Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Mad
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I can't imagine what people are thinking when they say that a civil war is going to break out in America. The federal government owns the big weapons and the federal government is crooked to its roots,...and it's not on *your* side.

It's not the 1860s any longer. People can't cast up a few 8 pounders, grab up some rifles, and make war against the government.

It's not going to look like the picture you have in your head. It won't be against the govt.

Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Everyone believes the fighting will be in the open. The fighting will be silent, in darkness, and selective.

Someone gets it.. Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Any one who thinks T will win in a landslide is delusional and just plain stupid. More likely the land will slide Biden's way.

I am worried, very worried and am preparing myself mentally for the disaster.

The only riots will be Biden supporters in celebration of his victory. Republicans don't riot. When was the last time anyone saw a Republican riot? Sure there will be a few nut cases who do a few stupid things, but large scale Antifa and BLM riots? Not a chance.

Trump has been down double digits in most polls since B was nominated. Now you can rant and rave all you want about pollsters but they are paid to be right whether or not they be democrat or Republican. You can BYSA they don't want a repeat of 2016. Can anyone show me any poll that says T will win in a landslide or even by one vote?

Is anyone stupid enough to bet that T will win in a landslide? I'll bet he won't.

Trump has had the power and majesty of the office for almost four years and still he trails "Sleepy" by 10+ points in the average of all polls.

The Wife and I just voted twice for Trump. Go thou and do likewise.

You just cannot cure a chronic case of the Dumbass...

Here's your 2016 prediction.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hunter4623
There’s exactly ZERO% chance of any civil war in this country as long as there’s food on the shelves and people can still use their phones.

Exactly. People look back to the War of Northern Aggression as a parallel for our times. How about fast forward to the civil rights era in the South. The beginning of it was a little before my time and things had pretty well but not totally calmed down by the time I started school but consider.......

The Federal Government essentially broke the Jim Crow era which had been going on since reconstruction. They forced integration both in society and in the schools. That issue HAD to be as big as anything we are going through today. I suspect most white people didn't like it, they probably bitched and raised hell quite a bit......but when Eisenhower sent in the National Guard to see that the black kids were allowed to go to school with the whites.......no one started shooting at them with their deer rifles and it was pretty much game over.

That is not to say there was no ugliness about the situation. There was plenty but it fell far short of anything resembling a civil war and in the end the powers that be got their way.

Back to your larger point, if there ever is a civil war here it will be AFTER the communist take power and totally eff things up as they always do bringing about food shortages, power outages, generally the lack of basic things we all now take for granted. It ain't gonna happen the day after the election one way or another, although I do expect if Trump wins, the little snot nosed communists in the liberal cities will continue to throw hissie fits as much as they are allowed.

Last edited by RJY66; 10/19/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hunter4623
75% of statistics are made up on the spot. There’s exactly ZERO% chance of any civil war in this country as long as there’s food on the shelves and people can still use their phones.
Got news for ya - food's already being hoarded in many areas of the country.. It was reported (IIRC) in the WSJ that Green Giant's total supply of corn-based items are already sold beyond the 50% mark - about three+ months ahead of normal..

Many items of basic food supplies - flour, sugar, yeast, boxed items like rice, pasta etc., are showing up on the shelves in short supply.. People in the rural areas should be fine since they can grow gardens big enough to supply a family easily for a year or more.. Many home-canned supplies can last years; I have canned sweet corn dating to 2015 and it's still just fine..

It's the city folk who'll suffer the most, and the earliest.. Well guess where most of the 'unrest' is? Cities.. Where will they go when they can't get food? The country..

I'm sure I'm wrong.. Someone will immediately tell me so.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Did you happen to notice how easily the Government forced everyone to wear masks, shut down their small businesses, not go to church, not visit friends, "social distance" and generally fear death and destruction from the Chinese Virus? Hell, people are still wearing masks even outside. I don't wear a mask.

People that pliable are not likely to take up deer rifles to shoot anything more than deer (as long and only when the Government grants them permission to do so). Shoot a deer "out of season", a "season" dictated by the Government, and see what happens. You will lose your precious hunting license that you paid an exorbitant price for, pay a large fine, maybe lose your little deer rifle, and not be "allowed" to hunt for several Government dictated seasons.

No, armed insurrection or any other insurrection is not at all likely from a people so cowed they gladly wear masks at the order of Government.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Without power the cell phone towers do not work.

They would have to knock out every single one of them.
They all have back up generators that kick in when the power is out and the Remote sites have several systems to keep them running.
If they knocked out the main hubs it would shut down the system in those areas.

Your not correct... they all do not have backup generators in the least.. and the remote sites do not have several systems to keep them running either lmao....

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I publicly vow to you my friends, that I shall fight...until something good comes on Netflix or until I need a sandwich or my prescriptions run out. Howzat for defending the constitution?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The federal government will squash it like a bug.

Hmmm. Is that what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by marktheshark
I know I nor 100 or so Trump voters I have talked to recently have been called or polled in any way. You gotta take polls with a grain of salt....you think they really call "random" people? Kind of like the "undecided" voters at Dementia Joes last townhall.....like the woman who had prior admitted to being a biden supporter and married to a Dem lobbyist or whatever he is....If they do actually call random people how many actual Trump supporters do you know who would answer the phone, let alone answer the questions truthfully?

Me personally I think there are 2 sets of polls. Propaganda polls which all the media use in an attempt to sway public opinion and then the actual polls the politicians use to plan manage their campaign strategy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't need to. The military isn't going to split up along ideological lines.

That's what would have to happen for a civil war to occur in America.

You might rethink this..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That was actually a very good listen. He made some very interesting observations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, armed insurrection or any other insurrection is not at all likely from a people so cowed they gladly wear masks at the order of Government.

Taken on the whole, I tend to agree with that, at least so far as the vast majority of the population goes. There are far, far more sheeple than there are wolves, by several orders of magnitude.

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Turn off the electricity, shut down the main thoroughfares, and kill the WiFi capability in the larger cities and we will see the libtards surrender. The metrosexuals can’t live without their WiFi. Country people can.

And may I gently inquire as to who is going to, "Turn off the electricity....etc.?"

Transformers, Deer rifles, Grid down

And how will that benefit anyone? Take my grid down and I'm going to be pissed at whomever did it and my deer rifle will be pointed in their direction.

You sound scary.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Sorry to scare you but then again you probably wear a mask.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again, a lot of you are mistaking insurrection, rebellion, or revolution for civil war. None of those first three are going to happen, but we could easily still have a civil war. First of all, all of this is driven from the top down, unlike insurrections and revolutions usually are. The elites want this fight and the elites are the ones who are fighting it behind the scenes right now. Various factions are trying to get control of the levers of government and the people as a whole, are merely pawns or tools in this fight right now. When/if violence breaks out, it isn’t necessarily going to be a reaction of people against some injustice, it is more apt to be top down driven and instigated by agencies or groups like Antifa who are in the employ of these elites. At that point, more generalized violence could spill over into the population and the federal government could be just as divided a everyone else.

Last edited by JoeBob; 10/19/20.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I publicly vow to you my friends, that I shall fight...until something good comes on Netflix or until I need a sandwich or my prescriptions run out. Howzat for defending the constitution?

#patriot

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Plan for the worst, hope for the best....

DF

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"All Hell breakin’ loose". Ha! Reminded me of this song about ol’ Blue Light! 😁

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Did you happen to notice how easily the Government forced everyone to wear masks, shut down their small businesses, not go to church, not visit friends, "social distance" and generally fear death and destruction from the Chinese Virus? Hell, people are still wearing masks even outside. I don't wear a mask.

People that pliable are not likely to take up deer rifles to shoot anything more than deer (as long and only when the Government grants them permission to do so). Shoot a deer "out of season", a "season" dictated by the Government, and see what happens. You will lose your precious hunting license that you paid an exorbitant price for, pay a large fine, maybe lose your little deer rifle, and not be "allowed" to hunt for several Government dictated seasons.

You need to spend more time in the rural West. These are hard people who have already set to doing what needs to be done.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I live in the "rural west" and have for many years.

www.paracay.com

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (12savage, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 48 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,125
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.