Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Against tyranny?Against Communists?Believe in God?Here is something to think about.Check out the link below:
https://www.jbs.org

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Used to be an old JBS sign on a pole off the highway, going to Winamac F&W area.

"Get US out of the United Nations"

Brought a smile to my face for decades.
Been trying to find an original like it, in antique shops.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We were honored to have some of the most effective, researched speakers and writers of my lifetime come to our venues over the years.
These were the kind of people that you would want your children and grandchildren to study.
Funny thing is that we had men, a few women, and from all denominations attend. The only ones who actually heard these issues preached from their pulpits were IFB... Independent Fundamental Baptists.
Those fearless preachers learned that many of the same things, RTKBA, National Independence, babies and elderly lives matter too, Bill of Rights, love for life and liberty...these were based on Biblical principles.
One of many great Independent Fundamental Baptists was the first Bircher that I met. An old timer with a thousand times more power than Billy Graham. A humble evangelist, Dr. Joe Boyd. He won many thousands to Christ and carried a full auto for self defense in his motor home....or so I'm told. 😉

Nothing but good memories of JBS and those men of God.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I was one for many, many years. They were well informed with most of what you hear now days concerning the NWO, the Deep State (Shadow Gov.) and other left wing groups, starting from that JBS. A great American group. Fred Trump, his lawyer, and I believe John Trump were also members. Donald Trump made donations, but I don't think he was a member.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I attended a JBS meeting in El Paso when assigned to Fort Bliss way back in late '66. Within 48 hours I was called in and questioned by an Army CID guy and two other guys in suits who did not identify themselves. I don't know why I was questioned, and the only reason I mention this non-event, I wonder if it had something to do with my high security clearance. I thought the JBS were the good guys, apple pie and baseball.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They oppose federal programs that many farmers and ranchers hold sacred: farm subsidies.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Used to be an old JBS sign on a pole off the highway, going to Winamac F&W area.

"Get US out of the United Nations"

Brought a smile to my face for decades.
Been trying to find an original like it, in antique shops.

Get US Out of the UN antique sign

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"Well I'm a faithful follower of brother John Birch..."

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Huntz: I was a young policeman out on the west coast in a major city and I was asked to attend one of their meetings.
My "sponsor" to that meeting some days later informed me I was way "to conservative for them" and I was not asked back (1969 or 1970?)!
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've only known personally one member of the JBS. He is a great guy, incredibly intelligent, with a huge, wonderful family. They are all good, no-nonsense people. When I met his wife one day, I happened to look down and notice that she was wearing the same $20 Costco shoes I had on. I thought that said as much about her character as her homeschooling all of their 9 children, and her having a huge garden a bunch of livestock, all to feed her family and teach her kids to be connected to their sustenance.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I did not know they still existed. Haven't heard a word about them for decades. Sort of like the Tea Party.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Huntz: I was a young policeman out on the west coast in a major city and I was asked to attend one of their meetings.
My "sponsor" to that meeting some days later informed me I was way "to conservative for them" and I was not asked back (1969 or 1970?)!
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

When a Bircher says you're too conservative, it's because they themselves don't identify as conservatives. In their view, there's little left to conserve. What they seek is the restoration of traditional America, which doesn't require conservation, but action.

I was asked several times to be a member back in the early 1990s. They even sent representatives to my home to talk to me about it. I had been a regular subscriber to their magazine since the late 1980s, and purchased many of their books during that period of time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I checked out years ago, as they became a bit too left wing. 😜

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since the chapters are located in different areas, different demographics, religious backgrounds, etc there's going to be differing views on various issues.
Some will have republican Mormons if in Utah. Others libertarian Baptists, while some may be conservative/ moderate Catholics, Orthodox Jews. The broad brush strokes don't work as they're individuals. If I understand correctly, there were regional directors to keep the chapters organized, motivated and focussed on issues.

I never met one who wasn't generally pro liberty, although I would differ with them on certain solutions and some details. Thats just one local group.
At least it got guys and gals past the neo con Fox News left/right paradyme and educated by experts in a number of fields.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/05/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They were 100% right ............. and I suspect still are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh yeah.
I haven't heard that for a looong time.
Good song Watch4bear.
👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They made em look like redneck hillbilly’s. They have ridiculed John Birch for years.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good point.
I've been told that by vietnam vets of all people.
Funny thing is that in our area, we had some of the most educated ministers, doctors, and engineers.
The hippy was on the same page, but wasn't a joiner.
I don't think lawyers were welcome 😄

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 27 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.