Home
my wife's friend since high school is a 44 year old mother of 4. She was in good health but caught the CCP virus and is now in the ICU on a vent and struggling for her life. Really worried for her and her family.

Bb
That really sucks. Hope she recovers.
That really sucks. My brother in-law came home the other day with chills, got a fever of 102, went and got tested, felt completely fine when his results came back 3 days later saying he got the ‘Rona. Crazy how the effects vary so widely.
Wife had a 60 year old pt come to the office with symptoms. They sent him to the hospital for a test. He was going down hill so fast they admitted him and he was in the icu before the end of the day. They gave him an antiviral med, not sure which one, and he was released and home in a few days. Such a wide range of effects with this virus. What were the Chinese going for when they engineered it?

Bb
Prayers
Going on a ventilator is the last thing I'd do. I'd take this if it was caught late. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=964&v=eDSDdwN2Xcg&feature=emb_logo

If caught early I'd stay with Hydroxychloroquine and the Z-pac
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Going on a ventilator is the last thing I'd do. I'd take this if it was caught late. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=964&v=eDSDdwN2Xcg&feature=emb_logo

What's actually working in the ICU where I work is dexamethasone and remdesivir. It works very well. We are using it as early as we can, but there's a limited supply.
Early, I'd take high dose Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, and N-acetylcysteine, preferably before symptoms.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife's friend since high school is a 44 year old mother of 4. She was in good health but caught the CCP virus and is now in the ICU on a vent and struggling for her life. Really worried for her and her family.
Sorry for anybody who gets real sick with this pathogen.
Wife had a 60 year old pt come to the office with symptoms. They sent him to the hospital for a test. He was going down hill so fast they admitted him and he was in the icu before the end of the day. They gave him an antiviral med, not sure which one, and he was released and home in a few days. Such a wide range of effects with this virus. What were the Chinese going for when they engineered it?

Bb

Uh, pandemic?

Like, to shut down the world and ruin Trumps economy.

Remember re elections? "Its the economy, stupid".

They are losing their grip on increasing world domination.
I figured they designed it to also weed out the unhealthy and old but it still gets a few of the young and healthy. I read an article in a magazine owned by some members of my church where they interviewed a church member who is a manager at phizer.

He said he things they will have a vaccine ready by November. I couldn't help think of what a coincidence it was that the vaccine won't come out until after the election. Although it could be good if it makes it out a few days before. I think the entrenched lefties at the FDA will try to stall it.

Bb
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...techs-coronavirus-vaccine-ready-for.aspx
Sorry for your wife's friend.
I'll post this with the disclaimer that this magazine is owned by some LDS members but is not owned by the church itself and is not official church information. I know many here either hate or strongly dislike us LDS/Mormons so don't read it if it will likely just annoy you.

Also a warning to the anti mask lot. There are some places where the article recommends masks so don't read it if that will make your head explode.

Mormons and masks in one article. You've been warned.

https://latterdaysaintmag.com/pfizer-head-of-anti-viral-has-good-news-on-covid-19/

Bb
Tag
My younger (28) year old sister had it ( West Palm Beach) a month ago. She beat it in a week and a half. Mild fluish symptoms.
My older (53) year old sister (Myrtle Beach) caught it from her boyfriend (56).
He ran 3 weeks, 102 temp, no Rx. She's coming out of it 3 days with sub 100 temp.
There is a direct correlation between people frequently going to bars and restaurants it seems.
At Myrtle the servers who are sick are still going to work. They are at the bottom of the socioeconomic scale and have been broken by the shutdown. So they are fighting for wages and not able to be out of work.
The shutdown has really impacted the tourist areas. Lots of coastal restaurants lost for good.
We know a whole family that caught the China flu while on vacation in Maine and tested positive. They literally flu to Maine from West Palm Beach and flu back? They feel like they got the flu on the plane or in the terminal on the way to Maine. Two had very mild symptoms and one had to miss a couple of days of work. Sure glad they didn't drive, when they do they always stop by here.
Originally Posted by ringworm
My younger (28) year old sister had it ( West Palm Beach) a month ago. She beat it in a week and a half. Mild fluish symptoms.
He ran 3 weeks, 102 temp, no Rx. She's coming out of it 3 days with sub 100 temp.
There is a direct correlation between people frequently going to bars and restaurants it seems.
At Myrtle the servers who are sick are still going to work. They are at the bottom of the socioeconomic scale and have been broken by the shutdown. So they are fighting for wages and not able to be out of work.
The shutdown has really impacted the tourist areas. Lots of coastal restaurants lost for good.

Years ago our company did not grant any sick leave. Low paid hourly employees came to work when they were sick and shouldn't have. That infected everyone else.
Ok. Some get it and are in a coma for months. Others don't even know they have it.

Does anyone know why there are such different effects?
I'm pretty sure I had it last week, overdid it working at the old house getting it ready to sell and thought it was just overheating, not drinking enough water....a few days later and was laid up shivering in bed just hating life. Wife wanted me to get tested but I was like whats the point? My buddy and his daughter got tested last wednesday and as of yesterday they still haven't gotten results backs. They have had the same symptoms as me. I'm feeling 90% better now.
Prayers form your wife's friend.
What were the Chinese going for when they engineered it?Bb

Most reasonable explanation I have heard is from the man who discovered the AIDS virus. He claims it’s a gain of function virus the Chinese were using working on an AIDS vaccine. The Chinese spliced a section of the AIDS virus to a corona virus.
Originally Posted by ringworm

My niece and several of her friends / co-workers have it. They are in their 20s and work in the service industry on the coast here. None have been hospitalized. Mostly mild flu-like symptoms. They can't return to work until they have a negative test.

Restaurants are shutting down for 2 days at a time for "deep cleaning". It started spreading some after Memorial Day, and has ramped up pretty good since the 4th.
I'll be happy to add to the campfire prayer.

Dear Lord Jesus, please heal our friend's friend, please grant Your healing Powers, and guide the medical staff.
In Your Name we Pray.
Praying for your wife's friend.
Covid-19, Here in S. Texas is rampant, we are way out in the middle of no where, but we have had 8 ranch hands test positive, 3 with bad flu, other 5 with mild flu, we are testing our entire staff every week, we have no choice, you just can't shut a working ranch down. Rio7
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

What's actually working in the ICU where I work is dexamethasone and remdesivir. It works very well. We are using it as early as we can, but there's a limited supply.
Early, I'd take high dose Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, and N-acetylcysteine, preferably before symptoms.
jag sent me that shopping list back in April.

One those items gave me the runs. Fierce-like. shocked

No one said that there was no virus, but opinions vary on whether this a political or public health crisis. It always sucks though, when it’s you or yours that gets sick. Sucks to die of cancer, car wreck or obesity too.
My wife woke me up early this morning to tell me her friend passed away. Really sad time for her husband and her 4 children.

Another friend of mine, his wife, and one of his daughters are fighting it now too down in Arizona. He's in his forties and healthy but said its really rough and worse than anything he's ever had.

I know this is being hyped up for political reasons but its making me more nervous today. My wife had 4 patients with it last week in Idaho Falls. Thats more than all the other weeks together so far.

I had relaxed the last few weeks and been out and about running errands and going to stores but I'm thinking about going back into isolation. I wish my wife wasn't working health care right now. Other than her job it would be pretty easy for us to stay away from people.

Bb
I'll add my prayer.
My wife woke me up early this morning to tell me her friend passed away. Really sad time for her husband and her 4 children.

Another friend of mine, his wife, and one of his daughters are fighting it now too down in Arizona. He's in his forties and healthy but said its really rough and worse than anything he's ever had.

I know this is being hyped up for political reasons but its making me more nervous today. My wife had 4 patients with it last week in Idaho Falls. Thats more than all the other weeks together so far.

I had relaxed the last few weeks and been out and about running errands and going to stores but I'm thinking about going back into isolation. I wish my wife wasn't working health care right now. Other than her job it would be pretty easy for us to stay away from people.

Bb

That's rough Burleyboy. Sorry to hear that.
Originally Posted by slumlord

jag sent me that shopping list back in April.

One those items gave me the runs. Fierce-like. shocked

Nah, prolly that chow mein down at the China Buffet....

Bb

Sorry to hear.
If the RONA is what I had at the very end of December I agree with your friend in Arizona.
I got over it in about 1 month, wife[smokes] took 2 full months and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia, no one had heard of it in December/January though.
I can tell that I have somewhat diminished lung capacity since.
[b][/b]
Everyone should have a notice signed giving another family member control as an alternate care giver, who may be able to search for a dr who would treat early with Hydroxychloroquine, zithromax and zinc sulfate and possibly pulmicort.
my wife's friend since high school is a 44 year old mother of 4. She was in good health but caught the CCP virus and is now in the ICU on a vent and struggling for her life. Really worried for her and her family.

Bb

That sucks. Prayer sent.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll be happy to add to the campfire prayer.

Dear Lord Jesus, please heal our friend's friend, please grant Your healing Powers, and guide the medical staff.
In Your Name we Pray.

Amen!
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Ok. Some get it and are in a coma for months. Others don't even know they have it.

Does anyone know why there are such different effects?

Everyone's immune system is different, different strengths and weaknesses. Depends how the virus attacks you, your overall health, what's your body have a tendency to get (colds, sniffles, allergies etc. )

Basically impossible to guess, if I could I would say if both my wife and I get it, she's screwed. Whenever we both get the same thing, she gets it longer, harder and wipes her out more than me.

Not surprised. Stupid is as stupid does.
Lots of variation in what people consider good health too. Lots of people don't see being 40-50 lbs overweight to be a big deal, and for some things it may not be, but in this case it appears to make a significant difference.
Went to my doctor today. Great fella... but he was busting my azz for not wearing a mask... and taking care of my mom etc.

Anyway I was chatting "what if" about the fenofibrate study and cholesterol lowering drugs that remove the fatty cells from around your lung vessels reducing the purchase ability of a virus such as SARS or Corona.

He knew of this study and thought it was not a bad idea at all... we also talked about a variety of other things.

However, with great enthusiasm he recommended red Marine algae 500mg tablets. I asked him for basic details.

Long story short a large fishing Village somewhere in Japan had zero outbreaks of SARS a few years back. The medical folks found it to be so extremely odd that no one in this Village attracted the SARS virus. Did a bunch of tests and a bunch of research and found out that this red Marine algae was a phenomenal cholesterol-lowering drug... and with lower cholesterol and fatty tissue around your lungs a virus has much less potential to seat itself and multiply.

Bottom line, he is a medical doctor what about 40 employees in the practice. He has access to any drug he could possibly want and recommended that I go on Amazon and spend $28 on red Marine algae 500 mg tablets. His recommendation was highly enthusiastic. That is all I know.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Went to my doctor today. Great fella... but he was busting my azz for not wearing a mask... and taking care of my mom etc.

Anyway I was chatting "what if" about the fenofibrate study and cholesterol lowering drugs that remove the fatty cells from around your lung vessels reducing the purchase ability of a virus such as SARS or Corona.

He knew of this study and thought it was not a bad idea at all... we also talked about a variety of other things.

However, with great enthusiasm he recommended red Marine algae 500mg tablets. I asked him for basic details.

Long story short a large fishing Village somewhere in Japan had zero outbreaks of SARS a few years back. The medical folks found it to be so extremely odd that no one in this Village attracted the SARS virus. Did a bunch of tests and a bunch of research and found out that this red Marine algae was a phenomenal cholesterol-lowering drug... and with lower cholesterol and fatty tissue around your lungs a virus has much less potential to seat itself and multiply.

Bottom line, he is a medical doctor what about 40 employees in the practice. He has access to any drug he could possibly want and recommended that I go on Amazon and spend $28 on red Marine algae 500 mg tablets. His recommendation was highly enthusiastic. That is all I know.

Don't know and don't care if you agree, but my cholesterol is high as a kite anyway and I'm not much on statins so I ordered a couple of bottles just fughing because.
People die all the time especially those who have per existing health conditions, are old or both. I still think the China virus is nothing more than the common flu, but it's being driven by the MSM. When the China virus first started in the US it was infecting and killing blacks at higher rates than whites. Now since BLM is rolling you hear nothing on the MSM about the blacks being more susceptible to the virus than the whites. Hopefully the Hibachi grill in Dublin will still be open Friday for dine in meals. We're fixing to party my dad turns 93 on the 24th.
“Good health” seems open to interpretation

May the late Mother and Wife RIP
Wife's BIL in MT had a mild fever for 2 days a couple weeks ago. Last week his test came back positive. Wife's sister's came back negative. Couple dozen floaters all have to be tested tho.

He runs a rafting business, and it's his busiest year ever due to the Kung Flu, but that's going to get a crimp in it.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
People die all the time especially those who have per existing health conditions, are old or both. I still think the China virus is nothing more than the common flu, but it's being driven by the MSM. When the China virus first started in the US it was infecting and killing blacks at higher rates than whites. Now since BLM is rolling you hear nothing on the MSM about the blacks being more susceptible to the virus than the whites. Hopefully the Hibachi grill in Dublin will still be open Friday for dine in meals. We're fixing to party my dad turns 93 on the 24th.

CV19 is a real virus, but it is inaccurately misrepresented and deliberately overblown by MSM and other power Brokers...

If I had to make a guess... I would say it's 95% false and 5% true what the media and politicians are reporting.

Anyone that does not see it is a massive power grab based on a minimal opportunist moment... should put down the bong and start paying attention.

Don't know and don't care if you agree, but my cholesterol is high as a kite anyway and I'm not much on statins so I ordered a couple of bottles just fughing because.

Do you not tolerate statins? Sounds like you need a new doctor.
Originally Posted by Paddler

Do you not tolerate statins? Sounds like you need a new doctor.

Quick question, do you wear goggles to prevent dust getting in your eyes when the cat buries you in the litter box?
Aint lookin good at work.
Another positive, more quarantined.
My direct area, day shift
I feel like [bleep] all the time at work because it's hot and wearing a mask sucks. But i wear it.
Because most of the people in the factory are stupid and filthy ( democrats ).
Originally Posted by hookeye
I feel like [bleep] all the time at work because it's hot and wearing a mask sucks. But i wear it.
Because most of the people in the factory are stupid and filthy ( democrats ).

Do you realize that there are a ton of OSHA regulations regarding a mask and respirators?. There needs to be a formal plan with mandated rest breaks. There may be regulations to cover a completely different type of mass with positive pressure ventilation... in other words not some filthyass maxi pad mask.

In all honesty you should take it up with your safety people and make a genuine point of it. Put it in writing have your signature notarized and give them a Xerox copy of what you put in writing. That'll scare the snot out of them to start taking this BS overreach seriously.

There are true risks to not wearing safety gear properly.

It is my sincere belief that we're going to get into toxic shock syndrome type illnesses in very short order across the country.
CV19 is a real virus, but it is inaccurately misrepresented and deliberately overblown by MSM and other power Brokers...

...a massive power grab based on a minimal opportunist moment...
”The American people are at a serious disadvantage with such a polarized and biased media. It's criminal. Information should empower not enslave.” - DocRocket

https://apple.news/AkV5H-hn6TJGxXonxMWNBiw
girl I know died from it yesterday 50 yrs old. took her out quick less than a week from when she found out she had it.
It’s happened just like that to a buncha people. Statistically insignificant...unless you or a loved one are one of em’.
Thought all you guys thought it was fake news after taking your marching orders from orange Jesus. Guess not.
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Thought all you guys thought it was fake news after taking your marching orders from orange Jesus. Guess not.

never thought it was fake, just that the shutdown and stuff was way over the top.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

never thought it was fake, just that the shutdown and stuff was way over the top.

Yep.
Prayers for her. I hope she gets better. Several people I know have gotten it, hardly sick for a couple of days.
86 year old aunt tested positive.

Slight cough, for about a week.

Most difficult part of it, was the stress of thinkin she was gonna drop dead.

All the logic in the world, wasn't gonna overcome what "the man on TV" had said.

Mormons and masks in one article. You've been warned.

Bb

Wow, that'll get some running around with hair on fire. laugh
If they would post the statistics of the folks that died it is my belief that most are overweight or obese.

The second statistic would be cholesterol problems...

High cholesterol leads to extra fat in the respiratory tract. This gives coronavirus or any virus for that matter advantage to grab ahold and multiply readily.

Of course this is 24-hour campfire and everybody will attack those statements because that's just what 24 hour campfire does. Doesn't really matter if you believe it or not. I've done some research that's what I believe and I suspect that's what they'll be telling us about a month from now.

Coronavirus is real. 95% of the hype is pure crap... 5% of it is believable. You sorted out... God gave you a brain.

People please stay safe and may all the sick feel better soon.
A few months ago, very few here had a personal story. Now, many of us do.

Prayers to those personally impacted.

Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I still think the China virus is nothing more than the common flu, but it's being driven by the MSM.

It's not even real - a total fabrication - just like cancer.
Originally Posted by duck911

You said impacted .gross

Bob
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Yep.

Liberals are too stupid to grasp common sense.

Happy Trails

Bob
To those of you still saying it’s just the flu - how many people do you know personally that have died of the flu this year? And how many of COVID? Get your head out of your ass...

A disease so deadly you have to take a test and wait a few days to see if you actually have it.
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
To those of you still saying it’s just the flu - how many people do you know personally that have died of the flu this year? And how many of COVID? Get your head out of your ass...

I don't know anyone that has died from either in the past year. I do know one that has died in an automobile accident and one from suicide after going totally bust during the shutdown.

This Texas doctor uses a nebulizer with steroids to cut down on the pulmonary inflammation. He also uses Zinc and Clarithromycin, a relative of Azithromycin. Not sure why he uses that one instead of the Z-Pac...

It seems to be inflamation that does the damage and ultimately Cytokine storm takes'em out, which is an inflammatory "feeding frenzy" of sorts. Best way I could explain it. By then it's too often down hill as all organs are affected.

So, it sorta makes sense to attack pulmonary inflammation with steroids early on. He said an inhaler won't get down deep enough, the nebulizer a is better delivery mechanism..

And, I'd also be taking Hydroxychloroquin, just cause.

This guy has a paper coming out, but it won't be published for 6 mo. He's given a copy to Ted Curz who passed it on to Pres. Trump.

Check it out, let us know what you think...

https://www.cbs7.com/2020/06/19/west-texas-doctor-claims-to-have-silver-bullet-for-covid-19/

DF

I know 25+ who have had covid and know of no one in my circle or anyone else's circle who has died of it. Most have had zero or no symptoms.

I do know of 2 who died of influenza in January. I'm sure there were more, but once covid got stateside, influenza was cured and miraculously, no one had flu anymore?

Please wake up.
Originally Posted by RemModel8

I don't know anyone that has died from either in the past year. I do know one that has died in an automobile accident and one from suicide after going totally bust during the shutdown.

Not surprising given how much time you spend behind the keyboard.

Great point... in the past four months I've also had two hang nails and an ingrown hair.

I think it's important for all of us to share our stories

Maybe we could start a support group called

Coronavirus Anonymous

We really are all in this together aren't we?
Its hammering my area at work.
Mild to bad flu like symptoms, so far.
Hoping I dont get it or any other bug.

Kid has cardiologist visit scheduled.
Dont want to move that out

Felt like chit last night
Woke up headache, congested....and a hive on wrist
Weedwhacked before rain/ work.......fugged me up

Great point... in the past four months I've also had two hang nails and an ingrown hair.

Coronavirus Anonymous

I am sure the folks here that have had an impact personally appreciate your classy post.

But, 100% predictable.

With any luck you'll get ass cancer and just when you think you have that beat the COVID will get ya! Keep taking your Midol

With any luck you'll get ass cancer and just when you think you have that beat the COVID will get ya! Keep taking your Midol

Good one. You really showed me.

Coronavirus Anonymous

I am sure the folks here that have had an impact personally appreciate your classy post.

But, 100% predictable.

All you Covtards have had left, for months, is appeals to sympathy.

You're so lame you hafta put "somebody somebody knows" into the debate, to try and avoid a serious analysis of the situation.

The fact of an alleged familial or friendship relationship to someone that allegedly has the bolognavirus doesn't turn an anecdote into data.

Coronavirus Anonymous

But, 100% predictable.

Are condolences equal for those that have lost children in car accident? What about people that have died of a heart attack? Or cancer? Or liver disease? What about the thousands of other things that claimed lives... are they insignificant compared to the high temperature sore throat and nasal congestion of those suffering with Coronavirus?

STOP OVERBLOWING THIS CRAP.

It is very blase for anybody over 22 years of age to claim membership to the victimhood generation.
Are condolences equal for those that have lost children in car accident? What about people that have died of a heart attack? Or cancer? Or liver disease? What about the thousands of other things that claimed lives... are they insignificant compared to the high temperature sore throat and nasal congestion of those suffering with Coronavirus?

STOP OVERBLOWING THIS CRAP.

Covid Deaths Matter.

Are condolences equal for those that have lost children in car accident? What about people that have died of a heart attack? Or cancer? Or liver disease?

Yes. I and my wife generally send condolences and prayers from Colorado for anyone here with a loss.

I think I have posted 1 or 2 tonight, in fact, while you have been a prick.

Are condolences equal for those that have lost children in car accident? What about people that have died of a heart attack? Or cancer? Or liver disease?

Yes. I and my wife generally send condolences and prayers from Colorado for anyone here with a loss.

That's awesome, if you were in England I'm sure the queen would Knight you.

Are those condolences heartfelt or do you use a form letter?
My wife and I
Not
I and my wife

I think your responses tonight show your true color, as per usual, so have fun replying to yourself here going forward.

I think your responses tonight show your true color, as per usual, so have fun replying to yourself here going forward.

Sleep well... please be mindful that you can overdose on Geritol.
I wouldn't necessarily define virtue signaling as actually caring and being a good person.

Sleep well... please be mindful that you can overdose on Geritol.

Over a million people die every week from something.

There are 214 things more likely to kill you than Coronavirus.

If you don't believe me Google World o meter

Death by overdose of Geritol it's number 1,274
If there are any Dr's on here, what are your thoughts about immunosuppressants like humira and covid? I'm on a double dose of Humira and I've been reluctant to take it the last few months. However, I keep hearing that much of the damage from covid is from an immunoresponse or cytokine storm.

Would it possibly make sense that being on an immunosuppressant like Humira might be helpful if you catch covid? Could it possibly lessen the severity of an immunoresponse to covid and lesson the damage?

Bb
If there are any Dr's on here, what are your thoughts about immunosuppressants like humira and covid? I'm on a double dose of Humira and I've been reluctant to take it the last few months. However, I keep hearing that much of the damage from covid is from an immunoresponse or cytokine storm.

Would it possibly make sense that being on an immunosuppressant like Humira might be helpful if you catch covid? Could it possibly lessen the severity of an immunoresponse to covid and lesson the damage?

Bb

I have a PhD in Literature and I can state un unequivocally that April is the cruelest month.

Bb

I have a PhD in Literature and I can state un unequivocally that April is the cruelest month.

No PhD, but using immunosuppresants to quell cytokine storm is currently being studied. It is an interesting hypothesis.

On the other hand, some contend immunosuppressed patients are at greater risk to contact Covid.

Lots of questions, answers slowing coming to the surface.

DF
I'm sorry about the loss, Burleyboy. I had a friend die from it, too.
© 24hourcampfire