Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by devnull
I bought a farm for my family and my friends to hunt. Upon writing the contract, the previous widow told me she wanted her grandkids to have lifetime rights to hunt there. I couldn't go along with that program with me paying for the land, taxes, insurance and potential liability.

When my Wife and BIL sold a ranch that my FIL bought in the 1960's they asked for and received trespassing rights for the family for perpetuity, the terms of which were written into the sale document. We are allowed to trespass for recreation as long as we notify the owner, current and future, of our intent and that we close all gates and back haul any thing that we bring with us. I think that they negotiated a 2% discount off of the sale price for that provision. It gives us access to about 3,000 acre of high desert to hunt varmints and ride ATVs on. I'll probably be the only family member to ever exercise the agreement, but it is there for anyone to use.

GB4

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I bought a farm for my family and my friends to hunt. Upon writing the contract, the previous widow told me she wanted her grandkids to have lifetime rights to hunt there. I couldn't go along with that program with me paying for the land, taxes, insurance and potential liability.

When my Wife and BIL sold a ranch that my FIL bought in the 1960's they asked for and received trespassing rights for the family for perpetuity, the terms of which were written into the sale document. We are allowed to trespass for recreation as long as we notify the owner, current and future, of our intent and that we close all gates and back haul any thing that we bring with us. I think that they negotiated a 2% discount off of the sale price for that provision. It gives us access to about 3,000 acre of high desert to hunt varmints and ride ATVs on. I'll probably be the only family member to ever exercise the agreement, but it is there for anyone to use.

Rem, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you and yours; but I personally would never buy a piece of property with those stipulations. I get how someone else might, but it wouldn’t work for me.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/04/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by slumlord
I know of guys over the years, lickin dat ass, giving landowners country hams, and Christmas cards and wreaths.

Guess I’m privileged, never had to suck up or give gifts or even pay a lease fee to hunt someone else’s land.

I know some guy and his son, pot belly red face mfthfucker and his son, give the guy I know’s dad a smoked turkey every Thanksgiving, then badmouth the guy I know.

I had permission to be on that same property at the invite of the guy I know (that they talk shît about)
I ran into them one day out there, they said “you tell Willy not to be riding his stupid four wheeler passed our stands while we’re out here” lol

I talked ‘Willy’ into giving that douche and his douchey son the boot off of that property. They pulled rank and went the old man and carried him some BBQ and potato salad other to the house and sucked his cock and got back onto the property.

The whole thing was associated with an overbearing stepmother my bud had, the shîtbird hunters knew her from a previous marriage and previous fatcat she was hitched to that also had a big chunk of land that they hunted that place also.

Lol

Fouck all that ass kissing and drama. Deer hunters can be some of the biggest bitches among grown men.

I don’t see it that way.

I have permission to hunt private land here in Oregon. The landowner has become a friend. Since he’s inland quite a ways he doesn’t get the freshest seafood, so I always bring him fresh crab and salmon or halibut, depending on my success. I do it not out of obligation, but out of appreciation. We’ve had great success for years, and it’s important to me that he knows how grateful I am. My son killed his first buck there seven years ago, and my dad killed his final buck there three years ago.

It’s how I say thanks.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by slumlord
I know of guys over the years, lickin dat ass, giving landowners country hams, and Christmas cards and wreaths.

Guess I’m privileged, never had to suck up or give gifts or even pay a lease fee to hunt someone else’s land.

I know some guy and his son, pot belly red face mfthfucker and his son, give the guy I know’s dad a smoked turkey every Thanksgiving, then badmouth the guy I know.

I had permission to be on that same property at the invite of the guy I know (that they talk shît about)
I ran into them one day out there, they said “you tell Willy not to be riding his stupid four wheeler passed our stands while we’re out here” lol

I talked ‘Willy’ into giving that douche and his douchey son the boot off of that property. They pulled rank and went the old man and carried him some BBQ and potato salad other to the house and sucked his cock and got back onto the property.

The whole thing was associated with an overbearing stepmother my bud had, the shîtbird hunters knew her from a previous marriage and previous fatcat she was hitched to that also had a big chunk of land that they hunted that place also.

Lol

Fouck all that ass kissing and drama. Deer hunters can be some of the biggest bitches among grown men.

I don’t see it that way.

I have permission to hunt private land here in Oregon. The landowner has become a friend. Since he’s inland quite a ways he doesn’t get the freshest seafood, so I always bring him fresh crab and salmon or halibut, depending on my success. I do it not out of obligation, but out of appreciation. We’ve had great success for years, and it’s important to me that he knows how grateful I am. My son killed his first buck there seven years ago, and my dad killed his final buck there three years ago.

It’s how I say thanks.

P

There’s a big difference between genuine appreciation and genuflecting sycophants who suck landowner dich for hunting rights. I’ve seen examples of both. The latter is truly sickening and rampant in some circles.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Rem, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for you and yours; but I personally would never buy a piece of property with those stipulations. I get how someone else might, but it wouldn’t work for me.

I wouldn't have bought it under those terms either, but the new owner bought it as a money losing investment to balance his money making investments. He isn't going to run it as a working ranch and he isn't going to lease the grazing rights. He told me that he has rented the ranch house so that there will be somebody on-site to keep an eye on things, Now that I think about it, we actually have a perpetual lease of $365 per year for trespassing rights. So he got $60K knocked off the price and he gets an annual payment of $365. It is a crappy piece of land to ranch, but it grows a good crop of coyotes.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.

Tell him your Earth needs to heal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Un freaking believable...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.

Wow! You were a lot nicer to him than he deserved.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Un freaking believable...

Exactly!

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hunted a older mans land that bordered our camp.

40 acres. Never was replanted so it’s thicker hair on cats back. Briar thickets. Good for nothing.

Ever year we’d take him a couple deer. Already on ice. He didn’t get round to well.

Loved some coons too!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

He was furious.

He would’ve been a lot more furious after what I would’ve told him. You were a hell of a lot nicer than I would’ve been...

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,095
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.