M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just in case anyone is down.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was feeling a lot better since those hurricanes turned toward states that I don’t live in.

UNTIL I saw it may rain late tomorrow morning so I might not get to golf.

I don’t know what I’m going to do it that happens. Maybe workout twice. And take my wife to lunch.

I know life isn’t supposed to be fair, but fugk. Some days I feel like I almost can’t win.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Overworked and underpaid and retired and not bored! I need to get a job....so I can get some rest! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 08/24/20.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter
finally got some good jobs going on, but can't find reliable help.

Same here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Overall I’m at a good spot in life. Some minor aches and pains that I never had 15 years ago but good health and young enough to still do anything I want including hard physical labor all day if I need to (but I feel it now) I’m in my mid 40’s so supposedly the peak of my wage earnings year. I have a pretty good job with good benefits and earn enough to put a good chunk of income in a 401k and Roth IRA as well as indulge my gun habit and a few other toys/hobbies. I still have a lot of years ahead of me paying off a mortgage. I’d like to retire at 58 but realistically a divorce probably pushed it back to about 60-62 and put on hold my goal of a cabin for the time being.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 08/23/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I was feeling a lot better since those hurricanes turned toward states that I don’t live in.

UNTIL I saw it may rain late tomorrow morning so I might not get to golf.

I don’t know what I’m going to do it that happens. Maybe workout twice. And take my wife to lunch.

I know life isn’t supposed to be fair, but fugk. Some days I feel like I almost can’t win.

Unlike fishing, one is not allowed to wear a raincoat on the links? Improper golfing attire, like a collarless shirt?

As you might can tell, I know next to nothing about golf, other than I was told they won't let me play as I refuse to wear a shirt with a collar to recreate in.

Be happy for the rain, no? I heard you Floridians like the rain. Keeps the gators from needing to come up to your lawn sprinklers to stay cool.

It's tough not winning..................Just wait until Nov..............then we all win again............right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SamOlson

For the most part happy and content?

Retired and not bored?

This is me.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Unlike fishing, one is not allowed to wear a raincoat on the links? Improper golfing attire, like a collarless shirt?

As you might can tell, I know next to nothing about golf, other than I was told they won't let me play as I refuse to wear a shirt with a collar to recreate in.

Be happy for the rain, no? I heard you Floridians like the rain. Keeps the gators from needing to come up to your lawn sprinklers to stay cool.

It's tough not winning..................Just wait until Nov..............then we all win again............right?

Valsdad,

Golf and rain do not mix. Period.

Any course that allows collarless shirts, is beneath me.

Rain is for farmers.

Endeavor to persevere.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
[bleep] during work breaks. Different chick than that this weekend. What was the question?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Retired hiding from the Aliens.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm 77 and I have been retired for years. I'm in good health given my age, have a loving wife, 12 grandkids, and a great home. I'm not diamond Jim,
but money at this stage in my life is not an issue. However, I'm mad as hell about what's going on in our country. I'm sick of the left and where it wants to take us. I will not go there without a fight. I'm tired of this COVID-19 sh--t. Tired of BLM false issues. Tired of looters, shoot the bastards. Color me profoundly resolute.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Retired and not bored. Always stuff to do, whether I want to do it or not. Can not for the life of me understand folks that have to "work" to fill fulfilled. To each their own.

Watched

Cleaned the chicken gulag first thing this morning after a breakfast of homemade from scratch multi grain pancakes, made last week, straight from the freezer like Eggos. Oh, before Gulag time it was watch the last period of last night's Dallas/Avs HOCKEY game. Finally caught up to today's games. Fugginchinesefugginupeveryfugginthing. Playoffs are in just two cities, and they've been running 4 games or more on some days in the early rounds. I haven't got time, even using the DVR to FF through commercials to watch that many games a day. Now that they're in the second round, maybe 2 games per day tops.

Leftover Chinese from Friday night's stimulate the economy and order take out dinner. Ate the second ripe mater from the garden. Saw very large bird out over the BLM land behind us, not vulture looking, run inside grab up binocs and good camera. Sure as scheidt it's a golden eagle, but the camera didn't want to focus with the long lens through all the smoke. Might have one or two pics of it. At least it didn't get the chickens that were free ranging while I cleaned up the Gulag. ( I need to make them a sign for their abode, thanks Slummy for giving me ideas of more work).

Read the local weekly while in the can. Big part of the week for a retired guy, right? Took a nap while reading American Rifleman about Benelli Lupo rifle.

After nap, yard stuff, go juice on the plants in the little greenhouse, fight off skeeters (HTF do them things survive in a desert where it's rained a whole 0.12" in the last month and half, all the cattle tanks are dry, and I haven't seen a puddle in ages?).

Come in, eat cold grilled chicken and some slaw my wife came up with a recipe for. Zucchini and carrot slaw, delicious, damn near as good as the chicken.

Now it's time for a blackberry brownie for desert, maybe take our middle dog for his nightly walk.

No tags this year either. Hope to maybe get some waterfowl hunting in with a friend perhaps. Maybe quail if I can get the docs to figure out a couple of minor issues that makes it hard to walk hard. Might like to get a 'yote or two this winter, friggen chicken thieves. By then they'll have nice coats on, maybe I get one to make a quiver with.

Happy? Eh, happy isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm a grump most days, on some prednisone right now, so I have an excuse to be even grumpier.

All that said, even given the laws here, seeing a golden eagle and, when the smoke clears, 10K' mountains from my yard makes me glad I don't live in Iowa.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Retired and loving the pace. Best job I never had.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Newly retired.
Not bored.
Got time to help a few others in need.
Pissed over what's happening to our country.
Looking forward to cooler weather for sure.
Life is good

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Valsdad,

Rain is for farmers.

Endeavor to persevere.

Dave

I'm guessing plaid pants are de rigueur too? No camo shorts.

Probably have to wear them shoes with the funky doily thing over the laces too? They'd not like me going barefoot either then. (not that I'd do that knowing the chemicals they use)

Oh well, guess I'll stick to gardening and hunting when the seasons allow.

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Valsdad,

Rain is for farmers.

Endeavor to persevere.

Dave

Tell that horseshït to the Scots.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Worried about the election. Everything else will take care of itself.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Took a local college student (Kenyan long-distance runner) out hunting pronghorn, this weekend. Had no luck, saw 2 bucks, but they got away.
Hiked over 3 miles yesterday, and probably 3+ more today.
He asked - "Just what is your age?"
"You're STRONG!!!"

And healthy = thank the Lord!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, I retired may 8th got hailed on and early june hailed out . Roof ,windows, door, north and west side siding. Was working partime to help out the ex employer till early july. Then started on the roof it's all done , now working on the siding got to get'er done as dove starts 9/1 and archery deer too. Drew an any and an antler less antelope tags in west half of Hardon Co. Drew a statewide any deer muzzleloader tag for Dec and a any whitetail tag in the west half of Sully Co as well as a any whitetail tag in the north half of Meade co. Fall walleyes , waterfowl, and upland birds all need chasing. You know I didn't know just how good it could get, could allways have more money , really only need to find a travel trailer here pretty quick and I am still waiting on Mt Boomer to call me up and introduce me to that slinky looking daughter of his in the video. The most refreshing thing about retiring is never having to listen to some 40 something overeducated,underachieving pc bastard say a god damned thing to you ever again while simultaneously discovering at 65 you can still do your own thinking and if you need advice your smart enough to go get it. Magnum Bob

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (1eyedmule, 21, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 3,923 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,662
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.