Home
Posted By: SamOlson Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
For the most part happy and content?

Little stressed here and there but okay?

Pissed off?!

Overworked and underpaid?

Retired and bored?

Retired and not bored?
Posted By: antlers Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
I’m thankful and grateful for my life as it is. I may not have everything I want, but I’m thankful and grateful for what I do have.
Smoky as hell here and kid and wife about to start up “distance learning/teaching” but it’s all good brother...
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Retired. Was bored.

Started a new business doing kitchens and baths. Not bored anymore. Lol.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Happy.

Busy. Too busy actually...

Fuggin' hating on summer, and looking much forward to Novmeber!

Lots to enjoy and be thankful for. I'm halfway healthy. Wife is heathy & horny. Dogs are happy and healthy.

Could be worse.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Wore the fugg out.

Been cleaning bins all day.

If you handed me a bottle of vanilla extract right now....I would drink it.

Sent Richard boy on a beer run.

Truthfully Sam?

I feel like a one legged cat in a schit burying contest.

Just happier'n hell!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Good thread Sam, I'm great, I need to work harder, and eat less.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
How are you doing cuzzin?
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Overworked and underpaid. Since this scaredemic started they cut our hours and froze raises. Since we are considered front line workers, it was right on par for our management.

Overall, I can't complain, I still have a job with benefits. Better than some, worse than others.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Tired. Really fugging tired. Don't feel right at all,
Posted By: dale06 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Retired, not bored.
Hunting season (dove) starts Sept 1.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Happy.

Lots to enjoy and be thankful for. I'm halfway healthy. Wife is heathy & horny. Dogs are happy and healthy.

Could be worse.

TMI
Posted By: papat Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Retired. Bored. When this heat breaks life will be better
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
24/7/365:care of my elderly parents past 8 months.

Proud to do the work, but bored out of my mind that EVERYTHING else is on hold.

A thousand things in que.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Fabulous. I was BORN to be retired, secure, and healthy.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Happy.

Could be worse.

TMI

LOL.

Yeah this thread is intended for heterosexuals. smile

PM Goosey or Piddler.
Posted By: EdM Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Pissed off with my BC hunt being moved to next year. I booked it two years ago. I would have been on a plane in two days. Otherwise I am a happy camper enjoying it up here.
Posted By: Steve Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Life is good!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
finally got some good jobs going on, but can't find reliable help.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Under-worked & highly over-paid
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Thank you all for the great answers.

General curiosity, interesting to hear how we are all doing.

Jim, I'm good man.

Mark me down in the (currently) not stressed and not bored group.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Retired, not bored. We actually feel pretty lucky in these times just slightly restricted. We are pretty comfortable w/ social distancing, have fairly cool mountains 40 minutes away and will resume travelling in Sept. Best friends and family are doing OK. Drew no tags this year so will go after predators frequently this fall/winter.

mike r
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter

LOL... ain't that the truth.

Need to get a roof put on the family place down here on the Chesapeake Bay. Called Wayne... my folks long time carpenter and handyman. Great guy, does great work. Said he would be happy to do the roof.

In passing, I ask how old he was...

Posted By: MarkWV Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
I have a good wife and good health. Still have my job. Garden has been plentiful this year. 25 days of vacation still ahead of me for the fall and holiday months. Life is good, God has blessed me.
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Just livin' large. Life is good. Some VERY good tags in my pocket. smile
Posted By: hookeye Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Still workin my hot n dirty job that wears on me.

But it has good insurance, and my youngest kid has more tests, may end up w feeding tube. Know more in a month.

So.........aint gonna bitch too much about my bad back.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
I'll feel better around Halloween..............bow season.
Work on bow quiver and cut some arrows tomorrow.

The ol lady is nuts, was watchin the race and babblin, so I left out of town and hit a gun shop.
Scored some .280 ammo to test the Ruger #1, maybe tomorrow before work.

smile

Posted By: Trystan Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Underworked but I'm overpaid so it balances out!

Minimalist living

Prepping

Aquiring memories rather than objects

In the last two years backpacked/ overnight camped 3 major wilderness areas and a large number of national forests including White Pass last week! If I had to guess I'd say I've spent well over 100 overnights camping and cooking over a fire this year alone! While Covid was busy slowing down the world it was helping my woodsman agenda

Life is Good!

Trystan
Posted By: ingwe Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Pissed off?!

Retired and bored?

These three....
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
bored, waiting for hunting to amp back up

its hard for me to go anywhere in public cause I have to scratch my nuts every 3 minutes. I think its just an OCD thing.
Retired, not bored.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Life on the Group W Bench is good. Looking forward to cooler and drier days.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Happy.

Could be worse.

TMI

LOL.

Yeah this thread is intended for heterosexuals. smile

PM Goosey or Piddler.

LMAO!!
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Retired, comfortable, not bored. I shoot skeet/trap 3 times a week. The other days I clean guns, read, watch movies, practice drumming, watch the river flow. I love being a gentleman of leisure.

Posted By: Gus Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
retired, not bored. squill season is in. black cat is almost a year old and has been fixed, no more kittens.

a bit concerned about stock market. it's holding up and that concerns me in a period of gov't printing money like it's already out of style.

will live no matter who wins in nov. but will be happier with the incumbent.

the state governator has got people like me needing to stay in the house due to the covid.

things could be worser. i could be 18 and facing the mandatory draft by johnson.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
At 72 would like to work less than full time but enjoy my job and the money’s good. Best wife in the world, but she works a lot also, makes real good money as well...life is good, adult kids are doing very well and happy, stepsons are in seriously good colleges and doing very well...life is good
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

You mean like Faag tags right..........

Still, no one cares Leroy.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/23/20
Retired was bored till yesterday.
Making trail where no one else hunts.
Tree rat season now

Dove coming up
Deer last week september till early jan.
Gonna kill does early season when giving the chance for slumlord,s meat for braces program.

Gun project time early jan to turkey.
Turkey 3rd week march to mid may.

Then suck azz summer and the show lawn.

Got a geriatric dog I gotta look out for alot.
As long as he is eating, drinking , pizzing and pooping .
I will take care of him as best I can.

I have to plan extra time for him in all I get ready to do each morning.
Plan and extra 20 to 30 mins for him each morning when deer season kicks in and still be on my way at normal time to leave to get to whatever place I'm gonna go.
He has been a excellent dog
I owe it to him to look out for his safety and well being.

Repeat......
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

You mean like Faag tags right..........

Still, no one cares Leroy.

Apparently you do, since you bothered to read and comment. That's okay. You can be interested in what I'm doing. I don't mind.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Life is good! Wife, kids, grandkids, and the rest of the family are all healthy. Any day your on the right side of the dirt is a good day.
Tired. Broken, Frustrated.

Extremely grateful that I have a job. Even this one.
Worried for everyone.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by cra1948
At 72 would like to work less than full time but enjoy my job and the money’s good. Best wife in the world, but she works a lot also, makes real good money as well...life is good, adult kids are doing very well and happy, stepsons are in seriously good colleges and doing very well...life is good

This describes my parents.
Posted By: boatammo Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Pissed off about my eyes. Shooting left handed suxks. But I'm still snapen caps. Takes forever to find the dog, but I'm still killen a few and can afford the gas and bullets so it's OK.
Great thread Sam.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired. Somedays I mow. Sometimes I clear scrub brush. I go to sleep when I want. I get up when I want.

I don't want much at all in the way of material goods. But when I do, I can usually scratch up enough spare change to get it, within reason.

None of the houses out here have "Black Lives Matter" signs in the yard.

My neighborhood consists of about a dozen people, 6 dogs, 5 pigs, 2 mules, 6 cats, maybe 20 horses, and a field or two of black angus.

This is as happy as I've ever been.
"When the sun rises, I go to work,

When the sun goes down, I take my rest,

I dig the well from which I drink,

I farm the soil that yields my food,

I share creation, Kings can do no more."

— Ancient Chinese, 2500 B.C.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired going on 7 years now, best job I ever had. Don't have to fight rush hour traffic nor winter weather, go where I want when I want. Have plenty of gun projects, shoot 2-3 times a month, go to gun shows and reload. I walk a mile every day so at age 70 my health is good. Youngest daughter is getting married in November so I'm never bored.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Sold our house and downsized a lot. Living frugally for 2 years so we can be debt free.

I have a hard time living in the moment and I get frustrated and depressed easily so I have to learn to chill and enjoy life. Easier said than done.

Working and trying to manage health issues and money.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Hang in there mj , its tough trying to get debt free but worth it when its accomplished.
all is good here Sam.

Work my ass off everyday and make a good living.

Got a great wife who is ready for bow season to start.

Helping my elderly parents on their farm and loving life
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Thanks. Hoping it will be all worth it. Gotta learn to appreciate the now
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
I can't complain much. Six more house payments, I'll start collecting SS in about 10 months, and I expect to be in a situation where I can elect to continue working or tell my employer "adios" in lwess than two years.Trouble is, it spooks me a bit...always figured I'd somehow get hosed out of everything somehow, some way, and that sure doesn't seem to be out of the question these days. Does no good to worry, though...so I just try not to worry about it. Que sera sera.
Blessed. My wife had been on the waiting for a spinal fusion and was finally approved and had the surgery back on July 3rd. I'm working from home other than one day a week because of the Chin-A virus and would've had to have burned a bunch of leave to be home with her otherwise. She's doing better everyday that goes by. Our kids have all fared well and weathered the storm with their jobs and pay actually improving since the lockdown. Our folks are all healthy and happy.

The [bleep] going on in the liberal strongholds pisses me off, but good is going to prevail in the end.
Posted By: skinner Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Too blessed to be stressed.
Posted By: WVGuy Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired for two years. I am very blessed. Medicare and supplements are the best insurance in quite a while. I am looking forward to hunting season.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Tires. Broken, Frustrated.

Extremely grateful that I have a job. Even this one.
Worried for everyone.

Gratitude for my job here too, seven more years I hope.
Plugging away at debt, Debt cleared and house paid off inside of 2 1/2 years God willing.
Worried about my son, over things that I cannot help him with.

OTOH
Watching the season turn is a real joy down here, the livable six months of the year is approaching.
Got a new truck, I could drive up North for Christmas, last time I did that was maybe fifteen years back, its been too long.
Posted By: Buckman Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Well lets see, guess you could say semi-retired. Paying for the bad choices and lack of planning. But live in the country with great neighbors. Have a truck, boat and a canoe. Get to see things never thought i would. Might be cash poor but rich in live . Not bad i guess. I'm getting fat and happy. Thanks for asking.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Please keep the answers coming.

Thank you, good response.
Posted By: sse Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
my power’s out
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Honestly, I don’t know how life could be better. Thanks for asking.
For the most part, pretty happy. Job is good, but Covid put a bit of a crimp in income. It’s starting to come back. Wife quit her job in January and this hasn’t made finding another one easy, so that’s an extra stressor.

Plan is to retire in 4 years. I’ll make it, but not as well funded as I’d hoped. Got a line on a seasonal business that would we both could work into my retirement, but the guy isn’t quite ready to sell yet. Covid hasn’t hurt him.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Happy? What's that?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Just in case anyone is down.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: deflave Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
I was feeling a lot better since those hurricanes turned toward states that I don’t live in.

UNTIL I saw it may rain late tomorrow morning so I might not get to golf.

I don’t know what I’m going to do it that happens. Maybe workout twice. And take my wife to lunch.

I know life isn’t supposed to be fair, but fugk. Some days I feel like I almost can’t win.
Posted By: memtb Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Overworked and underpaid and retired and not bored! I need to get a job....so I can get some rest! memtb
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Same here.
Overall I’m at a good spot in life. Some minor aches and pains that I never had 15 years ago but good health and young enough to still do anything I want including hard physical labor all day if I need to (but I feel it now) I’m in my mid 40’s so supposedly the peak of my wage earnings year. I have a pretty good job with good benefits and earn enough to put a good chunk of income in a 401k and Roth IRA as well as indulge my gun habit and a few other toys/hobbies. I still have a lot of years ahead of me paying off a mortgage. I’d like to retire at 58 but realistically a divorce probably pushed it back to about 60-62 and put on hold my goal of a cabin for the time being.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by deflave
I was feeling a lot better since those hurricanes turned toward states that I don’t live in.

UNTIL I saw it may rain late tomorrow morning so I might not get to golf.

I don’t know what I’m going to do it that happens. Maybe workout twice. And take my wife to lunch.

I know life isn’t supposed to be fair, but fugk. Some days I feel like I almost can’t win.

Unlike fishing, one is not allowed to wear a raincoat on the links? Improper golfing attire, like a collarless shirt?

As you might can tell, I know next to nothing about golf, other than I was told they won't let me play as I refuse to wear a shirt with a collar to recreate in.

Be happy for the rain, no? I heard you Floridians like the rain. Keeps the gators from needing to come up to your lawn sprinklers to stay cool.

It's tough not winning..................Just wait until Nov..............then we all win again............right?
Posted By: drover Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20

Retired and not bored?

This is me.

drover
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Unlike fishing, one is not allowed to wear a raincoat on the links? Improper golfing attire, like a collarless shirt?

As you might can tell, I know next to nothing about golf, other than I was told they won't let me play as I refuse to wear a shirt with a collar to recreate in.

Be happy for the rain, no? I heard you Floridians like the rain. Keeps the gators from needing to come up to your lawn sprinklers to stay cool.

It's tough not winning..................Just wait until Nov..............then we all win again............right?

Valsdad,

Golf and rain do not mix. Period.

Any course that allows collarless shirts, is beneath me.

Rain is for farmers.

Endeavor to persevere.

Dave
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
[bleep] during work breaks. Different chick than that this weekend. What was the question?
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired hiding from the Aliens.
Posted By: super T Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
I'm 77 and I have been retired for years. I'm in good health given my age, have a loving wife, 12 grandkids, and a great home. I'm not diamond Jim,
but money at this stage in my life is not an issue. However, I'm mad as hell about what's going on in our country. I'm sick of the left and where it wants to take us. I will not go there without a fight. I'm tired of this COVID-19 sh--t. Tired of BLM false issues. Tired of looters, shoot the bastards. Color me profoundly resolute.
Retired and not bored. Always stuff to do, whether I want to do it or not. Can not for the life of me understand folks that have to "work" to fill fulfilled. To each their own.

Watched

Cleaned the chicken gulag first thing this morning after a breakfast of homemade from scratch multi grain pancakes, made last week, straight from the freezer like Eggos. Oh, before Gulag time it was watch the last period of last night's Dallas/Avs HOCKEY game. Finally caught up to today's games. Fugginchinesefugginupeveryfugginthing. Playoffs are in just two cities, and they've been running 4 games or more on some days in the early rounds. I haven't got time, even using the DVR to FF through commercials to watch that many games a day. Now that they're in the second round, maybe 2 games per day tops.

Leftover Chinese from Friday night's stimulate the economy and order take out dinner. Ate the second ripe mater from the garden. Saw very large bird out over the BLM land behind us, not vulture looking, run inside grab up binocs and good camera. Sure as scheidt it's a golden eagle, but the camera didn't want to focus with the long lens through all the smoke. Might have one or two pics of it. At least it didn't get the chickens that were free ranging while I cleaned up the Gulag. ( I need to make them a sign for their abode, thanks Slummy for giving me ideas of more work).

Read the local weekly while in the can. Big part of the week for a retired guy, right? Took a nap while reading American Rifleman about Benelli Lupo rifle.

After nap, yard stuff, go juice on the plants in the little greenhouse, fight off skeeters (HTF do them things survive in a desert where it's rained a whole 0.12" in the last month and half, all the cattle tanks are dry, and I haven't seen a puddle in ages?).

Come in, eat cold grilled chicken and some slaw my wife came up with a recipe for. Zucchini and carrot slaw, delicious, damn near as good as the chicken.

Now it's time for a blackberry brownie for desert, maybe take our middle dog for his nightly walk.

No tags this year either. Hope to maybe get some waterfowl hunting in with a friend perhaps. Maybe quail if I can get the docs to figure out a couple of minor issues that makes it hard to walk hard. Might like to get a 'yote or two this winter, friggen chicken thieves. By then they'll have nice coats on, maybe I get one to make a quiver with.

Happy? Eh, happy isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm a grump most days, on some prednisone right now, so I have an excuse to be even grumpier.

All that said, even given the laws here, seeing a golden eagle and, when the smoke clears, 10K' mountains from my yard makes me glad I don't live in Iowa.
Retired and loving the pace. Best job I never had.
Newly retired.
Not bored.
Got time to help a few others in need.
Pissed over what's happening to our country.
Looking forward to cooler weather for sure.
Life is good

Valsdad,

Rain is for farmers.

Endeavor to persevere.

Dave

I'm guessing plaid pants are de rigueur too? No camo shorts.

Probably have to wear them shoes with the funky doily thing over the laces too? They'd not like me going barefoot either then. (not that I'd do that knowing the chemicals they use)

Oh well, guess I'll stick to gardening and hunting when the seasons allow.
Posted By: kingston Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20

Valsdad,

Rain is for farmers.

Endeavor to persevere.

Dave

Tell that horseshït to the Scots.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Worried about the election. Everything else will take care of itself.
Took a local college student (Kenyan long-distance runner) out hunting pronghorn, this weekend. Had no luck, saw 2 bucks, but they got away.
Hiked over 3 miles yesterday, and probably 3+ more today.
He asked - "Just what is your age?"
"You're STRONG!!!"

And healthy = thank the Lord!
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Well, I retired may 8th got hailed on and early june hailed out . Roof ,windows, door, north and west side siding. Was working partime to help out the ex employer till early july. Then started on the roof it's all done , now working on the siding got to get'er done as dove starts 9/1 and archery deer too. Drew an any and an antler less antelope tags in west half of Hardon Co. Drew a statewide any deer muzzleloader tag for Dec and a any whitetail tag in the west half of Sully Co as well as a any whitetail tag in the north half of Meade co. Fall walleyes , waterfowl, and upland birds all need chasing. You know I didn't know just how good it could get, could allways have more money , really only need to find a travel trailer here pretty quick and I am still waiting on Mt Boomer to call me up and introduce me to that slinky looking daughter of his in the video. The most refreshing thing about retiring is never having to listen to some 40 something overeducated,underachieving pc bastard say a god damned thing to you ever again while simultaneously discovering at 65 you can still do your own thinking and if you need advice your smart enough to go get it. Magnum Bob
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired but not bored and have more to do on a daily basis than ever before. Bought 8 cows when I retired to keep busy, now we have 150 and it's a job that the pay doesn't match the work. Have a health issue that hopefully this week I'll know the results. And the Chinese virus is putting a damper on our travel plans. The hurricanes in the Gulf have our attention because our fishing boat is in Golden Meadow, Louisiana tied up to the houseboat. But all in all life's good and I feel blessed to be white and live in the US of A.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Working my butt off. Happy.
Posted By: Otter Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
For the most part happy and content.

Very little stress in the last 3+ years.

Retired and as bored as much as I want to be.
Posted By: mart Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Healthy and strong at 61. Had a great job managing a one of a kind emergency response group in the oilfields until the oil prices tanked last winter. Overnight my world changed. Fortunately I was able to step into a position in town with the same company but took on a much higher level of stress. Being salaried I'm never off duty unless I'm out of cell range. The job is good, challenging at times but never really away from it even when I'm technically off duty.

Hope to retire next year and just run my sawmill. My wife's health will have a lot to say on that. She was recently diagnosed with early onset dementia so life has changed some. Most folks don't see it yet but I see the progression. She can't do math at all. Recipes she's made all her life she needs to refer to the recipes file. She can forget was she was going to make for dinner even though she just set it out to defrost. Recent acquaintances she has to be reminded of their names frequently and she'll ask me a few times each day my plans for the day. It's the hand we've been dealt and I work hard to be patient and kind. I have to stop sometimes before I respond so I can temper my answer with patience.

I'm thankful for the 30 wonderful years with her and we'll have many more. It will be different now but doesn't change how I feel about her and we still laugh together every day.
Posted By: kingston Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by mart
Healthy and strong at 61. Had a great job managing a one of a kind emergency response group in the oilfields until the oil prices tanked last winter. Overnight my world changed. Fortunately I was able to step into a position in town with the same company but took on a much higher level of stress. Being salaried I'm never off duty unless I'm out of cell range. The job is good, challenging at times but never really away from it even when I'm technically off duty.

Hope to retire next year and just run my sawmill. My wife's health will have a lot to say on that. She was recently diagnosed with early onset dementia so life has changed some. Most folks don't see it yet but I see the progression. She can't do math at all. Recipes she's made all her life she needs to refer to the recipes file. She can forget was she was going to make for dinner even though she just set it out to defrost. Recent acquaintances she has to be reminded of their names frequently and she'll ask me a few times each day my plans for the day. It's the hand we've been dealt and I work hard to be patient and kind. I have to stop sometimes before I respond so I can temper my answer with patience.

I'm thankful for the 30 wonderful years with her and we'll have many more. It will be different now but doesn't change how I feel about her and we still laugh together every day.

It's sorry to hear about your wife. That's got to be a tough road.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Good luck Mart.

Dang.
Situation good.

Still alive after 2 years from being gutted.

Things are looking up.
Posted By: WAM Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired and not bored building a new house that the wife calls “the cabin”.

My brother said, “Why the fugg are you building another house at your age?” Because I can....

Got to get that wrapped up before hunting season.

Happy Trails
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Going g through the same thing here Mart. My wife is 67 and for about the past year I have seen the forgetfulness increase. She is just now in the process of being diagnosed, seeing a neurologist for testing.
I also struggle with being patient, I've always been a rather impatient guy.
We've had 46 good years together, now we'll see what the future holds.
Retire as soon as you can, stress is a killer. I was lucky enough to be able to retire at 59.
Mart,

sorry to hear about your wife.

Sounds like you're just the man for the job though.

Hang in there.
Posted By: mart Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Thanks guys. She has a good attitude about it. Her mom had it so it wasn't unexpected but didn't expect it this early. She still functions well, drives and shops but cannot keep the checkbook up or do anything more than simple math. And we have been candid with our friends and church family. All have been very supportive. Our doctor was glad we didn't move out of state, saying a move to a new area without knowing anyone in the area or having any long term connection to the area could have accelerated the disease. He said being in a familiar area with people she knows is best for her in the long term. It may be years before she gets to the point we need help. I am planning on retiring next year so I can be home all the time. I'll run the sawmill for some side money and do some fill in work with my company as I'll keep my instructor credentials and licenses.
Retired,happy,middle kid just moved out,one to go! I saw Dr. on thurs. I am going to have to have surgery on my right foot,thought i sprained my ankle years ago,it was broken in 2 places,healed bad,now needs to be re broken,pins screws,etc. It going to be 8 weeks in a hard cast,not a fun time.
Other than that,all good.
Posted By: mike7mm08 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Every day I say it could be worse, but I am damn tired of having to say that.

Got a decent paying job. But I can't stand the work, got forced into my current assignment. Right on the bubble of getting fired if any of the near daily rumors ever come true. Got a lot of debt. Yes my fault to a degree but a lot was from worst case scenario happening instead the "for sure" best case scenario. Or I was too generous with helping people out.

Stuck living in the city. House is at least paid for. But needs work to sell it. Work I don't have the time or money to do. If I sell as is cannot afford to get out of the city. Not a good time to move anyways.

Parents live with me.I cannot do anything right for either of them. Dad is dying of stomach cancer and is pissed off at the world. Mom is stressed and getting a bit nuts some days. She does not like to drive unless she has too. So lots of weekends I am running her around. Have a brother who could help and offers. But parents never want to bother him. This keeps me stuck in my job. New job would not give me any leave time to help out the parents.

I just feel stuck most days. I try and have a conversation and everything is just seen as me bitchhing and being grumpy. So I just shutup to try and keep the peace.

But it could be worse. Really don't want to see how though.
With the recent divorce I feel as though I had a 170# parasite removed.

Then I see the paycheck, and i rememeber shes still there. But then I look at my bank account, and there is more than there has ever been in there, because I control it and the spending. Not a ton, but enough that I live comfortably in my current situation.

I dont see my son nearly as much as i would like, but I see my dad and brother a lot more.

Not happy about my son doing distance learning for school, but thats 2020.

Hunting season is coming. Im healthy, my son is healthy, work is going well.

All in all, life ain't too bad.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Blessed. Keeping busy getting guns, gear ready for when the weather cools a bit to chase Coyote. Made several trips up to the Owens Valley Eastern Sierras during the so called pandemic for Trout fishing. Got back into Trad Archery so I spend a lot of time shooting arrows I have a sizable yard to do it in. Wife and I are planning our escape from California lots of equity in our home Real Estate prices out here are insane and I've been in my place since 87 so when it's time to sell and leave we will do real well...
Posted By: las Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired, not bored, been hunting, going hunting (or at least oldbueing) at the remote cabin.... organizing stuff and half-assed boat loading now. Departure whenever we feel like it - have to stop in Fairbanks for a few days to help some friends move many year's accumulation of stuff out of sheds and tents after the old boy died first part of the year.

Hard telling what's in there - I might score some good stuff. Might have to buy one of the tents to store it in..... smile

Can't complain- but I will if I feel like it.

About 3 winter's worth of repair/finish/ set-up projects for the garage backlogged for winter work.
Posted By: DHN Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired, lazy, more than enough to do to keep from getting bored, lower back/hip problems interfere with things I'd like to do, but plenty of alternatives.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
I made some serious life changes awhile back, and I'm happier and more content than I've been in quite some time. Life is indeed good.
Posted By: shaman Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20

In my life, those two seem to go together.

I'm 62. I tried retirement 4 years ago, and it didn't work. I could afford it financially, but I'm too much into the challenges my work provides. A little daily stress seems to be my comfort zone.

Part of me can't wait to finally retire to deer camp and tell the whole world to pi$$ off. The rest of me is trying to savor what time I've got left.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Doubt many folks envy me, but I'm probably doing a good bit better than I deserve.......

Relatively content........thanks to unrealistic thinking and immaturity.

I stress easily but am learning to just wait and give things time........which to many is just procrastination.

Put me in the fat dumb somewhat happy category.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
All good, don't 'need' a thing, but to continue to be left alone. smile
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
All I will say is I know there are a lot of other folks out there a lot worse off than I am.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
All I will say is I know there are a lot of other folks out there a lot worse off than I am.

And we know where the groceries browse and grow, and know how to collect them when needed ; ]
Blessed by God. Family is healthy. Get to argue on the internet.

Jesus is Lord.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20

My mantra since the beginning of February.

Its been a tough year.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Blessed to be above ground another day!

Working harder than I envisioned at this point in life.

Keeping the famdamily business going at 1/4 the staff from a year ago while averaging about 55% of the volume.

Life throws us what it will, adapt and move on.
Posted By: AML Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
I'm very fortunate. Good job. Healthy family. Can't complain but sometimes I still do.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired and living the dream. Life is good ( as long as you don't watch the news).
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20

Sam;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the weather's what you need for harvest and in all other ways this finds you and yours well.

As I've often said here, my life has been more blessed than anything I could have done to deserve it Sam.

This is near the end of the 5th month of my "trial retirement" and honestly I have no idea how I got anything done at all around the place when I was working 45-50 hours a week! wink

In the last year and a bit we had closure on both my mother and mother in law's long term dementia issues - they passed on - and hopefully I can be forgiven for saying that it's been somewhat of a blessing in that the stresses of dealing with it have been lifted from my wife and I, you know?

It's the sort of thing one doesn't know is weighing on you while you are carrying it, if that makes sense?

Anyways Sam, I'm considering getting more involved in the local political scene as well, nothing serious just helping to rid Ottawa of the current entitled maggot infestation plague mostly. grin

Hunting season is around the corner and I'll get the rifles checked this week, the firewood's cut for the next winter and well into the following and think the Dodge should be patched up enough to take me where I want to wander.

The only thing I need to really do is figure out how to do snappy videos like you do Sam - but I'm working on it!

All the best to you all sir, good harvest and good hunts.

Dwayne
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Healthy, employed, and the sun came up again this morning
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Got a health issue that (hopefully) should get straightened out at end of week. I still remain blessed beyond measure......great kids with good jobs, great wife of 35 years......could be much worse.
could be much worse.

sums it up right there
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
No colonoscopy for a few years, that's all behind me now. laugh
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by gunner500

And we know where the groceries browse and grow, and know how to collect them when needed ; ]

😉
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Got a health issue that (hopefully) should get straightened out at end of week. I still remain blessed beyond measure......great kids with good jobs, great wife of 35 years......could be much worse.

JG,

I think you’re an ass hole but I wish you all the best regardless.

Sincerely.

Sorry about your wife, mart.

Best to you and yours.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by JGRaider

JG,

I think you’re an ass hole but I wish you all the best regardless.

Sincerely.

Thanks mucho......I think?
I struggle with niceties.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20

Prayers for you and your wife Sir.

Blessings upon us all that need to be more kind and patient with others.

You are more about blunt truthfulness.

Many people require a daily dose of empathy...

And your DNA does not contain the empathy chromosome.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Maybe he's Jewish.
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Sam;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the weather's what you need for harvest and in all other ways this finds you and yours well.

As I've often said here, my life has been more blessed than anything I could have done to deserve it Sam.

This is near the end of the 5th month of my "trial retirement" and honestly I have no idea how I got anything done at all around the place when I was working 45-50 hours a week! wink

In the last year and a bit we had closure on both my mother and mother in law's long term dementia issues - they passed on - and hopefully I can be forgiven for saying that it's been somewhat of a blessing in that the stresses of dealing with it have been lifted from my wife and I, you know?

It's the sort of thing one doesn't know is weighing on you while you are carrying it, if that makes sense?

Anyways Sam, I'm considering getting more involved in the local political scene as well, nothing serious just helping to rid Ottawa of the current entitled maggot infestation plague mostly. grin

Hunting season is around the corner and I'll get the rifles checked this week, the firewood's cut for the next winter and well into the following and think the Dodge should be patched up enough to take me where I want to wander.

The only thing I need to really do is figure out how to do snappy videos like you do Sam - but I'm working on it!

All the best to you all sir, good harvest and good hunts.

Dwayne

John Adams told Thomas Jefferson that he had a most elegant pen.

Much of the same could be said about yours Sir.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Tired. Really fugging tired. Don't feel right at all,

Low T ?

🍆😬😎
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Maybe he's Jewish.

That is a stupid comparison, I have never known any Jewish person that was not steeped in empathy.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired for 4 years & still sometimes break out in laughter like a mad man when It hits me all over again that, I'm retired.

Oh, not bored. laugh laugh crazy
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Maybe he's Jewish.

That is a stupid comparison, I have never known any Jewish person that was not steeped in empathy.

They just don't do anything about it. smile
retired and never bored. Too many fish to catch
Posted By: reivertom Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
The only thing that worries me in the near future is that the Democrats might steal the election.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Retired, celebrated anny #45 yesterday with a sweet gal, Grandkid #13 on the way, under viral house arrest (co-morbidities), much to look forward to.

Contentment is the new happiness. ;-{>8
Posted By: szihn Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
VERY blessed.

Not wealthy in a monetary sense, but all needs met, own my land free and clear, do the work I like doing, and I get paid to do it. (not a lot, but that's OK)
Have several real friends, and I really enjoy helping folks when I can. Live in what may be one of the few places left that could be called "Real America'".

I'm a happy man.
Blessed but try to work hard, hardly think I deserve the blessing I have.

Retired, but working hard... doing something I love (working on guns, putting new barrels on that shoot well, helping others to get their rifles into as best as possible shape so they are happy with how they shoot).

Wish those around me were in the same condition - humans have problems understanding what will make them happy.

Lord willing (and forgiving) it will stay that way.
humans have problems understanding what will make them happy

true dat
Posted By: las Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No colonoscopy for a few years, that's all behind me now. laugh

I saw what you did there.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Good life. Wife and I love each other. Both of us have good jobs and look to retire in a couple of years. Very little debt. Both of us have good health for our ages.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Aliens are back!

And, along with that...............

I'm sure glad I haven't gotten all I deserved. wink
Posted By: windridge Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/24/20
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Aliens are back!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: deflave Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/25/20
Originally Posted by kingston

Tell that horseshït to the Scots.

I don't fraternize with anything that likes bagpipes.
For those that were wondering how my day turned out, you should know that it DID in fact rain but only between hole 13 and 14. I was able to hide out in the schitter until things passed.

My wife gifted me this 64* wedge.

It's great.

Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/25/20
Without a doubt, I'm in the best situation, in every way I can think of save one, of my entire life. That one thing is my age, and I'm dealing with that pretty well too.

Anyone that says they don't know what they'd do if they retired has no imagination.
Posted By: viking Re: Your Current Situation? - 08/25/20
Rocking in the Bakken.
Originally Posted by viking
Rocking in the Bakken.

Out of Tejas?
No sir, I moved back to ND. Although I am a border jumper everyday, on the Montana line.
No sir, I moved back to ND. Although I am a border jumper everyday, on the Montana line.

Glad to hear your prison sentence has ended.
All my ex’s live in Texas
All my ex’s live in Texas

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: battue Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
Me: I bought Merlot an old Parker 16 gauge to follow him around the woods and fields with....He doesn't seem to care all that much about it....It's OK...

Posted By: Ward Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
Life isn't perfect but its pretty darned good. I've reached an age where there's no need to compete with other guys about who has the greatest house, bird dog, toys, tools and family. My family is good but I do wish my wife's health was a bit better. My doc says I'm in great health for an old fat guy. Business has fared pretty well through the weirdness of 2020 and I have more control over my time than at any previous point in my career. I'm old enough to retire and have the means to do so but enjoy my work, have a reduced schedule and just can't see a good reason to quit. One more conservative justice and there won't be too many worries about politicians ruining the rest of my days. There's been little predictability in life, surprises along the way have been good and bad, but I'd do it all again with only a couple changes. I've been blessed and know it.
Posted By: ERK Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
I’m retired and pretty good. Got me a 2 week old grandson who is healthy. I live on my quarter of land in the Turtle Mountains of North Dakota. Great wife and kids. Edk
Posted By: hookeye Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
Doc said they were going to do a port on the kid, try to not go feeding tube.
I got about 2 weeks or so left of sickleave due to appendectomy.
Deer season coming up.

Not too shabby. Could have been a worse month
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Blessed by God. Family is healthy. Get to argue on the internet.

Jesus is Lord.

Yes sir, and the reason I’m ultimately and fully an optimist though I’m pessimistic about our nation; though not worried, am concerned about our daughters families and what they may face in the future.

Just in our seventh decade we’ve been given a few health issues..but they are very minor compared with what I’ve seen in many others. And at a much younger age.

My wife just came through the Wuhan — ill but not seriously — and though I’ve had symptoms, I tested negative 🤔 though I’ve been with her of course through the 3 1/2 weeks of the deal. False negative? I dunno.

Anyway, comfortable and thankfully in our retirement. Thankful for fall and cooler weather..and all good things. 🙂

edit: Best to all here.
Posted By: Hookset Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
I'm doing okay, all things considered. My wife lost her battle with cancer last month and that's obviously not great, but the end wasn't as bad as it could have been. She was very afraid of a long, undignified, painful process, but when it came, it came pretty quickly and we were able to keep her relatively comfortable. It's a relief that she doesn't have to suffer any more but now I have to figure out what's next for me. She was a good woman and a good wife and we had a good 28 years of marriage. We also had several years of knowing that the end was coming, so we were able to really focus on life and each other. These last few years were the best we had.

I haven't worked since last November because I've stayed home to take care of her. I have a military retirement that covers the bills, but I'm going to have to think about getting a job or starting a business pretty soon. Right now I'm just taking some time to figure it all out and I'm thankful to have the ability to do that.

I've been doing a good bit of loading and shooting lately and I do a good bit of retriever training with a local group. I have a pretty nice young dog that is coming along real well and she'll run her first hunt tests this weekend. If things go well, she will get her Senior Hunter title finished the first weekend in November and then we'll be off to Texas for a few weeks to deer hunt with a friend of mine. I'll stop in Arkansas on the way home in late November or early December and do a little duck hunting.

I've been playing my guitar a lot more than I have in a while. That's been enjoyable. And I spend more time reading and less time watching TV. That's an improvement, too.

My youngest son, his girl and my granddaughter are going to move in with me the first of November. He's in really great shape financially, so he doesn't need to, but I think his mother suggested to him that it would be good for me. And to be honest, I'm looking forward to it. I need the alone time right now to sort through and process Sandy's absence, but I don't think it would be healthy for me to rattle around in this big old house by myself for too long. I'm blessed to have such a fine young man for a son. Since his Mom passed, I would say he's my best friend.

I firmly believe that the key to happiness is an attitude of gratitude. I'm thankful for all I have been blessed with, and I've been blessed with more than I deserve. I'd say that even though there's been a big hole blown into my life, I'm pretty happy.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
^^ Nice ^^ ..... It's good to stay positive in the face of hardship.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
Dang!

You have a hell of an outlook on things!

Hope the best for you Hookset.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
May Our Lord Bless you Hookset. I'd say more, but--.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/28/20
Life is great, but I wish our Pacific steelhead runs had more fish. Been a 2 or 3-week fall tradition in our family for about 40 years. Poor runs for the last couple though have made such an exercise in futility. Great fun on a fly rod.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dang!

You have a hell of an outlook on things!

Hope the best for you Hookset.

Originally Posted by wabigoon
May Our Lord Bless you Hookset. I'd say more, but--.

Double Ditto Hookset.

Sounds like you've got the right mindset.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
pretty well i suppose. i have a nice family, comfortable house with enough land to spread out a bit, a cabin in the woods near the river and a job that i don't hate as much as i used to. when i think things suck, i quickly remember all my blessings.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
For those that were wondering how my day turned out, you should know that it DID in fact rain but only between hole 13 and 14. I was able to hide out in the schitter until things passed.

It's great.

What's your handicap ifyou dont mind my asking?
Hookset, sorry about your loss, but I think your attitude is great. Being happy or miserable is state of mind for the most part.

I’ve been a computer system engineer for 25+ years, I’ve been bought, sold, spun up, and layed off more times than I can count. It’s part of the industry, but it gets harder the older you get. The money is good, but once you hit 50 it gets really tough and live in not a great place for tech work. I’ve put myself in a position it’s not a big deal, other than when I retire. I want to build myself our retirement house, but dirt is getting expensive around here. The cheaper I build the sooner we can retire. I’m going to down size and buy myself a few more years of retirement. Health insurance is the biggest issue or I could easily pull the plug now. I’ve been screwing around the last couple months trying to figure out what I want to do.

I think I’ll go hunting, so there is that laugh
Originally Posted by SCgman1

It's great.

The 'flave has no handicaps.
Posted By: hanco Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Sorry for your loss Hookset. I have a good job of 32 years, great family, superb wife that would wait on me hand and foot if I wanted. The three kids all have good jobs. We are extremely blessed.

Looking forward to retirement in a few years. I’m liking drawing my SS and still working.

I’m praying Barret is confirmed and Big Daddy is re-elected. Go Trump, make the Democunts heads explode again.
Posted By: lightman Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Well Sam,

I'm happy and content.
and I'm retired for 5 years and not bored.

I try to stay as busy as my MS will let me but I have some trouble getting around. I help a retired farmer buddy take care of 2 Duck Clubs. In the fall I help his boys with their harvest. Usually by driving a truck. I hunt, shoot and reload about as much as I want to. I have been hosting a Dove hunt for family, friends and their families for the last several years and doing the work that goes along with it. The Wife and I were doing some traveling until C-19 hit. My 2 boys and their families are healthy and their jobs have not been affected by C-19. The older Grandkids are active in sports and we attended as many of their events as possible, pre C-19. My Mother is the only one of our parents still living and we try to do something with her at least once a week.

On another note, the weather has cooled off some and hunting season is just a few weeks away. My biggest problem right now is thinking up a gift for my Wife for our 45th anniversary in November.

Sam, I hope you are doing ok.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Great wife
Great kids and their spouses
4 great grand kids
Great job, no pressure
Great pay
House paid off
Thinking about retiring when we go to a stupid “new and improved” training system. We’ve trained our own Marine and Naval Aviators with essentially the same system (with slight changes here and there) for decades (at least 5) and we got good wingmen to the fleet. They displayed their skills well enough that the French, Italian, Spanish, Kuwaiti, Thai, Singaporan, Argentine and UK navies wanted us to train their Junior Officers/pilots. Let’s throw out the baby with the bath water ‘cause aircraft and our students are different now 🤬

But overall, I’ve got a good thing going.
Posted By: EdM Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20

It's great.

And here you had my hopes up.

Posted By: mrmarklin Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20

Pissed off?!

Overworked and underpaid?

Retired and bored?

Retired and not bored?

Life is great. I have a mid six figure income. And I just bought two very nice new rifles with scopes. A Ruger #1 in 6.5 Creedmore with a 6.5-20x50 Leupold LRP scope. Shoots less than MOA. The other is an Anschutz 1727F in .17 HMR with a Schmidt and Bender Zenith scope 2.5-10x56. Life is great. Oh yeah, the Annie shoots sub MOA Too.
Retired at 51 from 30 years of policing. Took a part time job as a Prosecutor for 14 years, and pastored a local Baptist church for 13 years.

I have been given a full cup, and now at 70, I am rejoicing with a great wife and a couple wonderful daughters, sons in law and now three grandkids.

No complaints.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Hookset, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I know it is a very sad time for you and your family. I lost my wife in February, so understand your sadness.

Hope all goes well with you and your family.

L.W.
Great attitude hookset. Its good to have family and friends around when you lose someone. I lost my first wife to heart disease. I was a lost soul for a year or so but my family and friends were always around, I'm sure they kept me from disappearing into a bottle.
Enjoy life and I wish you the best.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Retired, but busy.

Lynn
Posted By: hotsoup Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Retired. never bored. 14 grandkids who visit all the time. I take all 5 fathers (of grandkids) on a guided hunt every year. I teach every grandkid how to shoot a rifle. shotgun, and bow. I am blessed beyond words.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Trying to survive, on the cooling crust of a molten planet suspended in deep space by gravity, 93 million miles from a gigantic burning ball of radioactive gas.
Posted By: Bald1 Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Enjoying a nice Irish Coffee here at home after a great steak dinner with all the trimmings. Retirement bliss indeed! Coming up on 14 years. laugh

Posted By: Heym06 Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Retired and don't have time to get bored! I do stress sometimes, but mom always said I was high strung!
43 yrs old two great kids and a good job. Going through a divorce so the cabin up North got pushed back in exchange for a home on the opposite end of the same subdivision as my soon to be ex in order to make things as easy as possible on our kids. My ex and I have a reasonably good working relationship and co-patent. It’s fall in Mid-Michigan and I bird hunt every chance that I get.

I have some regrets and envy the guys going on decades of marriage but I’m excited for the future.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
I'm not nearly as well off as pretty much all of the rest of you, I'm sure. But, I just have to keep pluggin' along, tired though I may be. I do have a good woman now, so I'm thankful for that.
Retired and not bored. Life is good.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Above ground

Getting after it
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Your Current Situation? - 09/29/20
Originally Posted by SCgman1

It's great.

The 'flave has no handicaps.

He hits his head on every door frame he walks through
some might say that's a handicap for the door frame.
© 24hourcampfire