Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tansun Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I can remember a time when I was growing up that the term “people of color” was racist, neither black nor white are colors after all. It was always to be referred to as “African- American, Mexican-American, Scottish-American, etc.” but to say someone was a “person of color” was racist. Now all the liberals seems to be using that term.

So is it or is it not racist?

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Approved terminology changes with wind direction, and some folks think it's everyone's responsibility to keep up with preferences. I was chastised the other day for using African-American, and was told that it is racist and that Black is the approved terminology. I thanked them for educating me on their preferences, and went on my way. PoC is OK in some circles as well. Whatever. These days, racist seems to depend on the audience, with folks going out of their way to be the first to decry perceived racism.

Old70

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
One of my best friends in basic was a black guy with a name of C White..We ended up being best of friends...I have no issue with blacks as he didn't with whites...Between my mouth and his name we were in the running for most pushups ever at Benning..

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from img.ifunny.co]

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What happened to being just an American--no hyphens ?

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is if they say it is
That is all you need to know
Proceed accordingly

Last edited by TBREW401; 07/03/20.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That is exactly we were told in all the sexual awereness classes

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
People of color or white supremacist...Chit happens and we all move on..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sambubba

What he said. If you call yourself an African-American you get to chose. Go to live in Africa or stay in America as an American. Ditto with the Mexicans.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dark greens and light greens. So said the Corp.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
People should read the speech Teddy Roosevelt made in 1911
Viking
so true so true Semper FI

Retarded,Rich,Famous
Hunting,Target Shooting,Women
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by sambubba

Exactly!!! No such thing as an African American! You are either African or American ! I have French and Irish in my family roots . I don’t refer to myself as Irish or French American. I’m an American .

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm so sick of it all, I just call em what they are till they change my mind.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
NAACP

National Council of Negro Women

National Negro Business League

National Black Justice Coalition

And the list goes on and on.

Where is my race represented in America?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by johnt189
Viking

"Man in the arena" speech? If not it's still one of my favorites....
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
NAACP

The history books, til they're all banned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts “native” before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as anyone else.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic.

The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American.

October 12, 1915: Theodore Roosevelt on “Americanism”

Last edited by Beoceorl; 07/03/20.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by jaguartx
NAACP

WE are the "PRIVLEDGED" - who get to support all the welfare, WIC using, non-working scum in this country - of ALL colors!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by johnt189
Viking

"Man in the arena" speech? If not it's still one of my favorites....
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Don't care what political affiliations there are...that is one of the finest pieces of written word I have seen.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Libs are always changing the meaning and use of words. There was a time when saying "people of color" was their polite way of not saying Ni gg er.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,049
Posts18,482,264
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.