Home
https://prepperrecon.com/civil-war-matt-bracken/

This is the best podcast I've listened to about what is going on today. There's only about a 25% chance Trump wins big enough that civil war won't break out. But there's a 75% chance civil war will break out.
It's a little long. Bass the first couple of minutes on abortion if you want. Don't let that keep you from listening to this whole thing.
You bet yo azz baby !
I can't imagine what people are thinking when they say that a civil war is going to break out in America. The federal government owns the big weapons and the federal government is crooked to its roots,...and it's not on *your* side.

It's not the 1860s any longer. People can't cast up a few 8 pounders, grab up some rifles, and make war against the government.
I think it's possible that factions of people might start treating each other pretty rough. But if it ever got the federal government involved, it wouldn't last long enough to amount to a war.

The federal government will squash it like a bug.
You obviously didn't listen to the podcast.
Right now in places like Portland the govt is letting one side wage war and arresting the other side.
Lots of patriots in the military. If Hillary had been elected civil war would have already happened to try to keep her from rolling us over for China.

This wouldn't have been Bill's Chinagate.
75% of statistics are made up on the spot. There’s exactly ZERO% chance of any civil war in this country as long as there’s food on the shelves and people can still use their phones. We have a variety of First World Problems and those don’t cause civil wars
I don't need to. The military isn't going to split up along ideological lines.

That's what would have to happen for a civil war to occur in America.
Originally Posted by hunter4623
75% of statistics are made up on the spot. There’s exactly ZERO% chance of any civil war in this country as long as there’s food on the shelves and people can still use their phones. We have a variety of First World Problems and those don’t cause civil wars

Don't hold your breath.

People R ready. HAD enuff !!!
Gawd....I bet book sales would be through the roof!
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I can't imagine what people are thinking when they say that a civil war is going to break out in America. The federal government owns the big weapons and the federal government is crooked to its roots,...and it's not on *your* side.

It's not the 1860s any longer. People can't cast up a few 8 pounders, grab up some rifles, and make war against the government.

You’re confusing civil war with a revolution or rebellion.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

The federal government's response will be the same to all three.
Originally Posted by jwall

Don't hold your breath.

Many people have had enough but that wont cause them to take up arms. They have to go to work tomorrow to pay for their new truck, mortgage, summer vacation to Disney, etc. They’ll sit their couches and complain on the internet while they’re watching tv. They won’t be shooting liberals in the streets.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

The federal government's response will be the same to all three.

Nope, you don’t understand the difference.

I disagree. I suspect that a large part of the military, if not all, will uphold their oath. Never mind that they are substantially outnumbered.
One thing is already happening and it's going to accelerate. The American people are going to divide up into cultural enclaves. Anyone living in an area they're not culturally aligned with will live a difficult life.

The left is already making it tough on right leaning people who live in their areas. People on the right will start doing so too.

The split is too pronounced for the left and right to coexist in the same areas.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I disagree. I suspect that a large part of the military, if not all, will uphold their oath. Never mind that they are substantially outnumbered.

Who is there among the big brass of the military that will take the leadership roll? From what I can tell, the left owns the military leadership.

Who is there among the big brass of the military that will take the leadership roll? From what I can tell, the left owns the military leadership.

There is a reason revolutions and military coups are always run by colonels and not generals.

Better listen to him.
Matthew Bracken's books are all a good read. Thanks for the pointer to the podcast.
I think it's possible that factions of people might start treating each other pretty rough. But if it ever got the federal government involved, it wouldn't last long enough to amount to a war.

The question is, whose side the federales will fall on?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The question is, whose side the federales will fall on?

That seems to have already been decided.

The left is looting, rioting, and burning across America and the FBI director is warning the country against the dangers of white supremacy.

,...and, as everyone knows, only a white supremacist would oppose the radical left.
The question is not whose side the federales will fall on. The question, as it always is in a true civil war, is who are the federales?
...the federal government is crooked to its roots,...and it's not on *your* side.
^^^This^^^

It’s the same with local and state government.
My words to the wise would be to stock up on food and essentials.

This week.

Don't wait until close to or after the election.

If you don't, you may be without.
The might and arms of the U.S. was stopped by the stone age Vietnamese because they were determined and the U.S. government and citizenry didn't have the stomach for the fight. Same thing happened when our forebears beat the World superpower and gained independence. It has recently been proven that the powers that be don't have the nuts or guts to put down a rebellion in several of our cities. The battle doesn't always go to the strongest. And don't ever forget that all those soldiers and cops have families in this country and the police have proven many times they will abandon their post and protect their own (Katrina, New Orleans).

This week.

Rockinbbar, these folks are to smart and psychic and already are convinced nothing is going to happen. Either that or the same police that did nothing will all of a sudden protect them. That's naive. All the police care about is staying in their jobs long enough to get their pension. If they think the military is going to help, they need to ask the folks in New Orleans.
They are smarter than the seal that was trying to throw out ideas to help out.
Originally Posted by Hastings
The might and arms of the U.S. was stopped by the stone age Vietnamese because they were determined and the U.S. government and citizenry didn't have the stomach for the fight. Same thing happened when our forebears beat the World superpower and gained independence. It has recently been proven that the powers that be don't have the nuts or guts to put down a rebellion in several of our cities. The battle doesn't always go to the strongest. And don't ever forget that all those soldiers and cops have families in this country and the police have proven many times they will abandon their post and protect their own (Katrina, New Orleans).

I agree.

But one more important factor is a govt attacking, firing on, and killing citizens of our own country.

That is pretty much the kiss of death for current govt that will do that.

People won't stand for it. If they do, them those are defeated before anything ever starts.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

This week.

Rockinbbar, these folks are to smart and psychic and already are convinced nothing is going to happen. Either that or the same police that did nothing will all of a sudden protect them. That's naive. All the police care about is staying in their jobs long enough to get their pension. If they think the military is going to help, they need to ask the folks in New Orleans.
They are smarter than the seal that was trying to throw out ideas to help out.

My guess is that the police are largely gonna sit that one out.

It's all gonna happen in liberal cities, just like it has been.

I don't see the commies wanting to come to rural areas and engage local police or citizens.
Trump will win.

Funding for Antifa/blm will dry up until next election cycle.

99.9% of Americans will get on with life.

0.1% of Americans (the haters) will piss/moan/scream and still get the MSM attention as if they were the majority of the country.
Its a good question. When I had to take the oath a few different times, that whole foreign and domestic thing can be a grey area on who's the bad guy.

Unless times have changed, I cant see the boots doing to much to take up arms against Americans, even if the brass order it.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Trump will win.

Funding for Antifa/blm will dry up until next election cycle.

99.9% of Americans will get on with life.

0.1% of Americans (the haters) will piss/moan/scream and still get the MSM attention as if they were the majority of the country.

I hope Trump wins.

But I expect the Left to 10X their efforts to get rid of him if he does...

If Biden wins, they will 10X their efforts to get rid of us.

Or beat us into submission.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Its a good question. When I had to take the oath a few different times, that whole foreign and domestic thing can be a grey area on who's the bad guy.

That's why the lyin', propaganda media is off the rails.

That's why they paint conservatives as all sorts of white supremacist evil.

Propaganda.

And the idiots stand in line for the KoolAid.
Like I’ve been saying over and over.....Trump will win in a landslide

I hope Trump wins CA. It would be a painful thumb in Pelosi's eye.
I'm glad you feel that way and I hope and pray you are right.
Those who poo poo a civil war here need to study their history some more. People don't fight a civil war because they want to. They do it because they get dragged into it and there is nothing else left to do other than line up at a ditch somewhere for the other side to fill it up with them. As that is a distinctly distasteful course of action, lots of folks end up fighting. Its what you do when the other side wants you gone. Not because you want to, because you have to.
Okay.

But what is referred to as the American Civil War wasn't a civil war at all.

A civil was is a domestic conflict for the control of a country's government.

The south didn't want to control America's government. It was perfectly happy to leave the American government in place. It simply didn't want to be under its thumb any longer.

That's why I see shaping up again in America. Although it's not a division between north and south. It's between the left and right.
Originally Posted by jwall

Don't hold your breath.

Many people have had enough but that wont cause them to take up arms. They have to go to work tomorrow to pay for their new truck, mortgage, summer vacation to Disney, etc. They’ll sit their couches and complain on the internet while they’re watching tv. They won’t be shooting liberals in the streets.
People ain't gonna sit by forever and watch the libs/ANTIFA/BLM burn, loot and destroy their homes and businesses. They start bringin' that shyt out here to small town/rural America and the gov't still does nothing to stop them, you bet your ass there's going to be war.

I hope Trump wins CA. It would be a painful thumb in Pelosi's eye.

From your mouth to God's ears.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
People ain't gonna sit by forever and watch the libs/ANTIFA/BLM burn, loot and destroy their homes and businesses. They start bringin' that shyt out here to small town/rural Amrerica and the gov't still does nothing to stop them, you bet your ass there's going to be war.

Not sure about "war".

But there will be "battles" and "skirmishes" if the radical Left tries to take over rural areas for sure.
They will hit suburbs. Can't see them trying to hit rural. Just like most rural areas, we don't have law enforcement, theirs a reason for that. We take care of our own.
The Left will burn and loot like they’ve been doing. They don’t do it in conservative areas because their goal isn’t to stomp out conservatives or encounter resistance. Their goal is to get (steal) free stuff and act like animals with no repercussions. I’m surprised so many people are misreading whats actually happening. It’s not about right vs left for the people that are looting and causing the problems.

Oh and there won’t be a civil war in this country in the lifetime of anyone on this board....
Actually it is right vs left. In these cities the left has more power. When someone stands up to them, the local govt and msm crucifies them.

Their is a war brewing, i hope not but I feel its coming
Okay.

But what is referred to as the American Civil War wasn't a civil war at all.

A civil was is a domestic conflict for the control of a country's government.

The south didn't want to control America's government. It was perfectly happy to leave the American government in place. It simply didn't want to be under its thumb any longer.

That's why I see shaping up again in America. Although it's not a division between north and south. It's between the left and right.

What part of what I wrote sounds remotely like the War of Northern Aggression? Look at world history for real civil war data. Spain, Yugoslavia, etc.

Any one who thinks T will win in a landslide is delusional and just plain stupid. More likely the land will slide Biden's way.

I am worried, very worried and am preparing myself mentally for the disaster.

The only riots will be Biden supporters in celebration of his victory. Republicans don't riot. When was the last time anyone saw a Republican riot? Sure there will be a few nut cases who do a few stupid things, but large scale Antifa and BLM riots? Not a chance.

Trump has been down double digits in most polls since B was nominated. Now you can rant and rave all you want about pollsters but they are paid to be right whether or not they be democrat or Republican. You can BYSA they don't want a repeat of 2016. Can anyone show me any poll that says T will win in a landslide or even by one vote?

Is anyone stupid enough to bet that T will win in a landslide? I'll bet he won't.

Trump has had the power and majesty of the office for almost four years and still he trails "Sleepy" by 10+ points in the average of all polls.

The Wife and I just voted twice for Trump. Go thou and do likewise.
Well, I doubt the polls are actually representative of the country as a whole, but be that as it may, I can read a little other sign & in all the areas that I travel (mostly mid-west), Trump signs in yards more than double Biden signs..................so I'm saying that those polls show Trump to be favored.

I'm sure that's not likely the case in Oregon.

MM
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Any one who thinks T will win in a landslide is delusional and just plain stupid. More likely the land will slide Biden's way.

The only riots will be Biden supporters in celebration of his victory. Republicans don't riot. When was the last time anyone saw a Republican riot? Sure there will be a few nut cases who do a few stupid things, but large scale Antifa and BLM riots? Not a chance.

Trump has been down double digits in most polls since B was nominated. Now you can rant and rave all you want about pollsters but they are paid to be right whether or not they be democrat or Republican. You can BYSA they don't want a repeat of 2016. Can anyone show me any poll that says T will win in a landslide or even by one vote?

Is anyone stupid enough to bet that T will win in a landslide? I'll bet he won't.

Trump has had the power and majesty of the office for almost four years and still he trails "Sleepy" by 10+ points in the average of all polls.

Layout your bet. Define what you consider Trump winning in a landslide is.
Turn off the electricity, shut down the main thoroughfares, and kill the WiFi capability in the larger cities and we will see the libtards surrender. The metrosexuals can’t live without their WiFi. Country people can.

Last time around weren't you predicting that Hillary would win?
If someone is interested, look into the data on who was polled for those polls. Even the fox pollsters lean left.

Only poll that counts will be given Nov 3rd.
I hang up on pollsters.

I doubt I'm the only one.

Libs love to talk to someone, anyone, about their outrage.....conservatives, not so much.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Well, I doubt the polls are actually representative of the country as a whole, but be that as it may, I can read a little other sign & in all the areas that I travel (mostly mid-west), Trump signs in yards more than double Biden signs..................so I'm saying that those polls show Trump to be favored.
I'm sure that's not likely the case in Oregon.MM
My lovely bride and I made a 4,000 mile trip out west last month and saw hundreds if not thousands of Trump signs and flags and one Biden sign the whole trip in northeast Oklahoma.

Yup, just look how quickly they've put those inbred Afghan goat farmers in their place.

Due to their later public educations and Marxist college educations most of the military are now government employees first. I'm not military bashing at all. Also, Obama purged the military of the patriots and bumped up the public employee socialists.

Counting on the military to support patriots is folly now.
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Turn off the electricity, shut down the main thoroughfares, and kill the WiFi capability in the larger cities and we will see the libtards surrender. The metrosexuals can’t live without their WiFi. Country people can.

And may I gently inquire as to who is going to, "Turn off the electricity....etc.?"
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Due to their later public educations and Marxist college educations most of the military are now government employees first. I'm not military bashing at all. Also, Obama purged the military of the patriots and bumped up the public employee socialists.

Counting on the military to support patriots is folly now.

I'll agree that the top brass may lean left but don't underrate the grunts.
Ain't gonna be a civil war.
60% obese population?
Bull chips!
Bunch of fat, lazy diabetic cry baby.
Social justice warriors with blue hair, 300# azz and megaphones.
Who's fighting who?
Civil war....so stupid.
I hang up on pollsters.

I doubt I'm the only one.

Libs love to talk to someone, anyone, about their outrage.....conservatives, not so much.

I do 99% of the time as well. But a couple weeks ago I answered and a gal on the other line actually sounded like an American, so I humored her. She was calling on behalf of Bullock. I was polite, but firm and she actually hung up on me lol.
The election won’t result in civil war. Some tense moments? Maybe. Some localized violence? Possible.

And may I gently inquire as to who is going to, "Turn off the electricity....etc.?"

Transformers, Deer rifles, Grid down
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The election won’t result in civil war. Some tense moments? Maybe. Some localized violence? Possible.

A lot of violence if T wins. A lot of "celebratory rioting" if B wins but not much from our side either way. No civil war, not even close.

Landslide for Trump? What's your definition? Electoral votes? Popular numbers? Number of states won?

Landslide for Trump? What's your definition? Electoral votes? Popular numbers? Number of states won?

I’m not sure you’re aware, but in the US we use what’s called an electoral college. Nothing else matters, even if msnbc try’s to convince you otherwise.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I'm sure that's not likely the case in Oregon.

MM

AS Rush Limbaugh calls them, the "shy voter" will rule the day. It's that 9% who are "undecided". They have made up their mind but they aren't telling anyone. I certainly hope it's in Mr. Trumps favor. If not, he can always say "I gave you an option that Americans refused to take". And he will be right. That means we get to make the democrats lives absolutely miserable. It could be a lot of fun.

kwg
I thought I was the only one listening the podcast.
Without power the cell phone towers do not work.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake

They would have to knock out every single one of them.
They all have back up generators that kick in when the power is out and the Remote sites have several systems to keep them running.
If they knocked out the main hubs it would shut down the system in those areas.
I'm ready to bust some caps.
Yes that is correct FS.
It's not enough for Trump to "WIN". He's got to win BIG. He's got to win big enough that the democrats can't come back and say "Hey we found an extra 50,000 votes which takes away the electoral college votes from XXX state." He's got to win big enough that even if they do 50,000 votes, Trump still has enough extra electoral college votes to continue to win. This isn't about the democrats stealing a seat in the house (as they've done before) or a governorship (as they've done before) this is about the public knowledge of what's going on. I figure he's got a 25% chance of winning by that much. Which means there's 75% chance things could get ugly. Democrats will do what ever, kill who ever, burndown what ever, whatever it takes, they want to steal this election. Your job is to get as many people out to vote as possible. It's critical.
Originally Posted by Borchardt

And how will that benefit anyone? Take my grid down and I'm going to be pissed at whomever did it and my deer rifle will be pointed in their direction.
Taking down the grid is simple and cheap. You need to wake up and figure things out.
I know I nor 100 or so Trump voters I have talked to recently have been called or polled in any way. You gotta take polls with a grain of salt....you think they really call "random" people? Kind of like the "undecided" voters at Dementia Joes last townhall.....like the woman who had prior admitted to being a biden supporter and married to a Dem lobbyist or whatever he is....If they do actually call random people how many actual Trump supporters do you know who would answer the phone, let alone answer the questions truthfully?

And how will that benefit anyone? Take my grid down and I'm going to be pissed at whomever did it and my deer rifle will be pointed in their direction.

Ha ha. Good one!
Originally Posted by marktheshark
I know I nor 100 or so Trump voters I have talked to recently have been called or polled in any way. You gotta take polls with a grain of salt....you think they really call "random" people? Kind of like the "undecided" voters at Dementia Joes last townhall.....like the woman who had prior admitted to being a biden supporter and married to a Dem lobbyist or whatever he is....If they do actually call random people how many actual Trump supporters do you know who would answer the phone, let alone answer the questions truthfully?

You have to realize that polling is a business and like all businesses pollsters are in the business of staying in business and making a profit. They make a profit by being successful which means accurately predicting the outcome of elections. If a polling business is never accurate how long do you think they will be in the business of polling before they are out of business?

Funny to me is how people believe in polls which support their candidate or position but are quick to denigrate polls which do not. Why is that? Just because you see a dozen Trump/Pence signs in your neighborhood (as in mine) and no Biden signs doesn't mean anything.

The problem for Trump is that NO poll shows him winning by even one vote let alone a landslide. I say mentally prepare for a disaster come November.
The reason why the Federal government seems so powerful is because of the scale of relatively isolated conflicts. If you have riots in NYC, Seattle, Portland and Denver, let's say, they can squash that. If riots broke out in the top 100 cities in the county, it would overwhelm their resources and be too spread out. And if the local authorities lost control at the same time, people would start taking matters into their own hands. Once that starts the chaos could spread a lot faster than people are probably willing to believe. All I can say is God damn the Left for bringing us to the point where this is even conceivable.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Hopefully it stays isolated to the problem children liberal cities.
Everyone believes the fighting will be in the open. The fighting will be silent, in darkness, and selective.

It's not going to look like the picture you have in your head. It won't be against the govt.

Everyone believes the fighting will be in the open. The fighting will be silent, in darkness, and selective.

Someone gets it.. Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.

You just cannot cure a chronic case of the Dumbass...

Here's your 2016 prediction.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
There’s exactly ZERO% chance of any civil war in this country as long as there’s food on the shelves and people can still use their phones.

Exactly. People look back to the War of Northern Aggression as a parallel for our times. How about fast forward to the civil rights era in the South. The beginning of it was a little before my time and things had pretty well but not totally calmed down by the time I started school but consider.......

The Federal Government essentially broke the Jim Crow era which had been going on since reconstruction. They forced integration both in society and in the schools. That issue HAD to be as big as anything we are going through today. I suspect most white people didn't like it, they probably bitched and raised hell quite a bit......but when Eisenhower sent in the National Guard to see that the black kids were allowed to go to school with the whites.......no one started shooting at them with their deer rifles and it was pretty much game over.

That is not to say there was no ugliness about the situation. There was plenty but it fell far short of anything resembling a civil war and in the end the powers that be got their way.

Back to your larger point, if there ever is a civil war here it will be AFTER the communist take power and totally eff things up as they always do bringing about food shortages, power outages, generally the lack of basic things we all now take for granted. It ain't gonna happen the day after the election one way or another, although I do expect if Trump wins, the little snot nosed communists in the liberal cities will continue to throw hissie fits as much as they are allowed.

75% of statistics are made up on the spot. There’s exactly ZERO% chance of any civil war in this country as long as there’s food on the shelves and people can still use their phones.
Got news for ya - food's already being hoarded in many areas of the country.. It was reported (IIRC) in the WSJ that Green Giant's total supply of corn-based items are already sold beyond the 50% mark - about three+ months ahead of normal..

Many items of basic food supplies - flour, sugar, yeast, boxed items like rice, pasta etc., are showing up on the shelves in short supply.. People in the rural areas should be fine since they can grow gardens big enough to supply a family easily for a year or more.. Many home-canned supplies can last years; I have canned sweet corn dating to 2015 and it's still just fine..

It's the city folk who'll suffer the most, and the earliest.. Well guess where most of the 'unrest' is? Cities.. Where will they go when they can't get food? The country..

I'm sure I'm wrong.. Someone will immediately tell me so.. laugh laugh

Did you happen to notice how easily the Government forced everyone to wear masks, shut down their small businesses, not go to church, not visit friends, "social distance" and generally fear death and destruction from the Chinese Virus? Hell, people are still wearing masks even outside. I don't wear a mask.

People that pliable are not likely to take up deer rifles to shoot anything more than deer (as long and only when the Government grants them permission to do so). Shoot a deer "out of season", a "season" dictated by the Government, and see what happens. You will lose your precious hunting license that you paid an exorbitant price for, pay a large fine, maybe lose your little deer rifle, and not be "allowed" to hunt for several Government dictated seasons.

No, armed insurrection or any other insurrection is not at all likely from a people so cowed they gladly wear masks at the order of Government.
Originally Posted by funshooter

They would have to knock out every single one of them.
They all have back up generators that kick in when the power is out and the Remote sites have several systems to keep them running.
If they knocked out the main hubs it would shut down the system in those areas.

Your not correct... they all do not have backup generators in the least.. and the remote sites do not have several systems to keep them running either lmao....
I publicly vow to you my friends, that I shall fight...until something good comes on Netflix or until I need a sandwich or my prescriptions run out. Howzat for defending the constitution?

Hmmm. Is that what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Me personally I think there are 2 sets of polls. Propaganda polls which all the media use in an attempt to sway public opinion and then the actual polls the politicians use to plan manage their campaign strategy.
I don't need to. The military isn't going to split up along ideological lines.

That's what would have to happen for a civil war to occur in America.

You might rethink this..
That was actually a very good listen. He made some very interesting observations.

No, armed insurrection or any other insurrection is not at all likely from a people so cowed they gladly wear masks at the order of Government.

Taken on the whole, I tend to agree with that, at least so far as the vast majority of the population goes. There are far, far more sheeple than there are wolves, by several orders of magnitude.

MM

You sound scary.

Sorry to scare you but then again you probably wear a mask.
Once again, a lot of you are mistaking insurrection, rebellion, or revolution for civil war. None of those first three are going to happen, but we could easily still have a civil war. First of all, all of this is driven from the top down, unlike insurrections and revolutions usually are. The elites want this fight and the elites are the ones who are fighting it behind the scenes right now. Various factions are trying to get control of the levers of government and the people as a whole, are merely pawns or tools in this fight right now. When/if violence breaks out, it isn’t necessarily going to be a reaction of people against some injustice, it is more apt to be top down driven and instigated by agencies or groups like Antifa who are in the employ of these elites. At that point, more generalized violence could spill over into the population and the federal government could be just as divided a everyone else.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I publicly vow to you my friends, that I shall fight...until something good comes on Netflix or until I need a sandwich or my prescriptions run out. Howzat for defending the constitution?

#patriot
Plan for the worst, hope for the best....

DF
"All Hell breakin’ loose". Ha! Reminded me of this song about ol’ Blue Light! 😁

Did you happen to notice how easily the Government forced everyone to wear masks, shut down their small businesses, not go to church, not visit friends, "social distance" and generally fear death and destruction from the Chinese Virus? Hell, people are still wearing masks even outside. I don't wear a mask.

People that pliable are not likely to take up deer rifles to shoot anything more than deer (as long and only when the Government grants them permission to do so). Shoot a deer "out of season", a "season" dictated by the Government, and see what happens. You will lose your precious hunting license that you paid an exorbitant price for, pay a large fine, maybe lose your little deer rifle, and not be "allowed" to hunt for several Government dictated seasons.

You need to spend more time in the rural West. These are hard people who have already set to doing what needs to be done.

I live in the "rural west" and have for many years.

There are hills I am willing to die on. A mask isn't one of them.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

There are hills I am willing to die on. A mask isn't one of them.

I sure won't be forced to wear a face diaper against my will though.
you guys need to stop with all the civil war BS. It's complete lunacy and sounds even more idiotic that the lefts antifa crowd. You're giving gun owners a bad name and providing fodder for the left.You either need to get back on your meds or realize you're being baited to say stupid stuff.

At worst there will be small pockets of unrest from the liberal give me free stuff crowd which will just lose them more supporters. Of course I have no problem with you protecting you and yours (in a legal manner) should that come to your front door. But wide spread violence- give me a break. If Trump wins he will have the freedom to step in where needed or where the democrat local gov't wont- oregon etc. If trump loses the good people of this country aren't going to go around looting and burning.
Originally Posted by elkmtb
you guys need to stop with all the civil war BS. It's complete lunacy and sounds even more idiotic that the lefts antifa crowd. You're giving gun owners a bad name and providing fodder for the left.You either need to get back on your meds or realize you're being baited to say stupid stuff.

At worst there will be small pockets of unrest from the liberal give me free stuff crowd which will just lose them more supporters. Of course I have no problem with you protecting you and yours (in a legal manner) should that come to your front door. But wide spread violence- give me a break. If Trump wins he will have the freedom to step in where needed or where the democrat local gov't wont- oregon etc. If trump loses the good people of this country aren't going to go around looting and burning.

STFU. You suck as a "voice of reason". The entire government is corrupt and criminal, the entire law-enforcement community has "taken the ticket" too. Governments are now in cahoots with huge corporations and NGO's to destroy everything that the Enlightenment built. Maybe you should listen more and pronounce less.

F U C K YOU!

Why do you think we even have a 2nd Amendment?

Our founding fathers wrote that into our Constitution because we had been at war with a tyrannical govt. Not because they wanted to have venison for supper!

If it hurts your pussy too much to consider all possibilities, then perhaps you should go back to the kiddie pool.

You need to find a set. The system has been subverted by the radical globalists and the election charade appears to have finally reached its breaking point. It is very possible that bloodshed will be required to preserve what little remains of individual liberty in the US. I don't give a damn about "providing fodder for the left". The radical left is arming up and needs to be viewed as yet another potential adversary. It's time to stop playing by the establishment's rules; the game is rigged against us and the best course of action is to knock the table over.

I would not worry about most of these guys. As soon as they realize that civil war means no social security and or pension cheks they will come down off the high hoarse. Just like numerous retired high ranking military officials who spoke out against Donald Trump. They just want stable society and pension benefits. I would be concerned about People's Rights Network. I am sure the American agencies are paying close attention to what they are doing or planning.

Well said. But, if Trump wins I think there will more than "small pockets" of unrest. I would expect to see the usual democrat controlled cities ablaze and would not be surprised to see T let them burn.

Posted without comment:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/national/

You just cannot cure a chronic case of the Dumbass...

Here's your 2016 prediction.

There is no medication for the malody "Dumb Fugk".

I'm not making a prediction about this election, but if I were to make a prediction you all are free to predict what prediction I would make.

I simply posted a summary of all National polls on the state of the election as of this day. Argue with those polls, not me.

I am very happy, as I said, that my 2016 prediction was wrong.

As in 2016 If T wins The Wife and I be hosting a celebratory dinner for about 14-20 of our friends and Trump supporters at the 115 Broiler in Grants Pass. You can look it up.

Media Bias / Fact Check--- FiveThirtyEight

...Funded by / Ownership

FiveThirtyEight is owned by ABC News, which in turn is owned by the Walt Disney Company. The website is funded through online advertising.

Analysis / Bias

In review, FiveThirtyEight is different from other polling sources in that they do not conduct the polls, but rather deeply analyze other polls and apply a strict methodology to determine accuracy. For example, Real Clear Politics simply takes the averages of all polls to come up with a score, whereas 538 uses weights on each individual poll based on demographics and much more. One can argue this is more accurate and 538’s early track record proved it was. However, in 2016 they gave President Trump a 29% chance of winning. This does not mean they were wrong, because they still had a 29% chance of being correct, but they clearly were not very close on this one with their methods.

538 also reports news on their website that tends to lean left, however, they have been criticized as being opposed to the progressive left. News articles typically utilize moderate to minimal loaded language such as this: How Amy Klobuchar Could Win The 2020 Democratic Nomination. This article relies on proper sourcing from the likes of ABC News, Monmouth University and Senate.gov. A review of news stories reveals a more positive tone toward the left such as this: Trump Is Wrong. When The Opposition Party Runs The House, The President Gets Investigated.

In general, 538 tends to stick to poll related news, but when discussing politics, they usually slightly favor the left through story selection and wording...

Polls are made by democrat liars, why believe them.
I'm not making a prediction about this election, but if I were to make a prediction you all are free to predict what prediction I would make.

I simply posted a summary of all National polls on the state of the election as of this day. Argue with those polls, not me.

Too late dumbass. You already did. Or did you forget that?

Polls today are meant to influence people, not reflect the opinion of them.
My prediction: Trump will be President in 2021. I hereby rescind all previous predictions. This prediction replaces all my other predictions and henceforth is the only prediction that should be attributed to me.

I reserve the right to make future predictions.
Not a hill you are willing to die on.
But are there any so far ...........ever...........you were willing to fight on? A real fight? One in which you could actually loose something? Even one?

There is no such a thing as a temporary lapse in integrity.
Originally Posted by jdunham

Would you believe a poll that said Trump was up ten points over B? Just asking?
Originally Posted by szihn
Not a hill you are willing to die on.
But are there any so far ...........ever...........you were willing to fight on? A real fight? One in which you could actually loose something? Even one?

There is no such a thing as a temporary lapse in integrity.

I served 20 years in the armed forces. Care to share your CV with the crowd?

Why would you believe a known and repeated liar, regardless of what he or she said? You are the one citing these "sources" that are not even dubious. They are simply propaganda, planned, created, and purchased.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Why would you believe a known and repeated liar, regardless of what he or she said? You are the one citing these "sources" that are not even dubious. They are simply propaganda, planned, created, and purchased.

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to hold it, wrong though it maybe.

Would you believe an average of all National polls showing T up by 10 points. Just axtin.
I did a total of 15 years between my time in the Marine Corps and instruction for the DOD. Since that time I have also been very active in matters of law and policy in both state and local levels, in Nevada, Idaho and Wyoming.
You?

"Armed Forces" is a large area.
What branch and what MOS? Tell us about the risks you took.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I served 20 years in the armed forces. Care to share your CV with the crowd?

The Coast Guard?
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to hold it, wrong though it maybe.

Would you believe an average of all National polls showing T up by 10 points. Just axtin.

My opinion? Facts are not opinions. That you can't tell the difference tells me everything I need to know.

Straightforward stuff, really. You're just a brainwashed moron who can't discern the difference between fact and fiction.

Facts are usually backed up by more facts not just your opinion. Please give your sources for your supposed "facts".
I should qualify my remarks and "tones" here:

I may have misspoke, but then again--------- I may be 100% spot on.

I mean no open disrespect at all, but I don't believe doing the same things wrong, over several decades, will make them work right.

In reading the posts of Paul Barnard over the past months and years I believe I see an overtone of compliance with the status quo, and going along to get along. I may be wrong, and if I am (and I hope I am) I'll apologize here, now, to Mr Barnard, in front of all the readership. If holding to the status quo and going along to get along are not the ways of Mr Barnard then I sincerely and respectfully apologize here, now in front of God and man.

But if I am right I wish to point out the facts, and encourage all who read my writing to act instead of just waiting for someone else to fix their issues for them.

Government is not going to do it and anyone with the attention span of 1 hour or an IQ higher then about 45 would see that it's the policies of those in government that CAUSED 100% of the issues we see today, so thinking those same folks and institutions are going to fix them is insane. If they could and if they wanted to fix them .......they'd be fixed already!

I replied to the post I have read so many times about "not being willing to die on that hill" and I have read and heard that quote hundreds of times in my life, written and spoken by dozens of people. Yet in 100% of the cases I have experienced (so far) in the last 45+ years, EVERY ONE that ever said that to me or to anyone never fought any battles at all for a righteous cause. Dying on the hill is not a forgone conclusion. Fighting the battle is how someone wins and it can be you as much as it can be them. But you never win if you don't take a stand. Not taking a stand IS cooperation with the communists. I have done it both in real wars (been hit 4 times) and also several times in courts and in front of legislatures in 3 states. So far I have won more then I lost.

Does that mean Mr Barnard is a coward? NO!

But it means he wrote the exact line I have seen come from cowards many, man, many, many times. Hence my emotions.

I believe no one (yet) needs to die, but I also believe if you will not fight on small issues you absolutely will not do so on bigger and more dangerous ones. Does any one believe that facing a contest by standing for a cause that may cost you 1-3 days, or a few dozen or hundred dollars is too scary, but facing death or destruction of your nation is something that same person will do---- is reasonable or realistic? Does that man exist? The Bible tells us all that those that can't be trusted in small things can't ever be trusted in big things.

If you look at the brewing storm all over the nation anyone with an IQ as high a goldfish knows the conflict is coming because the Marxists are emboldened and on the offensive. The reason (and the ONLY reason) they have such courage and momentum now is because ordinary citizens DID NOTHING before now.

It is insane to think we'd have be a population of free men who are self reliant and self sufficient and yet need government to manage us and can tell us to do nonsensical things with no laws, no proof of the science, and a bunch of proof the policy is harmful.

Freedom is a result of who you are at the core. The body follows the mind and convictions, not the other way around. Going along to get along with overt subjugation is parallel to making more holes in your ship's hull to allow the water to drain out. How do you think you lost what you (or your fathers) had in the 1st place?

Hence my statement of "there is not such a thing as a temporary lapse in integrity". Integrity is not something you put on and off. It's who you are at the core, and a lack of it is who and what you are NOT!

So if that brings offense to Paul, I apologize ONLY if such offense is unwarranted. AND EVEN IF THE REMARK IS 100% WARRANTED it something that can be changed by conviction and commitment. Many if not most of the great men of history did that exact thing as soon as they saw they needed to and that they'd been wrong in the past. All of us can be remarkable if we simply choose to be. I would just LOVE to be misguided and prejudiced by the statement of "not being willing to die on that hill". I am human and if I spoke out of turn I am willing to admit my wrongs.

But if I am correct about people saying that are actually not being willing to take any stand at all, well I'll let the future prove who was right. Both the coming history and the Holy God will be our judges.
Originally Posted by szihn

What branch and what MOS? Tell us about the risks you took.

2 years in the Army as an FO and 18 in the CG.

"But are there any so far ...........ever...........you were willing to fight on? A real fight? One in which you could actually loose something? Even one?"

To answer that question, I was willing to fight on any hill that I was told to fight on. On the domestic front, I was involved in a variety of law enforcement operations, and I ran the rescue boats. I also served as a reserve deputy for the Harrison County MS SO for a short period of time before Katrina hit and tossed my world upside down.

Szihn---Well said. Would that more people on this forum were as well spoken, erudite, polite, and generally of good cheer as you are. Respectfully, Spanokopitas
Thank you Sir, that was kind to say.
© 24hourcampfire