Home
Posted By: Tansun People of color.... - 07/03/20
I can remember a time when I was growing up that the term “people of color” was racist, neither black nor white are colors after all. It was always to be referred to as “African- American, Mexican-American, Scottish-American, etc.” but to say someone was a “person of color” was racist. Now all the liberals seems to be using that term.

So is it or is it not racist?
Posted By: old70 Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
Approved terminology changes with wind direction, and some folks think it's everyone's responsibility to keep up with preferences. I was chastised the other day for using African-American, and was told that it is racist and that Black is the approved terminology. I thanked them for educating me on their preferences, and went on my way. PoC is OK in some circles as well. Whatever. These days, racist seems to depend on the audience, with folks going out of their way to be the first to decry perceived racism.

Old70
Posted By: logcutter Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
One of my best friends in basic was a black guy with a name of C White..We ended up being best of friends...I have no issue with blacks as he didn't with whites...Between my mouth and his name we were in the running for most pushups ever at Benning..
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
[Linked Image from img.ifunny.co]
Posted By: sambubba Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
What happened to being just an American--no hyphens ?
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
It is if they say it is
That is all you need to know
Proceed accordingly
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
That is exactly we were told in all the sexual awereness classes
Posted By: logcutter Re: People of color.... - 07/03/20
People of color or white supremacist...Chit happens and we all move on..
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by sambubba

What he said. If you call yourself an African-American you get to chose. Go to live in Africa or stay in America as an American. Ditto with the Mexicans.
Posted By: viking Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Dark greens and light greens. So said the Corp.
Posted By: johnt189 Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
People should read the speech Teddy Roosevelt made in 1911
Viking
so true so true Semper FI
Posted By: dpd Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by sambubba

Exactly!!! No such thing as an African American! You are either African or American ! I have French and Irish in my family roots . I don’t refer to myself as Irish or French American. I’m an American .
Posted By: mirage243 Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
I'm so sick of it all, I just call em what they are till they change my mind.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
NAACP

National Council of Negro Women

National Negro Business League

National Black Justice Coalition

And the list goes on and on.

Where is my race represented in America?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by johnt189
Viking

"Man in the arena" speech? If not it's still one of my favorites....
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Posted By: jackmountain Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
NAACP

The history books, til they're all banned.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as anyone else.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic.

The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.

October 12, 1915: Theodore Roosevelt on “Americanism”
Posted By: mark shubert Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by jaguartx
NAACP

WE are the "PRIVLEDGED" - who get to support all the welfare, WIC using, non-working scum in this country - of ALL colors!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by johnt189
Viking

"Man in the arena" speech? If not it's still one of my favorites....
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Don't care what political affiliations there are...that is one of the finest pieces of written word I have seen.
Libs are always changing the meaning and use of words. There was a time when saying "people of color" was their polite way of not saying Ni gg er.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
My grandmother referred to them as ni-gras. There was a local farmer who had a Black man working for him, and he regularly called him his Black SOB, and apparently the Black didn't mind. If he did, he never acted like it.

I put them in two classes...................kniggers, and good folks that just happen to be Black. Unfortunately, around here, the former outnumber the latter.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by JamesJr
My grandmother referred to them as ni-gras. There was a local farmer who had a Black man working for him, and he regularly called him his Black SOB, and apparently the Black didn't mind. If he did, he never acted like it.

I put them in two classes...................kniggers, and good folks that just happen to be Black. Unfortunately, around here, the former outnumber the latter.

Hate to break it to you but I have met an awful lot of white niggers.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
I just call ‘em negros
Posted By: JamesJr Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Hate to break it to you but I have met an awful lot of white niggers.

I never said there wasn't, only here they're called White Trash.
Posted By: Sprint11 Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Very proud of my grandfather. In 1908, he immigrated from what was at the time the Ottoman Empire to Las Vegas, N.M. He hated the Turks. In 1923 he returned to his hometown to complete the marriage to my grandmother which was arraigned before he left. The return trip brought them through Ellis Island and I found the page he signed. His entry listed his nationality as "American". Love that.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
This is no different than them flip flopping between "liberal" and "progressive" depending on whichever term their PC language think tank tells them they should run from.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just call ‘em negros

i just call them potential trouble
Posted By: Huntz Re: People of color.... - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Libs are always changing the meaning and use of words. There was a time when saying "people of color" was their polite way of not saying Ni gg er.

Actually a colored person is one who is not all black,There are many shades of colored such as High Yeller,Octoroon,mulatto,meztizo.Then there a the all black negroids such as a black as the night black blue gummed nig ger.Hell in New Orleans a person of 1/8th negroid blood (Octoroon) was considered colored and subject to be sold as a slave.
© 24hourcampfire