Home
The thread about the moron keeping his children away from his Trump-supporting father got me to wondering.

Hard to imagine non-abusive parents losing touch with their own adult children but it happens. Seems to happen quite a lot to those in retirement homes and care facilities.

So who knows anyone in a situation like that?

Closest I got is a friend alienated from a sibling who they despise.
I have seen a couple families where the 2nd born lost soul did not make house payments to his dad. When his dad died, the executor deducted principal owed from the 2nd born inheritance.....Deadbeat guy feels shorted.
I know of one couple who's daughter has been turned against her parents by her husband but it wasn't because of the President.
under some or certain circumstances a step mother or step father can have an impact upon the young, or adult children or some of them.

families are not of the high spiritual that the stories about them try or attempt to portray.

all it really takes for a child to begin is an egg & sperm successfullly uniting.

that's biological and evolutionary stuff. the "story" of the family is a story.
1996 was the last time I laid eyes on anyone in my family. Didn’t go to my dad or mom’s funeral. She died in May, 2019.

Lotsa reasons that are NOYFB, but they were good reasons. I will say it wasn’t political.
Yes I do, its very sad and has torn at least one family apart that I know.
We have an orange tabby cat won’t have anything to do with us since we got our yellow lab. It moved to another house across the holler.
I have a good friend that was raised by abusive parents and will not let them close to his children. When they were old enough to understand he told them the whole story.

mike r
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have an orange tabby cat won’t have anything to do with us since we got our yellow lab. It moved to another house across the holler.

Was that cat racist?
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Was that cat racist?

I don’t know but it sure hauls ass with a full grown retriever on its six
ya at least one. but in this case its the parents who don't have anything to do with their kids because the kid is a lazy, worthless, leeching doper. i converse with the dad occasionally and he is a good, hardworking dude who seemed to raise the kid right. but the kid was a schithead from middle school on. not sure what happened there. well, besides the dope that is.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I know of one couple who's daughter has been turned against her parents by her husband but it wasn't because of the President.

I got a cousin and his wife who’s only child son married a stripper eight years older’n him. Wife and stripper hate each other, son has turned out to be a great disappointment, they ain’t seen their grandkids in years.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I got a cousin and his wife who’s only child son married a stripper eight years older’n him. Wife and stripper hate each other, son has turned out to be a great disappointment, they ain’t seen their grandkids in years.

there's ideal arrangements and outcomes, and then there's the real world.

it's quite amazing how often the real world can intrude into the ideal.
Originally Posted by Gus
Damn Gus. That’s profound. I’m savin’ it. Thanks.
Just because there’s a blood relation, doesn’t mean they are people worth having in your life. Would be nice if all parents were like the Cleavers, but there’s a lot more Archie Bunkers out there. Too many abuse and neglect cases out there to condemn anyone for cutting ties with their parents without knowing the details.
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Gus
Damn Gus. That’s profound. I’m savin’ it. Thanks.

lol. being profound and about $3.00 will buy a basic cup of black coffee.

biological children, step-children, adopted children, etc. etc. (you fill in the blank please)

we've got a ton of well trained social workers to help families smooth out the bumps in the road.

just think about the early settlers here in the usa. warn't no roads at all were there? just lots of trails.

Any pics of said stripper?
8 years like he's 20 and she's 28 or he's 52 and she's 60?
Originally Posted by Dutch
Just because there’s a blood relation, doesn’t mean they are people worth having in your life. Would be nice if all parents were like the Cleavers, but there’s a lot more Archie Bunkers out there. Too many abuse and neglect cases out there to condemn anyone for cutting ties with their parents without knowing the details.

Dutch, I’da taken Archie Bunker in a NY minute over my old man.
I haven't seen my daughter from my first marriage for over forty years. She lives about fifteen miles away with her mom.
Don't bother me a bit. I have two fantastic daughters with my second wife and couldn't be happier.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

I’m sorry, I really am.

What amazes me is that my old man, as far as I can see, was more akin to Cleaver, but both my brother and sister think he was a lot worse than Archie as well. Amazing how much difference 8 yers can make...
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Any pics of said stripper?
8 years like he's 20 and she's 28 or he's 52 and she's 60?

He was 20 and she was 28 with a kid and smoking hot, Italian, grabbed him by the Schlong and led him away. I met her once back then, she came onto me, prob’ly did to every man she met, stripper way to get control.

Now she’s in her late 40’s, I heard she still looks decent. She’s smart, and vindictive, her family has money and they have two children together. The way she has it set up if there’s a divorce she can ruin him financially plus she has the kids to hold over over him.

But mostly he has proven to be a dill, won’t cross her to bring his kids to his mom. His mom is heartbroken, his dad is pi$$ed.
Birdie, in your divorce who got the little toy poodle?

Reason I ask is that I have one now 11 years old and can’t imagine giving that little guy up to anyone for any reason.
My BIL walked away from all his family to do drugs.
My BIL is estranged from his son. Kid was a POS anyway and had to learn the hard way. Never worked a day in his life and wanted handouts.

My BIL did everything he could for the kid, but the POS listened to his mother instead and she drove the wedge between them.

Funny how things work out. BIL now thinks more of his step daughter in lieu of his own son.
Close to that stage with my son. Since about his Jr. year in High School up to now (age 30), he's mostly prone to telling us what he thinks we want to hear. How's work? Fine but actually had no job. How's the classes going? Couple A's and B's, but did not bother going to his classes. Have you been drinking? No, but being literally led around by his girl friend. And on and on and on.. Living at home but mostly avoids me and the wife. Usually surfaces for dinner and that's it. Working now, but solely at entry level jobs.

Challenge now is figuring out what to do with our estate.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
My BIL walked away from all his family to do drugs.

Sad. Drugs and alcohol are the root of so much wrong with this country.
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Archie had his faults, but he loved his daughter.
Well, if you ask the question inversely...

I stepped away from my father years ago. He got into a jam with the feds over taxes. Told me about it and said it was about cleared up, but they froze his accounts and he asked to borrow money.

I loaned him the $. Then I find out that it wasn't really about straightened out. Far from it. He hadn't hired someone to deal with the IRS, he was attempting to do it himself. All things we discussed and I suggested and he intimated he was doing. After a while, I called it in. They did pay, but my father's attitude in that and his treatment of us as kids dumb a&$es who didn't agree with him about the current state of affairs in the world etc. was more than enought for me to say vaya con dios.

Wrote him a note, either you shut up and apologize to my sister and wife, or we are done. He apologized but with qualifiers that really he was right and were were morons.

Fugg em. Don't need that sch!t in my life or my family's life.
None Mike.
To respond to the original question, my nephew has totally broken off contact with his mom, my step-sister. We couldn't figure out why. He is really a bright kid. Works as a chem engineer maybe in the PNW. Watching my step-sister totally self-destruct with TDS this summer, I am beginning to suspect he saw her tendancies early on and said screw-it.
I'm a middle age adult and wouldn't talk to my father for $100k. Everyone thought he was the greatest when I was a kid. Family friends he was great guy. Dude used to beat the livingShit out of us. Not he was punishing us he went way overboard. Beat me with a Mag lite once. I would cop to doing things wrong to take the beatings for my younger siblings. When i was 10 I made a joke he didnt like and he KO'd me right in the living room. Full force punch to the jaw and knocked me out. That was the SECOND time my Mom had to take me to school and talk her way out of having the kids taken away cause I had a clear fist print in my face. Now days we would have been gone right then. I still remember my mom yelling at him the kids were going to be taken away and him replying "Good let them live in foster care then". Now days hes addicted to pain pills piece of trash that still tries to put on a good face. Everyone eventually saw through his BS. Hes going to die alone and for good reason. He'll never know my kids. My kids don't even know he exists. Still remember the last day he threatened me. Senior year. He was 5ft 7 160 lbs. I was 6ft 240lbs. He tried to get in my face and realized if I took him down he was done. Stared at me and walked away. That day EVERYTHING changed between us. He filed for divorce from my mother 2 months later.
I had to sever emotional ties with my mom due to borderline personality disorder and a bunch of other mental stuff due to MS. She was mentally ill and destructive of every single relationship she had, and would try and destroy others’ relationships, too. She lived across the street from me until she passed last year. Was abusive to my dad, sister, wife, etc. She was never bad to my kids, but I never let her be around them alone because I truly believed she would give them meds and screw them up. We had to have many discussions about why “PP” couldn’t give them medicine EVER! She manipulated my dad so bad. Every day of their 35 year marriage he swore she loved him, every day of their marriage she told anyone who would listen that he was trying to kill her. She truly believed in her mind everyone was against her, and so she proactively burned every bridge she could.

Last 5 or so years of her life I spent every day wishing she was dead because she didn’t want to be here and she was bringing us along on her tortuous existence.

God gave me the ability to love her again before she died, and he’s giving me good feelings and thoughts now. I actually miss her.
I have a dear, long time friend who is estranged from one of her five children, her parents, and her sister. Her other 4 children tolerate her sparingly. Yeah, she has issues.
My ex wife is a narcissist,she has brainwashed 2 of our 3 girls against me. i have not seen or spoken to them in over 10 years,my middle daughter saved herself ,she
ran away to me when she was 15,testified against her mother in open court.i got custody and child support for her,i could not get the other 2,nor,did they want to come live with me.
They are lost to me,i fear forever.i had a phone consultation with a N.Y.C. forensic psychiatrist who is also a lawyer who specializes in this.he told me it could cost a $100,000.00 + in legal fees and Dr. Bills to get the other 2 away from her with no guarantee , and even then,the chance of successfully de-programming
them,was slim.i hope and pray they come back to me someday.from what little my daughter can garner off the computer,they are a mess.its a shame.some mistakes you pay forever for.

He was 20 and she was 28 with a kid and smoking hot, Italian, grabbed him by the Schlong and led him away. I met her once back then, she came onto me, prob’ly did to every man she met, stripper way to get control.

LOL

Tabby is protesting yellow privilege. Expect burning and looting any day.
My sister-in-law (my wife's sister) is estranged from her 34-year old son (my nephew), his wife, and 2 grandkids. This son is my SIL's only child. She was divorced when the son was about 2-years old and she raised him on her own, worked her rear off, had him in private schools. Was a great mother to him. He met this selfish, whacked-out girl in college, got married a year after graduation. He's an engineer, wife a nurse. Smart people. His job has moved him to several different cities in the Midwest and Ohio valley areas. My SIL would occasionally visit. Long story short, there were a few family incidents/problems that arose and the daughter-in-law basically drove my nephew and his mom apart. The family lives in Pennsylvania and my SIL in Missouri and they have forbidden my SIL from seeing her grandkids (ages 10 and 8) basically, forever. I can't really comprehend how an adult child can turn on his parent and do and say the things he has to her; basically, she cries herself to sleep every night. A 64-year old grandmother who can never see or even have any communication with her grandchildren. Very sad. I pray that the son will have a change of heart and the courage to do the right thing and forgive and forget. At least maybe when the grandkids are old enough to be on their own things will change but who knows if my SIL will still be alive at that point....
When I was a kid my Mom used to beat the hell out of me with a wooden board. I got it about twice a month, for 10 or 11 years.
It caused me a lot of problems, when I was 8 years old, I had a recurrent nightmare about being chased around my house by a Wicked Witch. And the witch had
my Mom's face. I would wake up sweating from that nightmare and I had it repeatedly for years.

Finally, I was 15 years old, she came up into my bedroom, mad about something, and she pulled my belt out of my pants that were setting on the chair there, and she was screaming at me and was going to give me a whipping with my own belt. At that point, she hadn't hit me in about a year.
And I realized, I was a varsity football player, I was lifting weights, and I was bigger and stronger than the old bitch.
I grabbed the belt out of her hands, and told her to get the hell out of my room. And I said "You have hit me for the last time!"

She ran from the room crying. She never tried to hit me again.
That was a turning point in my life, I realized that I had physical strength and could stand up to evil forces in the universe.
And, I realized that there are physical bullies in the world, who will beat you up, just because they are stronger than you are.
That is why I took karate for 3 years, and that is why I have loaded pistols in the house. I don't intend to be bullied any more. If a bully knows
you will fight back and they might get hurt, they will go looking for someone who is weak.

She died a month ago, I don't miss her much. I see stories on tv or in the movies where someone describes their Mom as their best friend. That idea is just mind boggling to me, that you could be friends with your mom.
One, girl got on dope, got her a black man, and started dropping babies, haven't heard if she's dead or alive since around 89 I guess, her Pappy shunned her no good ass.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
When I was a kid my Mom used to beat the hell out of me with a wooden board. I got it about twice a month, for 10 or 11 years.
It caused me a lot of problems, when I was 8 years old, I had a recurrent nightmare about being chased around my house by a Wicked Witch. And the witch had
my Mom's face. I would wake up sweating from that nightmare and I had it repeatedly for years.

Finally, I was 15 years old, she came up into my bedroom, mad about something, and she pulled my belt out of my pants that were setting on the chair there, and she was screaming at me and was going to give me a whipping with my own belt. At that point, she hadn't hit me in about a year.
And I realized, I was a varsity football player, I was lifting weights, and I was bigger and stronger than the old bitch.
I grabbed the belt out of her hands, and told her to get the hell out of my room. And I said "You have hit me for the last time!"

That was a turning point in my life, I realized that I had physical strength and could stand up to evil forces in the universe.
And, I realized that there are physical bullies in the world, who will beat you up, just because they are stronger than you are.
That is why I took karate for 3 years, and that is why I have loaded pistols in the house. I don't intend to be bullied any more. If a bully knows
you will fight back and they might get hurt, they will go looking for someone who is weak.

She died a month ago, I don't miss her much. I see stories on tv or in the movies where someone describes their Mom as their best friend. That idea is just mind boggling to me, that you could be friends with your mom.

Damn, that sucks SK, Mom popped me on the cheek for saying something smart when I was about 14, I grabbed her arms at the wrists and said please don't ever do that again, i said you can take that belt and whip me till you cant swing it anymore, just don't hit me in the face.

When a young boy looks at his mothers face and see's a hammer/hatchet handle protruding from her head, you have to let them know, I believe neither moms or young boys have a handle on a young mans potential aggression and control of the bang switch, she cried while I had her wrists, and said she'd never hit me in the face again, I was happy, her butt whippings didn't hurt anyway. grin
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Reason I ask is that I have one now 11 years old and can’t imagine giving that little guy up to anyone for any reason.

When my Ex left she left everyone, including me, along with our with three dogs and two cats.
Originally Posted by Crusader
My sister-in-law (my wife's sister) is estranged from her 34-year old son (my nephew), his wife, and 2 grandkids. This son is my SIL's only child. She was divorced when the son was about 2-years old and she raised him on her own, worked her rear off, had him in private schools. Was a great mother to him. He met this selfish, whacked-out girl in college, got married a year after graduation. He's an engineer, wife a nurse. Smart people. His job has moved him to several different cities in the Midwest and Ohio valley areas. My SIL would occasionally visit. Long story short, there were a few family incidents/problems that arose and the daughter-in-law basically drove my nephew and his mom apart. The family lives in Pennsylvania and my SIL in Missouri and they have forbidden my SIL from seeing her grandkids (ages 10 and 8) basically, forever. I can't really comprehend how an adult child can turn on his parent and do and say the things he has to her; basically, she cries herself to sleep every night. A 64-year old grandmother who can never see or even have any communication with her grandchildren. Very sad. I pray that the son will have a change of heart and the courage to do the right thing and forgive and forget. At least maybe when the grandkids are old enough to be on their own things will change but who knows if my SIL will still be alive at that point....

I would write him a letter. This is worth the effort.
My 2 brother in laws have no contact with their children or grandchildren...historically, there was no abuse, simply neglect. They were always "too busy" for children. I suspect they are lonely in their old age now, they are on the phone to my wife a lot, but it's too late for their kids, they burned their bridges long ago. My opinion is, kids require an investment of the most precious commodity of all, your time and patience.

When my Ex left she left everyone, including me, along with our with three dogs and two cats.

Who got the family Bible?
My parents won't return my calls or texts.

Which is hurtful because I really need to borrow more money if I'm going to get the motorcycle I want.
i once had a son, stepson, but still we both identified as son, in process of dieing from breast cancer. introduced my first cousin to the family, big mistake. I was semisupporting the family, very rough time. my cousin in had been estranged from for years due to his evil nature, wife convinced me to give him another chance. found out from daughter in laws relative she, the daughter in law most likely banging this cousin while son on death bed.
shortly after his death, talking on the phone to cousin, said he had had a wild weekend, puts daughter in law on phone. i told them both, no mas, goodbye. t hat has been about 15years ago. sad part is son had children now adults with kids of their own, that don't know my wife, their grandmother.
All of this is okay with them, as cousin is quite wealthy and they stand to get quite a bit of money when he dies.
said cousin defrauded his own mother and sister too.
I tell people he has the mark of cain on his forehead.
I know a guy, who I no longer consider a friend, who ostracized his daughter causing her two sisters and mom to ostracize her also. She married a guy with different religious views than him. Supposedly followed “biblical guidelines”. He has a grandchild or two that have pretty much not known their extended family. I think that the guy would send Christmas presents. SMH. Family is family no matter what good or bad. It ain’t always easy and sometimes it’s near impossible but disowning a child is a bridge too far for me.
Originally Posted by deflave

Which is hurtful because I really need to borrow more money if I'm going to get the motorcycle I want.

Hey we are all brothers here,,, how much you need?
My wife is estranged from her dad. When she was little he took a job across the country managing a nursing home. The plan was for him to get established, then move his family out there. He starting banging the laundry lady at the nursing home almost immediately. Her husband had recently died under some suspicions circumstances, and she had a young son. He ended up leaving his family, marrying the laundry lady, and raising her son. Leaving my wife and her brothers bouncing around from rent house to rent house. While he lived a lavish life of beach houses, and boats, and new cars. Using the college degree my wife’s mother had paid for to BS his way into all kinds of high paying City Government management positions. We’ve gone out to see him a couple times, but it’s nothing more than listening to him brag about how successful he’s been. And showing off whatever new boat, or other toy he’s purchased. And talking about what a great father he is. We quit going, wife quit talking to him.

Who got the family Bible?

Left that here too.
Just one, sad really
My "kids" (all adults) haven't had anything to do with their mother for almost 5 years. She no longer "exists" to them.
Between them and her!
my dad has not talked to my youngest brother since shortly after my mom died, he came to my house let himself into my dads apt and took some documents relate to our mother from my dads gun safe. we found out after she had died that she had been paying his bills so now he blames us for all his failures, his Business failing and losing jobs and stuff. His problems are because of his personalty he offends people, has no filters and is a paranoid person.

if I woulda done that to my mother my father would have beaten the hell out of me
Will agree with the earlier statements that it doesn't matter if its blood relative or not. Some things are intolerable.

If you want to be estranged from me, drugs will do it. Any level of drugs whatsoever.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my dad has not talked to my youngest brother since shortly after my mom died, he came to my house let himself into my dads apt and took some documents relate to our mother from my dads gun safe. we found out after she had died that she had been paying his bills so now he blames us for all his failures, his Business failing and losing jobs and stuff. His problems are because of his personalty he offends people, has no filters and is a paranoid person.

Deflave is your brother???

This too shall pass.

You may have been blessed in a roundabout way.
[

This too shall pass.

You may have been blessed in a roundabout way.

Its rough when they leave, worse if they don't.
I keep saying to young parents
:
If you raise them wrong, they never move out. They stay in the basement playing video games and doing drugs.
If you raise them right, they move out. They don't need you for anything and you are left lonely.

When asked if there is no hope, I say "grandkids"
Family and relatives aren't necessarily the same people.

I was a shock when I got married and realized my wife's family actually like each other for the most part. I'd never known anything like that.
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD

if I woulda done that to my mother my father would have beaten the hell out of me

Doesn't say much for your dad.

LOL
Originally Posted by 79S

Are you gonna send a barrel of whale oil?
Originally Posted by 79S

Are you gonna send a barrel of whale oil?

I’m in Alaska not Maine.. Also you interested in some 22 LR ammo for you $75 a brick
© 24hourcampfire