Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking over Iowa’s numbers today show 76,968 confirmed cases (but how many non-tested positives are walking around) and 1248 CD-related deaths. This shows a 1.6% death rate. This is 16x the death rate from influenza.

In my county there are 1209 confirmed cases but only 3 deaths which comes to a .25% rate. This is only 2.5x the death rate of influenza. However, we are only some sixty miles from 2 tertiary care centers in Sioux Falls, SD, and the very ill are often transferred to these centers. So, if dying there, I presume they are counted in SD’s numbers.

This is based on a “flu” death rate of ~ .1%.

The sources for these numbers are the CDC, WHO, and Iowa dept of Public Health.

I post this because elsewhere the CDC just publicized a death rate of 5.6% or fifty-six times that of influenza.

My wife was tested this morning because she has some of the symptoms and drives dialysis patients to the dialysis center. Doc told her they are seeing many, many positive tests but very few really ill people.

Let you, gentle campfire reader draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 09/17/20.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
That test is a money maker. I think the quick tempture check is just as good.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Doc told her they are seeing many, many positive tests but very few really ill people.

Let you, gentle campfire reader draw your own conclusions.

2 things.

Some people are lying.

The tests are faulty.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Surprised to hear the influenza death rate is only 0.1%, would have thought it was higher than that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The tests are so sensitive they show positive for long dead virus particles in the respiratory tract for people who didn’t know they were “sick” and who also aren’t contagious...false positives.

A lot of people are lying about a lot of things.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If this is completely accurate...oh boy.
Long but interesting. US numbers and explanation for same at end.

Then again the Irish are known for imbibing. shocked

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My conclusion is that more than half of the test are invalid.

And likely more than half the deaths are primarily due to something other than the virus, but may have been exacerbated by the virus.

MM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Look at the videos hypothesis on why death rates are so high in some countries compared to others.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon

The temperature check is absolutely worthless.

Out of a workplace of sixty people, ten have now become ill and tested positive for C-19. We take temps every morning with a touchless forehead scanner. None of the sick individuals ever scanned over 98 degrees.

With morning temp at 42 to 48 degrees the last two weeks, and a 100 yd walk from the parking lot to the scanning station, my temp scan runs 93 degrees to 96 degrees each morning.

I have not heard yet of an employer doing actual oral or anal temp probes to get a real reading.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My son is going to college in Iowa. His girlfriend tested positive and then he tested positive. He got sent to isolation in an off-campus apartment with three other students who also tested positive. Out of the 5 of them, only one had symptoms, a headache and slight fever for two days.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Out of a workplace of sixty people, ten have now become ill and tested positive for C-19. We take temps every morning with a touchless forehead scanner. None of the sick individuals ever scanned over 98 degrees.

With morning temp at 42 to 48 degrees the last two weeks, and a 100 yd walk from the parking lot to the scanning station, my temp scan runs 93 degrees to 96 degrees each morning.

I have not heard yet of an employer doing actual oral or anal temp probes to get a real reading.

Yup,
went to dentist with tooth infection, they were taking temp to get in. I would obviously have a high temp from the infection. Turned AC on high, directed vent at face for 5 mins. before going in.
Got tooth fixed.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

And likely more than half the deaths are primarily due to something other than the virus, but may have been exacerbated by the virus.

MM

And while people are beside themselves that our deaths are so high I have to wonder if we still have some of the highest rates in the world in:

Obesity and Morbid Obesity
Chronic heart disease & COPD
Diabetes Type 2
Lung cancer and other illness as a result of personal decisions (drug and alcohol use, tobacco, etc)

Maybe I’m way off?? Any amateur or practicing epidemiologists here that can help?

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Here is hoping for Ab8

The tiny antibody component is the variable, heavy chain (VH) domain of an immunoglobulin, which is a type of antibody found in the blood. It was found by “fishing” in a pool of more than 100 billion potential candidates using the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as bait. Ab8 is created when the VH domain is fused to part of the immunoglobulin tail region, adding the immune functions of a full-size antibody without the bulk

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Etoh
Here is hoping for Ab8

The tiny antibody component is the variable, heavy chain (VH) domain of an immunoglobulin, which is a type of antibody found in the blood. It was found by “fishing” in a pool of more than 100 billion potential candidates using the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein as bait. Ab8 is created when the VH domain is fused to part of the immunoglobulin tail region, adding the immune functions of a full-size antibody without the bulk

Alcohol, tell me more.

I've know 100+ who have tested positive. A few had symptoms (<20). Everyone is fine. No deaths, no hospitalizations.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

I’d be shopping for a new job if they wanted to stick a thermometer up my ass every time I came to work.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by Etoh
Here is hoping for Ab8

Alcohol, tell me more.

I've know 100+ who have tested positive. A few had symptoms (<20). Everyone is fine. No deaths, no hospitalizations.

Any comorbidities among them, TR?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A mini mart/deli/gas station place 4 miles down the road has a big sign in the window telling everbody that they have to wear masks,...big red letters.

Go inside and the guy running the place is smoking a pipe and people are sitting around drinking beer. Not a mask in sight.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Should have put CDC in your title, so people don’t waste their time on horse sh it stats.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by philgood80
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

And while people are beside themselves that our deaths are so high I have to wonder if we still have some of the highest rates in the world in:

Obesity and Morbid Obesity
Chronic heart disease & COPD
Diabetes Type 2
Lung cancer and other illness as a result of personal decisions (drug and alcohol use, tobacco, etc)

Maybe I’m way off?? Any amateur or practicing epidemiologists here that can help?

I think we're also paying states forty grand for every covid death they record.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Ab8 smaller than virus, not really a vaccine, "tying" up receptor sites on covid, Not a drug in the classical sense. Can be used as a nasal spray, or imbedded in crystals (sugar) on a bandaid for time release.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,755 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.