Home
Posted By: CashisKing He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.
Posted By: Full3r Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Serves him right
Posted By: RS308MX Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Watch yer back.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Hahaha. Too cool.

You might want to have some plot watcher cameras pointed at areas he would have easy access, particularly in dry weather.

Take care.
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
+ 1
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
BTB, did you work for it? or were you given it?

Most want it given.

That`s a BIG FY buddy..
Posted By: Sako76 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Good for you, I let some freeloaders on my land and when they moved too close to me and I told them they had to move further away, they got pissed! I took care of the problem and booted them off just like you, some people are never satisfied, especially the freeloaders!
Posted By: ERK Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
My brother years ago told me to NEVER give anything away. If people don’t work or pay for it there is no appreciation. I believe he is correct. Ed k
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.
Awesome. No sarcasm here either. If anybody is entitled, it is those guys that think they've got a RIGHT to hunt other's land. This has went on as long as I can remember with the NRA, Outdoor Life, Hunter's Safety Phags, etc. all stressing going and asking permission, sucking up, etc. Certainly you should ask permission to hunt, but all I mention has fostered the idea that once you do, it is a given that you'll be allowed to. Landowners seem to have that idea too and bow all too easily to people pestering them to hunt or fish. I don't run some charity game preserve for deadbeats. Hunters want to come in, trash the place up and sue you because they tripped on their own dick and it's your fault. You are obligated to let them hunt.

Let the land and animals have a break. I like your idea.
Posted By: dale06 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

Good decision, cash is king!
But as others have said “watch for retaliation”
Posted By: GregW Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Watch your back. He will still be attempting to hunt your land almost guaranteed.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I think you should only let white billionaires hunt.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I'd set up some cameras so when he poaches your property you'll be able to catch him on film.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
NGAF what you think phaggot.
Posted By: johnt189 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I have always asked works so much better and even offer to ether pay or share the kill
Posted By: Clarkm Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
A woman let me shoot a deer on her land. Next time I saw her I put $300 in her hand.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

A bit of anger management issues this morning - like pretty much all mornings for you. Your rants and raves make my day. Keep on keepin' on. smile
Posted By: g5m Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
You did well!
I always give the landowner half or the back straps, Cash. Whatever they prefer. Uh, and a frozen bag of crappie filets. smile whistle
Posted By: Huntz Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I have a couple Ranches I hunt in Montana.I spend a week on each during the summer helping out.A good trade I figure.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Whatta Dillbean.

Such entitlement........ha!

Say....anyone up for a coon hunt????? Lets run them hounds!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

He was furious.
Awesome. No sarcasm here either. If anybody is entitled, it is those guys that think they've got a RIGHT to hunt other's land. This has went on as long as I can remember with the NRA, Outdoor Life, Hunter's Safety Phags, etc. all stressing going and asking permission, sucking up, etc. Certainly you should ask permission to hunt, but all I mention has fostered the idea that once you do, it is a given that you'll be allowed to. Landowners seem to have that idea too and bow all too easily to people pestering them to hunt or fish. I don't run some charity game preserve for deadbeats. Hunters want to come in, trash the place up and sue you because they tripped on their own dick and it's your fault. You are obligated to let them hunt.

Let the land and animals have a break. I like your idea.

Me, too.

Open mouth. Insert.. foot, arm, testicles.

Moron.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Your privileged to paying taxes on your property.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Send him the local Real Estate Buyer's Guide.

He can buy all the land he can afford.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

He was furious.

Standing Ovation!

Now, set cameras up and post no tresspass signs, if you haven’t already.

He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!

😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10
He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!😎

Or loot it, then burn it.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This. I'm hoping Cash's home doesnt catch a bullet or his dog isnt poisoned.
Posted By: joken2 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

https://www.tiktok.com/@michaelwadd...&utm_source=facebook&source=h5_m
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

He was furious.

This is simply mind boggling. He didn't just chit the bed, he pizzed on it for good measure.
Posted By: Aviator Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Amen
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
The guy who you barred from your land must be incredibly stupid to think that he could insult you like that and not suffer some pushback.

EDIT: I had a guy park his travel trailer on some land that I used to own in NH. I reported the trespassing to the town police, the county sheriff, and the state police. They left their business cards and asked the owner to contact them, but nobody, to my knowledge, ever contacted them. I finally met with the town police chief and the county sheriff to see what I could legally do to evict this squatter. They told me that since I'd never met the guy, or even seen him on the property, I could consider the travel trailer and all of the other stuff to be trash that had been illegally dumped and had a right to remove it from the property. So I contracted with a guy to remove all of the trash. I never heard from the guy who owned the stuff, but I heard that he had family in the area who had told him that it was land owned by someone, me, who lived out of state who never visited the property. Someone even put up "No Trespassing" signs to keep others out. Talks about chutzpah!
Posted By: KFWA Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I ran an ad on craigslist awhile back. Offering to trade a few weekends of work to any local farmer in return to allow me and my kids to ride ATVs on their non agricultural land.

Figured they'd get to know me, I'd show up and do some work for them and we'd gain mutual trust with each other over time. Once they realized I wasn't going to steal or tear up their land, we'd both benefit.

The only response I got was from some crazy woman chastising me for trying to ruin a farmers land.

Maybe I wasn't reaching the intended audience. Never occurred to me that the farmer was more privileged than me. Maybe I should have led with that.

Posted By: Slidellkid Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Good for you. What an idiot.
A tale of two hunters- - - - - -

About 25 years ago, I met two guys at a local Mom & Pop gun store who were unhappy with practically all of the local land being leased. They were from a town about 100 miles east of our neighborhood, and they were having a hard time finding a place to hunt. I invited them to come to my place for an afternoon hunt that day. They accepted, and one of them scored a pretty nice forkhorn buck. That afternoon hunt turned into a long term friendship , but only for one guy- - - -he would show up pre-season and help mend fences (I was running a small beef herd back then),
He built permanent tree stands, ran the bush hog, and generally helped improve the hunting environment. The other guy would just show up, hunt, and leave. When he pulled a travel trailer onto the place 50 feet from my front door and left it there all season I had had enough. I asked that guy for a small lease fee to help me pay my property taxes. He claimed he couldn't afford it, and disappeared. Good riddance!

The first guy still hunts my land, free of charge, and he still shows up off-season to volunteer his help with anything the place needs!
Jerry
Posted By: 12344mag Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

A bit of anger management issues this morning - like pretty much all mornings for you. Your rants and raves make my day. Keep on keepin' on. smile

And still NGAF Phaggot.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
A tale of two hunters- - - - - -

About 25 years ago, I met two guys at a local Mom & Pop gun store who were unhappy with practically all of the local land being leased. They were from a town about 100 miles east of our neighborhood, and they were having a hard time finding a place to hunt. I invited them to come to my place for an afternoon hunt that day. They accepted, and one of them scored a pretty nice forkhorn buck. That afternoon hunt turned into a long term friendship , but only for one guy- - - -he would show up pre-season and help mend fences (I was running a small beef herd back then),
He built permanent tree stands, ran the bush hog, and generally helped improve the hunting environment. The other guy would just show up, hunt, and leave. When he pulled a travel trailer onto the place 50 feet from my front door and left it there all season I had had enough. I asked that guy for a small lease fee to help me pay my property taxes. He claimed he couldn't afford it, and disappeared. Good riddance!

The first guy still hunts my land, free of charge, and he still shows up off-season to volunteer his help with anything the place needs!
Jerry

that was the kind of relationship I was hoping to build in my example above.
Posted By: xarcher Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
So if you need any brush cleared, or fences mended, or hay baled, I know a guy. Just kidding. Buy my point is I’ve always offered to help the local farmers. Some accepted, others not. Their choice.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Just watch out for vandalism from the underprivileged “neighbor”.

He was furious.

Standing Ovation!

Now, set cameras up and post no tresspass signs, if you haven’t already.

He’s probably gonna try to hunt your place....Because he’s privileged!

😎

Beave, That's exactly what I was thinking.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
He thinks you should let everyone hunt your farm cause your so lucky/privileged . No need to try to explain that luck and privilege have nothing to do with it .
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Thanks for standing up for civilization.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
You gotta be really stupid to badmouth a landowner who lets you hunt on their land.

Cash is smart for getting rid of them. They're so stupid they'll probably shoot themselves and sue Cash.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

He was furious.

Hahhaha. That dude is a tool and doesn’t deserve to set foot on your land. F him
Posted By: Sycamore Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

He was furious.

WLM?
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
There is a ranch down here I occasionally go to with a spring creek that charges a day fee to fish. I was chatting with the ranch owner one day while looking over the property and was overwhelmed with the beauty of the place. I said “You’re lucky to have such a beautiful place to call your own.” And he remarked, “Yeah, it seems the harder I work, the luckier I get.” I think he inherited the place so some would argue that point, but I still get the gist of it and agree for the most part.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by CGPAUL

Most want it given.

That`s a BIG FY buddy..

Doesn't make a fuggin difference whether work for or given! If he has the title....IT'S HIS!

GET USED TO IT!!
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Cashisking , you need to serve that guy with a legal trespass notice. That way there’s no argument if you catch him on the property and call the law. A legal service means he’ll be arrested for sure and not just given a meaningless ticket which will likely be dismissed with court cost.
Posted By: hanco Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I pay to lease. I don’t leave trash and pick up what I see laying around. I leased a place in Coleman county from an old rancher for 25 yrs . I became good friends with him, was one of the pallbearers at his funeral. I sure miss that place.
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
There is a ranch down here I occasionally go to with a spring creek that charges a day fee to fish. I was chatting with the ranch owner one day while looking over the property and was overwhelmed with the beauty of the place. I said “You’re lucky to have such a beautiful place to call your own.” And he remarked, “Yeah, it seems the harder I work, the luckier I get.” I think he inherited the place so some would argue that point, but I still get the gist of it and agree for the most part.

Half our country will never understand that.
Posted By: devnull Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I bought a farm for my family and my friends to hunt. Upon writing the contract, the previous widow told me she wanted her grandkids to have lifetime rights to hunt there. I couldn't go along with that program with me paying for the land, taxes, insurance and potential liability.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
And yet I see so many Yankees pissed that Texas landowners won't let them kill hogs on their property for free.
Originally Posted by devnull
I bought a farm for my family and my friends to hunt. Upon writing the contract, the previous widow told me she wanted her grandkids to have lifetime rights to hunt there. I couldn't go along with that program with me paying for the land, taxes, insurance and potential liability.

That’s like selling someone a truck but expecting them to still let you use it any time you want... crazy
Posted By: CashisKing Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20

Lots of people overplay their hand... and frequently.
Originally Posted by RemModel8
And yet I see so many Yankees pissed that Texas landowners won't let them kill hogs on their property for free.

I think a lot of that has more to do with the myriad reports and lamenting about how feral pigs are running amok destroying property, etc. than about “Yankees”... jus sayin’.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
What a bitch. People who believe the propaganda lies aren't just innocuous dupes. They can become quite dangerous. That's the difference between the average conservative and the average liberal in the US right now.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by CGPAUL

Most want it given.

That`s a BIG FY buddy..

Doesn't make a fuggin difference whether work for or given! If he has the title....IT'S HIS!

GET USED TO IT!!

Exactly. No matter how hard I work, I ain't gonna pass for example, Donald Trump Jr.'s net worth in this lifetime that he wound up with by being born. I know he works hard yada yada but even if he did not........

It still does not matter. He doesn't owe me or anyone else squat and I am "entitled" to exactly $0.00 of his assets. That is just how it works!

Getting someone to let you hunt on their land IS the privilege. It does not much happen anymore in my area because if an owner is not interested in it, he can lease it and make money. If you get to hunt somewhere private for free the owner is passing up essentially free money to let you do it. Wonder how much free money Cash's "friend" passes up.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Sounds to me like the guy was trying to guilt-trip OP into letting some of his buddies or family hunt too. GFY was the appropriate answer.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Cash, I have to agree with these guys. This is the new play book.

1. Demand stuff for free.

2. if they don't get it, burn stuff down.

3. If you get caught, plead victim status.

I hope any potential future dispute will be governed by a red county.

You did the right thing. Hopefully your lesson is sufficient to change the path of his new Marxist ways, but be prepared in the event it's not.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I hunted a family place for 25 yrs. with the understanding that I was the only one outside the family permitted to do so. Had several others ask to go along, some couldn't understand that I could not bring others without losing my hunting privledge.
Posted By: reivertom Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
He learned a lesson....Nah, somebody with flawed thinking like that will never learn anything.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Better be on the lookout for barbed wired stretched between trees at head height on a wheeler. And roofing nails.
Posted By: RAS Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
How did a wimp like that hunt on your place in the first place?

I cannot imagine telling a land owner that. If I was invited, you respect the rules and keep opinions to yourself. It’s a gift and you should be grateful. What a ungrateful POS.
I think this is going to be the new normal.

Every body is “entitled” to what someone else has just by virtue or not having it. I don’t GAF if you were born into it or bought it yourself. That doesn’t entitle me to it either way.

This is what happens when you grow up your whole life hearing how special you are from mommy and daddy...
Originally Posted by RAS

I cannot imagine telling a land owner that. If I was invited, you respect the rules and keep opinions to yourself. It’s a gift and you should be grateful. What a ungrateful POS.

I was wondering the exact same thing.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
That which is free is abused.

P

I think a lot of that has more to do with the myriad reports and lamenting about how feral pigs are running amok destroying property, etc. than about “Yankees”... jus sayin’.

In short, you can't say a word about hogs destroying your property unless you are wiling to let freeloaders hunt there? Got it, thanks.
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
Better be on the lookout for barbed wired stretched between trees at head height on a wheeler. And roofing nails.

Or piano wire.
Posted By: ST50 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I keep stressing communication with the landowners to my kids and son in law. I Never go on a property without contacting the owner. Regardless of how many years I have been going there. Keep in mind, they are doing you a huge favor by giving
you access.
Originally Posted by RAS

It does seem Daddy didn't teach him much.

In short, you can't say a word about hogs destroying your property unless you are wiling to let freeloaders hunt there? Got it, thanks.

No that’s not what I said. Stop attributing things to me that I did not state. I said that I think a possible reason is that the perception is out there that landowners want help because they are being overrun by an invasive species.

BTW, lest you think differently, IDGF bout it either way. Nor do I expect anyone to allow me free access onto their property for any reason despite technically being a “Yankee”...
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Got a couple places I hunt , one is a club lease and even though we pay to hunt there , once a year we get together and bring chain saws , weed eaters , skid steer with bucket , and go over the place , picking up trash along the road front , mending roads across the property , cleaning up downed limbs and weed eating .
So far everyone has remained happy .
Another place I hunt , my daughter in laws grandma owns 140 acres and it is great . Half hardwoods and half corn and grazing land .
Stopped in to see her a few months ago as I had noticed the gate was open and cattle were gone .
She had gotten tired of the farmer who leased her land and not keeping up the fence , the pastures were growing up in briars , had noticed the run down in the last four years myself .
Anyway she was distraught that the place looked like it did , so I told her I could get someone to bush hog it if she would like . She said yes and let her know how much he charged . So I contacted a fellow and had him come over and showed him what she wanted done . 450.00 for the fields , not sure how many acres , 40 maybe .
When he called and said he had it done I went by and told her . She wanted to know how much she owed me , I said well let’s ride back here and see if you’re happy with it . Got her in the truck and back the lane we went , man you should have seen the smile that lady had , almost cried , thanked me over and over . Then she said , well how much ? I smiled and said Francis I have hunted here for four years and you wouldn’t let me do a thing for you , so if you don’t mind I would like this to be on me and Jeremy , we want you to know we really appreciate a beautiful place like this to hunt .
The look on that woman’s face was just about overwhelming , made me feel down right warm and fuzzy it did .
Kenneth
Posted By: longarm Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Haven't read all the other responses but I would suggest that you be prepared for him and his friends to be poaching your land
Posted By: Hastings Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Never allow others to hunt on your land unless you want them for an enemy. I let a neighbor hunt for a few years and then evicted him over his failure to follow simple rules. It ended on April 11, 2018 with him and his mother being killed in a shootout with the sheriff. I don't know how to post a news article but it can be found by searching Winn Parish Shootout April 11, 2018.
Posted By: kevinJ Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Hastings

Read some articles, but none of them elude to what happened leading up to the shootout regarding the civil arrest warrant

Why don’t you fill us in
Originally Posted by kevinJ
Hastings Read some articles, but none of them elude to what happened leading up to the shootout regarding the civil arrest warrantWhy don’t you fill us in
How much time do you have? Basically, 33 years ago I bought 117 acres joining these folks 3 acres on a dead end country road. Slow witted son lived with mom and dad. Living on SS disability. The mother requested I let dimwit hunt so I did with a few restrictions. Such as, Don't shoot doe deer, don't shoot onto neighbor's property, Don't use our property to cross over onto neighbors' property, don't come on the property when we are hunting. He violated every rule I gave him and got evicted when he threatened to shoot an adjoining land owner after being caught trespassing from our property. After I evicted him beginning in 1993 until the day the sheriff shot him he fired high powered rifle shots across our property anytime we were there. He fired at least 15 or 20 rounds in our direction every time we were there. The sound of a .30-06 bullet coming by is pretty damn unnerving even if it is fired from a half mile away.To make a long story short I obtained a restraining order on these folks which forbid them to fire firearms on their property or within 400 yards of my property. After the 3rd violation of the restraining order the judge ordered the sheriff to bring him to jail.
He really sure enough "overplayed his hand"
Posted By: cfran Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
That’s how liberals think, they are all entitled. Just like yourself. Go away for good.
Posted By: lightman Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I think you did the right thing. You probably handled it better than I would have. But I agree with the others, be prepared for retaliation. I would put up whatever number of signs that it takes in your state to legally post land. And I would put out several cameras.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I always give the landowner half or the back straps, Cash. Whatever they prefer. Uh, and a frozen bag of crappie filets. smile whistle

frozen bag of crappie, yum.

nah, but the whining about ferals does get tiresome. especially after i saw so many examples of poorly maintained fencing. so now i dont pay them any attention.
as for the op, i believe it happened. once worked with a black guy who said white folks were m-fers. then asked to borrow $25. good worker but kinda ruined his chances with me.
Posted By: slumlord Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I know of guys over the years, lickin dat ass, giving landowners country hams, and Christmas cards and wreaths.

Guess I’m privileged, never had to suck up or give gifts or even pay a lease fee to hunt someone else’s land.

I know some guy and his son, pot belly red face mfthfucker and his son, give the guy I know’s dad a smoked turkey every Thanksgiving, then badmouth the guy I know.

I had permission to be on that same property at the invite of the guy I know (that they talk shît about)
I ran into them one day out there, they said “you tell Willy not to be riding his stupid four wheeler passed our stands while we’re out here” lol

I talked ‘Willy’ into giving that douche and his douchey son the boot off of that property. They pulled rank and went the old man and carried him some BBQ and potato salad other to the house and sucked his cock and got back onto the property.

The whole thing was associated with an overbearing stepmother my bud had, the shîtbird hunters knew her from a previous marriage and previous fatcat she was hitched to that also had a big chunk of land that they hunted that place also.

Lol

Fouck all that ass kissing and drama. Deer hunters can be some of the biggest bitches among grown men.
I have 48 acres, the guy might say I got it through priveledge. Let's see, I went to the votech school in Georgia and got a Paramedic license, and worked 60 hours a week for 14 years and saved my money.
And while doing that, I built in my spare time a 3 br log cabin on the lake. Yes, for 18 months I worked 60 hours a week at the hospital, and 40 more hours a week doing construction.

And I lived in that house for 6 years, and I sold it and made 70 grand, and I took my paramedic savings and came up here and bought the land in the NC mountains.

I didn't get in to Yale because Dad was an alum, like George Bush Jr. did.
I didn't get admitted to Harvard law school on a B average, like many blacks do, due to Affirmative Action.

No, I was priveledged to work my ass off for 14 years to get up the money to buy my land.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have 48 acres, the guy might say I got it through priveledge. Let's see, I went to the votech school in Georgia and got a Paramedic license, and worked 60 hours a week for 14 years and saved my money.
And while doing that, I built in my spare time a 3 br log cabin on the lake. Yes, for 18 months I worked 60 hours a week at the hospital, and 40 more hours a week doing construction.

And I lived in that house for 6 years, and I sold it and made 70 grand, and I took my paramedic savings and came up here and bought the land in the NC mountains.

I didn't get admitted to Harvard law school on a B average, like many blacks do, due to Affirmative Action.

No, I was priveledged to work my ass off for 14 years to get up the money to buy my land.

Blacks would tell you they'd never be given the chance to work that hard. That's their logic
Posted By: bruinruin Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by RAS

Amen!
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Blacks would tell you they'd never be given the chance to work that hard. That's their logic

Agreed and it's hard to have that chance when drinking gin and juice 23 hours a day, hitting the crack pipe and fathering 13 kids with 11 women.

Unfair.
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Got a couple places I hunt , one is a club lease and even though we pay to hunt there , once a year we get together and bring chain saws , weed eaters , skid steer with bucket , and go over the place , picking up trash along the road front , mending roads across the property , cleaning up downed limbs and weed eating .
So far everyone has remained happy .
Another place I hunt , my daughter in laws grandma owns 140 acres and it is great . Half hardwoods and half corn and grazing land .
Stopped in to see her a few months ago as I had noticed the gate was open and cattle were gone .
She had gotten tired of the farmer who leased her land and not keeping up the fence , the pastures were growing up in briars , had noticed the run down in the last four years myself .
Anyway she was distraught that the place looked like it did , so I told her I could get someone to bush hog it if she would like . She said yes and let her know how much he charged . So I contacted a fellow and had him come over and showed him what she wanted done . 450.00 for the fields , not sure how many acres , 40 maybe .
When he called and said he had it done I went by and told her . She wanted to know how much she owed me , I said well let’s ride back here and see if you’re happy with it . Got her in the truck and back the lane we went , man you should have seen the smile that lady had , almost cried , thanked me over and over . Then she said , well how much ? I smiled and said Francis I have hunted here for four years and you wouldn’t let me do a thing for you , so if you don’t mind I would like this to be on me and Jeremy , we want you to know we really appreciate a beautiful place like this to hunt .
The look on that woman’s face was just about overwhelming , made me feel down right warm and fuzzy it did .
Kenneth

Posts like this are the reason why the site needs a like 👍 button.
Posted By: mathman Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Hastings

Read some articles, but none of them elude to what happened leading up to the shootout regarding the civil arrest warrant

Why don’t you fill us in

allude
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
I always tell everyone the only thing worse than the deer, is the deer hunters. The same group of hunters have hunted with us for 15 years, I almost feel guilty charging them.

I think he owns the land, so it's his choice if/who he lets hunt his land. You don't like it, buy a piece of property and open it to the public.
Better yet Beans, put your money where your mouth is and open up your house to the homeless. Why should you have a place to live and others don't? Leave the door unlocked and a "please come in and stay" sign on the door you hypocrite. Leave the keys in your car so anyone that doesn't have one can use it. Not fair you have a car and they don't, right?
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I think he owns the land, so it's his choice if/who he lets hunt his land. You don't like it, buy a piece of property and open it to the public.
Better yet Beans, put your money where your mouth is and open up your house to the homeless. Why should you have a place to live and others don't? Leave the door unlocked and a "please come in and stay" sign on the door you hypocrite. Leave the keys in your car so anyone that doesn't have one can use it. Not fair you have a car and they don't, right?

MF'ers like Licker of Beanbags never cease to amaze me with their hypocrisy. That’s the part they never seem to really address. It’s ok to take away our stuff. Just leave theirs alone.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I know of guys over the years, lickin dat ass, giving landowners country hams, and Christmas cards and wreaths.

Guess I’m privileged, never had to suck up or give gifts or even pay a lease fee to hunt someone else’s land.

I know some guy and his son, pot belly red face mfthfucker and his son, give the guy I know’s dad a smoked turkey every Thanksgiving, then badmouth the guy I know.

I had permission to be on that same property at the invite of the guy I know (that they talk shît about)
I ran into them one day out there, they said “you tell Willy not to be riding his stupid four wheeler passed our stands while we’re out here” lol

I talked ‘Willy’ into giving that douche and his douchey son the boot off of that property. They pulled rank and went the old man and carried him some BBQ and potato salad other to the house and sucked his cock and got back onto the property.

The whole thing was associated with an overbearing stepmother my bud had, the shîtbird hunters knew her from a previous marriage and previous fatcat she was hitched to that also had a big chunk of land that they hunted that place also.

Lol

Fouck all that ass kissing and drama. Deer hunters can be some of the biggest bitches among grown men.

This^ a thousand times. I wish there were that many like buttons for your post... I’d rather quit hunting than suck all that Dich.
Originally Posted by mathman
Hastings

Why don’t you fill us in

allude

Another reason for a "like" option. 😁
Posted By: Snyper Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by Hastings
Never allow others to hunt on your land unless you want them for an enemy. I let a neighbor hunt for a few years and then evicted him over his failure to follow simple rules. It ended on April 11, 2018 with him and his mother being killed in a shootout with the sheriff. I don't know how to post a news article but it can be found by searching Winn Parish Shootout April 11, 2018.

https://www.thetowntalk.com/story/n...eputies-man-critically-injured/509159002
Posted By: hookeye Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Current deer spot IU fan owned.
Bud has IU plate on his 4x4.
I play it neutral, have environmental plate wink
Posted By: colodog Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
It's the same old predictable," I'm upset so YOU must change"....

Post your land and put out cameras.
Originally Posted by mathman
Hastings

Why don’t you fill us in

allude

"This is the kind of errant pedantry, up with which I will not put."

-Winston Churchill
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by Huntz
I have a couple Ranches I hunt in Montana.I spend a week on each during the summer helping out.A good trade I figure.

I used to do free work for a guy that let me cross his private land to hunt the hard to access public land behind it. We had a deal, I would help him to the tune of thousands of dollars a year in free remodeling, machinery work, free firewood, whatever I could do for him. All he asked was that I call ahead and let him know when I would be showing up. Sure, no problem.

After several years of this arrangement I started getting the run around. Gee, this Saturday's not good for us. I soon learned he had another guy hunting there as well. He still calls me several times a year and leaves me messages about what he sees for game, to try to lure the Golden Goose back to take care of his projects. I moved on and have been shooting just as good of bucks elsewhere for about three years now. It'll be a cold day in hell before I offer to help anyone for hunting rights. I live in the west I can hunt anywhere.
This shcitt ain't new. Back in the 60's we had perennial battles with pheasant hunters thinking they were owed free access to our 300 acres of deeded ground.

Fences were cut, gate posts were pulled, and cables were broken. House cats were killed. Cows, dogs, and horses were found with pellets under their hide. Bird shot bounced off the roof of the house with toddlers playing in the yard. Firearms were discharged and court appearances were made. Several tickets were written by deputies for trespass, and I actually signed a ticket for the game warden to cite a trespasser for ground sluicing a pheasant on our property from a public road. And then I retrieved the bird, and cooked it. LOL

The really sad thing is, most of the worst offenders were Boise businessmen carrying fancy guns behind fine trained dogs, and driving brand new 4x4 pickups or Suburbans.

The point being, Dad purchased the 300 acre property in 1968 for the grand sum of $12,000. Those worst offenders probably had that much wrapped up in guns, dogs, and vehicle between 3 or 4 of them. But they had better things to do with their cash than purchase property, so they thought they should be allowed to trample ours.

One once even made the comment as he looked around with a sneer on his face. "I could buy and sell you guys." I told him "Get to buying, everything is for sale if you have the cash. But you have not bought it yet!"

Being a big mouthed 16 year old, I asked one such trespasser one day for his address. Do you have a nice big lawn? How about a swimming pool?

He replied yes, but why do you want the address?

Well, I am planning a big family get together and picnic. About sixty of us. We will need a big lawn and a pool would be nice.

He sputtered and spit and stammered about how that is not the same thing at all. I asked How so?

Attitudes have changed with the times in Idaho. Trespassing will cost your your license today. No need to post anything today. It is the hunter's responsibility to know where the boundaries are to private property. Even unfenced range land. You better have a good GPS and mapping program.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20

Lol

You make TN sound so attractive.....
Posted By: Hastings Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20
If a freeloader type is ever given something for free whether it is hunting rights, food stamps, SSI check, SS check, government cell phone, free breakfast and lunch for the kids, or whatever then they think they own it and nobody has the right to say different.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20

When my Wife and BIL sold a ranch that my FIL bought in the 1960's they asked for and received trespassing rights for the family for perpetuity, the terms of which were written into the sale document. We are allowed to trespass for recreation as long as we notify the owner, current and future, of our intent and that we close all gates and back haul any thing that we bring with us. I think that they negotiated a 2% discount off of the sale price for that provision. It gives us access to about 3,000 acre of high desert to hunt varmints and ride ATVs on. I'll probably be the only family member to ever exercise the agreement, but it is there for anyone to use.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

When my Wife and BIL sold a ranch that my FIL bought in the 1960's they asked for and received trespassing rights for the family for perpetuity, the terms of which were written into the sale document. We are allowed to trespass for recreation as long as we notify the owner, current and future, of our intent and that we close all gates and back haul any thing that we bring with us. I think that they negotiated a 2% discount off of the sale price for that provision. It gives us access to about 3,000 acre of high desert to hunt varmints and ride ATVs on. I'll probably be the only family member to ever exercise the agreement, but it is there for anyone to use.

Rem, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you and yours; but I personally would never buy a piece of property with those stipulations. I get how someone else might, but it wouldn’t work for me.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20

Lol

I don’t see it that way.

I have permission to hunt private land here in Oregon. The landowner has become a friend. Since he’s inland quite a ways he doesn’t get the freshest seafood, so I always bring him fresh crab and salmon or halibut, depending on my success. I do it not out of obligation, but out of appreciation. We’ve had great success for years, and it’s important to me that he knows how grateful I am. My son killed his first buck there seven years ago, and my dad killed his final buck there three years ago.

It’s how I say thanks.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Lol

I don’t see it that way.

I have permission to hunt private land here in Oregon. The landowner has become a friend. Since he’s inland quite a ways he doesn’t get the freshest seafood, so I always bring him fresh crab and salmon or halibut, depending on my success. I do it not out of obligation, but out of appreciation. We’ve had great success for years, and it’s important to me that he knows how grateful I am. My son killed his first buck there seven years ago, and my dad killed his final buck there three years ago.

It’s how I say thanks.

P

There’s a big difference between genuine appreciation and genuflecting sycophants who suck landowner dich for hunting rights. I’ve seen examples of both. The latter is truly sickening and rampant in some circles.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Rem, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you and yours; but I personally would never buy a piece of property with those stipulations. I get how someone else might, but it wouldn’t work for me.

I wouldn't have bought it under those terms either, but the new owner bought it as a money losing investment to balance his money making investments. He isn't going to run it as a working ranch and he isn't going to lease the grazing rights. He told me that he has rented the ranch house so that there will be somebody on-site to keep an eye on things, Now that I think about it, we actually have a perpetual lease of $365 per year for trespassing rights. So he got $60K knocked off the price and he gets an annual payment of $365. It is a crappy piece of land to ranch, but it grows a good crop of coyotes.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20

He was furious.

Tell him your Earth needs to heal.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20
Un freaking believable...
Posted By: Nebraska Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20

He was furious.

Wow! You were a lot nicer to him than he deserved.....
Posted By: Jeffpg Re: He overplayed his hand - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Un freaking believable...

Exactly!
Hunted a older mans land that bordered our camp.

40 acres. Never was replanted so it’s thicker hair on cats back. Briar thickets. Good for nothing.

Ever year we’d take him a couple deer. Already on ice. He didn’t get round to well.

Loved some coons too!

He was furious.

He would’ve been a lot more furious after what I would’ve told him. You were a hell of a lot nicer than I would’ve been...
© 24hourcampfire