Home
One dead:

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200725/1-shot-to-death-during-downtown-austin-protest

At least one person was killed in downtown Austin on Saturday night in the midst of a protest, and medics are searching for additional victims, according to Austin-Travis County EMS.

The shooting happened around 9:50 p.m. at Fourth Street and Congress Avenue, and the public should avoid the area, EMS officials said. Callers reported that multiple people were injured, EMS officials said.

Medics said they were performing CPR on the individual. Police later posted on Twitter that they were treating the incident as a homicide.

The person who was shot was taken to the hospital, EMS officials said.

A protester, who filmed the scene via Facebook Live, said someone charged into the crowd and shot some of the protesters.

According to the protester’s video hours into the Black Lives Matter march, car honking could be heard before at least five gunshots were unleashed. Several screaming protesters immediately took cover.

Austin police officials said they will update the public in the near future.
Imagine that.....crazy people pushing the limits usually doesn't end well.
So BLM and ANTIFA terrorsits are pulling innocent families from cars and beating them up. And the families fight back

Sounds like justice to me
Does stand your ground law apply here? In my first reaction, albeit without all the facts, I'm inclined to think it does.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/l...269-9cd396c1-169c-45be-9529-c1e4662f838e

AUSTIN, Texas — One person is dead and a suspect has been detained after a shooting at a Black Lives Matter protest in Downtown Austin on Saturday night.

The incident happened around 9:52 p.m. near East Sixth Street and Congress Avenue, according to Austin-Travis County EMS. One victim was taken to a local trauma center with critical, life-threatening injuries, ATCEMS said.

Police later said the incident was a homicide.

In an update early Sunday morning, police said initial reports indicate the victim, an adult man, was carrying a rifle when he approached the suspect's vehicle. The suspect then shot out of their car at the victim, police said.

The suspect was detained and is cooperating with officers.

The victim was taken to Dell Seton Medical Center where he later died.

In a video posted to social media taken by journalist Hiram Gilberto, multiple gunshots could be heard at what appeared to be the same intersection where the incident happened.

ATCEMS said there were initial reports of multiple victims, but no other victims have been located.

The Austin Police Department is on the scene near Congress Avenue and Fourth Street. The Austin Fire Department also responded to the scene.

Police said there is no longer a threat to the public.

"Police said there is no longer a threat to the public."

LOL
United they stand.........and they still fell
Them protesters sure do scream a lot.
Even if there was a legit protest, there are too many crazies out there............too risky to participate, or even watch.
Just stay the fugg away from such a mess.

When you have BS protests............naw, things like this aint gonna happen. GMAFB

They did one in Indy and gang retaliation happened.
Dead.

All it takes is one stray bullet and Johny Sideline is toast

Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Them protesters sure do scream a lot when scared.

Proly dudes screamed worse than the non dudes
“Fuque the police!”

“Black lives matter!”

“Defund the police!”

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

“Oh sheit! Where are the police?!!”
Originally Posted by savage24
“Fuque the police!”

“Black lives matter!”

“Defund the police!”

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

And only the folks on the right notice this?
Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
If I was going to arm up and play toy revolutionary man I would be dang careful approaching a vehicle of which I didnt know the occupants. I might shoot the azz if he or she was black ,white or pink. Person in the vehicle has no idea what the intentions are of the armed protestors so must assume the worse case.
Accidental Discharge?
I support the 2A but I wonder how many of these armed protestors have felony convictions that would make it illegal for them to possess a firearm.
If I am understanding these situations in Louisville there was a protester that shot someone and it was an accidental discharge. In Austin someone who probably was not part of the protest shot someone and it is being treated as a homicide. I know we don't have all the facts but this doesn't surprise me with the climate of politicians these days. Also they are different jurisdictions.
We will probably never know the truth of what happened in this incident.

There may be charges filed where no charges are warranted.. Much like the couple that defended their property in the violent riot in MO.

Tis Austin, you know. crazy
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Them protesters sure do scream a lot when scared.

Proly dudes screamed worse than the non dudes

I have no use for screamers of either gender, how they act in a crisis shows you how soft a lot of these protesters really are.

It ain’t like I’m a hardcase but I do try not to be a screamer.
Sounds like the protester may have shouldered and pointed his AK47 at the driver before he was shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/hy0hoe/one_person_killed_in_shooting_during_protest_in/

https://streamable.com/0ihiot

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
i was sleepin'.I didn't see any protesters. I didn't get shot.
They got Regis !
Summer of Love comes to Austin.
So who got shot? White/ black ? Approaching a vehicle with an AK shouldered looking like they are gonna shoot? Gee I wonder why? Must be something in city water that turns people into morons.
Don't sound like a homicide to me sounds like self defenc. MB
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
We will probably never know the truth of what happened in this incident.

There may be charges filed where no charges are warranted.. Much like the couple that defended their property in the violent riot in MO.

Tis Austin, you know. crazy

To be fair, with the number of shots fired and only one killed we know who did the shootin'. wink

These folks are gonna have to learn as well if you go looking for a gunfight you're probably going to find one.
"people who hate us are too big of pussies to do anything about it"

Ha! Famous last words of a moron.
Whoever had the rifle fired five shots first and then there are three pistol shots.

My bet is that a protestor fires his five shots (sounded like an AK), hit nothing, and then the guy in the car returned fire (three shots) with his 9 mm pistol and killed the guy with the AK.
No loss here. The gene pool is a little more pure.
They had better get ready for more of the same. People are sick of their schitt...
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I thought the same thing watching that interview.

That stupid bastard got exactly what he was begging for.
I’m still trying to figure out how he didn’t hit anything at three feet with five shots from that AK.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
So who got shot? White/ black ? Approaching a vehicle with an AK shouldered looking like they are gonna shoot? Gee I wonder why? Must be something in city water that turns people into morons.
Don't sound like a homicide to me sounds like self defenc. MB
It is always a homicide if one person kills another.
Barry,

LOL! I miss the Austin of the the old days. Well ok 1970’s. Like when the New Jersey syndicate sends a couple hit men down to take care of ol’ Frank Smith for ripping ‘em off with chopped Cadillac parts from his chop shop out in Del Valle. ( His big caddy parts house was out on N IH 35 just north of Rundberg Ln. ). And the Travis co sheriff (Raymond Franks) just happen to show up out at the junkyard to help him shoot it out with afore mentioned hitmen. LOL! Yeah the sheriff shows up!

But he campaigned and "the Sheriff who shoots straight”! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ol’ Frank died in Prison. I think they finally nailed him on Rico charges. So his old lady took over the family business. Ran it quite welll too!

Oh well I digress.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’m still trying to figure out how he didn’t hit anything at three feet with five shots from that AK.

Oh! I bet he hit the car. 😁
Originally Posted by ringworm
Accidental Discharge?

I hoping this is what most of there fathers are saying about the conception of these idiots...

Gun sales through the roof. Ammo shelves bare. It's the quiet ones you overlook that will turn mama bear on your ass.
Given the delay on the three return fire pistol shots, I’d almost guarantee you that the guy in the car didn’t even start to go for his pistol until after the dude with the AK started shooting.
Welcome to Texas--
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Welcome to Texas--

Yessir.

Texas Justice. Don’t point a firearm at me because,,,,

Still much to learn about this.
It is unlikely that the shooter was in any real danger. Approaching armed already paranoid people with a gun is extremely bad idea.
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Imagine that.....crazy people pushing the limits usually doesn't end well.

Oh but our city is different....
No one will be violent at our protest (riot)..

As six busses arrive full of released convicts...
Originally Posted by JoeBob

No one explained that in the video game the computer targets your shots.
The shooter will he/she was in fear of their lives and the other person being armed will be used as an excuse to use deadly force, therefore, having a gun doesn't necessarily make one safer.
They were a little late in issuing the "avoid the area" warning.

Did a bleck boi go down?
Originally Posted by ingwe
They had better get ready for more of the same. People are sick of their schitt...

I hope you're right about that.
Originally Posted by Slavek
The shooter will he/she was in fear of their lives and the other person being armed will be used as an excuse to use deadly force, therefore, having a gun doesn't necessarily make one safer.

A good commie analysis of gun control
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I hope you're right about that.

ME TOO , they want a fight maybe its time to take America back ? if i was driving thru a area and protesters stop me and started breaking windows pointing guns or knives at me, i have
only thing to say : i have enjoyed reading all the replies and posts on 24 hr. campfire thank you.
I’m surprised more of this hadn’t happened. A lot of people armed for reasons just like this. Seems like a group of people surrounded a car. Did not work out to well for one. Hope the others learned a lesson. Hasbeen
Couple of northerners stopped at our deer camp on Sulphur Creek by the logging road in East Texas piney woods after dark when I was a big kid to ask about where they might camp to hunt.

After a bit one asked Dad if he wasnt concerned about wearing camo in the woods as someone might take a "sound" shot in his direction if they heard him moving around.

Dad said they would learn bullets can fly more than one direction. They got real quiet and left.
And Texas .GOV is more worried about enforcing masks and tanking the fk'n economy over a virus than keeping the streets clean of ignorant ghetto fk's. No surprise Austin is home to .GOV and the most liberal fk'n sh ! hole in Texas.

I thought the same thing watching that interview.

That stupid bastard got exactly what he was begging for.

That last interview is gonna go down in history. I doubt the MSM will play it. I am curious to find out who the idiot was.
Originally Posted by RDW
And Texas .GOV is more worried about enforcing masks and tanking the fk'n economy over a virus than keeping the streets clean of ignorant ghetto fk's. No surprise Austin is home to .GOV and the most liberal fk'n sh ! hole in Texas.

Truth!

Grabbott needs to go. But we need a true conservative to replace him.

Whenever he's faced with an issue, he sticks his finger in his mouth, then tests the air to see which direction the political winds are blowing from before he takes sides.

Fug that. A true conservative doesn't care which direction the winds blow. They do what is right.
Originally Posted by RDW

Truth!

Grabbott needs to go. But we need a true conservative to replace him.

Whenever he's faced with an issue, he sticks his finger in his mouth, then tests the air to see which direction the political winds are blowing from before he takes sides.

Fug that. A true conservative doesn't care which direction the winds blow. They do what is right.

Yep, I supported him based on the 2A position but not now, he is single handily killing the economy.
WTF? Looks to me likes all white snowflakes at a BLM protest. It's over...
Don't worry about anything. Biden will probably win by good margin and things will soon go back to normal. I see problems only if Trump wins or if he looses by small margin and refuses to leave office. Biden will heal the country and the BLM, Antifa,....issue will go away.
Don't worry about anything. Biden will probably win by good margin and things will soon go back to normal. I see problems only if Trump wins or if he looses by small margin and refuses to leave office. Biden will heal the country and the BLM, Antifa,....issue will go away.

You're a true idiot if you actually believe that.

I hope your post is sarcasm!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287370721396695042

Garrett Foster, a BLM supporter who was shot and killed tonight in Austin, TX, was interviewed with his AK47.

The victim's mother stated that he and his girl friend have been taking part in the nightly protests.

If its the dude with the AK-47 in the interview, I wonder if his girl friend made it home safely....
Originally Posted by RDW

I remember when the .Gov agencies were bastions of conservatism. Especially Dept of Public Safety, Hightway Dept. Adjutant Generals office, Mental Health-Mental retardation for examples. All HQ-ed in Austin. The alphabet agencies either hadn’t been created or were in their infancy. All these agencies were run by a particular commission, WITH THE COMMISSIONERS GENERALLY BEING APPOINTED BY CONSERVATIVE GOVERNORS.

The entire Austin ethos can be summed up in one statement;

The University of Texas!

That school has immense power.

It is the real catalyst behind the entire liberal movement. From it sprang the essence of the local high tech industries due to it’s nearby research facilities. IBM was really the first to move here in 1967. Right next door to what was then the Univ. of Texas Balcones Research facility. Then Tracor, Texas Instruments, etc etc. What incurred then was a massive influx of liberal minded outsiders that solidified the liberal base. And it continues to grow.

It was the mass voter registration campaigns beginning with the college students in the early 70’s that led to the election of the first all marxist mayor and city council (see Mayor Jeff Friedman). The registration campaign was pushed hard in the black and hispanic communities on the eastside of the Interstate. Another example of conservative voter apathy as many stayed at home and didn’t bother going to the polls. As A high school student, I watched this dumpster fire unfold. There were a few future (and corrupt) conservative mayors voted in later, but the city council basically remained marxist.

Yeah! Very Neville Chamberlain-ish of him!
He died doing what he loved....being an idiot.

You're stupid enough to wish that. Your normal is the downward spiral that got us where we are.

Keep thinking the Bolshevicks will preserve your country if you wish.
The Travis County DA will charge the shooter in the car with First Degree Murder. Book him Danno.

Even if he avoids conviction, they will bankrupt him and if the DA can't bankrupt him, the civil suits will.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
The Travis County DA will charge the shooter in the car with First Degree Murder. Book him Danno.

Even if he avoids conviction, they will bankrupt him and if the DA can't bankrupt him, the civil suits will.

Part 1 depends on the police report.

Part 2 is certain, I believe.

But he isn't dead!
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Our Brave New World!

If Ronnie Earle was still the DA you could bet your boots this would definitely be the case!

I hope he enjoys his hand rolled turds in Hell he’s toking!

Just now got off the phone with my brother, who owns a law firm in Austin.

He said the current DA there is a pretty tough gal, and probably won't charge the guy. But he said the one that will be elected in November is a pure Soros commie. And he would try and fry the guy.

My brother's best friend there is the head of the Austin Police Assn. and a long time veteran cop there in Austin. He told my brother the APD has their hands completely tied by politicians as far these riots/protests.

He said they are not allowed to do a damn thing about them, even when violence happens.

Guess they had a great example of that last night.
Originally Posted by BayouRover
The victim's mother stated that he and his girl friend have been taking part in the nightly protests.

If its the dude with the AK-47 in the interview, I wonder if his girl friend made it home safely....

She made it to the Austin PD "early Sunday morning" to protest.

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...ntown-austin-protest-idrsquoed-by-mother

Shortly after the shooting, a shaken protester told the Facebook Live cameraman that the man shot had been a regular at such protests and that his fiance is in a wheelchair.

By early Sunday morning, about 50 protesters had returned to Austin Police Department headquarters, where protesters had convened hours earlier. A visibly grieving woman, who is believed to be the victim’s fiance, joined protesters. Protesters surrounded her to give her their condolences while chanting Garrett Foster’s name.
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by BayouRover

She made it to the Austin PD "early Sunday morning" to protest.

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...ntown-austin-protest-idrsquoed-by-mother

Shortly after the shooting, a shaken protester told the Facebook Live cameraman that the man shot had been a regular at such protests and that his fiance is in a wheelchair.

By early Sunday morning, about 50 protesters had returned to Austin Police Department headquarters, where protesters had convened hours earlier. A visibly grieving woman, who is believed to be the victim’s fiance, joined protesters. Protesters surrounded her to give her their condolences while chanting Garrett Foster’s name.

For some reason I'm not surprised.

Just now got off the phone with my brother, who owns a law firm in Austin.

He said the current DA there is a pretty tough gal, and probably won't charge the guy. But he said the one that will be elected in November is a pure Soros commie. And he would try and fry the guy.

My brother's best friend there is the head of the Austin Police Assn. and a long time veteran cop there in Austin. He told my brother the APD has their hands completely tied by politicians as far these riots/protests.

He said they are not allowed to do a damn thing about them, even when violence happens.

Guess they had a great example of that last night.

Rbb, reckon the governor will intervene with the national guard there in Austin ?

Having a gun and being stupid doesn't make one safer.
Originally Posted by savage24
“Fuque the police!”

“Black lives matter!”

“Defund the police!”

BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

😂😂😂😂
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I support the 2A but I wonder how many of these armed protestors have felony convictions that would make it illegal for them to possess a firearm.

What part of " Shall not be infringed" do you not get?

Shall not be infringed don't count for felons, at least in my book. Those that abuse the law, should pay a price.
If I take my rifle and go looking for trouble I should not be surprised if trouble finds me.

Shall not be infringed don't count for felons, at least in my book. Those that abuse the law, should pay a price.

Yep.
Originally Posted by RDW

But he isn't dead!

How is this relevant in the discussion! We are not talking facts here!

Let me know how that logic works when Biden makes ownership of black rifles and hihcaps a felony..
5 rounds from AK into the car followed by 3 handgun rounds from the car

Originally Posted by Clarkm

The cops KNOW what happened. Or they should, by now anyway.

They have the AK47.

They have any shell casings at the scene.

They have the car... Bullet holes, or otherwise.

They have the driver's pistol.

They have photographic evidence, and eye witness evidence.

They have the corpse.

The only question is: Will they tell the truth? Or will they tell the story the Mayor directs them to tell?
I don’t trust anybody to tell the truth.

Let me know how that logic works when Biden makes ownership of black rifles and hihcaps a felony..

We're talking about the current.

So, you support convicted felons' legal possession of firearms? Doesn't sound very law and orderly. Please own up to saying something stupid or otherwise expound upon your pro-felon gun owning position.
I'm as pro second amendment as the next guy. But like I've said before, that doesn't mean I want Charles Manson running around with a belt fed.

If somebody's brains have been turned to schitt, (and there's a lot of 'em out there) I don't want them armed.

fuggit.

Thank you!
Originally Posted by slowmover12
No loss here. The gene pool is a little more pure.

Bullets: The chlorine of the gene pool.
If you can't trust a man with gun, you can't trust him with a sharp stick.

Or voting....
Originally Posted by HawkI

Or voting....

Or a UPS package....
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

So, you support convicted felons' legal possession of firearms? Doesn't sound very law and orderly. Please own up to saying something stupid or otherwise expound upon your pro-felon gun owning position.

Like my old buddy used to say, God rest his soul...............

We all have a right to keep and bear arms.......................Not everyone should though.
Car owner: you pointed your gun at me!

Protester: I did? Shoot man

Driver: okay, bang

Writing a bad check across state lines is a felony.
Vandalizing a stop sign is a felony.
I don't support there disenfranchising of citizens.
When someone has paid a debt, I consider it paid.

As far as what's current only applying to your position, that seems a bit short sighted.
I think the one thing that makes humans different than lesser being is the ability to see Future situations.

I suppose you and I will disagree.
You want to judge fundamental rights as privilege.
You want to make declarative positions based in nothing more than what's current.
You don't agree with fundamentals like considering time served as truly served.
How long do we punish someone?
Till death?
How is that congruent with the concept of JUSTICE?

Now, continue your argument by swinging as far too the ends as you can with some anecdotal story or hyperbolic situation about bank robbers and child molester.

As far as what's current only applying to your position, that seems a bit short sighted.
I think the one thing that makes humans different than lesser being is the ability to see Future situations.

You want to make declarative positions based in nothing more than what's current.
Till death?

Now, continue your argument by swinging as far too the ends as you can with some anecdotal story or hyperbolic situation about bank robbers and child molester.

Whatever dude, you read a lot into it, aka making chit up... Someone said convicted felons ought not have firearms, you disagreed. Great. You think all convicted felons out on the street have paid their dues? F'ing eh, that is stupid +P.
Originally Posted by Heym06

I hope your post is sarcasm!

No, that commie piece of shit actually thinks that.

Till death?

Whatever dude, you read a lot into it, aka making chit up... Someone said convicted felons ought not have firearms, you disagreed. Great. You think all convicted felons out on the street have paid their dues? F'ing eh, that is stupid +P.

No, I do not think ALL convicted felons have paid their dues...
So let's punish everyone?
Your issue is really with the criminal justice system because they are letting people out of prison who haven't paid their debt in full.
I agree with that.
However, I don't agree with life long punishment.
Specifically, what am I making up?
I didn't read anything into anything.
I think that IF someone commits a crime and is judged by their peers, found guilty of a felony and released from prison they should not be disenfranchised.

Agreed Barry, and he makes the Slavic people look bad
spewing his nonsense.
© 24hourcampfire