Home
Posted By: CashisKing Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
My son is in 10th Grade.

He is in his sixth week of school.

It is a very wealthy School District.

He is taking German III.

His previous German teacher quit last year.

His new German teacher does not speak a word of German. The teacher was a diversity hire.

I have become vocal how about this anomaly and been called a racist. My insistence that a German teacher actually speak German has been called "Hate speech".

Observing his math coursework virtually on the computer it is my belief that is math teacher would be unable to balance a checkbook if their life depended on it.

Honest question, is it racist to expect a plumber to know how to plumb pipe?

Is it racist to expect a doctor to know to how to use a stethoscope?

Is it racist to think that we need school vouchers now?

Your opinion matters.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Your a racist if you think anything the left doesn't believe in. They label anyone "racist" to shut them up. You asked . MB
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Yes and you should get behind reparations. It will make everything better just as affirmative action has.
Posted By: shaman Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
My first reaction would be to write an editorial to the local newspaper. In it, I would praise the teacher and the district highly for this gutsy move.

At our 20th high school reunion, they read one of my editorials lauding the administration for not making teachers wait in line for food in the cafeteria. I was highly supportive of the whole thing and lined out all the reasons I liked it so much. It taught us to always set aside rules for those who wielded power, to never question authority, to make sure those who handed out paychecks and grades were properly stroked, etc. It was a long laundry list. The practice was halted within a week and the faculty got to the back of the line like everyone else.

Of course, German should be taught by someone ignorant of the language, and it should not be the parents place to worry their pretty little heads. Besides, what use is German anyway these days? It is a dying language and although 60% of Americans have German heritage, this should be stomped on at every opportunity in recognition that we are facing a New World Order and language skills and cultural diversity are unnecessary.

Blah. Blah. You get the idea.

If that doesn't work, go to the next board meeting with a series of question in German and ask that the German teacher respond at the next meeting in German and hire a translator.

Posted By: Springcove Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Nope.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
The new definition of racist is.....

A word used when you have nothing to win an argument with.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
No, it isn't racist but the cry of racism is the refuge of the incompetent. Not understanding why someone would study German unless it is still required for a chemistry degree. My kids school only taught French which I thought was fairly useless compared to Spanish. My son's girlfriend's mother is fluent in Spanish and English as is a former USFS agent I worked with. They are both in high demand as go to translators in the court systems they work in. My nephew in law is the son of a Mexican immigrant and is fluent in Spanish and speaks English with no accent other than redneck. He is quite valuable to the company he works for.
Here's another fun exercise:

Send this to your kid's German teacher and see if she can give you a rough translation:

[Linked Image]

Publish everything on a Facebook page.

Bonus points if you can tell me what I just pasted .

Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Thanks Shaman! I read first sentence and knew it!!

As to the OP

Völlinger wahnsinn!!!!
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Your a racist if you think anything the left doesn't believe in. They label anyone "racist" to shut them up. You asked . MB

This.
Posted By: efw Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Sorry to hear about this but it’s a long time coming. Our first mistake is thinking that public schools are for anything other than indoctrinating our youth into leftist progressivism. A private school might be the only answer.

Of course Shaman’s suggestion sounds fun if you have the energy for controversy. I like it but the fact is I’m too old for that [bleep].

Who knows? Maybe the other parents of the district think like us and will react to Shaman’s approach if you can get the letter published and enough people read it?
Posted By: MM879 Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
The only person qualified on the forum to determine if the OP's reaction is racist would be Slumlord. Understanding the Slum’s decision would require the KKK’s 27th level secret decoder ring.
Bonus tricks:

Have your kid write:

Mein Lehrer ist so dumm wie drei Meter Gartenweg

on the chalkboard. See how long it takes the teacher to figure it out. If that doesn't get her try:

"Mein Lehrer fickt für Busgeld und geht dann nach Hause."

My German is rusty, but it should still get the point across.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Mumblestugen weisemheimer!
Posted By: Dess Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Classic example of those who can't do...teach.

It could be argued a football coach teaches things they can't physically do...but they still know the subject matter so well to know correct from incorrect in all aspects.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Your kid is more qualified to teach the class than the idiot they hired.

Hate speech
Racist
And you might own a firearm

Now you’re red flagged..

I remember when Va was the breadbasket of the south, now it’s the toilet.
......and don’t stop pushing the issue. Being called a racist is on par with being called the “n” word. Feel free to respond accordingly.
Posted By: JB in SC Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Originally Posted by Hastings
No, it isn't racist but the cry of racism is the refuge of the incompetent. Not understanding why someone would study German unless it is still required for a chemistry degree. My kids school only taught French which I thought was fairly useless compared to Spanish. My son's girlfriend's mother is fluent in Spanish and English as is a former USFS agent I worked with. They are both in high demand as go to translators in the court systems they work in. My nephew in law is the son of a Mexican immigrant and is fluent in Spanish and speaks English with no accent other than redneck. He is quite valuable to the company he works for.

German is a common language in international business, we used German translators for our European and middle eastern machinery business. We have a fair amount of German manufacturers in the area.
Our German teacher was a young blond version of Rip Taylor. He acquired the nickname "Pfirsiche," although we could never say it to his face. I refused to take German, because that dude's eyes were on me constantly. He quit teaching after he got his law degree and now you see him every once in a while on local TV news expressing the LGBTXYZ side of things.

Blech!
Posted By: sactoller Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Originally Posted by shaman
Bonus tricks:

Have your kid write:

Mein Lehrer ist so dumm wie drei Meter Gartenweg

on the chalkboard. See how long it takes the teacher to figure it out. If that doesn't get her try:

"Mein Lehrer fickt für Busgeld und geht dann nach Hause."

My German is rusty, but it should still get the point across.

My German is even rustier and I got it!
Originally Posted by 16bore

I remember when Va was the breadbasket of the south, now it’s the toilet.

Thanks to the massive expansion of the Federal Government since the 1960s. All its employees have to live somewhere.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
You are only a racist if you think she can't speak German because she's black.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
I’m of German heritage, second generation. Not sure why anyone would take that language, unless there is a very specific career issue.
Suggest you consider a different school. If possible.
Good luck.
I worked with an Iraqi national who’s German was impeccable. Young kid.

Last summer I was stopped in parking lot of our large local grocer by a non Turkish, middle eastern couple trying to sell me jewelry. I answered the woman in German and she just started really " slinging the bat" back to me as I burst out laughing!!!
Since it’s German 3, the students are already well versed so tell them to ONLY speak in German. It’ll blow the teachers mind. Especially with intermittent laughter.
20 and 30 years ago there were still many 3rd and 4th generation German speakers in the area. Today now near as many. Still a pretty good bit further west in hill country.

Daughter in laws grandmother still speaks German. As do some of the rest of her family.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
The kid could do worse than learn German, especially if there’s a lot of German folks in the area. Languages have a way of increasing mental agility for those who learn them young. I’ve learned languages from teachers that were far from native speakers - one of my German teachers in High School was named “Wolfgang”, indicating his parents were almost certainly “wrong” in the war - he was a native speaker, with a big crush on Goethe. But just about all were at least fluent.

If this teacher isn’t at least conversant in the language she’s accepted to teach, she needs to be dismissed for incompetence. End of story.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
I'm told many Methodist churches in Iowa spoke German up to WW2.
Since it’s German 3, the students are already well versed so tell them to ONLY speak in German. It’ll blow the teachers mind. Especially with intermittent laughter.

Oooow! I like that. That's got real style. I'm sure, with a little encouragement, your kid can whomp up a serious psy-op campaign.

I know! Have them sing the Panzerlied every day before class! Make it as menacing as possible.

and then randomly get up and sing German drinking songs throughout the class. Be loud, be boisterous and ignore the teacher completely.

A few weeks of that and you'll have that Schweinehund running from the building.

Posted By: wabigoon Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
I'm told many Methodist churches in Iowa spoke German up to WW2.
Richard!

Whats funny is the old story from Fredericksburg Tx. In 1917 Texas legislature outlawed the speaking of the German language in public. One black family in that town and they spoke little English. The patriarch of that family stated it was ridiculous that they could not speak their mother tongue in their own country. As far as he knew everyone in Texas spoke German.
Posted By: SPQR70AD Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20

another indication the Reconquista is going according to plan
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
......and don’t stop pushing the issue. Being called a racist is on par with being called the “n” word. Feel free to respond accordingly.

....... Exactly..... Being a conservative right leaning American of a solid 50 per cent German heritage I highly resent being called a "Nazi". To me it's the equivalent of the "N" word and I'm OFFENDED by it... It TRIGGERS me and it's not only "Hate Speech", but outright "Bigotry", "Prejudice", and an exercise in "Stereotyping" and "Ethnic slurs". Funny how the left can engage in unlimited verbal abuse with no consequences while anyone else is held to their strict standards of politically correct speech patterns. I've about had it with their one way "free speech" B.S..
Posted By: sse Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
quite the absurdity
Only local church I know of that still has services in German is the Lutheran church over at Fedor Tx.
Posted By: centershot Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
.....being qualified for the job you are hired to do is not racism.

Back her into the chalkboard with this one.
My fav!

This was my grandmother's favorite song. It would please me greatly to know kid's compatriots had chased that teacher singing it:

Posted By: Hastings Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
I used to have a sister in law that taught high school Spanish and could not converse in Spanish. I once had a group of Mexican tree planters that were fishing without licenses. They came up with the no speak English protest. I got my sister in law on the cell phone and told her to explain to these folks that they had to go to the store up the road and buy non-resident license. She told me "oh no I can't do conversation". I got the waitress at the local Mexican restaurant to teach me enough to ask a Mexican for a fishing license. After that they would usually admit to understanding English. I would get an "oh sh-t" look from them when I said "licencia de pesca".
. . . and when the teacher tries to take control, somebody get up and demand that the winners of the "essay contest" read their entries. Have everyone write absolutely the most bizarre German drivel they can manage and read them to the class as if it was a most serious homework assignment.
Originally Posted by shaman
This was my grandmother's favorite song. It would please me greatly to know kid's compatriots had chased that teacher singing it:

After all, it is Oktober!!!!!😁😁😁
When all else fails, pass a copy of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland (German Translation) around and take turns reading from it out loud.

Whatever happens, refuse to speak English to the teacher during class.

Take control. Do not be swayed.
Locally made!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
pretty much
Posted By: Dess Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Maybe German poetry in the form of a limerick.

There once was a man from Munich...
From the Napoleonic wars. Lützlow’s

I used to have a sister in law that taught high school Spanish and could not converse in Spanish. I once had a group of Mexican tree planters that were fishing without licenses. They came up with the no speak English protest. I got my sister in law on the cell phone and told her to explain to these folks that they had to go to the store up the road and buy non-resident license. She told me "oh no I can't do conversation". I got the waitress at the local Mexican restaurant to teach me enough to ask a Mexican for a fishing license. After that they would usually admit to understanding English. I would get an "oh sh-t" look from them when I said "licencia de pesca".

Yep, there's Spanish then there's spanish. Friend of mine minored in Spanish. Lived a year in Spain. He speaks Spanish. He went with another friend to Mexico. He could mostly figure out what they were saying but could not converse so they could understand him.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
pretty much

For Jorge!

Or how about a discussion of "What is your favorite Einstürzende Neubauten song and why?"

. . . or put on an impromptu rendering of this:

. . . or how about a little comedy:

Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
I wasn't raised to be a racist. [bleep] made me a racist. I know very few blacks that are not racist. That after years working in the city and then 24 years working in a prison. I have nothing for a black and unfortunately it is not easy to stop being on guard if a black is near me in a social situation even going to the store in my small community. And they repeatedly reinforce my ideas. In April I went to Walmart and was social distancing in the checkout line and a black woman stuck her cart in the space between my cart and the checkout and started slamming her stuff on the belt. Didn't think my SIG P220 would be welcome so I just let her do it. If I daid anything it would be uncomplimentary. Someone should tell them if they don't want to be called [bleep] don't act like one!!! Be Well, RZ.
Not for the faint of heart! But damn funny!!

Posted By: local_dirt Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Originally Posted by CashisKing
My son is in 10th Grade.

He is in his sixth week of school.

It is a very wealthy School District.

He is taking German III.

His previous German teacher quit last year.

His new German teacher does not speak a word of German. The teacher was a diversity hire.

I have become vocal how about this anomaly and been called a racist. My insistence that a German teacher actually speak German has been called "Hate speech".

Observing his math coursework virtually on the computer it is my belief that is math teacher would be unable to balance a checkbook if their life depended on it.

Honest question, is it racist to expect a plumber to know how to plumb pipe?

Is it racist to expect a doctor to know to how to use a stethoscope?

Is it racist to think that we need school vouchers now?

Your opinion matters.

Shoot yourself.

Save the commies the trouble
To the tune of Meatloaf's "Everything Louder than Everything Else."

Wasted youth! Wasted youth!

I know that I will never be politically correct
And I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette
As far as I'm concerned, the world could still be flat
And if the thrill is gone, then it's time to take it back
If the thrill is gone, then it's time to take it back . . .

Vergeudete Jugend! Vergeudete Jugend!

Ich weiß, dass ich niemals politisch korrekt sein werde
Und mir ist mein Mangel an Etikette egal
Für mich könnte die Welt immer noch flach sein
Und wenn der Nervenkitzel weg ist, ist es Zeit, ihn zurückzunehmen
Wenn der Nervenkitzel weg ist, ist es Zeit, ihn zurückzunehmen

Wer bin ich? Warum bin ich hier?
Vergiss die Fragen, jemand gibt mir noch ein Bier
Was ist der Sinn des Lebens, was ist der Sinn von allem?
Du musst tanzen lernen, bevor du krabbeln lernst
Du musst tanzen lernen, bevor du krabbeln lernst

Melden Sie also alle Ihre rohen Rekruten an,
Wirf diese Designeranzüge weg
Du hast deine Waffen gespannt,
Ihre Ziele im Visier
Irgendwo auf der Welt tobt eine Party
Du musst deinem Land dienen,
Muss dein Mädchen bedienen
Sie sind alle in den Armeen der Nacht eingetragen

Und ich bin nicht wegen der Macht dabei,
Und ich bin nicht für meine Gesundheit dabei
Ich bin überhaupt nicht zum Ruhm da
Und ich bin sicher nicht für den Reichtum dabei
Aber ich bin dabei, bis es vorbei ist und ich einfach nicht mehr aufhören kann
Wenn du es schaffen willst,
Du musst es selbst tun
Und ich mag meine Musik, wie ich mein Leben mag
Alles lauter als alles andere,

Sie haben eine Akte über mich und sie ist eine Meile lang
Und sie sagen, dass sie alle Beweise bekommen haben
Dass ich nur ein weiterer Fall von Entwicklungsstillstand bin
Und nur eine weitere verschwendete Jugend

Sie sagen, dass ich radikale Disziplin brauche
Sie sagen, ich muss mich der Wahrheit stellen
Dass ich nur ein weiterer Fall von Entwicklungsstillstand bin
Und nur eine weitere verschwendete Jugend

Sie sagen, ich bin wild und ich bin rücksichtslos,
(wild, wild, wild)
Ich sollte in meinem Alter handeln
Ich bin ein beeindruckbares Kind in einer turbulenten Welt
Und sie sagen, ich bin in einer schwierigen Phase

Aber es scheint mir das Gegenteil zu sein
Von all dem Mist, den sie auf die Seite bringen werden
Dass eine verschwendete Jugend bei weitem besser ist
Als ein weises und produktives Alter
Eine verschwendete Jugend ist bei weitem besser

Wenn Sie meine Ansichten der Geschichte wollen
Dann gibt es etwas, das Sie wissen sollten
Die drei Männer, die ich am meisten bewundere
Sind Curly, Larry und Mo!
Wenn Sie sich keine Sorgen um die Zukunft machen,
Früher oder später ist es Vergangenheit
Und wenn sie sagen, der Nervenkitzel ist weg,
Dann ist es Zeit, es zurückzunehmen
Wenn der Nervenkitzel weg ist,
Dann ist es Zeit, es zurückzunehmen

Melden Sie also alle Ihre rohen Rekruten an,
Wirf all diese Zwei-Bit-Anzüge weg
Du hast deine Waffen gespannt,
Ihre Ziele im Visier
Irgendwo auf der Welt tobt eine Party
Du musst deinem Land dienen,
Muss dein Mädchen bedienen
Ihr seid alle in die Armeen der Nacht aufgenommen

Und ich bin nicht wegen der Macht dabei,
Und ich bin nicht für meine Gesundheit dabei
Ich bin überhaupt nicht zum Ruhm da
Und ich bin sicher nicht für den Reichtum dabei
Aber ich bin dabei, bis es vorbei ist und ich einfach nicht mehr aufhören kann
Wenn du es schaffen willst,
Du musst für dich selbst kämpfen
Und ich mag meine Musik, wie ich mein Leben mag

Alles lauter als alles andere
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
If you're white, you're racists, unless you loan blecks your wife.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Just embrace it. The Communists aren't going to allow you to *not* embrace it, so do it up right for them.
Posted By: MM879 Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Locally made!!!

That bier would pass south of Düsseldorf.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20

Your opinion matters.

So am I right in assuming the person teaching german is of African-American heritage? ( see...thats politically correct)

And if so, my opinion is that...its fugging HILARIOUS! I love sardonic humor!
Posted By: Limapapa Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
Nice touch with the Gettysburg address.
No speak English is an easy fix. Go to google translate. Its a nice pile of shut the phuqq up what that crap.
Posted By: bluffview Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20

2 kids still in h.s. currently in German III. They (all students) speak German when they're in German class.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20

Sad that children are the ones who pay the price for these sort of clown world decisions. My sons are lucky their mother is their teacher, both for German and for everything else.

But it is the inevitable outcome of buying into the propaganda of racism. The basic idea that the less a person is like you the better you’ll get along is plainly absurd, but multiple generations have bought it and happily let their schools be filled with German teachers who don’t speak German, in return for tastier tacos.
Posted By: hanco Re: Am I really a racist? - 10/13/20
I know how to put pipe together. I’d be a great German teacher.

No you aren’t racist. You are stating a fact. If she was a good German teacher and you said she wasn’t , because she is black, that’s racist.
© 24hourcampfire