Home
Maybe GenX at this point, too.

No red or purple.
Have one scheduled for next month,was thinking orange,or purple.
I stick with the original yaller or 'ranj. Nunna that blue shift for me.
Straight water....just the way the Creator created it.

But, given that you're losing electrolytes, I'd go with chicken broth or bouillon. Matter of fact, I think that's what I did.
Purple verboten, according to the nurse.
You'll glop it so fast, well wait, something clear.
You can, if you want to cheat, spike it with vodka. It goes though so fast it's a waste. laugh
I’m due for one, can’t wait!
Glacier cherry
No orange either. Supposedly.

Too bad cause grape frost is ma fav.
The light blue colored "frost glacier freeze" flavor is the best.
Grape and only grape.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Pick one you don't like... I went with the original ..... and it was 6 Months before I could even look at that kind again.....
Think I Went with the ice blue one. I'm only 40 but family history made it a good idea
I wonder if an electrolyte enhanced water would work, like bourbon?
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Yup, this is good stuff
They have a “white cherry”

That one is good too.
i'm going to have one done, can i still have some bud lite.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Glacier cherry

This one. I think it's Frost Glacier Cherry.
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Pick one you don't like... I went with the original ..... and it was 6 Months before I could even look at that kind again.....

Pretty much this^

More important is really soft tp and a good charge on your phone laugh
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
[quote=2ndwind]Pick one you don't like... I went with the original ..... and it was 6 Months before I could even look at that kind again.....

I agree. I used blue and still can’t stand to drink it now.
I picked an Indian doc to do mine. Because I’ll probably never have to worry about casually bumping into her at a walmart or kroger, ever.

That would be a weird encounter over near the carrots or the cans of sloppy joe.
I usually do the Lemon Lime flavor. I have one scheduled for next month.
Calling from my memory of such vast, obscure matters

Elvis always traveled with gatorade, I even remember seeing it on the Lisa Marie.

Lemon-lime, back when that was the only way, and in the glass bottles.

1. Take the pills instead.

2. Schit in a cup and send it in.

g
Originally Posted by slumlord
I picked an Indian doc to do mine. Because I’ll probably never have to worry about casually bumping into her at a walmart or kroger, ever.

That would be a weird encounter over near the carrots or the cans of sloppy joe.

After all said and done did you have to wait in recovery room (full of people in the same predicament) till you farted out loud?
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
I wonder if an electrolyte enhanced water would work, like bourbon?

TFF
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i'm going to have one done, can i still have some bud lite.

You're going to have a butt light
Get the blue. You want something that you can drink but nothing you really like, because you won't like it afterwards due to the connotations with the colonoscopy. Here's an important thing---blot, don't wipe. You'll end up with baboon butt.

Interesting, I specifically told my GP I would not have an Indian Gastroenterologist do my colonoscopy.
This guy ran a group of primarily Indian doctors racing each other to see who could do the most in a day and reusing single use bottles of happy juice spreading Hep C throughout our population.
Come to America, get rich quick, screw the patients.
Thankfully, he died in captivity.

Dr, Dipak Desai

I went with classic Lemon-Lime.
When I did my last one, ten years ago, I went with green.

Swear to God I work up in the middle of it and saw on the camera green drops on my colon wall. Reminded me of that scene in Andromeda Strain where they see the alien goop the satellite scoop's mesh.

Thinking clear or white this time.
Originally Posted by GeoW
1. Take the pills instead.

2. Schit in a cup and send it in.

g

That ain't gonna get the polyps snipped.

They clipped a couple polyps when I was 58 and they got a couple more this summer at 64.

Dr tells me, "no polyps....no colon cancer."

As for the systemic flush, Dulcolax, followed by Miralax in lemon-lime Gatorade. I hate Gatorade and have to force myself to drink it on the best of days. So it did not matter much which flavor I chose.
mine is scheduled for 9 November.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

As for the systemic flush, Dulcolax, followed by Miralax in lemon-lime Gatorade. I hate Gatorade and have to force myself to drink it on the best of days. So it did not matter much which flavor I chose.

That’s what I did. That stuff tasted like cat piss! Didn’t drink Gatorade for a LONG time afterwards. 🤮
Originally Posted by GeoW

After all said and done did you have to wait in recovery room (full of people in the same predicament) till you farted out loud?

If I did, it was before the Propofol wore off. I have no memory of any discomfort, or flatulence.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Interesting, I specifically told my GP I would not have an Indian Gastroenterologist do my colonoscopy.
This guy ran a group of primarily Indian doctors racing each other to see who could do the most in a day and reusing single use bottles of happy juice spreading Hep C throughout our population.

Dr, Dipak Desai

There is that too

But I’m at a university medical center and she is an associate professor in some bizarre realm of assology. She was kinda hot too. Not full/blown wash her clothes in the Ganges River with a dead cow floating by Indian.

Thinking maybe she came from “motel 6 money”
Wow Steve, you're a brave man asking for that kind of advice on this forum- or just really bored? wink

Never had the opportunity to use Gatorade, but might give it a try next year for my next scheduled scoping..... last time they gave me that awful minty flavored milk of magnesia type of regurgitated gargle water and I forced it down as per directions- but I wasn't happy about it.... wink Worked as advertised though....

I think my next one will be my third or fourth one- don't really care, I just want to get it over with. My first one I was just about to go to sleep after the doc's preliminary butt inspection and I heard somebody say "Hi Bob!"... one of the nurses was a good friend of my wife... hope she enjoyed it because I went to sleep about 3 seconds after that...

Bob
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Dr, Dipak Desai

There is that too

But I’m at a university medical center and she is an associate professor in some bizarre realm of assology. She was kinda hot too. Not full/blown wash her clothes in the Ganges River with a dead cow floating by Indian.

Thinking maybe she came from “motel 6 money”

LMAO! Classic Slumlord poetry!
Riptide Rush
Lemonade
Green apple
WTF
Mix different flavors as you go ie in the cup/thermos etc. If you mix the whole contents of all the same flavor you’ll hate it before you’re done.
Vodka
I'm not sure where the Gatorade angle comes from. I was told to drink a pint of magnesium citrate chased with a quart of water,....twice.

I think the second pint was overkill. The first one flushed me out good.
Originally Posted by Sheister
Wow Steve, you're a brave man asking for that kind of advice on this forum- or just really bored? wink

Never had the opportunity to use Gatorade, but might give it a try next year for my next scheduled scoping..... last time they gave me that awful minty flavored milk of magnesia type of regurgitated gargle water and I forced it down as per directions- but I wasn't happy about it.... wink Worked as advertised though....

I think my next one will be my third or fourth one- don't really care, I just want to get it over with. My first one I was just about to go to sleep after the doc's preliminary butt inspection and I heard somebody say "Hi Bob!"... one of the nurses was a good friend of my wife... hope she enjoyed it because I went to sleep about 3 seconds after that...

Bob

Ha! Just bored. Last time I tried to get my wife to write with a sharpie on my ass, "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here." She wouldn't do it.

I had to use the citrate stuff last time. God it was bad. This time I got the prescription prep. We'll see...
I'm not sure where the Gatorade angle comes from. I was told to drink a pint of magnesium citrate chased with a quart of water,....twice.

They suggest it due to electrolyte loss. Probably overkill.
G2 Lemon Lime.
Calling from my memory of such vast, obscure matters

Elvis always traveled with gatorade, I even remember seeing it on the Lisa Marie.

Lemon-lime, back when that was the only way, and in the glass bottles.

I rememember when my buddy bashed in a mescan guys head at a circle K in robstown with one of those glass bottles. Was epic.
but seriously can i have a bud light the day before.

The last one I had the doc told me the after it was all over that I could drank all the beer I wanted to the night before.
Originally Posted by victoro

The last one I had the doc told me the after it was all over that I could drank all the beer I wanted to the night before.

cool, i'll be relaxed going in.
Originally Posted by Steve
When I did my last one, ten years ago, I went with green.

Swear to God I work up in the middle of it and saw on the camera green drops on my colon wall. Reminded me of that scene in Andromeda Strain where they see the alien goop the satellite scoop's mesh.

Thinking clear or white this time.

Yup. NO color.

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

If I did, it was before the Propofol wore off. I have no memory of any discomfort, or flatulence.[/quote]
Same. Sad I missed that asspect based on videos posted. 😂

Basically water.
Originally Posted by Steve
Purple verboten, according to the nurse.

Bone broth from Costco with a dash of Himalayan salt.Been there done that
only thing that worries me is going under, when they put pins in my finger when that damn dog attacked me my heart stopped and they had to resuscitate me, and i saw it all while it happened and remembered after i came too.
only thing that worries me is going under, when they put pins in my finger when that damn dog attacked me my heart stopped and they had to resuscitate me, and i saw it all while it happened and remembered after i came too.

Make sure you tell your docs that, especially the anesthesiologists.
This sucks, says the 50 year old...
I've had "the procedure" twice... I think they use a more concentrated "flushing agent" now.... I still remember the first time ... just staring at the last of the Gatorade and thinking if I don't get this all down all this effort might be a waste.....
Originally Posted by ironbender

Make sure you tell your docs that, especially the anesthesiologists.

I will but what I'm saying is i guess what i had was an out of body experience, was kind a cool, when the Dr told me what happened I just said I know.
Ain't this about like asking which of your neighbor's dogs you'd prefer to take a schit in your front yard?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're welcome.

FC
I'm @ T-minus 3 weeks for the next one. For the last one, I used yellow or orange GatorAid, IIRC. It was certainly effective, & garnered no complaints from those doing the procedure. Oddly enough, by the last quart, it was kinda fun: a pleasant warm, moist sensation, with no mess. Like a "reverse bidet", if you will...

The only hiccup was when the happy juice wore off, & the Dr lady steering the ColonCam kept ignoring my shouts that it hurt like hell, and all of my exhortations for her to stop. I don't think she believed I was awake 'til I reached back & dug my thumb into the pressure point on the bottom of her wrist. Oddly enough, she ended the it right then & there.

Good luck, Roger.

FC
Thanks for the visualization.
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're welcome.

FC

I like the way you think.

B. A few years ago, for my first procedure, "Go Lightly" prescription was the standard. It was a powder you mixed with water. I do not know what the active ingredient was. But the electrolytes were in the mix.

Today, with the common reliance on Miralax (polyethylene glycol) which is a soluble powder, one needs a solvent for consumption.

Gatorade is a solvent for the powder and supplies electrolytes.
They told me lemon lime original was all I was allowed to drink beside chicken broth and water. They knocked me completely out and the procedure took 7 minutes or so I am told.
I never hear of womens gettin colonscoped

What up wit dat?
Mine tasted just fine the way it was, not that big of a deal. Make sure you ask the nurse if they wouldn't mind doing a drive by on the old prostate, seeing how they go right by it!

What up wit dat?

Maybe they just don't talk about it? My sister had one done a couple of years ago when she was 54 - she had low iron levels or something, but was all good with the scope results.
I had my 4th about a month ago. I use Frost flavored Gatorade to chase the prep solution. I find it really helps. Just a small amount of the Gatorade after I swallow the prep stops the aftertaste.

They started me at 41 due to dad's history. My wife has had 2 now.

The last 2 were a lot better than the 1st 2. It is getting better

What up wit dat?

The Warden just had one about 6 mos ago.
Just got the paperwork for mine next month,
No red or purple liquids,smoothies,milkshakes
(Roger) no alcoholic beverages
It took over a year for BCBS to pay
Originally Posted by rong

What up wit dat?

The Warden just had one about 6 mos ago.

The wife's had two. She's on the 5 year plan due to family history. I'm on the 10 year plan. I bitch about it 4 times as much, though.
© 24hourcampfire