Home
Looking over Iowa’s numbers today show 76,968 confirmed cases (but how many non-tested positives are walking around) and 1248 CD-related deaths. This shows a 1.6% death rate. This is 16x the death rate from influenza.

In my county there are 1209 confirmed cases but only 3 deaths which comes to a .25% rate. This is only 2.5x the death rate of influenza. However, we are only some sixty miles from 2 tertiary care centers in Sioux Falls, SD, and the very ill are often transferred to these centers. So, if dying there, I presume they are counted in SD’s numbers.

This is based on a “flu” death rate of ~ .1%.

The sources for these numbers are the CDC, WHO, and Iowa dept of Public Health.

I post this because elsewhere the CDC just publicized a death rate of 5.6% or fifty-six times that of influenza.

My wife was tested this morning because she has some of the symptoms and drives dialysis patients to the dialysis center. Doc told her they are seeing many, many positive tests but very few really ill people.

Let you, gentle campfire reader draw your own conclusions.
That test is a money maker. I think the quick tempture check is just as good.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Doc told her they are seeing many, many positive tests but very few really ill people.

Let you, gentle campfire reader draw your own conclusions.

2 things.

Some people are lying.

The tests are faulty.
Posted By: TimZ Re: A local look at CD-19 numbers - 09/17/20
Surprised to hear the influenza death rate is only 0.1%, would have thought it was higher than that.

The tests are so sensitive they show positive for long dead virus particles in the respiratory tract for people who didn’t know they were “sick” and who also aren’t contagious...false positives.

A lot of people are lying about a lot of things.
If this is completely accurate...oh boy.
Long but interesting. US numbers and explanation for same at end.

Then again the Irish are known for imbibing. shocked
My conclusion is that more than half of the test are invalid.

And likely more than half the deaths are primarily due to something other than the virus, but may have been exacerbated by the virus.

MM
Look at the videos hypothesis on why death rates are so high in some countries compared to others.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

The temperature check is absolutely worthless.

Out of a workplace of sixty people, ten have now become ill and tested positive for C-19. We take temps every morning with a touchless forehead scanner. None of the sick individuals ever scanned over 98 degrees.

With morning temp at 42 to 48 degrees the last two weeks, and a 100 yd walk from the parking lot to the scanning station, my temp scan runs 93 degrees to 96 degrees each morning.

I have not heard yet of an employer doing actual oral or anal temp probes to get a real reading.
My son is going to college in Iowa. His girlfriend tested positive and then he tested positive. He got sent to isolation in an off-campus apartment with three other students who also tested positive. Out of the 5 of them, only one had symptoms, a headache and slight fever for two days.
Posted By: Etoh Re: A local look at CD-19 numbers - 09/18/20
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Out of a workplace of sixty people, ten have now become ill and tested positive for C-19. We take temps every morning with a touchless forehead scanner. None of the sick individuals ever scanned over 98 degrees.

With morning temp at 42 to 48 degrees the last two weeks, and a 100 yd walk from the parking lot to the scanning station, my temp scan runs 93 degrees to 96 degrees each morning.

I have not heard yet of an employer doing actual oral or anal temp probes to get a real reading.

Yup,
went to dentist with tooth infection, they were taking temp to get in. I would obviously have a high temp from the infection. Turned AC on high, directed vent at face for 5 mins. before going in.
Got tooth fixed.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

And likely more than half the deaths are primarily due to something other than the virus, but may have been exacerbated by the virus.

MM

And while people are beside themselves that our deaths are so high I have to wonder if we still have some of the highest rates in the world in:

Obesity and Morbid Obesity
Chronic heart disease & COPD
Diabetes Type 2
Lung cancer and other illness as a result of personal decisions (drug and alcohol use, tobacco, etc)

Maybe I’m way off?? Any amateur or practicing epidemiologists here that can help?
Here is hoping for Ab8

The tiny antibody component is the variable, heavy chain (VH) domain of an immunoglobulin, which is a type of antibody found in the blood. It was found by “fishing” in a pool of more than 100 billion potential candidates using the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as bait. Ab8 is created when the VH domain is fused to part of the immunoglobulin tail region, adding the immune functions of a full-size antibody without the bulk
Originally Posted by Etoh
Here is hoping for Ab8

The tiny antibody component is the variable, heavy chain (VH) domain of an immunoglobulin, which is a type of antibody found in the blood. It was found by “fishing” in a pool of more than 100 billion potential candidates using the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as bait. Ab8 is created when the VH domain is fused to part of the immunoglobulin tail region, adding the immune functions of a full-size antibody without the bulk

Alcohol, tell me more.

I've know 100+ who have tested positive. A few had symptoms (<20). Everyone is fine. No deaths, no hospitalizations.

I’d be shopping for a new job if they wanted to stick a thermometer up my ass every time I came to work.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Here is hoping for Ab8

Alcohol, tell me more.

I've know 100+ who have tested positive. A few had symptoms (<20). Everyone is fine. No deaths, no hospitalizations.

Any comorbidities among them, TR?
A mini mart/deli/gas station place 4 miles down the road has a big sign in the window telling everbody that they have to wear masks,...big red letters.

Go inside and the guy running the place is smoking a pipe and people are sitting around drinking beer. Not a mask in sight.
Should have put CDC in your title, so people don’t waste their time on horse sh it stats.
Originally Posted by philgood80
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

And while people are beside themselves that our deaths are so high I have to wonder if we still have some of the highest rates in the world in:

Obesity and Morbid Obesity
Chronic heart disease & COPD
Diabetes Type 2
Lung cancer and other illness as a result of personal decisions (drug and alcohol use, tobacco, etc)

Maybe I’m way off?? Any amateur or practicing epidemiologists here that can help?

I think we're also paying states forty grand for every covid death they record.
Ab8 smaller than virus, not really a vaccine, "tying" up receptor sites on covid, Not a drug in the classical sense. Can be used as a nasal spray, or imbedded in crystals (sugar) on a bandaid for time release.
Yeah, but the next one thrown at us might be bsl-4 instead of bsl-3. Just think of this as training for that.

The tests are so sensitive they show positive for long dead virus particles in the respiratory tract for people who didn’t know they were “sick” and who also aren’t contagious...false positives.

This

And fools, the same fools; keep getting retested. So even after they’ve convalesced, theyre still going to show +pos+

The little clinics are telling these people, “ now, you come back in 2 weeks and we will test you again”

Even some of their employers are telling them, you cannot come back to work until you test negative. So there goes a few more +pos in the stack of numbers.
Originally Posted by slumlord

This

And fools, the same fools; keep getting retested. So even after they’ve convalesced, theyre still going to show +pos+

The little clinics are telling these people, “ now, you come back in 2 weeks and we will test you again”

Even some of their employers are telling them, you cannot come back to work until you test negative. So there goes a few more +pos in the stack of numbers.

It was called "casedemic" in the video - positive tests being reported as cases when in actual fact they aren't cases at all, and don't correlate with the morbidity rate. It generates a big number that means nothing except to cause fear.

Last 2 weeks positive tests and people being put in hospitals is going up in 10 countries in Europe. Is this the second round starting?
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Last 2 weeks positive tests and people being put in hospitals is going up in 10 countries in Europe. Is this the second round starting?

psst. Trump is still going to win in December...

second round of propaganda no doubt.

Damn, just damn.
What will you leftists use now as an example of how great EVERY country in Europe is fairing in comparison to America[which was actually a lie, but hey].
The quandary......
Originally Posted by Raeford

Damn, just damn.
What will you leftists use now as an example of how great EVERY country in Europe is fairing in comparison to America[which was actually a lie, but hey].
The quandary......

who gives a [bleep] how they are doing. my ancestors left that [bleep] behind generations ago to build a better life in America.
Nor do I, just pointing out THEIR hypocrisy......
The CDC bases all their COVID-19 projections based on data provided by the states. The Democrats have been cooking the books since the very beginning if this fake pandemic and it's astounding much they did even in the Republican run states like Texas. Most of the big cities in Texas are run by lying Democrats. Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth are probably the worst offenders. I don't think they checked Austin and San Antonio. They got caught by Bloomberg (of all people) and Governor Abbot was notified. He had all the data corrected. The new charts show the actual number positive cases are much lower (meaningless info anyway) and Texas COVD-19 death rate is near ZERO. For some reason Texas is still locked down. I'll vote for any Republican that runs against Abbott the next election. If want to see how bad the lies were in Texas this video goes in the numbers about the 16:00 mark. I posted this video recently but I don't how many people watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEAU9OxeaA&t=1108s
Here are the published numbers as of today.

122 dead per day average. 14,490 dead total

Infection rate 7.02% over 7 day average.

678,819 cases. That is the one number I do not believe, number has to be much higher.

Even if the reported numbers are correct, which is highly doubtful

A persons odds of dieing from covid in Oregon is 0.0124%

Odds of becoming infected is 0.74283%

You don't suppose your employer is being lied to just a tad do ya?

Yup,
went to dentist with tooth infection, they were taking temp to get in. I would obviously have a high temp from the infection. Turned AC on high, directed vent at face for 5 mins. before going in.
Got tooth fixed.

Same here... I am the "bouncer" checking temps at the front door of church each Sunday morning. Only had two people exceed temps back in August when it was sunny and 80+ degrees at 11:00am. Two elderly women. Both over heated from walking the full length of black top parking lot. Set them both down in the shade. Give them a cold bottle of water. 5 minutes later, very close to 98*F...

OTOH, this past week with cool air temps, most folks were clocking in the 93*F-96*F range.
© 24hourcampfire