Home
Posted By: Remsen When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
I saw my cousin yesterday and he told me he's about to move to Malta, where his wife was born and raised. He's a Vietnam vet with a long family history in the US on his dad's side. He can trace his paternal side back to the Civil War Era (his father wasn't Jewish and came from west Virginia) and they've all been as patriotic as it gets... his father was a marine at pearl harbor who fought through the pacific, etc.

He currently lives near Lake Shasta in California, one of the more conservative areas of California, but even with that, he believes there's no future here. Even if the President is re-elected, my cousin thinks the left has caused irreparable damage to the fundamental institutions and traditions of the country and they have too much power to be stopped.

I agree with his premise, but I'm here to the end and will fight leftist tyranny, and I pointed out that malta is far from a conservative paradise, but he countered that if he's going to be without a voice in politics, he might as well live the rest of his life on a Mediterranean island.

Just wondering what the good people of the campfire think about the future of the country and if anyone has thought about where they'd go if they thought it was time to get out.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by Remsen
I saw my cousin yesterday and he told me he's about to move to Malta, where his wife was born and raised. He's a Vietnam vet with a long family history in the US on his dad's side. He can trace his paternal side back to the Civil War Era (his father wasn't Jewish and came from west Virginia) and they've all been as patriotic as it gets... his father was a marine at pearl harbor who fought through the pacific, etc.

He currently lives near Lake Shasta in California, one of the more conservative areas of California, but even with that, he believes there's no future here. Even if the President is re-elected, my cousin thinks the left has caused irreparable damage to the fundamental institutions and traditions of the country and they have too much power to be stopped.

I agree with his premise, but I'm here to the end and will fight leftist tyranny, and I pointed out that malta is far from a conservative paradise, but he countered that if he's going to be without a voice in politics, he might as well live the rest of his life on a Mediterranean island.

Just wondering what the good people of the campfire think about the future of the country and if anyone has thought about where they'd go if they thought it was time to get out.

Don't sweat it, I have faith in your nation.

And besides...they still make rope.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
It couldnt be better.

We have been choked down by the deep state cabal since before 1913.

When Trump hangs the nat debt on the cabal and we return to real money without those Khazarian Mafia Zionists sucking our blood dry we will become rich.

Try minimum taxation as we were meant to be.
Posted By: deflave Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
If you meet a democrat, don't be nice.

At all.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
Plenty of room in American for folks to make their own Last Redoubt, I can't see going anywhere else on this planet.

"We are all Rhodesians now."
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20

Where would be better?

We are in a fight for out freedom and republic, boys and girls.

We'd better make this election count.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by deflave

At all.

I'm already there.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
I've never given a thought to leaving my country. Nothing that could happen will change that either. Don't ever rule out the same help that came through many other times of darkness. GOD!

Bold talk for a guy that already bought a place in MT and has been talking about moving away from CA too lololololol
Posted By: denton Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
I've travelled to a lot of beautiful places, and enjoyed friends from many of them. I have yet to find anyone there that I would exchange places with.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

At all.

I'm already there.

Most are not.

They think it's still a "difference of opinion."
Posted By: 12344mag Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20

Only place I'm going besides the USA is heaven, it's that simple.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Bold talk for a guy that already bought a place in MT and has been talking about moving away from CA too lololololol

Seems those Ca guys are pilloried if they stay or leave Ca to me. whistle
Oh chit, I thought he meant Malta, Montana
That is where my granddad homestead in 1887.
All six of my dad's siblings got out of there as soon as they could.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Seems those Ca guys are pilloried if they stay or leave Ca to me. whistle

egg on face

I'm going back to the shop. I thought he was talking about Malta, MT too bwahahaha
Posted By: Bristoe Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
Traditional America still exists in many parts of the country. I don't know if it will last for many more years. These days I take solace in the fact that rural Central Kentucky will continue to exhibit traditional American culture as long as I'll need it.

If I was 25 years old and know what I know today, I'd probably be pretty fuggin' neurotic about the path of the country.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
I've been to several countries outside of the USA and there's not a one that I'd leave this country for. Besides I'm too old to pick up and move at this point. I think I'll be spending the rest of my life here, good or bad.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Traditional America still exists in many parts of the country. I don't know if it will last for many more years. These days I take solace in the fact that rural Central Kentucky will continue to exhibit traditional American culture as long as I'll need it.

If I was 25 years old and know what I know today, I'd probably be pretty fuggin' neurotic about the path of the country.

We appreciate the mess you left.
Posted By: Remsen Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20

Here, in that excerpt, means the USA.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
I can't help but wonder hat he expects his future to be in a nation of which he is not a citizen that has a language that he doesn't speak. Malta is the 10th smallest nation and has the 4th highest population density on earth, and as a bonus is a member of the EU. No country on earth enjoys the freedom offered in the US.

Unless he is going to Malta, Mt. which is pretty cool. He could check w/ Large James about any presence of Khazarian Mafia Zionists. Those guys infest one of the Maltas I hear. Tell him he is a quitter.

mike r
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: When is enough enough? - 10/16/20
I fear you and your cousin's speculation that the future of the United States of America is bleak, is very likely, due to the Left's slowly taking over our media, our education system from the doctorate level down to the kindergarten level, many of the sciences, etc. They have instituted such division in our political ideology, destroying so much of our traditions, history, culture, and even religion, that these divisions and the hatred promulgated by the Left, are irreparable.

In addition another unsolvable part of our problem is what is loosely referred to as "the Deep State." The thousands and thousands of embedded bureaucrats who are unelected, faceless, nameless, and virtually unfireable, who literally regulate our lives daily not only from the cradle to the grave but from the erection to the Resurrection. They consistently vote for the continuation of protecting their "feathered nests," and the well being of the Country be damned.

Even if President Trump is reelected, it wiill be virtually impossible to"drain the swamp." The politicians and justice system will protect the bureaucrats and the bureaucrats will protect the politicians. Of course, it naturally follows that the millions of people who are "on the dole" will also vote for politicians who scream, "Vote for me. I'm your personal Santa Claus!"

The cultural differences are also, in my opinion, unsolvable and will continue to boil until the lid is popped off. I, as you, have no intention of leaving my country for "fairer pastures." I am here for the duration, although must say, I am much, much nearer the end than the beginning of my life. No matter, as studying history is my hobby, I want to see how it plays out. It will be interesting, that's for damned sure.

L.W.

Posted By: Jim1611 Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

I understand what you're saying about your age and things holding out a few more years but are we really red blooded American men to leave it at that if there's something in our power to make a difference. After all one time there was 56 brave men that pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor for the future. Don't we owe them?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
I’m happy where I am.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by Jim1611

I understand what you're saying about your age and things holding out a few more years but are we really red blooded American men to leave it at that if there's something in our power to make a difference. After all one time there was 56 brave men that pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor for the future. Don't we owe them?

I understand that point of view. But I'm suspect that the time for any positive outcome from such actions has long since past.

It makes me think of an essay written by Karen Kwiatkowski back in 2007.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2007/09/karen-kwiatkowski/living-in-an-imperial-world/

excerpt:

There seems to be no effective way to save or restore the republic, no way for any individual to even begin to solve the problem of our late 20th and early 21st century imperialism. I tend to agree, and the wisest observers in these pages warn, as Chris Floyd does, "It is pointless — and counterproductive — to simply throw yourself under the wheels of such a monstrous machine in futile spasms of rage and despair. The machine doesn’t care. It will gladly chew up your life and move on.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

I understand that point of view. But I'm suspect that the time for any positive outcome from such actions has long since past.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2007/09/karen-kwiatkowski/living-in-an-imperial-world/

excerpt:

There seems to be no effective way to save or restore the republic, no way for any individual to even begin to solve the problem of our late 20th and early 21st century imperialism. I tend to agree, and the wisest observers in these pages warn, as Chris Floyd does, "It is pointless — and counterproductive — to simply throw yourself under the wheels of such a monstrous machine in futile spasms of rage and despair. The machine doesn’t care. It will gladly chew up your life and move on.

LMFAO some girls are infested w/ quit, it is the best they can do.

mike r
Posted By: BobBrown Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by lvmiker

excerpt:

mike r

LOL

He reads “Karen”
If you live in a rural area you’re fine fir the most part. You live in an urban, high population density area.....I’d be looking at minimum for a get away place in a rural area.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

excerpt:

mike r

Read the entire article. Also read the credentials of Karen Kwiatkowski. She was an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who was working at the Pentagon on 9-11. She had several jobs within the NSA.

She was an insider.

A: She knows more about what's been going on than you do.

B: You ain't going to do schitt about what's going on, so stop thumping your chest.
Posted By: Gus Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
many of us have thought we were riding in a ship that's taking water for some time. it's a long ways to dry land from here.

but we can keep voting. we can do that. and working, and paying taxes.

what should we want more than all of that?
Posted By: johnw Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Each day is a fight for me to win or lose.
Posted By: deflave Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I’m happy where I am.

I thought you lived in TN.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
I am not going anywhere but batshit crazy on the commies either when a sufficient number of others are ready to start, or I see that it is time to go it alone. Either way, their choice is to go someplace and rethink their inclinations, or bear the brunt of my considerable and lifelong hatred for them and their ideas. This is my country, and I will not cede it to a bunch of sorry azz communists for any reason, ever.
Posted By: Morewood Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
I'm not going anywhere. All my family is here.

Live Free or Die
Posted By: Dutch Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
There’s no place to go. This is the last stand. I did not come to this country to watch people just piss away what they have. There is no other place, unless you want to go to Mars with Elon. ....
A lot of you big schit talkers will happily loan your DeWalt to a democrat.

Stop doing that.

Originally Posted by Dutch
There’s no place to go. This is the last stand. I did not come to this country to watch people just piss away what they have. There is no other place, unless you want to go to Mars with Elon. ....

Yeah?

I hope your kghunt has a quick disconnect.
Posted By: 16bore Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

At all.

Too true to be funny....
Posted By: Dutch Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

Yeah?

I hope your kghunt has a quick disconnect.

I laughed. You’re a funny little guy. Pathetic, but in a funny way.

I laughed. You’re a funny little guy. Pathetic, but in a funny way.

Little?
Posted By: sse Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
things don't look good. even if trump stays in look how close the leftists have gotten, and will be, to gaining power and ruining the country, and world, with a leftist super-majority or one party agenda, and no end in sight. pretty dismal. couple years ago they were one vote short of practically eliminating the 2nd amendment. i mention the world because many are observing, mostly foreigners, that being unique in the world, if the US goes down, all is lost.

that's one take, but OTOH unexpected things happen all the time and they're not always disastrous or evil. WWII was looking pretty dismal, too, and see what happened. because i'm a person of faith, i tend to think even the worst won't last forever, and if the country needs a correction good people will make it happen a some point, God willing
Posted By: watch4bear Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
He's a Vietnam vet

we’ve allowed our intelligence services to listen into our private conversations

we let government agents put their hands on our children’s crotches and look at our naked bodies in airports

people are arrested for not wearing a mask or fending off looters

If our children are sent overseas to fight for our freedom; then those freedoms must exist here at home.

This country the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Posted By: stevelyn Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

At all.

i stopped being nice a long time ago.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

agree with a lot of that, but i'll be damn if i run without a fight.. had a ancestor die at the alamo so i won't run. anyways had a hot 23 yr old agree to go out with me this weekend. life is good and i'll fight for that.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by stevelyn

At all.

agree, i don't tolerate them.

I’m not going anywhere — I’m just a pilgrim — but I am not optimistic about the nation and now the very visible corruption of the government agencies we might once have thought above reproach. And also how the culture has been similarly degraded and conditioned to accept what was once anathema as now normal.

It’s clear we were being threatened from within by socialism (a nice word for a Godless humanism) for many decades, but more clearly in the last twenty years or so, and especially in the last ten years

I and you may live in a rural or semi rural area and which may be immediately insular to a degree but take no comfort because if DJT loses, and the Left moves forward with just half of what they declare, we will all be greatly affected economically, and by a great loss of freedoms. If not right away, inexorably, later on.

And that’s just on the horizon.
And if DJT wins, “they” will still be there and history shows that they will not go quietly into that good night.

But, going far back, it all began because we no longer “have an informed or religious voting public.” (John Adams and others).

http://free2pray.info/6-founderquotes.html
I'm fairly convinced this is going on. It's just hard to deny when half the people in the country have their brains turned to schitt virtually overnight.

https://stream.org/is-todays-left-possessed/
Posted By: jaguartx Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

At all.

I'm already there.

Most are not.

They think it's still a "difference of opinion."

Unfortunate truth.
Posted By: efw Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Where would be better?

We are in a fight for out freedom and republic, boys and girls.

We'd better make this election count.

Yep.

Lord Salisbury famously said that conservatism is delay and that’s where we’re at... delay.

And I don’t say that gloomily; it’s the nature of things, especially in a time when there is no “new world” to which we may pilgrimage to replant the seed of Liberty.

Praise God we have a city whose builder and maker is God Himself.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Double Wanda Wednesday at Joe's In And Out.

Malta's finest drive thru.....
I am not running. Not even from here.

My parents wont leave......and I won't go with out them.

If someone wants to leave.....reckon we didn't need them.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

At all.

Not anymore.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
The last time my ancestors fought and died for their country was during the UnCivil War - on the side of the CSA. If they could make that sacrifice for their homeland then so can I.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Maybe the oath I pledged years ago is different than today’s version, I dunno. What I do know is my version included the phrase ...”against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” I have not been relieved of that commitment, nor do I wish it so. Too old these days to run far, but still have some tricks up my sleeve.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Seems the general consensus is running..................

that Amy is not going to save us after all???
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I don't put my faith in the faithless Supreme Court: Jews and weak Catholics don't count for schitt.
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm not going anywhere. All my family is here.

Live Free or Die

After all, this IS the last best place on Earth.

If the juggernaut is already too large to stop, at least we can try to redirect to the America we believe in.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter

At all.

Not anymore.

Got nothing to say to them.. Nothing nice anyways.

I don't put my faith in the faithless Supreme Court: Jews and weak Catholics don't count for schitt.

If The Donald is our savior (small "s") ......................why did he choose another Kath Oh Lick then?

Are there no qualified WASP men available? He has a majority in the Senate, should have been easy enough to get on on the bench, no?

If The Donald is our savior (small "s") ......................why did he choose another Kath Oh Lick then?

Are there no qualified WASP men available? He has a majority in the Senate, should have been easy enough to get on on the bench, no?

Obviously, he's surrounded by NorthEast "advisors" who dismiss people from the South, who are gun owners/hunters, and Protestants, from being on his short-list of Supreme Court nominee's. It's that simple.
Then he sure picked some screwy "advisors" eh?
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: When is enough enough? - 10/17/20

Here, in that excerpt, means the USA.

With that in mind, I don't really get it. I understand moving around within the U.S. to different states for a variety of reasons, to include leaving a liberal cesspool you have no hope of changing. But to leave the U.S. altogether? I can't even fathom it. But then again, for me it's not America first, it's America only. No split allegiance here.

Would be easy to liken it to a LGBTQWERTY person than can't decide who they ought to have sex with. It's easy if you've only one option.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: When is enough enough? - 10/18/20
For my part, there's too much blood invested in this country to ever leave it or surrender it.

I have kicked ALL liberals to the curb...as far as I am concerned anyone who espouses policies that would take my liberty is a very personal enemy mounting a very personal attack. I won't tolerate it, and even a few family members have found that so.

On the future: who knows? There are always unintended consequences and surprise reactions. IMO, one of Trump's biggest accomplishments is unmasking the corruption of the deep state and all its supporters, including the MSM. I think this may be what's driving the reported huge participation in early voting this election cycle. Time will tell. But when push comes to shove...we'll see what we will see. Two hundred million firearms represents a LOT of firepower, even if it's all in the hands of only twenty million people.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: When is enough enough? - 10/18/20
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

They've got the talent to do without the rap bullshit. They oughta lose it.
© 24hourcampfire