Home
Posted By: steve4102 Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
.... Employees From Wearing ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter’ or MAGA Slogans, But Says Black Lives Matter is Allowed

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...slogans-says-black-lives-matter-allowed/
Posted By: Goosey Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Sensible!

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I guess that's all you need to know about Goodyear.

Originally Posted by Goosey
Sensible!

That's a really faaggy cartoon Goosey.........Oh yeah never mind.
Posted By: TwoTrax Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Saw this this morning. So I am banning Goodyear products from anything I own!
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
The left scored a big win with there “protected classes” anyone ever notice how all of the protected classes basically protect lefties pet groups? If a right leaning business much less a mega corporation the size of Goodyear implemented a similar ban on blm slogan garbage not only would the left not put up with it and be outside of Goodyear headquarters right now “peacefully protesting” but they would also be likely using the courts to sue the fug out of them for discrimination of a protected class.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Appalling. An example of how the left has twisted traditional concepts such as fairness and equality into inequality in the name of "justice". Our forefathers wouldn't recognize America today. 1984 and Animal Farm are fiction become reality.

Paul
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
What's wrong with these corporations? Don't they know that BLM is communists who want to abolish our society? It says so in no uncertain words on the BLM web site.
Posted By: Terryk Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Ter bans.... Goodyear.
I am very good about buying what is good for my country, and goodyear is on the sh1t list now, and forever.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
#get_woke
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Looks like a Gilletter like blunder for Goodyear.

Looks like a ghay post for goosey.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Sensible!

The problem is, the fire in the African American Communities "house" was started by the African American Community. Not white America. Therein lies the problem. Your cartoon should show white america trying to put out a match flame in the corner, while the black community sits in the living room watching t.v. while the rest of the house goes up in flames.
Less than 5% white on black homicide rate. 90% black on black homicide rate. If you want to be taken seriously, tackle the real problems in your community first, solve those. Systematic racism is a lie started by white liberal elites to control the large portion of society who refuses to take responsibility for their own well being. Like goosey.\

Claiming oppression is the cause of your poverty, crime, joblessness, basically, your failure at assimilating into a civilized free society, while every other group seperated by nationality, race, religion, etc.. doesn't suffer from the same fate, is admitting your own personal failure and obviously your own inferiority as collective group.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I would not put free Goodyears on any vehicle I owned.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sensible!

The problem is, the fire in the African American Communities "house" was started by the African American Community. Not white America. Therein lies the problem. Your cartoon should show white america trying to put out a match flame in the corner, while the black community sits in the living room watching t.v. while the rest of the house goes up in flames.
Less than 5% white on black homicide rate. 90% black on black homicide rate. If you want to be taken seriously, tackle the real problems in your community first, solve those. Systematic racism is a lie started by white liberal elites to control the large portion of society who refuses to take responsibility for their own well being. Like goosey.\

Claiming oppression is the cause of your poverty, crime, joblessness, basically, your failure at assimilating into a civilized free society, while every other group seperated by nationality, race, religion, etc.. doesn't suffer from the same fate, is admitting your own personal failure and obviously your own inferiority as collective group.

Pretty much thought exactly the same thing.

If 95% of all fires are "black" fires... why wouldn't black people want their fires put out just like white fires?

Doesn't make any sense otherwise...
Posted By: Redneck Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by steve4102
.... Employees From Wearing ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter’ or MAGA Slogans, But Says Black Lives Matter is Allowed

Saw that on the news this am......talk about tone deaf.. The morons..
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I dont remember ever owning a set of goodyears ? probably for a good reason
Like Cumela Harris prosecuted 90% black criminals but somehow she is the voice of criminal injustice.

Just plain stupid stuff...

-------------

Like Old_Kook and Grizz pretending to be different people.

WHY?

Or Paddler claiming he has the same rights as a non-parasitic entity...

The logic just get lost.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Or Paddler claiming he has the same rights as a non-parasitic entity...

My apologies...

He, she, it or whatever...
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
WOW! Glad I saw this as I need a new set of tires for my 2017 F250 and Goodyear was on my short list. I guess my list just got one shorter!

Thanks for posting!

Elk Country
Posted By: deflave Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Who in the fugk still buys GOODYEAR?
Posted By: RNF Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I just sent them a message on their website stating all Goodyear tires are Banned from my vehicles from now on.
Posted By: vapodog Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by TwoTrax
Saw this this morning. So I am banning Goodyear products from anything I own!
add me to this sentiment
Posted By: Raeford Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by deflave

NASCAR
Makes more sense now, aye?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Kind of fun to screw with them this morning-

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They're getting blown up on their Facebook page.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Someone fill the blimp with hydrogen...

Nothing left for it to hover over...
Cept the DNC convention.
Oh wait.....
Posted By: hatari Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Sensible!

Funny how Goosey's posts slowed down when Ginther came back. Where HAS JeffObama been? Who knows? Maybe Gus knows? wink
Posted By: Dixie_Rebel Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
BOYCOTT Goodyear!!!

This is disgusting!
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
LOL

Read this on Wikipedia this morning.

The company was named after American Charles Goodyear, inventor of vulcanized rubber. The first Goodyear tires became popular because they were easily detachable and required little maintenance.[citation needed]

Goodyear is also known for supporting blm and discriminating against cops and Trump supporters. Though Goodyear had been manufacturing airships and balloons since the early 1900s, the first Goodyear advertising blimp flew in 1925.

How long be fore that gets removed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodyear_Tire_and_Rubber_Company
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by elkcountry
WOW! Glad I saw this as I need a new set of tires for my 2017 F250 and Goodyear was on my short list. I guess my list just got one shorter!

Thanks for posting!

Elk Country

My old 2013 work truck came with Hankook tires'they were still on it at 77k when I retired. My personal F-150 had Goodyears on it from new, ride smooth, no flats , NO traction, about to the safety wear bars at 55k. Next ones will not be Goodyears period. MB
Posted By: johnw Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I bought my first set of goodyears in probably 40 years last year. Great tires.. But there are others...
Posted By: jdunham Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Their tires never impressed me. They are right up there with Nike in my book now. Dead to me as company.
Posted By: kingfisher Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Boy I dodged a bullet. I just took the factory Goodyear off my truck and wanted to replace them with matching tires. My friend suggested avoiding GY. He is a manager of a discount tire. Said GY has had quality problems. I went with Continental, just found out last night one tire is bad and needs to be replaced.He ordered a replacement and should be ready to go. Otherwise very happy with my decision based on my driving habits.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
They also own Dunlop and Kelly Springfield.

So now we're left with Japanese, French, and Italians, I suppose.

Gee, I hope they don't need to call the cops or firefighters.
Goodyear sells a lot of OEM tires especially to Ford. I hope their profits plunge since Hertz filed bankruptcy who buys a chitt ton of Ford products.

Buy Michelin
Posted By: add Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Goodyear sells a lot of OEM tires especially to Ford.

:: This space reserved for Walt501 ::
Posted By: boatammo Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
First thing I do when I buy a new pickup is take the POS goodyears off and get a real tire.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by RNF
I just sent them a message on their website stating all Goodyear tires are Banned from my vehicles from now on.

Good deal.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20

“ If you don’t buy Goodyear, you ain’t black! “

Joe Biden - maybe
Posted By: Pashooter Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Thanks for the timely post. My truck is getting new tires this week dam sure wont be Goodyears
'
Originally Posted by Pappy348
They also own Dunlop and Kelly Springfield.

So now we're left with Japanese, French, and Italians, I suppose.

Gee, I hope they don't need to call the cops or firefighters.

I picked up a set of hundred thousand mile Nokian passenger car tires a few years ago. It's quite possible they will exceed 100,000 miles. Very impressive tires.
Posted By: tzone Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I banned Goodyear about 15 years ago. Their tires are pure schit. But Fu ck em anyway.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by tzone
I banned Goodyear about 15 years ago. Their tires are pure schit. But Fu ck em anyway.

^^^This^^^
I had a fair bit of good luck with Goodyear tires 20 or so years ago. But the last two sets I've bought in the last 8 years or so... have been rather pathetic.

They wear out very quickly it seems and I've had a tremendously disproportionate amount of bulges or other defects.

Even without their moronic political skullduggery I had already planned to never buy a Goodyear, Springfield or Dunlop product again.
Posted By: tzone Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
LOL

Read this on Wikipedia this morning.

The company was named after American Charles Goodyear, inventor of vulcanized rubber. The first Goodyear tires became popular because they were easily detachable and required little maintenance.[citation needed]

Goodyear is also known for supporting blm and discriminating against cops and Trump supporters. Though Goodyear had been manufacturing airships and balloons since the early 1900s, the first Goodyear advertising blimp flew in 1925.

How long be fore that gets removed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodyear_Tire_and_Rubber_Company

LMAO. Needed little maintenance. Clearly whoever wrote that never owned a Goodyear tire.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
What's wrongwith these cororations? Don't they know that BLM is communists who want to abolish our society? It says so in no uncertain words on the BLM web site.

Plus those fuggers don’t buy tires. They steal them.
Posted By: wyomike Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
This is outrageous. I just got on their website and sent them a email, telling them I will never again buy Goodyear tires.
Also tried called their corporate headquarters ( 330-796-2121) to voice my concerns, but the line was busy. I hope everyone reading this will email and/or call them and let them know how you feel. If we flood their email and phone lines, then follow up by boycotting their tires maybe we can get OUR message across.
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I bet their production of 22 and 24 inch tires goes up dramatically, since thats the audience they’re catering to
Posted By: OldHat Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by RNF

This is exactly what we need to do. Companies need to know their politics matter.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Traitors.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
How can this policy legally stand?

One political slogan is OK, but others are not?

Worth a court challenge.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by AB2506
Worth a court challenge.

On what grounds would you challenge it? What law does it violate?
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...r-discriminates-trump-supporters-police/

Trump weighs in.
Two Can Play the Game’ – President Trump Calls For a Boycott of Goodyear Tires After They Announce Ban on MAGA Hats

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...t-goodyear-tires-announce-ban-maga-hats/
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.
Two Can Play the Game’ – President Trump Calls For a Boycott of Goodyear Tires After They Announce Ban on MAGA Hats

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...t-goodyear-tires-announce-ban-maga-hats/

Awesome!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I would not do well in today's corporate world.
1st Ammendment.

That isn’t going to work.
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

How many times does it need to be said here that the Constitution, in this case the 1st Amendment, doesn't apply to private citizens or businesses? Only limits infringement on individual rights by government.

Doesn't in any way make Goodyear's actions less outrageous, just not illegal.

Paul
Posted By: mathman Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

The 1st Amendment is a protection against governmental censorship.
Posted By: windridge Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Call your local Goodyear stores and ask the owner when he became a Communist. I just did and heard "ohhh, not another one" before he hung up.
Posted By: mathman Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I bet, possibly depending on location, individual store owners may not be on board with corporate on this.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
At least one of the Big 3 automakers has sent out a letter about social media.
Says even if personal, can be fired for harassing/offensive material.

I know one of them had company observed moment of silence for George Floyd.
Talk about offensive.

But hey, they're based in Detroit. Proly just trying to not get what's left torched.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I just e-mailed the company that I am done with them and that I'll encourage every person I know to boycott their products.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
A company telling you what to say, on your own page/site, on your own time.............is BS.

Now............would a civil liberties lawyer help somebody in such?

Think they're (the companies) just trying to wet things down before Trump gets re-elected.
Aint gonna matter, they're gonna burn chit no matter what.

Posted By: Barkoff Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/company/contact-goodyear
Posted By: windridge Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I just e-mailed the company that I am done with them and that I'll encourage every person I know to boycott their products.

Give the local dealers hell. If enough catch hell corporate will listen to them.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires are the best.

Apparently Goodyear is not so good.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I just put 4 Goodyear tires on my travel trailer, mainly because they were made in the USA.
I won't be buying anymore from them unless they back off this stupidity.
For the truck I have always preferred Goodrich.
Posted By: RDW Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I bought Goodyear Dura Tracs for my 2500HD and like them, also one of the few tires available in 295/65/18 and will need a set in a year or so.

It won't be Goodyear due to their support for BLM, ANTIFA and those groups support of the murder of innocent children.
Posted By: Huntr Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
My Tacoma needs new tires, and I can assure you I won't be buying Goodyear!
Posted By: Cinch Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires are the best.

Apparently Goodyear is not so good.

They are absolutely the best and I’ve been running them for many years... Might have to go back to the Toyo M55s...
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Fug those commie a holes' just did the contact thing and told them so. MB
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
NASCAR should ban any Goodyear products.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
On my 4th set of Nittos on my trucks. I think they’re a much better tire than Goodyear if you’re in the market.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Racism only goes in one direction. Funny how that works, isn’t it ?
Posted By: efw Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I have a 12 months same as cash card I used to put tires on my wife’s mini van earlier this year. I sent them a note today and let them know I’ll be paying it off and closing it and never purchasing a Goodyear or affiliated product nor working with an affiliated service center again.

They’re free to make such restrictions upon their employees as a private business I don’t dispute that, but as a consumer I’m also feee to never give them a cent of my money again.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

You still support NADSCAR?
Originally Posted by Paul39
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

How many times does it need to be said here that the Constitution, in this case the 1st Amendment, doesn't apply to private citizens or businesses? Only limits infringement on individual rights by government.

Paul

Winner - Winner

It’s a shame that so many have no idea what the Constitution and the BOR says and what it means.
Posted By: bcp Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Goodyear says:

"...the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class. "

https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-U...r-customers-partners-and-associates.html

Bruce
Originally Posted by hookeye
A company telling you what to say, on your own page/site, on your own time.............is BS.

Now............would a civil liberties lawyer help somebody in such?

Think they're (the companies) just trying to wet things down before Trump gets re-elected.
Aint gonna matter, they're gonna burn chit no matter what.
No.
Civil Liberty is another term for Constitutional Rights.

This is not a BOR issue as the government or is agent are not involved.

If anything, it would fall under a Civil Rights Laws (which I doubt) not Civil Liberties.

Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
After he posted that they came out with a new policy.

Claiming they don't allow and of this stuff.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by bcp
Goodyear says:

"...the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class. "

Bruce

Good enough for me.
Posted By: Cretch Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by RNF

Just did the same. Also went to their website and it asked if I wanted to complete a survey telling about my experience at their site. Said sure, then ripped them in comments.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I don't GAF. Goodyear tires suck. They are schitt tires. If they want to burn their business to the ground, fine by me.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
We didnt show that powerpoint, we dont know anything about it...
These aren’t the droids youre looking for

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by slumlord
We didnt show that powerpoint, we dont know anything about it...
These aren’t the droids youre looking for

Good enough for me.
Posted By: elkcountry Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Email sent to Goodyear!

Most likely fall on deaf ears, but I feel better!

Elk Country
From Goodyear's denial that the slide is theirs:

"To enable a work environment free of those, we ask that associates refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues."

So "racial" and "sexual deviancy" fall inside their OK issues.

In other words, the slide is completely accurate and their denying it is B.S.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Aren't coopers still made in America?
Originally Posted by bcp
Goodyear says:

Bruce

Clever. By including "forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues" they are saying that BLM, etc., are not political and are, therefore, acceptable. All one has to do is look at the BLM platform to see that it is clearly political. Saying it isn't doesn't negate the fact.

Left wing spin and corporate BS weasel wording.

Paul
They are almost certainly weaseling on the origin of the slide. Most likely hired a contractor to create the program, so the wording of their statement is literally true but doesn’t mean they weren’t in on it.

I can’t imagine some area manager in a tire plant going that far out on a limb, but who knows.
Doesn’t everyone at those places wear those blue dickies aerospace coveralls anyway?

Ya know, like every old guy that mows grass or repairs vacuum cleaners.
Posted By: Cretch Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
They are almost certainly weaseling on the origin of the slide. Most likely hired a contractor to create the program, so the wording of their statement is literally true but doesn’t mean they weren’t in on it.

I can’t imagine some area manager in a tire plant going that far out on a limb, but who knows.

Even if it was an area manager, they are still responsible. If they don't condone or support the slide, then they need to do some house cleaning. In the mean time, they need to feel the full financial hit they deserve.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20

Mostly those that like to buy junk.
Posted By: okie Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Doesn’t everyone at those places wear those blue dickies aerospace coveralls anyway?

Ya know, like every old guy that mows grass or repairs vacuum cleaners.

No they don't. Maintenance wears a blue uniform that is heavy cotton shirt and denim pants that are flash rated but no uniforms for anyone else.

This is pretty much a deal breaker for me I just applied for another job......
So people really show up with a key west homo tshirt for the production line?

Originally Posted by Cretch

Even if it was an area manager, they are still responsible. If they don't condone or support the slide, then they need to do some house cleaning. In the mean time, they need to feel the full financial hit they deserve.

Area managers don't do anything unless corporate sanctions it.
So people really show up with a key west homo tshirt for the production line?

And sometimes short shorts....
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by plainsman456
After he posted that they came out with a new policy.

Claiming they don't allow and of this stuff.

Sure they do. They even say so in the statement... https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-U...r-customers-partners-and-associates.html

First, the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate, nor was it part of a diversity training class. To be clear on our longstanding corporate policy, Goodyear has zero tolerance for any forms of harassment or discrimination. To enable a work environment free of those, we ask that associates refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.

In other words, you can't have a MAGA cap, but can adorn yourself in all the BLM & LGBTQ stuff you want. tired

Tired of that double standard.
Clever. By including "forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues" they are saying that BLM, etc., are not political and are, therefore, acceptable. All one has to do is look at the BLM platform to see that it is clearly political. Saying it isn't doesn't negate the fact.

Left wing spin and corporate BS weasel wording.

Paul

You took the words right out of my mouth. I will add that because of the weasel wording I believe that they're lying about it not being part of their "Diversity" training bull schit.

The backlash startled them and now they're trying to backpedal.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Butt they are longtime sponsors of Nascar grin
Posted By: deflave Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

Paul

Winner - Winner

It’s a shame that so many have no idea what the Constitution and the BOR says and what it means.

Try telling that to the folks that wouldn’t make a f a g cake.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20

.......Then I hope that Goodyear loses its ass. Complete and total HYPOCRISY and appeasement.
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

.......Then I hope that Goodyear loses its ass. Complete and total HYPOCRISY and appeasement.

I'll guarandamntee you they donated at least 6 figures to BLM as well.
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

Paul

Winner - Winner

That was a civil right case, not a first amendment case.

Civil rights are “laws” passed by Congress, as in discrimination laws.
Civil liberties are Constitutional rights as in the Bill of Rights and pertain only to Government actions.
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

Paul

Winner - Winner

The post I responded to mentioned the First Amendment specifically. There are other laws that may be the basis for a legal claim. I haven't researched the cake case. Might have to do with offering services to the public, possibly a state statute
Worth a court challenge.

1st Ammendment.

Paul

Winner - Winner

That wouldn't be a 1st Amendment case. But the Supreme Court ruled that they had the right to their religious freedom under the 1st Amendment, and tossed the case.

Protection against discrimination falls more directly under the 14th and 5th amendments.
For example, the Second Amendment doesn't prevent a business from prohibiting firearms on its property.

However, a state can take care of that by passing a law that allows firearms in an employee's car in the company parking lot, and not allowing an employer to prohibit it.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Walmart and Sams Club have publicly and financially supported BLM yet members here cant wait to buy their chit on “sale”bwahaha
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
What would they do if you wore a :
"Black Tires Matter"
Shirt?
Posted By: TwoEyedJack Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Cooper tires are made in the USA. I got a great deal on a new set for my F250 a few months back.

https://us.coopertire.com/about-us/why-cooper
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
What would they do if you wore a :
"Black Tires Matter"
Shirt?

Whitewalls, you racist pos!
There are loads of tires made in the USA. Goodyear and Cooper are the only ones that started in the US, remained headquartered in the US, and have US plants.

But several other have plants here. Michelin is French and does, the Japs own Bridgestone and Firestone and make them here, Hangook the Korean company has plants here, Continental is the Krauts, etc etc.
There are lots of good tires out there. Let your buddies who buy Goodyear know who and what they support.
Michelin bought Goodrich but the tires are still U.S. made also.
Someone should also let Goodyear know that donations to BLM are connected directly to ActBlue, which is a political action committee for the DNC. BLM is specifically political.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I hope your Coopers have better traction than mine do on my F150....they spin on dry pavement as well as wet.
Originally Posted by fgold767
I hope your Coopers have better traction than mine do on my F150....they spin on dry pavement as well as wet.

Slicks belong at the track.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Someone should also let Goodyear know that donations to BLM are connected directly to ActBlue, which is a political action committee for the DNC. BLM is specifically political.

I’m sure they are perfectly fine with that.
As is most corporate America.
Posted By: mauserator Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
so what about goodyear welted boots? a lot of made in the USA brands like thorogood, timberland and others use goodyear welted soles, gonna make it hard to buy decent boots, I really like thorogood boots so I’ll be sending them a message to make them aware of my concerns, hopefully if enough people give feedback to the companies that buy from badyear, the companies will in turn voice their concerns to badyear, or even better find alternative suppliers.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
getting ready to get a set of tires for the wifes car, they Dam well Wont be Goodyears! Screw Em!
Does Goodyear still actually make the boots or soles or is that the name of the design? The Goodyear welt has been around forever.
Trump slammed Goodyear.............MAGA
Posted By: mauserator Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I always assumed they were made by them, otherwise I can’t imagine them being allowed to use the name, be glad if I’m wrong, that way I can continue to buy my boots.
Ha, and you said Trumps getting nothing done.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/trump-goodyear-boycott-diversity-training
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Is there a "Calvin pizzing on the Goodyear logo" meme yet? There ought to be!
Goodyear welted footwear has effectively nothing to do with the Goodyear SJW corporation. It is a design for attaching an upper to a sole, invented by a guy named Goodyear.
Kinda hard for me to boycott what I don't buy anyway.

BUT... I know for a fact that Goodyear is a defense contractor.

I know for a fact also that they have a govt contract for many other agencies as well. Like the US Border Patrol. Reckon those boys go through some tires out there in the border country?

I bet Uncle Sam will be reviewing some purchase orders and contracts now... grin
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I can't recall ever buying a set of Goodyears. And I sure as hell ain't gonna start now.
Posted By: vapodog Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I have a set of Wranglers on my truck.....it'll be the last time!
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I purchased new vehicles that came with Goodyears ,but do not recall buying a set otherwise . I wont lose sleep over continuing the trend
Posted By: ERK Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
I’ve bought plenty over the years with pretty good service out of them. Not always but farming I drove 75 percent gravel so if I got 35000 miles out of a set I was happy. Edk
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Words aren't actions. But I wouldn't expect a Boomer to understand the difference.

Words aren't actions. But I wouldn't expect a Boomer to understand the difference.

Let me know when you want me to film you kicking some deep state ass. wink

I guess you have heard words dont hurt. Well, on occasion words have ruined some companies.

You know what Corona beer sells for now? grin
Posted By: dodgefan Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Kinda hard for me to boycott what I don't buy anyway.

BUT... I know for a fact that Goodyear is a defense contractor.

I know for a fact also that they have a govt contract for many other agencies as well. Like the US Border Patrol. Reckon those boys go through some tires out there in the border country?

I bet Uncle Sam will be reviewing some purchase orders and contracts now... grin

Goodyear pitched a fit because SF ODA's were putting TSL Super Swampers on their HMMWV's and not long after that orders come down to take any Super Swampers off and get rid of them.

I remember seeing stacks of brand new 37 x 12.5 Super Swampers that we couldn't use. I sure would of rather had the Swampers when I was driving around over there.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Is there a "Calvin pizzing on the Goodyear logo" meme yet? There ought to be!

Good Idea

Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/19/20
Real easy for me to boycott their garbage tires . They closed the plant in Union City Tn and laid off 1900 workers .
Posted By: KFWA Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
you know some affirmative action hire in HR came up with those slides and didn't run it by the senior management.

I see that schit happen all the time where I work. One told us last year we were to exclusively hire students from Emory and Howard university.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20

Not true, President Trump gets an enormous amount of schit done, mostly by himself without the help of his own party.

I have said that his DOJ and his FBI are getting nothing done, unless of course you consider successfully obstructing congress and the truth “something”.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by RDW

Good for him.

Care to guess what brand of super tires the Beast runs on?

I don't like getting stuck, flat tires, slipping around on icy or snow packed roads, paying big bucks for tires, suffering fast wear, or getting stuck (said it twice).

Goodyear Duratacs are simply in a class by themselves for a hard use western tire.

Fact.

Goodyear backtracked enough for me.

You all who don't really need a superlative tire are free to keep expressing your outrage. laugh
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I'm on my 3rd set of Wrangler Kevlars, best tires that I have ever used. When I replace these in 15k miles it won't be w Goodyears. I wonder what is US made and next best?

mike r
Posted By: slumlord Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
City fleet used to buy hella goodyear tars for the cop cars and trooper cruisers.

They pull em of after 20,000 miles or something like that.

All the used tires places would flip em for a $100 a set. Eagle GT Plus 4s

Put many sets on my hoopties.

No idea what they roll now.
Posted By: iddave Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by RDW

Good for him.

I don't like getting stuck, flat tires, slipping around on icy or snow packed roads, paying big bucks for tires, suffering fast wear, or getting stuck (said it twice).

Goodyear Duratacs are simply in a class by themselves for a hard use western tire.

Fact.

You all who don't really need a superlative tire are free to keep expressing your outrage. laugh

With all due respect my man, you’re wrong about the Duratrac being in a class by themselves. They are decent tires for sure and my guys run them on several of our trucks,...but don’t kid yourself that they are magic. We run plenty of other tires that perform as well or better.

I liked them fine, but they can suck a progressive fat one as we can use an alternative as good or better that doesn’t play into this bullchit pandering.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by RDW

You still support NADSCAR?

Never watch it actually. Just figured Goodyear would lose a lot of money.
That would be great if every police department in the country banned Goodyear's on all their vehicles.
Originally Posted by iddave
Good for him.

Fact.

With all due respect my man, you’re wrong about the Duratrac being in a class by themselves. They are decent tires for sure and my guys run them on several of our trucks,...but don’t kid yourself that they are magic. We run plenty of other tires that perform as well or better.

I liked them fine, but they can suck a progressive fat one as we can use an alternative as good or better that doesn’t play into this bullchit pandering.

Well then why didn't you post the "plenty of other tires that perform as well or better".

I am all ears because end of September I will be replacing tires and if there is something better I want it..

All ball busting and joking aside if you have a real world alternative too the Duratrac be specific.

Be sure and post the political statements of those tire manufactures.

Thanks grin
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Butt they are longtime sponsors of Nascar grin

Goodyear-------butt----there's a relationship there. Their tires are chitt.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
That would be great if every police department in the country banned Goodyear's on all their vehicles.

Defund the Goodyear sheeple?

Or is this another Papa John's?
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I have found the BF Goodrich AT/KOs to be every bit as good as the Goodyear AT tires I have run both a Jeep Wrangler and 3/4 ton pickups. The Goodyear tires were of a softer rubber compound and got torn up easier in rocky trails.
This guy seems happy with them:

Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by RDW

Good for him.

Fact.

Well there's some folks that will suck a willie for a dollar.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by RDW

Good for him.

Fact.

Well there's some folks that will suck a willie for a dollar.

Is Steelhead only charging a dollar these days?
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
Cooper tires are made in the USA. I got a great deal on a new set for my F250 a few months back.

And Cooper owns, produces and markets Mastercraft. Just got their AXT2. USA made. 55k warranty. And good traction fgold767. I love em!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Have a long history with Cooper. Set on the p’up has 65k miles and a good bit of tread remaining.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20

Well some people don't require much character as they don't possess much character themselves. laugh
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by philgood80
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack

And Cooper owns, produces and markets Mastercraft. Just got their AXT2. USA made. 55k warranty. And good traction fgold767. I love em!

Mastercrafts are purty good
I've had good luck with the Mickey Thompson's.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Well then why didn't you post the "plenty of other tires that perform as well or better"

I have had a few sets of Continental MPT-81s on my camper, and dig how they perform. Tread life isn't good, but nothing sticky does well with that.

Diese Reifen sind aus Deutschland, and as far as I know they've not been caught trying to ban MAGA hats and had to squirm their way out of it.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Well some people don't require much character as they don't possess much character themselves. laugh

I do require superlative tires.

I don't want to play cancel culture like the lefties practice.

But you feel free to get all outraged like the left does.

To be fair, if you don't need much from tires it's kewl to express your outrage but me and President Trump are still riding on Goodyear.

What's the odds the Beast won't be sportin Goodyears in 6 months? laugh
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Have a long history with Cooper. Set on the p’up has 65k miles and a good bit of tread remaining.

Ridin' dirty on a set of Cooper ST Maxx.

Second set of 'em on this pickup and will probably replace with same when the current need replaced.

Rotate every other year.

Keep 50-60lbs of air in em.

Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I love a good tar thread. Almost as good as a truck thread.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Talk is cheap.

How much money will they give to Police Charities?
Posted By: DaveR Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Have run Goodyear MTR's (great tire), and Goodyear Duratracs (Duracraps). Latest purchase was Cooper ST Maxx. Will continue running those as long as they keep making them. No need or desire to go back to Goodyear. The Duracraps soured me....even thought the MTR's were a damn fine tire for an MT. But couldn't be happier with the Coopers. Tough tire that wears well, good to moderate traction in all conditions, and noise is not terrible.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
My last set of coppers had a sidewall blowout on a Nascar gravel turn road. I was pulling a 14 foot trailer and it got sketchy. Cooper wouldn't make it right. I won't buy another tire of theirs.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
My next set will probably be Michelins anyway
Originally Posted by DaveR
Have run Goodyear MTR's (great tire), and Goodyear Duratracs (Duracraps). Latest purchase was Cooper ST Maxx. Will continue running those as long as they keep making them. No need or desire to go back to Goodyear. The Duracraps soured me....even thought the MTR's were a damn fine tire for an MT. But couldn't be happier with the Coopers. Tough tire that wears well, good to moderate traction in all conditions, and noise is not terrible.

I have burned through a couple of sets of Cooper.

Sad traction and even less tread life.

Pro Tip. Don't try this with Coopers. grin

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Great pic, John.
Good for him.

Fact.

Well then why didn't you post the "plenty of other tires that perform as well or better".

I am all ears because end of September I will be replacing tires and if there is something better I want it..

All ball busting and joking aside if you have a real world alternative too the Duratrac be specific.

Be sure and post the political statements of those tire manufactures.

Thanks grin

John,

Cooper ST MAXXs, Cooper STT Pros, and Yokohama Geolander MTs.

I’m running the Geolanders now, and with 20k miles on them I’m prepared to declare them my favorite tires ever. I know you hunt more than a little bit my friend, but you don’t have the market cornered on hunting big, nasty country I assure you.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Great pic, John.

A bit of a fun day.

John,

I’m running the Geolanders now, and with 20k miles on them I’m prepared to declare them my favorite tires ever. I know you hunt more than a little bit my friend, but you don’t have the market cornered on hunting big, nasty country I assure you.

Just having some fun here and those Geolanders look good. cool

I am a bit tired of the Cancel Culture and if Goodyear wants to back off their BS I am inclined to let them do so.
Great pic, John.

A bit of a fun day.

John,

I am a bit tired of the Cancel Culture and if Goodyear wants to back off their BS I am inclined to let them do so.

I hear you. It’s probably not a hill I’d die on either. Check the Yokohama’s out though. I think you’d be impressed.

Dave
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
BFGoodrich 10 ply All-Terrain TA/ KO’s here...Hope they don’t start following the dindu’s like GY

😎
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by mauserator
so what about goodyear welted boots? a lot of made in the USA brands like thorogood, timberland and others use goodyear welted soles, gonna make it hard to buy decent boots, I really like thorogood boots so I’ll be sending them a message to make them aware of my concerns, hopefully if enough people give feedback to the companies that buy from badyear, the companies will in turn voice their concerns to badyear, or even better find alternative suppliers.

My dog has a new chewy toy. My boots with Goodyear welted soles.

😎
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Goodyear tumbles 6% after Trump tweets to boycott the company over MAGA hat ban

https://www.businessinsider.com/goo...rump-tweets-boycott-maga-ban-tire-2020-8

]

To be fair, if you don't need much from tires it's kewl to express your outrage but me and President Trump are still riding on Goodyear.

That's the answer I expected, keep it up John boy.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Goya needs to open up a tire and rubber company.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
My dog has a new chewy toy. My boots with Goodyear welted soles.

Thanks for helping you are a true patriot.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Goodyear tumbles 6% after Trump tweets to boycott the company over MAGA hat ban

https://www.businessinsider.com/goo...rump-tweets-boycott-maga-ban-tire-2020-8

Good!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20

]

That's the answer I expected, keep it up John boy.

This goes much, much deeper than all that.

Companies have been pushing the radical left's agenda for some time now, while tossing aside any conservative views on anything.

What we saw with Trump's calling out of Goodyear yesterday is called Pushing Back!

Pushing Back is a good thing!

Just as practicing Free Speech can have consequences for individuals, Pushing Back insures that there are consequences for corporations that pander to Leftist terrorism, or willfully work to promote it.

PUSH BACK! Now, before it's too late.

We need to roar, not whisper.
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Great pic, John.

A bit of a fun day.

John,

I hear you. It’s probably not a hill I’d die on either. Check the Yokohama’s out though. I think you’d be impressed.

Dave

Im running the same Yoko’s and love them.
I am a bit tired of the Cancel Culture

Refusing to aid people who are actively working against your interests, and recruiting others to do the same, is not participating in cancel culture.
Posted By: 1flier Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Self cleaning tread would be a plus. I hate it when the tires get ANTIFA and BLM gumbo bound.
All you guys talking about the merits of Goodyear tires vs. other brands are like Jews in Germany in 1938 discussing whether to vote for Goebbels or Himmler.

Until Goodyear explains whether--and why--they did what apparently they did, and explains whether or not they allow BLM stuff and prohibit American stuff, anyone who buys a Goodyear tire is simply not a decent American.

Their mealy mouthed nuanced "explanation" simply does not do that so far.

There is a time to stand.

I wrote GY yesterday and it'll be interesting to see if I get a reply back.
All you guys talking about the merits of Goodyear tires vs. other brands are like Jews in Germany in 1938 discussing whether to vote for Goebbels or Himmler.

Until Goodyear explains whether--and why--they did what apparently they did, and explains whether or not they allow BLM stuff and prohibit American stuff, anyone who buys a Goodyear tire is simply not a decent American.

It really is that simple.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I guess that I'm ahead of my time. I just replaced the tires on my truck with Continetal's "Contact Force HT" I knew that Goodyear tires are junk from experience. Every set of Goodyear tires that I've owned ended in failure.
Posted By: ppfd Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio home town of goodyear.

The city has turned into a little chicago last decade or so. Last week an 8 year old black child was shot and killed by her own kind.

goodyears response to that?................................................

The cities response - ban the guns.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by MM879
I guess that I'm ahead of my time. I just replaced the tires on my truck with Continetal's "Contact Force HT" I knew that Goodyear tires are junk from experience. Every set of Goodyear tires that I've owned ended in failure.

Same here. And when they were still "new", as in less than 5k miles. It took me a few times to learn.
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I just bought 4 tires for my wife's car today- - - - - -NOT Goodyear!

Same here. And when they were still "new", as in less than 5k miles. It took me a few times to learn.

Yea, putting German tires on our trucks is our cross to bear. My RAM handles like a laser on a roller skate. These might be my forever tires.
Posted By: humdinger Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I take it many people have never worked in big manufacturing or corporate settings where you have to pick your battles.

It really boils down to...

Keep the political crap out, but you need to be open on diversity and non-racist policy so you tolerate the BLM stuff because you have to avoid that land mine.

They have to keep the plant staffed and its probably a high amount of black people too.

I would make everyone wear a company uniform and hats and remove the choice.

Good Year just got sick of the political [bleep] and made policy.

Trump is pissed about his MAGA hats and forgets that the policy bars Biden hats.
Originally Posted by humdinger
I take it many people have never worked in big manufacturing or corporate settings where you have to pick your battles.

Keep the political crap out, but you need to be open on diversity and non-racist policy so you tolerate the BLM stuff because you have to avoid that land mine.

They have to keep the plant staffed and its probably a high amount of black people too.

Trump is pissed about his MAGA hats and forgets that the policy bars Biden hats.

5 guess that you have never had your diversity training scores brought up during a compensation review? Repeat after me.....cancelled.

5 guess that you have never had your diversity training scores brought up during a compensation review? Repeat after me.....cancelled.

No I haven't. We just take the training and learn to avoid & deal with it.

I'm sure its hard to get workers at a tire plant and you don't need have of them pissed off at the other half so just cut the politics and work.

Just shut up and work.
[quote=MM879]

I'm sure its hard to get workers at a tire plant and you don't need have of them pissed off at the other half so just cut the politics and work.

Just shut up and work.

Where the fuuck are you, Asia? In America, it ain't that simple, and hasn't been for a long time.
So everyone gets to shut up and work except for the BLM and LGBTQ crowd.
Got it.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Their president released a statement today.

They support cops. Employees can wear pro Blue clothes.

No political apparel (that’s pretty common and goes both ways).

Didn’t touch the BLM or LGBT accepted apparel. Just more mush mouth backtracking that they don’t support hate.
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I send them an email. I doubt they care.

I was running Goodyears on my pickup, but then they quit making the size tire I needed, and I went to Yoko Geolanders, which worked extremely well on a trip where the snow got deep and pretty slick. I never spun a tire on the whole trip, but I sure don't know why. I couldn't have done that on the Goodyears I was running before, though.

I sure like those Geolanders,.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Their president released a statement today.

They support cops. Employees can wear pro Blue clothes.

No political apparel (that’s pretty common and goes both ways).

Didn’t touch the BLM or LGBT accepted apparel. Just more mush mouth backtracking that they don’t support hate.

The thing is, that besides BLM being a Marxist political group, even the name of the organization is about the most racist thing there is...

By saying Black Lives Mater, you are excluding all others into the "don't matter" groups, and are exclusively including only blacks based on their skin color.

If that's not racist, nothing is. mad
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Got it.[/quot

[quote=humdinger][quote=MM879]

Just shut up and work.

Where the fuuck are you, Asia? In America, it ain't that simple, and hasn't been for a long time.

World wide companies.

Keep politics out, but race policies give them a pass. Accept it.

World wide companies.

So you are saying they will tolerate anything concerning race?

How about a White Lives Matter T shirt?

Reckon you'd be allowed to wear that? whistle
Got it.[/quot

Just shut up and work.

World wide companies.

No, I don't. Go fuuck yourself.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
[quote=NVhntr] World wide companies.Keep politics out, but race policies give them a pass. Accept it.

No pass given, Unacceptable. Work much harder at doing the right thing rather than taking the supposedly easy way out.

World wide companies.

So you are saying they will tolerate anything concerning race?

How about a White Lives Matter T shirt?

Reckon you'd be allowed to wear that? whistle

Since they said no "All Lives Matter" apparel is not allowed, I doubt "White Lives Matter" would meet their approval.

Fugg Goodyear!
Posted By: crshelton Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
For the record, I dumped Goodyear years ago. There are better tires and better tire bargains, so who cares about also-rans?
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I run Bridgestones, summer and winter, can't even remember the last time I had Goodyear tires on one of my rigs.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...er-blue-lives-matter-white-lives-matter/
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I run Bridgestones, summer and winter, can't even remember the last time I had Goodyear tires on one of my rigs.

I can.

About 1983.

Had a set of high dollar (at the time) Wranglers put on my pickup. Didn't last 20k miles.

Never again.
Any person or company who supports, encourages, or even allows "Black Lives Matter" is making a statement that they don't give a damn about the 8,000 blacks who are murdered every year by blacks but only want to help BLM hype up the 10 (10 is the actual number) of unarmed blacks killed per year by our 800,000 police officers, in order to create mayhem and anarchy and destroy our freedom, which is their stated Marxist objective.

Goodyear is probably more guilty of stupidity than malice, but until they make amends, they can go to Hell.

There comes a time when enough is enough.

Since BLM doesn't show up in my town (because they know what might happen to them), boycotting Goodyear is the least I can do.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Well men, if we all kept strictly to 'fire ban list, we would need to live like John the Baptist. laugh

That's baloney. It so happens I used to RUN a mid-market manufacturing company. We were officially neutral and if BLM had ever showed up, or if someone had worn a BLM T-shirt, they would have politely been reminded that we didn't allow political slogans on the property. We were always neutral about things like that. A couple of times we sent employees home to change clothes.

Almost all manufacturing companies have the same policy. For one thing, if you allow one form of such expression, you are in danger of being required to allow "join the union" or similar stuff and nobody wants that.

If Goodyear made an exception for BLM, it was a deliberate decision.

I will await an honest explanation from Goodyear.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well men, if we all kept strictly to 'fire ban list, we would need to live like John the Baptist. laugh

Figured you would be all for that!
Got it.[/quot

Just shut up and work.

World wide companies.

I worked in and international company for 41 years. The view is a bit different from the other side. A faceless corporation trying to become woke is dangerous for its workers.
Posted By: cznut Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
I have not bought Goodyear in a long time,and now I wont ever buy again, how low life can a company be ? I wonder how many Nascar fans they pizzed off

Posted By: AKduck Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Not really a good business decision.
Posted By: tpcollins Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Worth a court challenge.

Freedom of speech ( or expression)?
Originally Posted by tpcollins

The First Amendment has already been proposed and shot down. Do you know of a local law where this happened that protects that sort of freedom of expression in the workplace?

The NLRB isn’t going to be of help here either, in case anyone thinks of going in that direction.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Worth a court challenge.

That is for preventing the government from restricting your speech or expression. Private industry is free to restrict as they see fit. (Of course the courts have twisted it sorts of ways differently than the founders intended)
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Cooper is not owned by Goodyear are they?
Still independent
And American.
Posted By: windridge Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/20/20
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Cooper is not owned by Goodyear are they?
Still independent
And American.

They make great tires. My 3/4 ton just got a set. I think Coopers will be on all my vehicles eventually.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
It keeps getting worse and worse for the CEO and his piss poor attempt and Backtracking and CYA.

LEAKED AUDIO: Goodyear Boss Tells Employees They Can Wear BLM Slogans, But Not MAGA, ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter,’ or ‘White Lives Matter’
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
Haven't seen this much excitement around here since Benchmade cut up a few questionable firearms,

Love these threads, suddenly certain tires are self destructing at 5k miles,

How in the hell do I always get 60/65,000 miles on my tires?

Been using Good Years for longer than I care to think about, Never had one failure......

Other than the world ending, do carry on.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
I'm glad Cooper tires hasn't gone woke. Just bought my third set of Coopers for my pickup. Decent tire at a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by wabigoon

Do you have an updated list of approved Campfire boycotts, wabigoon?
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
No locusts, or honey? eek laugh
Posted By: windridge Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
It keeps getting worse and worse for the CEO and his piss poor attempt and Backtracking and CYA.

LEAKED AUDIO: Goodyear Boss Tells Employees They Can Wear BLM Slogans, But Not MAGA, ‘All Lives Matter,’ ‘Blue Lives Matter,’ or ‘White Lives Matter’

I bet it was a union shop steward making the announcement. You know, a UNION Demokrapp.
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
Overpriced garbage. Screw em.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20

Agreed. Corporations talking out of both sides of their mouths are like politicians with hinged tongues. But I repeat myself.

They need to come totally clean. If there is a renegade employee in the bowels of the organization who came up with that fascistic twaddle, have they fired that person? Their boss that approved it?

Indy,

They're the same mindset that keeps eyes glued to NFL games and "their teams".
Posted By: sidepass Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20

I wrote GY yesterday and it'll be interesting to see if I get a reply back.

+1
Posted By: HawkI Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
Originally Posted by windridge

Indy,

Yes. Because no matter how diverse and changing they "feel" or are their demographics may be, the majority of their funds come from people with:
A job
A family
A certain amount of expendable income
A standard of living

If welfare is putting money back into business alone, EVERYONE is fugged.
Originally Posted by HawkI

Indy,

Yes. Because no matter how diverse and changing they "feel" or are their demographics may be, the majority of their funds come from people with:
A job
A family
A standard of living

Exactly!

Their BLM customers steal their tires from those of us who worked to pay for them. I guess they think it will spur greater sales. More theft = more working people replacing what BLM ayps stole.

Posted By: Pat85 Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20

Did they ever start making a tire that last more than 15,000 miles??
Posted By: HawkI Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
Originally Posted by HawkI

Indy,

A job
A family
A standard of living

Exactly!

Their BLM customers steal their tires from those of us who worked to pay for them. I guess they think it will spur greater sales. More theft = more working people replacing what BLM ayps stole.

We are but one election cycle from just shooting schitbirds that do that, or at least I am...
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Goodyear bans... - 08/21/20
If the Marxist pigs at Lightyear were truly consistent, they would have banned anything that wasn't acceptable business/work attire instead of making exceptions for Enemies Domestic.

This site shows the major tire manufacturers and their subsidiaries.

Tires Vote Dot Com

My tires speak Korean anyway, although our next emergency vehicle tire purchase will highly likely be Cooper.

That's sigline gold right there.
© 24hourcampfire