burst under pressure. Squeeze out any excess air. Lay down on the ice pack for 25 minutes until the inflamed area goes completely numb. It will help reduce the inflammation. Don't lay the bag on top of your back. You want the weight and pressure of your body pressing the ice against your back. Put a plastic trash bag down with a folded towel on top of that, then the ice pack so you don't get a wet spot on your bed or sofa.

It can take several days of ice treatment two to three times a day to get the back fully back to normal depending on how bad your back is. But if the back isn't really messed up (in need of adjustment or surgery), ice alone and taking it easy on the back can get you back to normal. Of course, you want to avoid chit like changing tires or any positions that trigger the pain. When you feel up to it, using a foam roller might help too.

Never heard of this but sounds weird.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can't think of much that is worse for a sore back than changing out a tire.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Using an ice pack to reduce inflammation sounds weird? I've dealt with some severe lower back pain. Ice works better than any painkiller I've tried.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Using an ice pack to reduce inflammation sounds weird? I've dealt with some severe lower back pain. Ice works better than any painkiller I've tried.
Doesn't sound weird at all. Sounds about right.

IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The minute I read this thread, I remembered your comments about getting maximum mileage out of tires in your hydroplaning thread, not even two weeks ago, and started cracking up thinking about what you’d said.

Originally Posted by deflave
yeah drive till those tires are almost bald.....

All my black friends do the same thing.
lmao, they're not bald yet, but I'll be getting some new ones in the next week or so when I have time. I have a good job in Rivira I need to do over the weekend and a custom shower next week also. I should have slowed down but was going with the flow of traffic.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14981268/re-hydroplaning#Post14981268

get my moneys worth out of them.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/14981249/re-hydroplaning#Post14981249

One question, when you were cussing while changing that tire, was there ever a time when maximum mileage entered your mind? LOL.

Hope your back gets better.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
trying to finish a job in Rivera tx so I can go get my back taken care of... made it to the edge of that little town, had a blow out on my front right tire on the highway with a semi behind me.
my spare was at home because I need to get another tire on it, been putting it off so I had to take the back inside tire and use it on the front. I will be hurting tonight and will have to go back tomorrow to finish. getting a couple new tires in the morning. also blew out the sole on my boot...

Did you get your back looked at yet?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
trying to finish a job in Rivera tx so I can go get my back taken care of... made it to the edge of that little town, had a blow out on my front right tire on the highway with a semi behind me.
my spare was at home because I need to get another tire on it, been putting it off so I had to take the back inside tire and use it on the front. I will be hurting tonight and will have to go back tomorrow to finish. getting a couple new tires in the morning. also blew out the sole on my boot...

Did you get your back looked at yet?
not till monday.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I seem to be in better shape than you, stx, but still, the first thing every morning I check the ceiling for roots..... None there, it's a good day! smile

I really hate to be down physucally - hoping you get better.

Last edited by las; 07/03/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
As mentioned ice can be your friend. We are getting old buddy and have been active and hard on ourselves. Had my second surgery (and last) back in January and it was a tough one, they call it a 360 procedure. Life changes are in order for me. Keeping my core built up is mandatory as is getting help or hydraulics with heavy objects and avoiding awkward positions that have been so much a part of an active life. Take care of that thing and line those jobs out for those young whippersnappers!!!

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

What state does that tag represent, hard to tell. That wouldnt surprise anybody in SCarolina. The usual flea market traffic.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.