Home
Posted By: Huntz The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
Against tyranny?Against Communists?Believe in God?Here is something to think about.Check out the link below:
https://www.jbs.org
Posted By: hookeye Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
Used to be an old JBS sign on a pole off the highway, going to Winamac F&W area.

"Get US out of the United Nations"

Brought a smile to my face for decades.
Been trying to find an original like it, in antique shops.
We were honored to have some of the most effective, researched speakers and writers of my lifetime come to our venues over the years.
These were the kind of people that you would want your children and grandchildren to study.
Funny thing is that we had men, a few women, and from all denominations attend. The only ones who actually heard these issues preached from their pulpits were IFB... Independent Fundamental Baptists.
Those fearless preachers learned that many of the same things, RTKBA, National Independence, babies and elderly lives matter too, Bill of Rights, love for life and liberty...these were based on Biblical principles.
One of many great Independent Fundamental Baptists was the first Bircher that I met. An old timer with a thousand times more power than Billy Graham. A humble evangelist, Dr. Joe Boyd. He won many thousands to Christ and carried a full auto for self defense in his motor home....or so I'm told. 😉

Nothing but good memories of JBS and those men of God.
Posted By: K22 Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
I was one for many, many years. They were well informed with most of what you hear now days concerning the NWO, the Deep State (Shadow Gov.) and other left wing groups, starting from that JBS. A great American group. Fred Trump, his lawyer, and I believe John Trump were also members. Donald Trump made donations, but I don't think he was a member.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
I attended a JBS meeting in El Paso when assigned to Fort Bliss way back in late '66. Within 48 hours I was called in and questioned by an Army CID guy and two other guys in suits who did not identify themselves. I don't know why I was questioned, and the only reason I mention this non-event, I wonder if it had something to do with my high security clearance. I thought the JBS were the good guys, apple pie and baseball.
Posted By: antlers Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
They oppose federal programs that many farmers and ranchers hold sacred: farm subsidies.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
Posted By: High_Noon Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
Originally Posted by hookeye
Used to be an old JBS sign on a pole off the highway, going to Winamac F&W area.

"Get US out of the United Nations"

Brought a smile to my face for decades.
Been trying to find an original like it, in antique shops.

Get US Out of the UN antique sign
Posted By: Morewood Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
"Well I'm a faithful follower of brother John Birch..."
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
Huntz: I was a young policeman out on the west coast in a major city and I was asked to attend one of their meetings.
My "sponsor" to that meeting some days later informed me I was way "to conservative for them" and I was not asked back (1969 or 1970?)!
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
I've only known personally one member of the JBS. He is a great guy, incredibly intelligent, with a huge, wonderful family. They are all good, no-nonsense people. When I met his wife one day, I happened to look down and notice that she was wearing the same $20 Costco shoes I had on. I thought that said as much about her character as her homeschooling all of their 9 children, and her having a huge garden a bunch of livestock, all to feed her family and teach her kids to be connected to their sustenance.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
I did not know they still existed. Haven't heard a word about them for decades. Sort of like the Tea Party.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Huntz: I was a young policeman out on the west coast in a major city and I was asked to attend one of their meetings.
My "sponsor" to that meeting some days later informed me I was way "to conservative for them" and I was not asked back (1969 or 1970?)!
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

When a Bircher says you're too conservative, it's because they themselves don't identify as conservatives. In their view, there's little left to conserve. What they seek is the restoration of traditional America, which doesn't require conservation, but action.

I was asked several times to be a member back in the early 1990s. They even sent representatives to my home to talk to me about it. I had been a regular subscriber to their magazine since the late 1980s, and purchased many of their books during that period of time.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: The John Birch Society - 07/04/20
I checked out years ago, as they became a bit too left wing. 😜
Since the chapters are located in different areas, different demographics, religious backgrounds, etc there's going to be differing views on various issues.
Some will have republican Mormons if in Utah. Others libertarian Baptists, while some may be conservative/ moderate Catholics, Orthodox Jews. The broad brush strokes don't work as they're individuals. If I understand correctly, there were regional directors to keep the chapters organized, motivated and focussed on issues.

I never met one who wasn't generally pro liberty, although I would differ with them on certain solutions and some details. Thats just one local group.
At least it got guys and gals past the neo con Fox News left/right paradyme and educated by experts in a number of fields.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
Posted By: szihn Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
They were 100% right ............. and I suspect still are.
Oh yeah.
I haven't heard that for a looong time.
Good song Watch4bear.
👍
Posted By: watch4bear Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
They made em look like redneck hillbilly’s. They have ridiculed John Birch for years.
Good point.
I've been told that by vietnam vets of all people.
Funny thing is that in our area, we had some of the most educated ministers, doctors, and engineers.
The hippy was on the same page, but wasn't a joiner.
I don't think lawyers were welcome 😄
It's easy for anyone to see what they are about these days. A glance at the titles of their videos and whos who of speakers

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/user/TheJohnBirchSociety[/video]

Good first hand interviews of people who knew the Baptist preacher Capt John Birch.

G. Edward Griffith narates another old biography.
Posted By: trplem Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I did not know they still existed. Haven't heard a word about them for decades. Sort of like the Tea Party.

I'm about a mile away from their Appleton offices. It's right next to Breadsmith bakery, kind of across from the Culver's.
Posted By: g5m Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
When I was in high school, late '50's, a friend's mom was very active in the John Birch Society. They had stacks of literature all over the house. She was active in distributing it.
The JBS was denigrated by the msm back then, too. But, as far as I can recall, EVERYTHING they warned about has come to pass.

The msm has been hostile to traditional US since at least the 1950's. Look at how they treated the Presidential candidates.
Posted By: g5m Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It's easy for anyone to see what they are about these days. A glance at the titles of their videos and whos who of speakers

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/user/TheJohnBirchSociety[/video]

Good first hand interviews of people who knew the Baptist preacher Capt John Birch.

G. Edward Griffith narates another old biography.

Good video. Interesting that he helped rescue Doolittle and others.
Around here they show up at the gunshows. Complete nut jobs. Full Blown Holocaust Deniers and racist.
Posted By: antlers Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Complete nut jobs. Full Blown Holocaust Deniers...
lol

Might as well deny the sun and the moon and the stars while they’re at it.
Around here they show up at the gunshows. Complete nut jobs. Full Blown Holocaust Deniers and racist.

dont know who shows up at your gunshows , but neither their website nor their literature that Ive seen talk about anything like that

instead , they talk about stuff like freedom , liberty , following the constitution , patriotism , personal responsibility , and support for local law enforcement

I really think the Birchers have gotten a bad rap as some kind of radical wingnuts

Yep. Good solid citizens.
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

dont know who shows up at your gunshows , but neither their website nor their literature that Ive seen talk about anything like that

instead , they talk about stuff like freedom , liberty , following the constitution , patriotism , personal responsibility , and support for local law enforcement

I really think the Birchers have gotten a bad rap as some kind of radical wingnuts

Do some real reading on them and you will see what I mean.

At the Tanner show they actually had out pamphlets claiming the Holocaust was faked by the Jews and such....
Do some real reading on them and you will see what I mean.

At the Tanner show they actually had out pamphlets claiming the Holocaust was faked by the Jews and such....
You should have taken one, so you could show it to us, along with John Birch Publications stamped on the pamphlet. Seems like that would be something you'd want to do, were your story true.
Posted By: antlers Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20
At the Tanner show they actually handed out pamphlets claiming the Holocaust was faked by the Jews and such....
lmao

Might as well deny the moon landings too, and the earth being a sphere.

There may be those who are members. Even here, you get all kinds of views. However, I've never noticed that talked about in their publications, or by the speakers.

Are there those who argue over numbers recorded as murdered in the WWII camps? Just about any sizable group interested in history will argue based on the latest book they've read.
Personally, I see decent guys trying to prevent the next holocaust through education. I don't know if that is actually working since the majority leave their gts to educate their little boys and girls. Hasn't improved to be honest.
Posted By: memtb Re: The John Birch Society - 07/06/20

You obviously have them confused with someone else....or they don’t fit into your ideology! Hopefully, it’s the first! memtb
Originally Posted by memtb

You obviously have them confused with someone else....or they don’t fit into your ideology! Hopefully, it’s the first! memtb

Nope.

I can't speak for all of them, but the one's around here an nucking futs, exactly the type of people who would recruit TRH into their ranks. Their approach is like that of a Jehovah Witness. They won't tell you who they are until you call them out, and it doens't take very long to realize who they are.
Only reason I didn't join when recruited was the cost. It was damned expensive.

PS I wear your derogatory insinuations as a badge of honor, Cantaloupe Snipper.
© 24hourcampfire