Home
Posted By: ringworm AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
I lived through the original AWB. I only owned a 6601 Colt and a Glock 9mm at the time but I remember Magazines going crazy and preban rifles at least doubling, be imports triple or better.
So if they somehow get a ban that looks like the last one, what would be an ideal ban proof gun?
Mini 14, AUG, Tavor, M1A?
M1 Garand
Ruger Mini 14 With a little tinkering the magazine capacity can be upsized and a few stashed away in a piece of PVC pipe and stored under the flower garden for "emergencies". If semi-autos in general get banned, a Mauser 98 with a 20-round "trench" magazine would come in handy. It takes about 30 seconds to swap from the 5 round internal mag to the high capacity one.
Posted By: Remsen Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Bans are for those who follow the law. That is no longer required in this country (assuming you're the right skin color).

But I suspect the next AWB will be extremely draconian and there won't be any easily applied loopholes to use (e.g., a bullet button or going with a pre-ban). California, unfortunately, learned many of the ways people got around the ban and that experience will lead those in D.C. who take their marching orders from the CA leftists to adopt a national ban similar to what is in CA. I also predict that they will simply do away with the protections afforded to already existing/owned weapons and will require you to sell them to the govt or destroy them. And, of course, there will be similar treatment for magazines, parts and ammo.

So I think the way around the next AWB is to simply refuse to comply with it, learn how to build your own parts, start reloading (if you don't already), stock up on components and have patience, since the country as it has existed to this point won't exist soon.
Winchester 73 in .357 or .44 Magnum.
Currently threaded muzzles are trendy, stay away from them if you can.

I recently purchased a Ruger PC carbine, fine gun, but it came with a threaded muzzle, without which feature and with 10 round Glock magazines it would actually be legal in NY State when I visit family (fuggin Cuomo’s “Safe Act” mad)

Ruger does make a “State Legal” version without the threaded muzzle, all sold out at this point in time.
Posted By: T LEE Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Hacksaw will fix the threaded end.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I recently purchased a Ruger PC carbine, fine gun, but it came with a threaded muzzle, without which feature and with 10 round Glock magazines it would actually be legal in NY State when I visit family (fuggin Cuomo’s “Safe Act” mad)

Ruger does make a “State Legal” version without the threaded muzzle, all sold out at this point in time.

Thought the flash hinder just had to be pinned?
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

You can put a thread protector on and pin/spot weld it to be legal.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

You can put a thread protector on and pin/spot weld it to be legal.

Great to know, tks cool I was just gonna have the threaded section cut off and the barrel crowned, but as is the barrel is 16.12”, remove the threaded part and it would be under 16”.
Originally Posted by T LEE

T!! 🙂. Great to see you post again! 😎

16.12” on the barrel, they didn’t leave enough barrel to legally remove the threaded part.
Posted By: T LEE Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Pin on a fake supressor then and really freak them out! smile smile
Posted By: ringworm Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Tavor SAR has no collapsible stock or bayo lug and technicality the grip is part of the frame.
When we buy ammo, reloading supplies, magazines, parts, etc with a credit card I really believe it's tracked. Hiding things won't work because the govt. will seize your assets and freeze your bank accounts. The UN will help. That's how I believe it will go.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
, a Mauser 98 with a 20-round "trench" magazine would come in handy.

I've got one of those magazines, I think I bought it from Sarco or somebody like that back in 1999. ! I need to sell it, too.
Keep in mind, if they pass a "new" AWB it won't be the "old" AWB. Attempting to plan around the rules of the old AWB is a plan to fail.

The Marxist have had 26 years to contemplate all the "loop holes" in their old ban and make "improvements" to it.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Keep in mind, if they pass a "new" AWB it won't be the "old" AWB. Attempting to plan around the rules of the old AWB is a plan to fail.

The Marxist have had 26 years to contemplate all the "loop holes" in their old ban and make "improvements" to it.

The banks will report what you spend money on, and if its gun related, no bank account, no school for your kids, no airline tickets, no healthcare, see where I'm going. It won't be anything like 1994.
Originally Posted by Borchardt

The banks will report what you spend money on, and if its gun related, no bank account, no school for your kids, no airline tickets, no healthcare, see where I'm going. It won't be anything like 1994.

It will be a lot more like 1984.
Posted By: Snyper Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by ringworm
I lived through the original AWB. I only owned a 6601 Colt and a Glock 9mm at the time but I remember Magazines going crazy and preban rifles at least doubling, be imports triple or better.
So if they somehow get a ban that looks like the last one, what would be an ideal ban proof gun?

There won't be any.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
M1 Garand
i

Don’t knock the Garand.

25 years ago some of us were invited to shoot on a military range where you stood in a fake fox hole. Targets popped up at random angles from 50 to 350 meters away. They stayed up for 5 seconds and registered if you hit or not.

I got 37 out of 40 and won third. Two guys with ARs tied at 38 and had a shootout. The colonel asked me to shoot too because guys liked to watch me shoot “that old fashioned rifle with the big bullets” (M1 Garand). I did and beat the other two guys.

The M1 only holds 8 rounds. But you don’t have to remove a magazine. The clip pops out and aligning the new loaded one is easier than an AR15.

Besides, a 30-06 hits with a lot more oomph than an AR15.
Posted By: hookeye Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Pump AR.

Lol. Funniest thing I've heard today. smile

That and my $1.49 chocolate bar. smile
(private joke with a lady friend)
A guy cold do a lot worse than a Winchester Model 94 .30-30
Posted By: JB in SC Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
All semi autos and mags will be under the NFA, then they’ll take them.

Next handguns of any type, or micro stamp or smart gun them out of existence. Gun manufacturers will be sued out of business. Nothing will be spared.

Don’t be fooled, they will take then all.
Not in my lifetime.
What he said....^^^
Posted By: AB2506 Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20

If they copy Canada's recent assault weapons ban, all that you listed are toast.

I would go for a Troy AR style pump or one of those AR style bolt actions.

My brother has thousands of rounds of 223 and now they banned his Rob arms. He can't use it, he can't sell it. He may look at exporting for sale to the USA.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
A guy cold do a lot worse than a Winchester Model 94 .30-30

Or 357 or 44.
Posted By: CraigD Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
Winchester lever gun...
Thing about leverguns is you still have to reload them a shot at a time and you don't really have much accurate range.

Just get ready for the point they're illegal. And then, use the money you're not spending any more to support the federalist society or decent politicians while there's still a chance voting will work. Then....well, it's okay to worry about that now.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
In the real world, a Garand, Enfield, Ruger or Steyr Scout or Marlin or Winchester lever action would work just fine. It's the nut behind the bolt that counts.
Posted By: RAS Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
I don’t own any guns. All gone.
I can’t see worrying about a “ban proof gun” whatever it is just go buy it after everything else has been banned. I think down the road there’s a real chance of mandatory registration of assault weapons and or they’ll require all sales from that point forward to be registered. As far as seizing what we already own it’s certainly possible but I doubt that they’ll do it. With even as far left as we’ve gone that would be hard to get past the courts more likely there would be a grandfather clause and some buybacks.

I like old blued and walnut stocked guns but to me right now is the time to have been really stocking up on the stuff that you might not be able to later. Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are always a great buy. They’ll almost certainly get grandfathered and prices will shoot up several fold if banned.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/11/20
I built every type of FAL to be compliant with the 1989 Bush Ban that we still have.
I built AR15s to be compliant with the 1994 crime bill that sunsetted in 2004.
I worked on SKS mods and AK47 mods and stayed legal.

I laughed at the old men at the range shooting bolt actions.

Now I am an old man building rifles with Rem 700 and Win 70 bolt actions.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20
Fahq Them! Never Again! III%
Posted By: horse1 Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20

10/22 will be the most practical should it come to that.
file will fix that. You don't need to cut the barrel just remove the threads. A file, some emery cloth and something to touch up the finish.

Nope, barrel is only 16.12". Cut the threads off and it's an SBR.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20
I'm pretty sure this is where they want us, with black powder taxed at $300 per pound, and only available with a permit...

[Linked Image from by-the-sword.com]
Winchester model 94
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Hacksaw Dremel will fix the threaded end.

Nope, barrel is only 16.12". Cut the threads off and it's an SBR.

Fixed it.
Biden will not win. We will not lose the Senate. President Trump will continue to load the Judiciary with conservative justices. There won't be any national AWB.
Posted By: dassa Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20

Exactly. Most likely they just outlaw guns entirely, knowing it will take years to go through the courts. Meanwhile, the cops will arrest enough people that most will willingly give up whatever they have so as to not lose their lives of comfort. For those who think they'll hold out, there will be a public service announcement that the prisons can't afford to give masks to the prisoners, and that will scare the rest into compliance.
Posted By: vapodog Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20
this might be an option.....00 buck is a terrible thing to do to anything.

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590m-mag-fed/
Posted By: Stophel Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Biden will not win. We will not lose the Senate. President Trump will continue to load the Judiciary with conservative justices. There won't be any national AWB.

While I hope you're right, I have to say, I don't own one single pair of those rose colored glasses.
Originally Posted by dassa

Exactly. Most likely they just outlaw guns entirely, knowing it will take years to go through the courts. Meanwhile, the cops will arrest enough people that most will willingly give up whatever they have so as to not lose their lives of comfort. For those who think they'll hold out, there will be a public service announcement that the prisons can't afford to give masks to the prisoners, and that will scare the rest into compliance.

Statists the world around have used famine as a way to control the masses. At some point, expect that here. People will turn in whatever they have for a bag of rice if they are hungry enough. Think we will fight before that? Think again, we don't fight.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by RAS
I don’t own any guns. All gone.

Correct answer.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: AWB proof"Assault" rifles - 07/12/20
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
When we buy ammo, reloading supplies, magazines, parts, etc with a credit card I really believe it's tracked. Hiding things won't work because the govt. will seize your assets and freeze your bank accounts. The UN will help. That's how I believe it will go.

Don't forget, there's now a coin shortage.

I figure on doing a lot of buying candy or gum at the checkstand to get close to a whole dollar amount when I want to spend cash. Even the Sportsman's Whorehouse has junk up front.
© 24hourcampfire