Home
Back in the early 1990s, they were coming into the US by the boat load, either factory new or Russian armory refurbished. Not sure which they were. They looked factory new. I bought four of them for $100.00 each, and sold one to my brother for what I paid. Over the years, I sold two of mine (I think I got about $400.00 apiece for them in the early 2000s), and I kept the best of the three. My brother still has his.

I was thinking of selling the last one I have, and went online to see what folks are getting for them with all matching numbers, nice shape, and pristine bore, like mine. Bidding typically starts at $750.00 or more, and some are getting about a grand for them. What the heck??

[Linked Image]
They are a fine.weapon...

@ $75

Don't know if he still has it but a friend of mine brought back a captured original issue SKS from his tour in RSVN.
Non-arsenal refinished sample in excellent condition is $800+/-100 while arsenal refinished bring $500 to $600. Russian military/police Makarovs start at about $600 bring baks well over $1000 approaching $2000. Americans crazy. On the other hand not long ago fine MC-7 shotgun in excellent condition could be bought for not a lot more than $2000, that's cheap. Americans make no sense.
Look at ammo situation in: 9x19, .380, .45ACP at common internet retailers, most are "out of stock". Mucho Loco!
Hmmm
Originally Posted by CashisKing

@ $75

Guess again ........They are a fine rifle, period.
Before American panic Chinese Poly-Tech AK about $3000 at same time used Arsenal assembled form American and Bulgarian parts bout $900. Crazy people still buy overpriced Chinese stuff. Another example $350CDN Chinese Norconia 1911 $600 in USA, loco! At same time CZ 1911A1s were sold for about $700 (made in USA in Norwich NY). The were not popular at the time so <1000 were made.
Why the only response Americans have to crisis is run on buying Guns and ammo? This is crazy
Wish I'd bought 50 at a hunnat dollah a pop. I actually bought ten, cherry picked two for myself and flipped the others to pals at no profit to me.

The Simonov is actually a pretty good firearm. I have several Chinese, one factory, the others parts guns shooters, and they are all reliable and decently accurate, two really shoot well, nearly enough but not quite for PDs.

As for the two Soviets, I've left them unscoped and in factory shape with new rear sights on the action cover (spare generic) and some bedding to de-stress them a hair. I also took off the varnish (which was coming off anyway) and used modern poly finishes. One is a Stalin-year, the other Krushchev, which is a neat link to history. They'll score about 80-85 on the NRA target with an X or two.

For a hundred bucks or less, every one was a screaming deal and shoots fine. But 750? I don't think I'd buy one now. Bringbacks and Albanians are off the charts as are even the most hammered Yugos.

But it was great while it lasted, just like K-98s.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by CashisKing

@ $75

Guess again ........They are a fine rifle, period.

especially when they fire in 3 round groups
My "brother" got shot by one from about five feet away. Pissed him off so he killed the guy who shot him, although I think he would have killed the fellow regardless of whether he was angry or not.
I remember seein’ em’ by the case for $65 a piece at the gun shows at the Houston AstroHall and the Convention Center downtown...in the 90’s. But you could also buy new Colt 1991 A1’s for $279 a piece from distributors then too. If I only knew...
Given that ordinary citizens can't easily own selective fire rifles the SKS does make sense. The Norconia ones with factory high-cap magazines/adapters make more sense than an AK/AKM. They are less expensive to own and just as effective.
With a blueprint, a sheet metal bending brake and some hand tools you can build your own AK. It will be as good as or better than the one you buy for $1K!
Hindsight is 20/20

Lot's of thing bought back when would have turned a huge profit.
I remember when Cokes were a nickel and I could see my dick.

Leading up to Clinton's assault weapon ban in 1994 many firearms dealers already had piles of SKS rifles on hand. Unsure if they would be banned as well, leaving them with a bunch of money tied up in guns they could not sell they started undercutting each-other's prices hoping to get rid of as many as they could before the ban deadline date. The lowest I saw them was $59. As it turned out, though, (IIRC) SKS rifles sold after ban could not have fixed bayonet but those sold with bayonets before the ban date were 'grandfathered ' in.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Wish I'd bought 50 at a hunnat dollah a pop. I actually bought ten, cherry picked two for myself and flipped the others to pals at no profit to me.

The Simonov is actually a pretty good firearm. I have several Chinese, one factory, the others parts guns shooters, and they are all reliable and decently accurate, two really shoot well, nearly enough but not quite for PDs.

As for the two Soviets, I've left them unscoped and in factory shape with new rear sights on the action cover (spare generic) and some bedding to de-stress them a hair. I also took off the varnish (which was coming off anyway) and used modern poly finishes. One is a Stalin-year, the other Krushchev, which is a neat link to history. They'll score about 80-85 on the NRA target with an X or two.

For a hundred bucks or less, every one was a screaming deal and shoots fine. But 750? I don't think I'd buy one now. Bringbacks and Albanians are off the charts as are even the most hammered Yugos.

Yeah, I kick myself for not buying more Swedes at $85 a rifle in the 90's at Big Five. Buddy of mine who "knew things" told me we had better get our asses down there and pick through a couple as they had the reputation of being shooters.

I've got one I originally wanted to "sporterize" with aftermarket stock, have the bolt handle bent, drill and tap, shorten the barrel and all that jazz. Got to looking at it a few years later, and the values on them. All matching numbers except the cleaning rod, which some collectors have told me I'm lucky to have. Seems like that's the item most likely to get lost or swapped during an arsenal re-furb.

At one point I put a no gunsmithing mount on it, with a cheap long eye relief scope and using Rem factory ammo put 3 in less than 2" at 200 yds. Now I've removed the scope and am keeping it for barter or sale or "emergency use".

What we could have done had we known, eh?
Originally Posted by antlers
I remember seein’ em’ by the case for $65 a piece at the gun shows at the Houston AstroHall and the Convention Center downtown...in the 90’s. But you could also buy new Colt 1991 A1’s for $179 a piece from distributors then too. If I only knew...

1991 lol
Funny, back then the conventional wisdom on em was that the stocks were designed for 12 year old girls and they were about as accurate as a Parkinson's patient throwing darts.

Apparently they have aged well in the past 25 years.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I remember seein’ em’ by the case for $65 a piece at the gun shows at the Houston AstroHall and the Convention Center downtown...in the 90’s. But you could also buy new Colt 1991 A1’s for $179 a piece from distributors then too. If I only knew...
1991 lol
Whatcha laffin’ at...?
What with the Marxists threatening us and the Democrats agreeing with them, what do you expect the price of rifles that can't be made any more to do?
And here I sit with a Russian SKS in the safe. Unfired. Think it's an arsenal rebuild but it's mint. One of the laminated stock models, also. Put it away and never shot it. Got it back in '95 when a guy I knew who had an FFL was buying them by the crate. Gave me a deal on it; I think it was $225. My first SKS was a brand new, right outta the crate Norinco for $100. back in 1992 at a gun show. That one's had almost 500 trouble free rounds through it. Also got a used Chinese SKS in 2013 for my "beater" gun. Paid $450. for that one. Prices keep going up but with 3 of 'em now I'll never need another. I'll never wear out the 2 that I occasionally shoot. Might consider selling the unfired Russian if prices are up. I'm doing some retirement downsizing.
Watch your local armslist.

Find em for less.

Looking at bidding sites or gun shows probably aint the best.

Find a early bucket head 56 with a blade bayo roll pinned is the same difference.
Soviet advisor and techs in the 66 factory .
Before the bucketheads told Ivan to fugg off.
Desperate people influence things.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Back in the early 1990s, they were coming into the US by the boat load, either factory new or Russian armory refurbished. Not sure which they were. They looked factory new. I bought four of them for $100.00 each, and sold one to my brother for what I paid. Over the years, I sold two of mine (I think I got about $400.00 apiece for them in the early 2000s), and I kept the best of the three. My brother still has his.

I was thinking of selling the last one I have, and went online to see what folks are getting for them with all matching numbers, nice shape, and pristine bore, like mine. Bidding typically starts at $750.00 or more, and some are getting about a grand for them. What the heck??

Yeah I remember that dunhams had them in a locked display case for $100 and sometimes there were sales.
I'd ask, why are you locking THESE up, while you have expensive hunting rifles hanging on a peg board behind the counter? Never bought one but those were a deal!

Now I ask to see a sig pistol and they require a drivers license and they won't remove the big hunk if trigger lock so I can get a grip check the pull and ergonomics.
I told dunhams, tell your general manager that I can get a better deal online. The ONLY reason to go to your brick and mortar store is to check these details and for the service. I get neither.
Buy?...NO Buy....
Just.......Bye bye 🖐️👋

Quite content with what I have.
Fla armlist.
Russian
panama city

Listed today

Others on it also in the 550 range.

FTF deal
Public area
State resident to state resident
Cash
Any other way you are taking your chances with private sellers on armlist.
They dont wanna do a deal like that.
They are scammers.

Armlist stores and vendors not too bad to deal with.
Do a nation wide search for those by just typing SKS into search.
Dont select any state towns or catagories.
Originally Posted by slumlord

And I remember when I didn't hurt in so many places.

I never cared for the communist guns.

I'd a bought a pile of 'em if I knew they would go for $600. But then if I had a crystal ball that worked I would have run from evil wife #2 and would be able to buy a nice farm.
Bought my first SKS, and 1000 rounds of ammo with it, back in the late 80's for $100 total. Many different SKS's and AK's since then along with countless rounds of ammo for them. Now, the only thing I have that shoots 7.62x39 is a Ruger American! Who'd a thunk it!
Originally Posted by blindshooter
And I remember when I didn't hurt in so many places.
And I remember when I could pee over a Mini Cooper.
Even the cheaper Norincos are bringing war prices these days.
I did not want a SKS,---till now. laugh
Guy in Miami just put this listing up
Literally........

1952 TULA RUSSIAN SKS $370
1950 RUSSIAN SKS BEAUTIFUL$415
SOVIET SKS $265
RUSSIAN TULA 1950R $323
1955 RUSSIAN TULA SKS $365
1953R RUSSIAN TULA SKS $350
70 YEARS OLD RUSSIAN SKS $675
RUSSIAN SKS UNISSUE 1951 $465
BRITISH 2Nd MODEL SHORT LAND PEDERSOLI BROWN BESS.75 CAL $890
SWISS K11 MADE IN 1926 EXC CONDITION$570
LEFT HAND BROWNING A-BOLT MEDALLION $975
FABULOUS JOHN WAYNE COMMEMORABLE WIN 94/32-40. $1990
1893 MARLIN30-30 MADE IN 1902 $1655
HENRY BIG STEEL 30-30 PRISTINE CONDITION $665
1977 WIN MODEL 70.308 $345
SAVAGE MODEL 1899 30-30 $699
FN BROWNING TROMBONE.22 $670
1945 ENFIELD JUNGLE RIFLE#5 $890
RUGER OLD ARMY STAINLESS.45 BLACK POWDER $500
LEE ENFIELD JUNGLE CARBINE 1945/WITH BAYONET $499
LEE ENFIELD.303 $345
SWISS MODEL 1882 ORDINANCE REVOLVER $500
BRING CASH UPON APPOINTMENT TO VIEW NO TRADE CALL OR EMAIL ALL AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT WILL BE AFTER 6:30PM
Originally Posted by joken2

Leading up to Clinton's assault weapon ban in 1994 many firearms dealers already had piles of SKS rifles on hand. Unsure if they would be banned as well, leaving them with a bunch of money tied up in guns they could not sell they started undercutting each-other's prices hoping to get rid of as many as they could before the ban deadline date. The lowest I saw them was $59. As it turned out, though, (IIRC) SKS rifles sold after ban could not have fixed bayonet but those sold with bayonets before the ban date were 'grandfathered ' in.

Mines got the, apparently rare, polished and blued bayonet (not painted, actually blued from the factory). 1952 Tula factory markings.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by joken2

Mines got the, apparently rare, polished and blued bayonet (not painted, actually blued from the factory). 1952 Tula factory markings.

[Linked Image]

Put it on your local armslist for 800
"Let em bargin you down" to 750 if so.
State to resident sale only
You have a 50 mile travel radius to meet halfway
Ftf public area deal.
Dude shows you his license and vice versa.
You confirmed residence...
Unless Fla has some commie schitt going on

Nothing to lose
Easy sale.

I can get ya a PMO out tomorow for 500 .....
Provide data for my ffl.
Give ya an extra 25 to help cover shipping

smile smile smile smile smile whistle grin
Thanks for the offer.
Thanks for the offer.

You do know Im fugging with ya I hope.

Go the armslist route.

Justa suggestion.

Easy sale.
If you own something in 7,62x39, 5,45x39, 7,62x54R, 9x18 better buy some ammo. According to defense-blog.com American Department of Defense is interested in buying large quantities of Russian hardware including small arms ammunition. I can recommend products from Novosibirsk Low Voltage Equipment Plant commonly known as Novosibirsk Cartridge Plant or LVE. smile
I always thought the Allies would have been better served in WWII with the SKS than the Lee Enfield, Garand not withstanding in an effort not to rile that natives. smile
I always thought the Allies would have been better served in WWII with the SKS than the Lee Enfield, Garand not withstanding in an effort not to rile that natives. smile

The contemporary of Garand was Samozaryadnaya Vintovka Tokareva. It was not particularly wide spread in use because it required good maintenance regimen for reliability so it was issued to elite/disciplined units. Today, good sample on American market will bring over $1000.
Originally Posted by Slavek

The contemporary of Garand was Samozaryadnaya Vintovka Tokareva. It was not particularly wide spread in use because it required good maintenance regimen for reliability so it was issued to elite/disciplined units. Today, good sample on American market will bring over $1000.

You see very few of those SVTs here in Canada and most are expensive.
I have a 1950 Russian SKS in great shape, pristine bore, bayonet sling...got it back in early '90's for about $100. We were all buying them then, for fun. One day we all went to the range for an SKS shoot, buddy from out of town shows up with his new (to him) Chinese SKS. We set up some targets and started banging away. He was standing between my brother and me, raises the rifle for a first shot and it buzzed through about 10 rounds with the first trigger pull. He just stood there staring at it.

Eleven or twelve years ago, I took a Russian guy fishing a few times, he was a Russian army officer (long story). Anyway, after fishing we went back to my house and he follows me into my shop and starts studying the shelves of ammo. His daughter, who was interpreting for us, came in and, through her I saked if he liked guns. When I opened up the safe, he went weak in the knees....never saw so many privately owned guns in his life. Amazed that we were allowed to own AR's. When I reached back into the safe and pulled out the Russian SKS, his eyes lit right up. He took it and went right through this whole manual of arms that finished with snapping it down and back so the bayonet popped out and was deployed. Cool.
Damn, how many SKS's did I sweat the cosmoline out of in a black garbage bag on the roof in 100+ degree heat. Thems were the days.

When I turned 18 a shop in Chico, CA had them for $69 a pop. Killed my first pig with one.

I probably bought and flipped a baker's dozen or more of SKS's in a couple of years. Don't regret flipping them all. Needed the money then for beer, tuition, dates, whatever.

I DO wish I had held onto the 2 cheap and accurate as hell swedes I had at the time though.
The BP gas station just north of Milledgeville sold them for $75 or $80 back then.

$100 bill would get ya a tank of gas,a Slim Jim, and a genuine Chinese SKS.
I sporterized my Russian SKS with a composite stock and neon front sight and took it deer hunting for a few years. Decent shooter and I had a buttload of ammo that came with the gun. Think I paid 200.

I have no idea if the numbers match but I kept the original wood and bayonet. Might have to drag it out of the safe and put it back original.
If the description starts with Russian, it's going to be expensive nowadays.

Just the way things have gotten.

Those were the Chinese ones. And Colt 1991 A1’s we’re NOT $179. They were $279. I was there too.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Those were the Chinese ones. And Colt 1991 A1’s we’re NOT $179. They were $279. I was there too.
Oops, typo. My bad. Fixed on original post. Thanks.
I got one of those

...somewhere in the house. Seen it about 6 mos ago behind some dog food bags.
I thought that the Chinese SKS were going to supplant lever action 30-30s as the preferred inexpensive truck gun when you could buy them by the case for about $75 each. My FIL bought a couple of cases of the NORINCO SKSs to give to his good customers. I took most of them apart and detail cleaned them, a dirty PITA job.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I thought that the Chinese SKS were going to supplant lever action 30-30s as the preferred inexpensive truck gun when you could buy them by the case for about $75 each. My FIL bought a couple of cases of the NORINCO SKSs to give to his good customers. I took most of them apart and detail cleaned them, a dirty PITA job.
How’d they shoot after you cleaned em’ up good...?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

Yeah, I kick myself for not buying more Swedes at $85 a rifle in the 90's at Big Five. Buddy of mine who "knew things" told me we had better get our asses down there and pick through a couple as they had the reputation of being shooters.

I've got one I originally wanted to "sporterize" with aftermarket stock, have the bolt handle bent, drill and tap, shorten the barrel and all that jazz. Got to looking at it a few years later, and the values on them. All matching numbers except the cleaning rod, which some collectors have told me I'm lucky to have. Seems like that's the item most likely to get lost or swapped during an arsenal re-furb.

At one point I put a no gunsmithing mount on it, with a cheap long eye relief scope and using Rem factory ammo put 3 in less than 2" at 200 yds. Now I've removed the scope and am keeping it for barter or sale or "emergency use".

What we could have done had we known, eh?

Yep. I wish I would have bought more Swedes!!! 😢
The days of the Sovbloc collaspe and " new country" inexpensive wpn,s were over by the early 2000,s
Not to mention storage and warehouse source,s of former mil wpns being exhausted.
Clinton AWB at 1st and then Black Jesus in 08 pretty much fugged schit up.
Then the Ukraine schit in 14.
And now C19 schitt.....

Fugging 1k of wolf polyformance 123 gr Hp
259 plus shipping and tax at SGammo yesterday.
Got the notify me email.
Dragging my feet on it right now, knowing as the election approaches it will only increase.
Fugging .30 a round after it all...

18 to 20 cents a rd prior to 2nd week of march and this C19 hyped bullschitt....
I got one of those

...somewhere in the house. Seen it about 6 mos ago behind some dog food bags.

Now that you know it's no longer considered a junker, you should dust it off and put it up for sale
if you think that's overpriced,just be thankful that you don't want an M-1 carbine.....WOW
Now this is downright funny.

My sons stayed in touch with the next door neighbor's son. They're all within a couple of years of each other. The neighbor boy is 23 now. When we were living there, we were always getting flak from Mom and Dad over guns. Mom and Dad (Jewish) just plain didn't like the idea of Germans owning firearms.

Fast Forward to a few weeks ago. #2 and #3 son were out and ran into their son. He's been getting into firearms. His biggest buy so far? A $750 rat bag SKS. My sons, who are fairly far down the bunny hole smiled politely and secretly laughed about the rube paying $750 for what I once bought for $80 and probably had a $350 street price nowadays.

I'll have to let them know the jokes on them.
Only time I ever listened to Bill Clinton. He said I did not need an assault rifle. I translated it from Liberal English to Patriotic English to mean I needed an assault rifle.

I really had no desire for one at the time but if Slick Willie said I didn't need one I knew I needed it. So I got one. A couple of years ago I went out a brought so extra ammo. Glad I did. It has been fun to shoot. But I haven't shot it for awhile.
Originally Posted by vapodog
if you think that's overpriced,just be thankful that you don't want an M-1 carbine.....WOW
Yep. Weren't they about $139 for a re-import "Blue Sky" marked or whatever during the $69 SKS time-frame? Norinco, "Model of the 1911A1" for $169. That last was over quick like.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Literally........

SOVIET SKS $265
RUSSIAN TULA 1950R $323
LEE ENFIELD.303 $345
BRING CASH UPON APPOINTMENT TO VIEW NO TRADE CALL OR EMAIL ALL AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT WILL BE AFTER 6:30PM

How do you search for that listing?
Originally Posted by deflave
Literally........

SOVIET SKS $265
RUSSIAN TULA 1950R $323
LEE ENFIELD.303 $345

How do you search for that listing?

Fl armslist.
Dont enter town
Click rifles
In search box enter SKS or what you are looking for.
Then state listings for that item will appear.

If ya want nationwide listing for an item
Just enter item directly into search box.

Dude had a pic of a big ole walk in safe.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by vapodog
Yep. Weren't they about $139 for a re-import "Blue Sky" marked or whatever during the $69 SKS time-frame? Norinco, "Model of the 1911A1" for $169. That last was over quick like.

before blue sky was arlington arms. they had a small import mark under the barrel, unlike blue sky stamping them so hard on the barrel as to damage it in some cases. I sorted through a pile of them for about 140 a piece.
the norinco 1911 i paid about that price, and did modify a little. put a different trigger in it, and adjustible sights.
i have taken people out to shoot at a ten yard target, not much difference between that norinco and a 2000dollar tweaked gold cup.
norinco has never let me down.
i had people t elling me i was nuts when i was buying just about every carbine i ran across, i wanted all ten manufacturers.
now they want to buy them for what i paid for them, yeah, right.
i have a lot of reference books on the carbines' and have torn down a bunch of them for retailers to see how complete they are or mixture of parts so i am not unfamilar with them. I walked into cabella's gun room one day while they had a carbine on a rack, commenting how original it was. they were grading it before putting it on the shelf for sale. I told them it was not an original and they wouldn't believe me, totally overlooking that blue sky stamp on it.
that was when i really started watching what they put out for sale, as in their arrogence they mislabeled stuff and mispriced stuff.
I bought a second year production danish kraig for about 150bucks., not to mention other stuff.
like a s&w model 25 .45 colt in a presentation box for about 500bucks.
back in the mid nineties, I bought an even dozen. They were a mix of Red Star and Izhmash refurbished. I think they were marked 1950 and 1952. Imported by some company in Harrisburg PA. $65 each. I kept them in their boxes and used just one of them. So so accuracy, nothing special, and did not really excite me.
When barack hussein got elected, I took all 12 to the Orlando Gun Show, and sold them them for $500 each. I could have sold another dozen easily.
I feel they are pretty much useless weapons, but to each his own.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

That's a ridiculous statement. They are very ruggedly designed and manufactured, extremely reliable, with lots of excellent practical features. The fact that they aren't target rifles doesn't detract from their value as weapons within the range that modern warfare tactics prioritizes for infantry riflemen, which is mostly within a couple hundred yards, and more typically much nearer.
I remember the days of the $68 SKS. Wasn't all that excited then. My opinion hasn't changed much.

In these times, a cheap dependable 7.62x39 launcher isn't a bad thing.

That said, if $650-750 is the water mark, I've got better places to put those dollars.
I put a Tech Sight on,ground off the recoil lug and added a butt extension for normal people arms. It's now GTG for the upcoming social revolution or zombie uprising, whichever comes first.

That's a ridiculous statement. They are very ruggedly designed and manufactured, extremely reliable, with lots of excellent practical features. The fact that they aren't target rifles doesn't detract from their value as weapons within the range that modern warfare tactics prioritizes for infantry riflemen, which is mostly within a couple hundred yards, and more typically much nearer.

They can be much more accurate than the typical ammo available for them will allow. I got very good accuracy from a Chinese SKS by loading .311 diameter 150 grain spitzers over H322.
A fellow had an SKS out to our silhouette range, this was back in the mid-90's, and after the match we were taking turns plinking with it some. From an elbows on the bench rested position we had no problems hitting the 300 meter pigs with the issue open sights. Since those present were all silhouette shooters and very much into accuracy we were suitably impressed with the little thing. LOP was way too short, that was the only universal complaint.
Have you seen what beat up British No. 4s are selling for?
Originally Posted by Bristoe

They can be much more accurate than the typical ammo available for them will allow. I got very good accuracy from a Chinese SKS by loading .311 diameter 150 grain spitzers over H322.

Sure, with fine tuning your ammo, they can be quite accurate.
Originally Posted by night_owl

No.

how much for one nowadays?
I feel they are pretty much useless weapons,

Like it or not, it's a battle rifle and an extremely good one. Nothing useless about that.

No.

Unmolested ones are hitting $800 here in Canada.

No.

Unmolested ones are hitting $800 here in Canada.

Wow. I used to have several like that, from various periods. I think I paid under a hundred for each. Years later, I sold them all at gun shows for between $350-$400.00 each. That was about ten years ago, I believe.
back in the mid nineties, I bought an even dozen. They were a mix of Red Star and Izhmash refurbished. I think they were marked 1950 and 1952. Imported by some company in Harrisburg PA. $65 each. I kept them in their boxes and used just one of them. So so accuracy, nothing special, and did not really excite me.
When barack hussein got elected, I took all 12 to the Orlando Gun Show, and sold them them for $500 each. I could have sold another dozen easily.

Tell that to the dead american marines and soldiers from the korean war and vietnam war shot by an SKS.
Go back under your rock......

That's a lot of money. I always thought they were ugly and never cared for the 7.62x39. I can see the appeal for a few hundred but for nearly $1,000 why would one chose an SKS over something in the AR family?
No love for the Mosin?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Theeck
That's a lot of money. I always thought they were ugly and never cared for the 7.62x39. I can see the appeal for a few hundred but for nearly $1,000 why would one chose an SKS over something in the AR family?

I think, at this point, it's become much more about the collectability (rarity, historical interest, condition, etc..) than the practical usefulness.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
No love for the Mosin?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have what looks like a factory new Polish-made Mosin carbine with folding bayonet. I paid about a hundred dollars for it. That could serve someone very well for all their big game hunting needs in North America. It's about on par with a .308, ballistically, and has a nice trigger. Naturally, the bayonet would be removed to cut down on weight, if it were to fill that role.
Chinese SKS's are currently on "special" for $299.99 and $349.99 at PSA.
They come up on alantic firearms in various condition grades and prices every so often also.

Lots of em getting hawked at gunshows.
Lotta milsurp pistol deals on alantic also.

Showing up at gunshows.

Both marked up 150 to 300 bucks or more.

Get kinda a chuckle when ya casually look at one and dude starts chiming in about.
Blah blah blah rare
Blah blah blah hard to find
Blah blah blah i can drop 25 bucks off it.

And you can see the importer markings decsribed on various websites.

Just walk away from em acting like ya didnt hear a word said.

Fugging weasels.........
SKSs aren't nearly as reliable as AKs, especially the SKS paratrooper models.
Soldiers who used SKSs did not like the clip loading.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
SKSs aren't nearly as reliable as AKs,

I've never read that anywhere. Have you got a source?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-sks-is-a-better-rifle-than-the-ak-for-civilian-shooters/

Soldiers who used SKSs did not like the clip loading.

I could see a soldier preferring a 30 rounder but a 10 rnd stripper clip in a semi-auto would be a very reliable configuration.
I put a Tech Sight on,ground off the recoil lug and added a butt extension for normal people arms. It's now GTG for the upcoming social revolution or zombie uprising, whichever comes first.

SuperCub, I hear you. I put one of those hard to find ComBloc extensions on my Arsenal 107 folder and it's gtg now.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/the-sks-is-a-better-rifle-than-the-ak-for-civilian-shooters/
Don't read about it, shoot them!
If you want a stark illustration, get hold of some of that EG plastic core ammo. Try it in an AK and in an SKS. Let us know which gun seems to work better.

If you want a stark illustration, get hold of some of that EG plastic core ammo. Try it in an AK and in an SKS. Let us know which gun seems to work better.

No AKs here in Canada for me to compare so all I get to do is read others experience. I've never had any issues with my SKS for reliability.

Thanks
I can't believe anyone would slag an SKS as being useless. It goes bang in the direction of the target very reliably, it's not too bulky, easy to strip and clean, the ammo is perfectly suited for the task. If it hadn't been for Kalashnikov coming along, Simonov would be the ace designer of the left arm of the Eastern Bloc.

Bottom line is, I'm glad I grabbed some when I had the chance, and after I'm gone, someone else will be happy, too.
I still have a Russian sks new in box I bought in '91 for something like $79. I'm amazed at some of the prices for these things.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

SuperCub, I hear you. I put one of those hard to find ComBloc extensions on my Arsenal 107 folder and it's gtg now.

I got a nato lenght stock on my AK.
Its good to go for me
5' 11"
Even a warsaw length one is GTG for me.
Cheek weld and nose on left back side of dust cover gtg.

However slumlords son Jacob.
Like 6' 4" 6' 5"
Had alot of problems getting a cheek to stock weld on my AK.
He had to contort alot to get into the rifle and see thru the sights.

AK is not for you ....

LOL!!

He didnt have issue,s shooting his dad,s AR with a collapsible stock fully extended.

No AKs here in Canada for me to compare so all I get to do is read others experience. I've never had any issues with my SKS for reliability.

Thanks

They allow you guys to convert em to 20 or 30 rd mags up their?
If so .
Wtf is the difference actually.
Other than the AK looks " evil".

Thanks

They allow you guys to convert em to 20 or 30 rd mags up their?
If so .
Wtf is the difference actually.
Other than the AK looks " evil".

We are restricted to 5 rnd mags for semi.autos. No difference.

Its good to go for me
5' 11"

Like 6' 4" 6' 5"

AK is not for you ....

LOL!!

He didnt have issue,s shooting his dad,s AR with a collapsible stock fully extended.

It was like a toy in Baby Huey’s paws. lol

Its good to go for me
5' 11"

Like 6' 4" 6' 5"

AK is not for you ....

LOL!!

Hahahaha.

The extension works for me, though. I'm 6'4".
Got a Arsenal SAM7SF-84. Stock too damn long, hate to put hacksaw to it.

Like it or not, it's a battle rifle and an extremely good one. Nothing useless about that.

It beats a sharp stick, I guess. There are far better rifles at competitive prices.
Turkish Mausers are getting pricey also.

It beats a sharp stick, I guess. There are far better rifles at competitive prices.

Its good to go for me
5' 11"

Like 6' 4" 6' 5"

AK is not for you ....

LOL!!

Hahahaha.

You shoulda seen it.

Looked like andre the giant with a GI joe rifle in his hands.

LOL!!!
I’ve seen a box turtle video posted on here before.

Therefore, that reply is not funny. The wattle-necks have deemed this a 👎🏼
Saw a Gewehr 98 at Sportsman's Warehouse for $1298. Yikes!

Paul
I’ve seen a box turtle video posted on here before.

Therefore, that reply is not funny. The wattle-necks have deemed this a 👎🏼

He is a special box turtle.
He only sees 7 post on a multi page thread.
He is a "sage" box turtle.
All knowing.....
Final say so in all matters( to the 7 post he sees, never peeking)
In his own little box turtle mind.
Originally Posted by Paul39
Saw a Gewehr 98 at Sportsman's Warehouse for $1298. Yikes!

Paul

What????

Seen one of the yugo mitchells mauser,s at a show.
Pre C19 back in Feb.
They had the wooden box and all accessories

Like 850 bucks.

LOL!!!

Thanks

Me neither. They've been rock solid reliable for me. I've owned and shot them since the very early 1990s.

Favorite rifle for patrolling the rear of yote set for smart ass, wileys sniffing the wind and attempting to investigate behind you. Iron sights lend themselves to quick sight picture.

Its good to go for me
5' 11"

Like 6' 4" 6' 5"

AK is not for you ....

LOL!!

Hahahaha.

You shoulda seen it.

Looked like andre the giant with a GI joe rifle in his hands.

LOL!!!

Andre the Giant. Baby Hughie.

LMAO.

Tell that to the dead american marines and soldiers from the korean war and vietnam war shot by an SKS.

Exactly.Load with .311 and let it eat...
There’s one on the Louisiana Sportsman classifieds, Russian SKS with matching numbers, asking 900$.

Fl armslist.
Dont enter town
Click rifles

OK I found it now. Thanks.

I'm thinking of pursuing that jungle carbine he has listed.

Anything else stand out to you? I don't know schit about SKS' or AK's.
Originally Posted by deflave

Fl armslist.
Dont enter town
Click rifles

OK I found it now. Thanks.

I'm thinking of pursuing that jungle carbine he has listed.

Anything else stand out to you? I don't know schit about SKS' or AK's.

Those Russian Sks,s at some of the prices he list are a pretty good deal in this day and age.
Just ta have one.
Making contact fast is important.
Ad was put up thursday.
No sense in rushing for something I don't really want.

LOL

Thanks again.
They come up on alantic firearms in various condition grades and prices every so often also.

Showing up at gunshows.

Get kinda a chuckle when ya casually look at one and dude starts chiming in about.
Blah blah blah rare

Fugging weasels.........

I hate gunshow numbnuts.

Around here, there are a bunch of them selling their stuff inside and in the parking lots of the LGS's now.

I guess it's a good thing for the LGS owner. They have more inventory and get a piece of the action off the gunshow schloms.

Showing up at gunshows.

Blah blah blah rare

Fugging weasels.........

I hate gunshow numbnuts.

Around here, there are a bunch of them selling their stuff inside and in the parking lots of the LGS's now.

I guess it's a good thing for the LGS owner. They have more inventory and get a piece of the action off the gunshow schloms.

Ones around here sales have ta be inside.
Different stuff, different area.

Always hawking the entrance to see what someone is bringing in.

One here next weekend at the 278th armoury got cancelled cause of "C19" resurgance.....

Duh ...
The more you test the more positive.
Herd immunity is good thing and the death rate is plummeting.
But mutha fugga,s wanta exploit schit for political reasons.....
Every fugging worker in any business in the county got the mask order monday.....

Fugging chinese
Fugging up everyfuggingthing......

Wanted to go see stuff, maybe find something.
That plan got shot the fugg down like snoopy in his sopwith camel cursing the red baron......

It is what it is..

g
I still have 2 left, a 20" and a 16" Paratrooper. Also have a SKS-M with the Monte Carlo stock. They are accurate and never quit.
$125 for it then traded for a Marlin 39 made the year I was born...
Turned out good.

I remember when there was an old barrel full of them @ $65 each at one of the local stores.
Guess I should have bought some but, you know, "everyone knew" they were junk.

I do like the version that takes the AK mags.....
Was always fond of the SKS. All the time little people would announce their presence by plinking in my direction with them. Never hurt me. But then they met the God of Hellfire. Funny stuff every time.

Too many nickel cokes are why you can`t see your dick.
Those prices you see are what the owner will pay you to take them away.
© 24hourcampfire