Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I fear you and your cousin's speculation that the future of the United States of America is bleak, is very likely, due to the Left's slowly taking over our media, our education system from the doctorate level down to the kindergarten level, many of the sciences, etc. They have instituted such division in our political ideology, destroying so much of our traditions, history, culture, and even religion, that these divisions and the hatred promulgated by the Left, are irreparable.

In addition another unsolvable part of our problem is what is loosely referred to as "the Deep State." The thousands and thousands of embedded bureaucrats who are unelected, faceless, nameless, and virtually unfireable, who literally regulate our lives daily not only from the cradle to the grave but from the erection to the Resurrection. They consistently vote for the continuation of protecting their "feathered nests," and the well being of the Country be damned.

Even if President Trump is reelected, it wiill be virtually impossible to"drain the swamp." The politicians and justice system will protect the bureaucrats and the bureaucrats will protect the politicians. Of course, it naturally follows that the millions of people who are "on the dole" will also vote for politicians who scream, "Vote for me. I'm your personal Santa Claus!"

The cultural differences are also, in my opinion, unsolvable and will continue to boil until the lid is popped off. I, as you, have no intention of leaving my country for "fairer pastures." I am here for the duration, although must say, I am much, much nearer the end than the beginning of my life. No matter, as studying history is my hobby, I want to see how it plays out. It will be interesting, that's for damned sure.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Traditional America still exists in many parts of the country. I don't know if it will last for many more years. These days I take solace in the fact that rural Central Kentucky will continue to exhibit traditional American culture as long as I'll need it.

If I was 25 years old and know what I know today, I'd probably be pretty fuggin' neurotic about the path of the country.

I understand what you're saying about your age and things holding out a few more years but are we really red blooded American men to leave it at that if there's something in our power to make a difference. After all one time there was 56 brave men that pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor for the future. Don't we owe them?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I’m happy where I am.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Traditional America still exists in many parts of the country. I don't know if it will last for many more years. These days I take solace in the fact that rural Central Kentucky will continue to exhibit traditional American culture as long as I'll need it.

If I was 25 years old and know what I know today, I'd probably be pretty fuggin' neurotic about the path of the country.

I understand what you're saying about your age and things holding out a few more years but are we really red blooded American men to leave it at that if there's something in our power to make a difference. After all one time there was 56 brave men that pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor for the future. Don't we owe them?

I understand that point of view. But I'm suspect that the time for any positive outcome from such actions has long since past.

It makes me think of an essay written by Karen Kwiatkowski back in 2007.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2007/09/karen-kwiatkowski/living-in-an-imperial-world/

excerpt:

There seems to be no effective way to save or restore the republic, no way for any individual to even begin to solve the problem of our late 20th and early 21st century imperialism. I tend to agree, and the wisest observers in these pages warn, as Chris Floyd does, "It is pointless — and counterproductive — to simply throw yourself under the wheels of such a monstrous machine in futile spasms of rage and despair. The machine doesn’t care. It will gladly chew up your life and move on.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

I understand that point of view. But I'm suspect that the time for any positive outcome from such actions has long since past.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2007/09/karen-kwiatkowski/living-in-an-imperial-world/

excerpt:

There seems to be no effective way to save or restore the republic, no way for any individual to even begin to solve the problem of our late 20th and early 21st century imperialism. I tend to agree, and the wisest observers in these pages warn, as Chris Floyd does, "It is pointless — and counterproductive — to simply throw yourself under the wheels of such a monstrous machine in futile spasms of rage and despair. The machine doesn’t care. It will gladly chew up your life and move on.

LMFAO some girls are infested w/ quit, it is the best they can do.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker

excerpt:

mike r

LOL

He reads “Karen”

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If you live in a rural area you’re fine fir the most part. You live in an urban, high population density area.....I’d be looking at minimum for a get away place in a rural area.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker

excerpt:

mike r

Read the entire article. Also read the credentials of Karen Kwiatkowski. She was an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who was working at the Pentagon on 9-11. She had several jobs within the NSA.

She was an insider.

A: She knows more about what's been going on than you do.

B: You ain't going to do schitt about what's going on, so stop thumping your chest.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
many of us have thought we were riding in a ship that's taking water for some time. it's a long ways to dry land from here.

but we can keep voting. we can do that. and working, and paying taxes.

what should we want more than all of that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Each day is a fight for me to win or lose.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I’m happy where I am.

I thought you lived in TN.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I am not going anywhere but batshit crazy on the commies either when a sufficient number of others are ready to start, or I see that it is time to go it alone. Either way, their choice is to go someplace and rethink their inclinations, or bear the brunt of my considerable and lifelong hatred for them and their ideas. This is my country, and I will not cede it to a bunch of sorry azz communists for any reason, ever.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm not going anywhere. All my family is here.

Live Free or Die

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There’s no place to go. This is the last stand. I did not come to this country to watch people just piss away what they have. There is no other place, unless you want to go to Mars with Elon. ....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
A lot of you big schit talkers will happily loan your DeWalt to a democrat.

Stop doing that.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dutch
There’s no place to go. This is the last stand. I did not come to this country to watch people just piss away what they have. There is no other place, unless you want to go to Mars with Elon. ....

Yeah?

I hope your kghunt has a quick disconnect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
If you meet a democrat, don't be nice.

At all.

Too true to be funny....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah?

I hope your kghunt has a quick disconnect.

I laughed. You’re a funny little guy. Pathetic, but in a funny way.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I laughed. You’re a funny little guy. Pathetic, but in a funny way.

Little?

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
things don't look good. even if trump stays in look how close the leftists have gotten, and will be, to gaining power and ruining the country, and world, with a leftist super-majority or one party agenda, and no end in sight. pretty dismal. couple years ago they were one vote short of practically eliminating the 2nd amendment. i mention the world because many are observing, mostly foreigners, that being unique in the world, if the US goes down, all is lost.

that's one take, but OTOH unexpected things happen all the time and they're not always disastrous or evil. WWII was looking pretty dismal, too, and see what happened. because i'm a person of faith, i tend to think even the worst won't last forever, and if the country needs a correction good people will make it happen a some point, God willing

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,691
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.